Buff the FM already

ARC1276

Do I even need to say anything about this? The one class in the game that doesn't even scratch to top 200 for ToI, and the one class that you will seldom find in the top 100 for 1v1. Of course, I'm not counting 3v3 and 6v6 because honestly, it's all about team comp, interference, and gear, not raw skills. 

I've already got a few ideas that they could do to buff the class, things like: Reducing CD time on our grip the version that they nerfed to forbid us from 1v1, giving us some more regeneration (like giving back the 10% from Frost Armor), and possibly new skills that you can proc from using Frost/Fire Step (like something that puts a deep freeze, or a daze in ice/fire respectively).

But are we getting that?! NOPE! WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER NERF TO OUR HEALS! They're going to boost our ice builds and make it so we just simply can't PVP anymore! The vital air combo all FMs in higher levels of game play use is going to be gone now, and we have to relearn the class in BOTH PVE and PVP all over again. This here, ladies and gentlemen, is how you **** up a class and your game! FMs used to be a top tier class, and then they became a balanced class when more skill points were added in. Now, it's bottom tier, like the very lowest you can get, and what's happening to us? Another nerf...We'll get our grip back to the way it was, but at the cost of everything else.

I will quit playing FM if we ever get that stupid, garbage patch. Like honestly, I think the development team was high when they thought of that! All I hope for is that I'm wrong about the level 55 skill patch and FMs becomes viable in PVP again, because at the current state, it's just a class that's getting carried in 3v3s and 6v6s.

If you don't know which patch I'm talking about, please visit the FM threads in the forums and take a look.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ARC1276 said:

it's just a class that's getting carried in 3v3s and 6v6s.

Haha what? I am one of the lowest geared players on 6v6 (EU). Every season I end up in top 30 without effort, with little effort I am already at top10. If I got a lot time to go 6v6 (which I hardly got) I could still get top 5 among all players that have 30-40k HP and 150+ AP more than me. And I am definitely not carried by +4 ***** players on EU.

Just saying.

Other than that you are right overall. The skillpatch is actually going to make FM weaker in 6v6. They simplified some skills that I wouldn't want to use, but am forced to use it due to the merge into 1 skill. They lowered the survivibility of FM on 6v6 hard with the new patch, but I'm pretty good at adapting so who knows.

Fms dont need buff they are already balanced but this is the most ping depedant class and with our potatoe servers 95% of population got potatoe ping and cant play this class properly in arena this is why....

3 hours ago, ombremq said:

Fms dont need buff they are already balanced but this is the most ping depedant class and with our potatoe servers 95% of population got potatoe ping and cant play this class properly in arena this is why....

The real problem is, FM pvp playstyle is potato in general.

36 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

The real problem is, FM pvp playstyle is potato in general.

That's true. FM dps comes from burning or spamming ice rain in PVE. You can't do any of this very well in PVP. To balance this a bit, the dps of all other classes should be reduced to 60 or 70% of what they are doing now (in pvp only of course). But dps isn't a real problem in arena. The whole playstyle is shit and way to hard compared with other classes.

4 hours ago, ZDestiny said:

Haha what? I am one of the lowest geared players on 6v6 (EU). Every season I end up in top 30 without effort, with little effort I am already at top10. If I got a lot time to go 6v6 (which I hardly got) I could still get top 5 among all players that have 30-40k HP and 150+ AP more than me. And I am definitely not carried by +4 ***** players on EU.

Just saying.

Arena is one thing but 6v6 is random after all. If you get the weaker group most of the time you won't be high rank so easily.

ToI is the worst content for FMs (along with the new trail where you fight pohs sister). But that compensates with the highest dps ingame in pve. PVP wise FMs are descent in the west but not many people mastered the class it seems.

I dont know what you know about the new skill builds, but ice build is godlike now. Just go play in KR and you will see

PS: I play FM since launch in EU and I love it so far.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

Arena is one thing but 6v6 is random after all. If you get the weaker group most of the time you won't be high rank so easily.

Most of my matches are carried won by the two of us. That includes having weaker groups like last week 2 Ravens on the other side and 700+ avg x4. While we had 2 players with 60k hp and 700+ avg x4 (At WWV). We won it, just like many other carry matches we have to pull off a little extra effort. 

I got another fun example were 2 850+ AP players (before BT, they probably on 900+ now) mad fun of me and my friend that we are shit geared vs the other whale group 850+ AP x6. Guess what? We carried those shit whales and won. Best part is we played 6 games and the 2 weakest geared players (me and friend) kept swapping between the teams. We won 6 times. And the 2 that flamed us lost all matches when we were not with them. To be honest we would have pulled it off with 600 AP too. Because we don't need AP to win 6v6 matches while we can troll the shit out of people who have 1k AP and can't land a single combo or capture. Those 2 whales weren't talking anymore when we were in the same team several times that day after they kept losing.

Weaker group is a good one. Like I said I am one of the lowest geared players in the top ranks with that also my duo partner. So we are by default 33% the weakest 2 if we are to match up against a full group in the top 30, but that is EU mentality to base win/lose by gear. It depends on how you define 'weak', most would say AP ye? West Mentality. Honestly I prefer weaker geared players on 6v6 aslong they can survive long enough, stall, steal, def and understand how 6v6 is played.

Seen enough geared players who don't even understand how to spec their skills correctly. aka gear carried players, easily outplayed if you understand the basics of pvp and of course play your class role according to the 6v6 win priorities.

Agree with ZDestiny. Ofcourse luck is one part of the matchmaking, but not what decide who will win and who will loose. Season 1 (hardest season, because most people played) I was #48 of FMs with 570 AP and came close to platinum while whales had 750AP. At the moment I rebuild my soul shield, because I use that one from season 1 (2 naksun, 3 sparing, 3 challanger). This was still good enough until they released raven weapons.

But over all the 5 seasons they patched something worse into the game. Phantom Grip got +12s cd; we got restrain skills and bd multiple grab (even the very tanky class FM dies in seconds against low AP); we got legendary soul shields which makes it nearly impossible to crit against well pvp geared players (very rare F proccs) and now we have a new power with raven equipment which can kill you like restraint skill befor. This additional with the lag of smooth pvp gameplay of FM makes FM so weak. Don't understand me wrong, I am not weak in battleground, but compared to my Sin I see the flow FM should have, but haven't.

You don't need to get carried as FM in battleground, you can still carry a team of Sums, Sins, BMs and so on. But a team of 6 FMs would be worse then a team of 6 [one class], that's the difference.

Btw burning build got nerfed in KR with dragonchar and the only one nice nerf they should have done month ago in EU/NA. Dragonchar is the most over powered skill I ever have seen in a MMORPG. They balanced this skill at level 55 ... late, but they did.

-they did reduce the CD of the grab to 24 seconds in the new patch

-the air combo is still there, and it's even easier to use than before. And now you can even add more skills like dual dragons which becomes unavoidable with air combo and it's much easier to get it now because you only need to crit once in each stance so it's almost always there with an air combo

-FMs in KR can 100-0 now just like any other class

-FM did get a good buff with daze dragonchar. It can also freeze on top of the daze and knockback and it also got a buff to blazing palm if you're using a frost build 

FMs don't need buffs with the new patch, really. It's other classes like BD and WL that needs a NERF because they are so damn over powered to the point where its silly

Also please don't complain about pve. Lol. FM's DPS in KR now is absolutely ridiculous. A FM with full gear that uses accelerated dragon char can basically do 2x the dps of all other classes. And blazing beam damage got a substantial buff so that's also pretty great for lower geared FM who can't manage their focus. The 55 patch makes skill use an absolute joy for FM in pve specially since they removed the useless dps loss skills like fire fury

5 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

FMs don't need buffs with the new patch, really. It's other classes like BD and WL that needs a NERF because they are so damn over powered to the point where its silly

BD needs a nerf? Please, talk about a class that doesn't have 100-0 combo. Go watch how kfm, des, bm can 100-0 before you can even move an inch if you accidentally wasted tab escape. WL soon will have air 100-0 combo with new skill patch. Against BD, even if you accidentally wasted tab escape, they can't 100-0 you.

11 hours ago, Wataru said:

Maybe if they nerf them in PvE as they deal stupid amounts of damage and get free atk/crit for no reason.

FMs don't get any free crit, and the only kind atk buff is the dragonblaze buff which is minor when compared to buffs other class recieve from skills.

8 hours ago, Half said:

Btw burning build got nerfed in KR with dragonchar and the only one nice nerf they should have done month ago in EU/NA. Dragonchar is the most over powered skill I ever have seen in a MMORPG. They balanced this skill at level 55 ... late, but they did.

Btw, burn build didnt get nerfed :D ice build got buffed and now they are on par with eachother (both builds are equally good in pve and does an equal amount of dmg).

Fun stuff when people dont play in KR and assume things from reading reddit or other stuff. Just dont :D

Jaesung the ex professional fm player said himself fm is not that bad at pvp. You even get freeze after daze, that mean you can follow up cc with 2 impact stuns and aerial is easier use because you can detonate it yourself. 

@NightFer: Come with facts instead of writing nonsense. I don't speak about the whole burning build, I spoke about dragonchar and awakened dragonchar.

- In EU/NA dragonchar does 5.7 AP multiplier + 1 AP multiplier while enemies are stunned, dazed, grabbed, phantom gripped + 4 AP multiplier when enemies are inflicted by burn.

- In EU/NA awakened dragonchar does 11.5 AP multiplier + 1 AP multiplier while enemies are stunned, dazed, grabbed, phantom gripped + 4 AP multiplier when enemies are inflicted by burn.

- In KR dragonchar does 5.7 AP multiplier + 1.3 AP multiplier when enemies are inflicted by burn -> no ap multiplier anymore for stunned, dazed, grabbed, phantom gripped enemies.

- In KR awakened dragonchar does 11.5 AP multiplier. No multiplier anymore for burned oder cc'ed enemies.

Tell me, where's that no a nerf? And don't come with blazing beam ... I speak about dragonchar - only from dragonchar the whole time. ;-)

Yet FMs are still top dps for some reason :D and you didnt mention the 60% range increase (from 10 to 16) that means you dont need to run near the target anymore. It does got a dmg nerf (slightly) but it got speed increased and that compensates the loss of dmg. Not that anyone is spamming 2 since the chi cost is too high even in KR. You dont know how strong dragonchar actually is with a few more items collected.

PS: Dragonchar is not your main dps source to begin with, I dont know what are you whining about really.

35 minutes ago, Half said:

@NightFer: Come with facts instead of writing nonsense. I don't speak about the whole burning build, I spoke about dragonchar and awakened dragonchar.

- In EU/NA dragonchar does 5.7 AP multiplier + 1 AP multiplier while enemies are stunned, dazed, grabbed, phantom gripped + 4 AP multiplier when enemies are inflicted by burn.

- In EU/NA awakened dragonchar does 11.5 AP multiplier + 1 AP multiplier while enemies are stunned, dazed, grabbed, phantom gripped + 4 AP multiplier when enemies are inflicted by burn.

- In KR dragonchar does 5.7 AP multiplier + 1.3 AP multiplier when enemies are inflicted by burn -> no ap multiplier anymore for stunned, dazed, grabbed, phantom gripped enemies.

- In KR awakened dragonchar does 11.5 AP multiplier. No multiplier anymore for burned oder cc'ed enemies.

Tell me, where's that no a nerf? And don't come with blazing beam ... I speak about dragonchar - only from dragonchar the whole time. ;-)

for dragonchar, they reduced the damage but increased the range and most importantly they made it so that everytime you crit you get one focus back. without this dragonchar is NOT USABLE anyway. and if they kept the damage AND kept the new buff of focus regen then it would have just been too broken for the game. it's already the highest damage in the game already.

for Awakened dragon char they reduced the damage because it was broken anyway. but they also increased the range to 16m and you also don't need to waste time to burn the boss with C which makes it more practical. so thats more of a balance move than anything. . it's still one of the most powerful awakened skills in the game if not thee most powerful

edit: they also made impact accelerate dragonchar.

15 minutes ago, NightFer said:

PS: Dragonchar is not your main dps source to begin with, I dont know what are you whining about really.

I don't whine (wtf are all people thinking someone is whining or crying when they use some critic on any system? just lol), but i know FM very well (burning buid & ice build) and I know where're some balance issues ... the most broken was awakened dragonchar. I don't know KR balancing compared to other classes, but I could compare fire and frost build.

Yes, dragonchar has 16m range now, but 2x16 and not 4x16! Dragonchar was 4x10 befor, so it was easier to hit with, you just needed to go more in meele range. It's just a change in handling.

21 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

[...] they made it so that everytime you crit you get one focus back.

So you can use it 4 times instead of 3 times (if 3/4 hits crit!). It's not that big deal.

22 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

you also don't need to waste time to burn the boss with C which makes it more practical.

Right, now even people who never burned boss to damage him with awakened dragonchar can do full dps now. No class knowledge needed anymore for all the casuals. ^^ But that's still ok compared to awakened ice rain, which don't need cold snap anymore.

17 minutes ago, Half said:

I don't whine (wtf are all people thinking someone is whining or crying when they use some critic on any system? just lol), but i know FM very well (burning buid & ice build) and I know where're some balance issues ... the most broken was awakened dragonchar. I don't know KR balancing compared to other classes, but I could compare fire and frost build.

Yes, dragonchar has 16m range now, but 2x16 and not 4x16! Dragonchar was 4x10 befor, so it was easier to hit with, you just needed to go more in meele range. It's just a change in handling.

So you can use it 4 times instead of 3 times (if 3/4 hits crit!). It's not that big deal.

Right, now even people who never burned boss to damage him with awakened dragonchar can do full dps now. No class knowledge needed anymore for all the casuals. ^^ But that's still ok compared to awakened ice rain, which don't need cold snap anymore.

the focus regen is actually a big deal, because with higher gear you'll be able proc more focus regen the more you hit. and the focus regen with the skill helps alot with that. it became usable when it wasn't previously. just look up some videos on pve FMs and you'll see what i'm talking about
and the impact buff is also just as important with making it viable to use, which wasn't previously there.
of course it is still not usable for lower gear FMs because they can't regenerate the focus from their gear and it's only then that the focus regen from the skill doesn't matter

10 hours ago, Tsunakai said:

FMs don't get any free crit, and the only kind atk buff is the dragonblaze buff which is minor when compared to buffs other class recieve from skills.

There are stat differences between classes.

Duh....nobody says that fm's do to less dps in pve. Op dont even mentioned it. It's all about a buff in pvp. I don know why people keep coming crying about awakened dragonchar when its clearly about how poor fms are in pvp.

Once and for all.....yes awa dragonchar is op and i dont mind if it gets nerfed in the future (and it will). Without sb a fm is only mid tear in dps, but still not bad and i'm fine with it.  What really grinds my gears is that its a pain in the ass for fms to do well in pvp and ToI and got nerfed to the ground. You loose the biggest part of your damage in pvp just to be able to something against enemys. Yes fms can still be good in pvp but the effort for it is horrible. Not all fms are just to lazy or stupid to learn it. Its pretty hard to be even dezent in it. I feel like fms have no real punishes for mistakes the enemy makes. When they do, oh well no big deal, just go on and resist, stunlock and use spammable shitton dps skills to kill him in seconds. As fm if you make one mistake you are basicly screwed... the heal we have is laughable in 1v1. No player as long he is not braindead will hit in your veil and ice heal. In 6v6 fms can be pretty usefull when it comes to steal time and protecting spots and assist with dmg from the edge of a fight. But as soon as you have to fight a well equiped enemy alone you can nearly forget to kill him anyway. You can just go into longtime fights and if you manage to do some damage because he made a mistake they heal up anyway. As soon you made a mistake you get spammed to hell and all you can do is try to survive somehow or give up to respawn and try to be usefull somewhere else.  Sorry for mistakes, thats only a short overview and much is not written because typing with the phone is annoying. So buff in pvp = omg yes pls and absolutely needed. Nerf awa dragonchar  = yes it is way to op now. Fm dps without sb = just fine

Archived