Suggestion: High Ping damage buff?

LaraKelly

I seen a video of some game having some kidna ping reducer built in where it somehow queues the actions or something like, I that not sure how it works but seems to help to reduce the ping. I just can't remember what it was and what game that was. BnS doesn't actually have such a thing so I am suggesting this:

In BnS seem that if you ping goes high  generally you lose some damage since you can't hit as many times as a lower ping player can. And some may just have high ping anyway and can't do much about it, still enjoys playing this game, but disappointed with the dps. 

What I like to suggest maybe is have a little damage buff based on your ping. Thus  the higher your ping the higher damage buff you get. 
maybe even on certain skills of each class?

an example would be  a low ping player may get to hit 2 times and the high ping player may only do 1. So maybe a little damage buff to make that 1 hit somewhat equal to the 2 hits? Something like that?  Doesn't have to be exactly matching can be a little lower but the buff may be nice to have and maybe make it so high ping players can still do somewhat equal damage? also may help low ping player who suddenly experience sudden lag spikes.

Just my suggestion :)

No. 

Ping isn't a stable or save variable. It can change within milliseconds and it can be manipulated quite easily. Our crap servers would be overwhelmed and cause lag to everyone else. 

Don't know if serious or trolling but the idea gave me a good laugh. Balance the ap proportional to ping. You spike in1k ping and then what you spike in ap too? So broken. I would use software to lag intentionally to spike damage.

17 hours ago, Cryon said:

Don't know if serious or trolling but the idea gave me a good laugh. Balance the ap proportional to ping. You spike in1k ping and then what you spike in ap too? So broken. I would use software to lag intentionally to spike damage.

if you were to purposely increase your ping, your total damage may not really increase, you would get a  damage buff but you won' be capable to hit that many times.

and it just a suggestion of having an in game way to solve ping issues 

I have a feeling, people would abuse the buff...make the system think they have high ping when they really don't...

I think the  best solution would be to have a class that's not dependent on animation canceling and requires less hits to do dps (1 hit per 1 or 2 seconds maybe). This turtle class would still benefit from low ping but at least the difference wouldn't be too high.

I'm not sure how this would work against lag spikes that are random, because I get them a lot due to my low frame rate. But if this was implemented into the game, I think my DPS would rise from 22k/s to 26k/s, I doubt it be any good on the new 24-man, might as well die at the entrance and afk ._.

I don't think it would be good... i think they could allow like an skill usage memory of 1 or 2 hits. I remember in Lineage 2 for example, you were using a skill, if u clicked another skill during the usage of one skill, the second usage would happen right after the first one was finished...

Like:  i press lmb, now it's using, while using skill i press rmb. If i stop just there it should do them both, even if i pressed it while another skill was in use. 

Or another example... lmb, in use, while in use, rmb, while in use (rmb) i press f. U know what i mean? it should be allowed at least for PvE mode since for PvP that can be a lil advantageous for low pingers too. 

Like i myself only play PvE, barely do any PvP cuz of my ping... but in PvE it sucks when i'm at 230 ping doing 15, 16k/s then when i get 300 ping it goes to 11 or 12 tops. It sucks. If u had that memory of 1 (or 2, needs to be tested tho) skills, it would pretty much end a looot of issues due to ping. Cuz over 300 ping is just not a common thing, and even with 350 u can still see it properly but slowly, it would be nice.

Ehhhh......lol when i have terrible ping on somedays the thing that frustrates me isn't my damage lol thats never the case.........the problem is how slow paced the combat gets, how difficult it is to evade big threat hits, if anything dps ain't the problem because at the end of the day its enjoying the combat and having fun. When it comes to High ping there is more to it than lack of dps thats all i am saying.

The damage buff is not necessary. We're also talking about ping here. Skill queues work when you are connected to the server with a stable connection so it still doesn't guarantee they will be executed if you have high ping. This is similar to macro for instance. All tasks will not be completed successfully if your PC lagged in between so there's a tendency a task will be skipped/ignored and the script will continue assuming it worked.

Buy lots of servers worldwide and ask more players to convert to whales and the ping will improve. Of course this is very unlikely to happen that's why there are regional servers.

Seem there are many issues here...and lots of nice suggestions....

Tho i do hope there can be something in game to make it possible to still do somewhat  do well even at high ping  

I seen another game had something like this where at high ping it queued the inputs or something like that making the combat comparable to a low ping player, it was actually posted to this forum but I can't find that post. 

16 hours ago, NineArt said:

Ehhhh......lol when i have terrible ping on somedays the thing that frustrates me isn't my damage lol thats never the case.........the problem is how slow paced the combat gets, how difficult it is to evade big threat hits, if anything dps ain't the problem because at the end of the day its enjoying the combat and having fun. When it comes to High ping there is more to it than lack of dps thats all i am saying.

well, that was issue in tera with quite big lag, here i never have this issue (cause all iframes and block and imunity skills), only dps problem - seems ncsoft enjoys this anicancel and weaving and jumpcasting (aion lol)... on the contrary in tera higher ping never caused dps loss, except one warrior and one gunner skill - and even that was big public arousement

this game is designed as is (whether good - or bad - in too many cases) and noone will change anything, sadly

i myself found, that ping affects dps probably less than real bad fps - just a tip, and all we can do is 100000 tweaks - network and processing as well

i highly recommend this 

helped great deal

On 03/03/2017 at 3:33 AM, Luna Latte said:

Here's an example... basically, tho, they'd have to make it that any iframe has priority over it... and u just need to enable the choice of activating it or not.

yeah that's really great, it can actually make 500ms ping work better...

and actually someone posted this in this forum some time ago and i just could not find it... Thanks! now I don't have to search anymore  :)

Hopefully BnS could safely implement the high ping buff without any issues or implement this to fit BnS or something like this, ....it be really helpful since sometimes you just can't win with ping.

You either have good ping and enjoy the game or you have bad ping and deal with it. High ping dmg buff, lol. How about dmg buff for ppl with lags caused by low hw? Dmg buff for ppl who dont know how to anicancel properly? I demand dmg buff coz i'm distracted by my cat walking on the keyboard, keepo.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not like the "dmg buff" but i still support skill queue.

Here is an example of how ping affects A HUGE AMOUNT and why u need to give us the choice of using skill queue in PVE at least. I made sure we were hitting in the same time and doing the same combos exactly to test how it goes. The only difference is he was using ice build and i was using earth build, because if i use ice build my dmg goes to 11 or 12k/s due to my ping, which at it's best gets to 220, which was the case in there.

Screenshot_170315_000.jpg

Screenshot_170315_001.jpg

and the worst part is not that "oh deal with it" it's ok for me to fight like this. What sucks is that when that guy gets the same critical rate/dmg or even skills he will do A LOT MORE DAMAGE than i do, just because he lives closes to the server. That is what sucks. 

Oh PS.  I own Primal Force Soul Badge right? 400g to buy that... he doesnt even have a Soul Badge, maybe not even the hm right punch --'

yes it sucks, better gear but high ping just ruins it. I personally am depressed by that too.

And i think if something that helps high ping still dps somewhat equally can be placed in game [like that skill que], it would be great! way better and perhaps cheaper than everyone wanting their own local server. Which also would split up the community more since people would be rushing to their own local server. With this  everyone could stay together and still enjoy somewhat equal dps. So we don't lose population too.

Ping problem is not really their entire fault, yes their servers are not that greatly optimized for the best performance feedback to the players but normally high ping comes due to your own slow/poor/bad network OR the distance between your location and the location where their servers are. For example, for NA someone who lives in Dallas Texas will most likely have a WAY better ping than someone who lives in Germany. 

I don't even know if something like you suggested can be done but even if it could, I highly doubt they would consider it. :(

23 hours ago, Luna Latte said:

reupped the pics in case you have not seen them.

yes I saw that I assumed you had better gear since you have way higher crit and crit damage but lost out due to ping.

And I believe it would even worse if the boss stay alive longer.

22 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

Ping problem is not really their entire fault, yes their servers are not that greatly optimized for the best performance feedback to the players but normally high ping comes due to your own slow/poor/bad network OR the distance between your location and the location where their servers are. For example, for NA someone who lives in Dallas Texas will most likely have a WAY better ping than someone who lives in Germany. 

I don't even know if something like you suggested can be done but even if it could, I highly doubt they would consider it. :(

There may always be hope, it may also be a better benefit than needing so many local server around the world....but then again that "Skill Queue" that Luna showed is already implemented in a certain game.  as I shall quote again here -->

On 03/03/2017 at 3:33 AM, Luna Latte said:

Here's an example... basically, tho, they'd have to make it that any iframe has priority over it... and u just need to enable the choice of activating it or not.

Archived