You really should be more specific when introducing "events".

Mortal Kombat

4 hours ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Just part of the ridiculous "AP is everything" culture NC helped nurture in the west.

Of course, if all of you knights are willing to hand hold 420 AP newbies through these heroic dungeons, then by all means. Put your money where your mouths are, as they say. ;)

You say as if "600 AP EXP" is entirely NCWest's fault for allowing a policy that the community themselves created. How did NCWest nurture that? What are NCWest supposed to do?

You say as if this event, as well as the massive equipment reductions on Baleful/Seraph and the implementation of Ivorymoon and Pinnacle means NCWest did nothing to help newbies.

How are people even still at 420 ap? I mean they can get to 450-500 without any effort if they just finish the story quests

Which is enough to finish everything on the daily challenge 

The new players will easily get to 600ap with this event and they wouldnt even notice how easy they have it

i have been playing since launch i have seen the struggle and been threw having rerolled many times. us as the people yea we controll the dungeon requirments despite there being a gear recommendations tab. now i can admit i would rather run with higher ap incase mistakes are made then the dps can cover that mistake at times but this doesnt always work. so on top of high AP people are now attachings things to it like link achievements  or Exp players only. <--- doing this makes its hard to find a competent party to do even cold storage lol. but thats besides the point. No one is willing to teach if dont know already and no has time to teach or explain so you gotta youtube it and hope that the guy with e forwign accent can be understood well enough for you to understand. im what 636 ap with baleful stage 1 and other pre end game goodies w/e i dare not even look at naryu foundry i still have no idea how to deal with DT last boss always die from electric charge attack so i only do EC cause out of 3 Ec is the easiest and the most forgiving. i cant ask for teaching cause then my name will be dragged threw the dirt seen done so many times in Cross its sad. but to help each other out is so much to ask amoung ourselfs is too much.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

You say as if "600 AP EXP" is entirely NCWest's fault for allowing a policy that the community themselves created. How did NCWest nurture that? What are NCWest supposed to do?

You say as if this event, as well as the massive equipment reductions on Baleful/Seraph and the implementation of Ivorymoon and Pinnacle means NCWest did nothing to help newbies.

Queue wk #3. Just missing two more of the usual suspects and the thread will be complete.

Then next time you criticize NC for anything will be the first bud. But keep that shield up!

53 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

How are people even still at 420 ap? I mean they can get to 450-500 without any effort if they just finish the story quests

Which is enough to finish everything on the daily challenge 

The new players will easily get to 600ap with this event and they wouldnt even notice how easy they have it

Finishing the story, at best nets you 419 AP.

Assuming of course you have a crafted AP gem at minimum. If not, low 400's.

Try again.

30 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Queue wk #3. Just missing two more of the usual suspects and the thread will be complete.

Then next time you criticize NC for anything will be the first bud. But keep that shield up!

Ironic how you're merely deflecting blame to an unrelated party, yet you yourself are "white knighting" the real criminals, along with outright avoiding my questions.

Holy fk, I just recently got my BD to Lv50 few days ago and all I bloody did was utilizing golds given by the story quests itself and purchased a 28AP gem, and get myself to F8 (LFP mode on Avalanche Den, Awakened Necropolis, Lair of Frozen Fang, Gloomdross Incursion, Shattered Mast and Cold Storage, the accessories (Lucent/ Pinnacle) dropped from those 6 man dungeons itself destined to significantly boost your AP. Like heck, sometimes you get your desired accessories through your personal loot without the mean of engaging a bidding war.

On top of that, I don't see how you will stay low 400 for a day. And your HM level at that time is so low that it will keep increasing in a short time and so do your AP.

And I can't join Sogun and Nexus because system locked it due to my weapon requirement. All these LFP mode players are either newbies or alts, how can they be toxic just to you when they are on the exact same boat as you do? All they put on the chat is that they don't know how to beat the boss, they don't even aware of the 'AP' culture we have on the high tier. The only main concern here is those newbies don't have a good understanding towards the mechanism.

13 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Ironic how you're merely deflecting blame to an unrelated party, yet you yourself are "white knighting" the real criminals, along with outright avoiding my questions.

I don't think irony means what you think it means.

As far as why I partly blame NCSoft, its well documented on these forums, 9and various other sites), that the speed of updates to this region have forced players hands. Culminating in pushing players to demand higher AP in order to compensate for lack of knowledge, skill, or time. While the ultimate blame lies on players shoulders, NC has done nothing to dissuade players from enforcing what they deem as necessary measures in order to keep up. Which is why earlier in this thread I used the word "nurtured". Though, 'enabled' might have also worked.

Anyways this discussion isn't about that, its about the current "event" lacking details. Try and stay on topic please.

title of event : 

Forging Ahead – Weapon Upgrade Event

as experienced player, we know where to go, what to do and how to do things.

And I'm sure there are people who can avoid LFG by just tagging along when their clan members are doing DC.

for most part, ppl making alts doesn't even need an event to get mats/gold for upgrades.

This event is and should be for those who are fairly new to the game.

In my view, none of us who posted under this thread has right to say what new 50s can/can't do, what ap they should have.

TL;DR 

This thread should just be a reminder to be at least reasonable when you come across a fresh 50 with low ap in LFG who just want to get their DC done.

I'm glad I started doing sogun, shattered,nexus and gloomdross yesterday. I can now more comfortably do DC everyday.

I think they should have reduce the 4 requirements to 3 for the duration of the event if this is really aimed at helping new players. 

Archived