Please oh please give it back

Devonadams20

Mmmm, nothx, people need to get over them already. I've got a character at 600 ap with True Ivorymoon and full Pinnacle... he ends up tanking even as a hm 7 with HM 10s in the group. Seriously, we don't NEED Hongmoon accessories! Pinnacle is enough to so EC and DT to se legendary pieces that drop there.

No, all of the Pinnacle stuff is perfectly fine for EC and DT given you have the correct gems on your weapon and soul shields set up. It's this idiotic community that will not accept the fact that stuff changes and Attack Power is not the end all be all stat like they think/want it to be... it's mechanics and all the other stats being ignored that gets you through this game, NOT AP!

17 minutes ago, Meginb said:

No, all of the Pinnacle stuff is perfectly fine for EC and DT given you have the correct gems on your weapon and soul shields set up. It's this idiotic community that will not accept the fact that stuff changes and Attack Power is not the end all be all stat like they think/want it to be... it's mechanics and all the other stats being ignored that gets you through this game, NOT AP!

The stats for some still suck though, besides I don't think anyone cares about the AP, it's the crit dmg loss which matters. I've seen people ditch their HM accessories for pinnacle earring and ring, which is a bit silly since they're losing dps by doing that. If you still have those acc there's no reason to why you shouldn't use them.

For those who still have their's and have upgraded them to that point, that's one thing. I ditched mine since it would take too much grinding and money to bother with on my alts, they have zero issues keeping up with people in Hongmoon accessories.

What pisses me off, is that 3/5 are clearly better than the True boss ones and yet people are focused on the 2/5 like they represent the entire set's stats and the other ones can't make up for the stat loss. Furthermore, people treat others who have them like they're trash just for having them, which is just them following the intended progression path.

Ivorymoon>Lucent>Pinnacle>Legendaries/Elemental accessories. Working as intended. Deal with it people.

But you don't even have to upgrade them to true boss. The awaken oath stage 10 is good enough for the earring and it's really cheap to upgrade to. I don't know about the ring. The stats matter, especially in long boss fights. The True Siren earring is probably better than pinnacle.

I'm trying to imagine what fights you're even referring to... because I literally just did EC and DT with zero issues, even in MSP, I end up living longer than most of the other melee. Mechanics, Soulshields, Weapons, Gems and Hongmoon skills are more than enough to cover for the stats you may lose by using full Pinnacle.

The only people whining about the accessory changes are the min/maxers obsessed with having BiS everything at all times... even though the old ones took up time, money/materials and space that could be better used on upgrading your weapon and other legendary items... the problem with the accessories is the playerbase's bias, not the items.

This happens to me a lot. Don't get me wrong here i'm not judging. I see HM6's with 613 AP. True ivorymoon and full Pinnacle set. The lobby is 600+ so they are free to join right? No. Not at all. 80% of the time these guys are clueless. I'm not saying all of em, just most of em. I much rather have a higher experienced player (HM9-....) with less AP, which is weird but anyways, than these guys.

The reason why the true boss accessories were better is because it took people much longer to get up to a high enough ap to do things, which gave them more time to learn how to play their class properly, these pinnicle accessories and new eapon path are essentially bypassing that progression meaning that we are now seeing a whole new generation of players coming through to mote or less end-game content (EC, DT & NF) without enough knowledge of their class and of mechanics. No one can deny that EC, DT & NF are not mechs intensive dungeons. in EC the first boss can be bursted down if the party has high dps, (full pinnicle users do not have this dps), but the other bosses require you to do mechanics, in DT, the first 2 bosses can be bursted down (again, full pinnicle users cannot do this), but the final boss requires near perfect mechs or it is a party wipe, and NF CAN NOT be done by a party of full pinnicle users with true ivorymoon weapons. expecting that new players can go into a dungeon like Naryu Foundry with their pinnicle accessories and true ivorymoon weapon is insane. Rocnar is without a doubt the most unforgiving boss mechs-wise (excluding BT) to date, anything less than perfect mechs is a party wipe. Yes, its true, some players take the time to learn the mechs for these dungeons, but these players are few and far between, most of these new players join groups for these dungeons expecting the difficulty to be about the same as Asura, they have no knowledge of the mechs and cause a great deal of frustration, where as before, these types of players simply wouldnt have enough ap to get into groups for these dungeons. THAT is the issue with this new accessory path

Idk why many people are "agains't" True Boss accessories... We not asking to revert the changes, WE JUST ASKING FOR AN OPTION to be able to get Hongmoon Accessories.

Also the Earring, Ring and Belt is trash if compared to Awakened Oathbreaker Stage 10.

@CheungTrue that. The earring is pathetic. And the legendary earring from msp is pathetic as well. Only the higher tier elemental ones are somehow fine, but in no way better for PvE than a maxed out hongmoon earring. Except maybe if you couple maxed out top tier elemental earring with raven weapon so you combo the elemental damages. Then it's better overall.

37 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

@CheungTrue that. The earring is pathetic. And the legendary earring from msp is pathetic as well. Only the higher tier elemental ones are somehow fine, but in no way better for PvE than a maxed out hongmoon earring. Except maybe if you couple maxed out top tier elemental earring with raven weapon so you combo the elemental damages. Then it's better overall.

elemental ears + pinnacle bracelet is BiS right now unless you can change heroic ears with BT ones. And that even for classes which does'nt have ele dmg multiply skill.

You don't "need" Hongmoon accessories but I don't see any reason why they couldn't let the players choose whether they want to wear them or not. Removing them altogether is a bit harsh, especially at low level. Harsh and dumb. Yeah, it's a stupid decision.

5 hours ago, Cheung said:

Idk why many people are "agains't" True Boss accessories... We not asking to revert the changes, WE JUST ASKING FOR AN OPTION to be able to get Hongmoon Accessories.

Also the Earring, Ring and Belt is trash if compared to Awakened Oathbreaker Stage 10.

I wouldn't personally care if they left them in the game for people, but other than salvaging for jewels they are a waste of money now.  Elemental ring/earring are better/equal and cheaper to max out.  Possibly harder to get for a person with no friends, but that's an easily solvable problem.

Archived