Blade and Soul performance on Ryzen?

Marqin

I'd say at same clocks, AMD or Intel should perform similarly.

If you wanna burn cash, grab an i7-7700k for best single thread performance (which is what most existing MMOs rely on).

Otherwise go Ryzen for best price / performance. Don't think either will bottleneck your gfx card under normal gameplay.

2 hours ago, Dyeless said:

New and cheap ssd that are faster then pci ssd will be soon out for intel. You can get it for 50 - 70 euros and that will be awesome for game loading and windows apps etc. There are much more features intel has that amd can't even touch but not many talking about that. And if you look at pricing then think again, older generation intel still kicks in performance. And only paid reviewers show amd glory while other show more realistic results. Sure you can OC but it's not that straight forward + many have problems. I bet next generation of amd maybe will start turning tables but this is nothing more but hype. And from what I've seen intel hater could not afford intel cpu and then with new amd there is a reason or excuse to hate more. Rarely you will hear someone with i7 complaining and can't wait to switch.

Amd never was consistent with their performance and they even never stick to their technology like mantle.

if you are talking are talking about their "new" optane memory that was a flop on the enterprise and they just starting to sell them as a caching solution for ppl with mechanical HD's you made my day.... seriously you don't seem to know what you are talking about. WHO THE HELL WILL USE ONE M2 SLOT FOR THAT WHEN YOU ARE WAY BETTER IN JUST PUTTING A M2 SSD THERE? is not like motherboards or laptops have ten's of those.

even Micron (their tech partner) is staying away from 3d Xpoint for now cause the tech is not mature

in case you are wondering why i call it a flop is cause they initially stated a 1000X faster than nand and now that we have producs is more like 10x at most better than nand. is not that it isn't good, but nothing close to initial performance they anounced.

but this discussion is derailing in a AMD vs INTEL kind of a thread.....

Edited by Dotimus

34 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

if you are talking are talking about their "new" optane memory that was a flop on the enterprise and they just starting to sell them as a caching solution for ppl with mechanical HD's you made my day.... seriously you don't seem to know what you are talking about. WHO THE HELL WILL USE ONE M2 SLOT FOR THAT WHEN YOU ARE WAY BETTER IN JUST PUTTING A M2 SSD THERE? is not like motherboards or laptops have ten's of those.

even Micron (their tech partner) is staying away from 3d Xpoint for now cause the tech is not mature

in case you are wondering why i call it a flop is cause they initially stated a 1000X faster than nand and now that we have producs is more like 10x at most better than nand. is not that it isn't good, but nothing close to initial performance they anounced.

but this discussion is derailing in a AMD vs INTEL kind of a thread.....

Kinda disagree this is still about intel and amd and their features. Optane is cheap and is faster then m.2 so for windows and most used apps/games is fantastic solution cause everything else can but stored in samsung ssd's as they become cheaper every year.

If you are a gamer then intel still beats in every title ryzen and that's a fact.

Just now, Space Jesus said:

Dyeless... You're making your own alternative facts :) Get the Trump out of your head and take this real fact in consideration (on a DX9 game, as BnS):

86346.png
86430.png

Why are you comparing low-end gpu's? :) So we can see a bottleneck? Throw 1080 or at least 1070. 

Also you compare 499 cpu and only include intel mid - range cpu. You can clearly get i7 for that price or older generation i7 for lower price and still beat flat out intel in every title. 

13 minutes ago, Space Jesus said:

200$ low-end? Wooow... Sorry, I've landed on wrong planet.

200 is a low end for gpu and always was. And I love the fact you completely ignored that fix benchmark and 499 amd cpu vs 250 intel. That's totally fair and valid thing to do. Also these low end cards are a bottleneck for actual benchmark system.

I'm comparing R5 1600 (which is basically same as 1600X when OC to 3.8 GHz) VS Core i5-7600K because, in my world, we used to buy Core i5 for gaming PC, not an i7, especially for a DX9 game like BnS. As I said, we are not on the same world. You know, the world before Ryzen, when i5 was a good gaming CPU, even for GTX 1070.

45 minutes ago, Dyeless said:

that fix benchmark and 499 amd cpu vs 250 intel.

OPEN YOUR EYES, they cost about the same the same is not a 400 vs a 250 is a 250 vs a 250

he linked the R5 not the R7 ryzen ffs look at the red lines, not the gray ones, there is no point in using a $1k cpu for BNS, YOU WILL NOT GET MORE FPS JUST BECAUSE THE ENGINE DOES NOT SCALE

Edited by Dotimus

12 hours ago, Divine Dragon Soul said:

Ryzen 5 1600x = 250$

8 gb GTX 1070 = 400$

16 gb RAM (2x8) 3000mhz  = 140$

Mainboard x370 = 150$

500 gb ssd m2 (r/w 2000mb/s) = 200$

Total = 1150$ = i7 6900K

still.....

i would go with the 1500x , still 16MB cache L3 and just 65W tdp, i still don't need more than 4 physical cores ( nor does the game...)

but the (current) problem with the config you wrote is just NVIDIA's *cricket* drivers (at least according to anand's DX9 bench) .

16 hours ago, Space Jesus said:

I'm comparing R5 1600 (which is basically same as 1600X when OC to 3.8 GHz) VS Core i5-7600K because, in my world, we used to buy Core i5 for gaming PC, not an i7, especially for a DX9 game like BnS. As I said, we are not on the same world. You know, the world before Ryzen, when i5 was a good gaming CPU, even for GTX 1070.

you don't even know what to do with 6900k and probably never will use it to it's full potential (it's like buying a bus to drive to your work, it's not practical). Try 7700k or even 6700k. You can find even 2600k kicks in games compared to amd and price is even lower. We are talking here about gaming and fps and intel still is best for that hands down. And it's more then just few fps and even if that would be few fps we are spending extra money on aftermarket coolers to oc cpu to literally get few more frames. We spend more money on a better mobo to have better components to handle better oc's, same goes for good psu and faster ram.

To me  this all sounds like people who never could afford i7 now find an excuse to moan about. Because I personally know none who own even higher tear i5 would complain about cpu alone. Clearly there is no point arguing with hype and fanboys so I'll leave it here. Smart will do proper research before committing and lazy will waste money regardless cause he/she doesn't even understand what is paid for.

1. Why 6900K appears suddenly in this discussion? Random CPU invocation or confusion between me and Divine Dragon Soul? Lol.
2. I don't even know how you could say that i7-2600K is a better choice... So, excepted if you have proof that i7-2600K is better on DX9 than any Skylake or Ryzen CPU, which could be relevant here for BnS, Ryzen 1600 and Core i7-2600K: 

3. Intel is "best" for gaming only with high-end Core i7. A lot of benchmarks (that you apparently read with a lot of attention) have proven that Ryzen is competitive against Core i5, gaming perf/price ratio is same for Ryzen and Skylake (excepted for Ryzen 7 because no game is optimized for 16 threads, as for 8 cores Intel Skylake...).

4. You are blinded by the competition and think that the only one gaming PC is the high-end i7 + GTX 1080 Ti (or something like that) because the 7700K is the CPU that bottleneck the less the powerful GTX 1080 Ti in 1080p. Lol. 90% of gamers are playing 1080p with a GTX 1080 Ti, or it's just your fantasy? You have in mind the worst case of CPU bottleneck (GTX 1080 in 1080p) and generalize it for every "real" gaming contexts, like GTX 1070, GTX 1060, RX 480, RX 470, Fury, GTX 980, GTX 970 where Ryzen or i5 are perfectly adapted and cover 95% of gaming needs.

5. For gaming, benchmarks clearly say that perf/price ratio of Ryzen = Skylake i5, so why should we complain about Ryzen if Skylake i5 is not a subject of complaint? You are contradicting yourself by saying that Ryzen is not good for gaming but i5 is.

Smart will do proper research before committing and lazy will waste money regardless cause he/she doesn't even understand what is paid for.

And what do you recommend to play if you don't want to waste money? A i7-7700K accompanied by a charming  GTX 1080 Ti? Do you realize how it is ridiculous?

PS: Fanboyism it is to announce absolutely not objective "facts", badly argued (or not at all), often filled with belittlements, facts that do not absolutely represent the reality, just because you think that there is a leader that deserves to be the only one leader. That obviously goes hand in hand with the alternative facts. That what you are doing.

• 1 year later...

For those who just want to know which is better for bns between ryzen and intel and don't want to read the whole thing, I'm digging this thread up to give a clear conclusion.

Ryzen is multithreading oriented, bns runs on one or 2 threads. Ryzen's single core performance is 25-30% behind intel's 7700k and 8700k. If you run bns even with a 1080 1080ti or 2080ti and a ryzen cpu, you're going to have 30% less fps as well as 30% harder fps drops.

Intel is said to be better for gaming because most games use 1 or 2 or 4 threads. New games are starting to use 8+ cores, but many are still monolithic (single core). You just have to know if you're going to play newer games or games like bns

The only thing you can do that will drastically improve your fps on ryzen, is disabling physx effects (i get 90 fps with it disabled instead of 60-70). It'll only make a big difference where there are many moving objects/mobs. Physx effects in bns aren't coded for ryzen as ryzen didn't even exist.

Because of how bns was coded, the cpu will always be the bottleneck, meaning the graphics card can be as powerful as you want, if the cpu can't follow, your fps won't be better. So prioritize buying a new cpu. The switch to unreal engine 4 won't really change anything.

Also consider installing the game on an ssd. It heavily reduces the loading screen times between each map, often actually being so fast that you don't even have a loading screen. Plus launching the game on a hard drive can take 2-5 minutes, whereas an ssd takes 40 seconds. If you launch the game everyday, 5 minutes is a lot.

as it was brought up again, from personal experience (not from reading smart test reports) I had a FPS improvement from something like 33-50% while goin from Core i5 3570k@4GHz (16GB DDR3) to a regular clocked Ryzen 7 2700x (16GB DDR4), both with a Radeon R9 290. Ofc this is no exact benchmark test as the MB of my Core i5 died unplanned...

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, unrealitytg said:

With cpu ryzen 7-3750h. Blade and soul can run ?

And 2020 Blade and soul will use ue4. So

Can ryzen7-3750h do ?

You can run Blade and Soul on a £10 Phenom CPU ^^ so Ryzen 7-3750h can run easily, how good it will run I can't say. How much you going to pay for the laptop with ryzen 7-3750h? or you already have it ?