You really should be more specific when introducing "events".

Mortal Kombat

"The Forging Ahead event begins March 1! Max level players can complete Daily Challenges and gain additional rewards focused on helping with weapon upgrades. Just complete the Daily Challenge during the event (March 1–April 12), and in addition to the standard rewards, you’ll receive a new Weapon Upgrade Chest—or receive two Weapon Upgrade Chests on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday—full of weapon upgrade materials."

Okay, here's the thing...can freshly minted level 50 players complete daily challenges?

I mean sure, the occasional Blackram Narrows, or Tomb of the Exiles. Or Silverfrost blue dungeon...but what of the rest?

Awakened Necropolis?

Lair of the White Worm?

Avalanche Den?

Sundered Nexus?

Soguns Lament?

Heavens Mandats?

Cold Storage?

Gloomdross Incursion?

Shattered Masts?

Ebondrake Citadel?

Desolate Tomb?

Heck...Naryu Labyrinth? (Try getting a group for that pre 500 AP nowadays...)

So once again, you create a so called, "event", for "Max Level Players", wherein one can acquire very necessary upgrading materials, however in order to have a chance to attain said materials, one must already be relatively geared. "Max Level Players" indeed.

Here, allow me to show you how:

"The Forging Ahead event begins March 1! Max level players. ---> that meet certain gear requirements <--- can complete Daily Challenges and gain additional rewards focused on helping with weapon upgrades.

See, was that so hard?

You're welcome NC!

Majority of those dungeons can be cleared by chars that finished the story. Only dungeons that you can't do because of lack of dps are citadel and tomb. The cause for failing other dungeons is people not knowing how to play their class and failing mechanics.

2 minutes ago, Cor said:

Majority of those dungeons can be cleared by chars that finished the story. Only dungeons that you can't do because of lack of dps are citadel and tomb. The cause for failing other dungeons is people not knowing how to play their class and failing mechanics.

yes, most of the instance can be cleared with full group of 400 ~ 450 ish AP as long as everyone knows the mech... but knowing how ppl are in F8, fresh 50s will get ton of crap taken on them by higher lvl ppl before they can find a group that doesn't care about lvl or the AP.

5 minutes ago, newbiez said:

when u mention naryu labyrinth...im starting to realize that they already remove it from dc list or something since its been a while i dont see naryu labyrinth on list...

Fairly certain I saw it there last week. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its still there.

9 minutes ago, hwalien said:

yes, most of the instance can be cleared with full group of 400 ~ 450 ish AP as long as everyone knows the mech... but knowing how ppl are in F8, fresh 50s will get ton of crap taken on them by higher lvl ppl before they can find a group that doesn't care about lvl or the AP.

^ This.

While it may be technically true that (some) of those dungeons could theoretically be cleared at 450 AP, ( 400 is asking alot), the reality is groups will give you hell for joining pre 500. Just part of the ridiculous "AP is everything" culture NC helped nurture in the west.

Most players wont find it at all fun, or worth it to take that kind of abuse. 

Toxic community is toxic after all, and it gets worse every week.

Hence, not very realistic to expect fresh 50's sitting at or below 450 AP to compete in or for Max level Heroic dungeons.

It depends on if they are planning to change the entire daily challenge schedule because for fresh 50's its a little more complicated? As some days the dungeons are lament/EDC/DT which fresh 50s may not be able to do so they would have to do pvp or tower of infinity? but it should still be doable. The double rewards on weekends ties in nicely with msp though as you dont need high ap for stages 1~3 so that's a plus? But honestly it's hard to really tell as there's so much speculation with the list, and the fact that they didn't really say the complete rewards you can get but people are getting bent overshape about ornaments and such not being on the list and the speculation of trove which would make no sense to have during this event. So we're gonna have to wait and see for pretty much everything lol :/

They should put ornaments into the box since it is a main components to upgrade the weapons. I don't see why they put all other mats in the boxes, but not ornaments.

The daily challenge quests are fine as they are. Fresh 50s can't do asura? 6m asura can be easily done with a full party of 500-550 AP players who know mechanics. Even if you don't know mechanics, you can kindly ask other people in the team for what to do and what not to do. I am pretty sure someone will explain them to you nicely if you ask politely. Also, there is a reason why EC and DT are not in the same day of daily challenge. Also, remember there is a word "challenge". The quests are suppose to be challenging (although for old players, they are not.)

You have the options to do 4 out of 6 quests. How hard can it be? When I started this game, daily challenge quests didn't even have options to pick. We had to finish all 4 out of 4 quests per day or we got nothing. Now, they make it more easy for new players and new players want even more. Just like other people said "When they give you a free ride, you want them to give you a free car."

12 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

The daily challenge quests are fine as they are. Fresh 50s can't do asura? 6m asura can be easily done with a full party of 500-550 AP players who know mechanics. Even if you don't know mechanics, you can kindly ask other people in the team for what to do and what not to do. I am pretty sure someone will explain them to you nicely if you ask politely. Also, there is a reason why EC and DT are not in the same day of daily challenge. Also, remember there is a word "challenge". The quests are suppose to be challenging (although for old players, they are not.)

You have the options to do 4 out of 6 quests. How hard can it be? When I started this game, daily challenge quests didn't even have options to pick. We had to finish all 4 out of 4 quests per day or we got nothing. Now, they make it more easy for new players and new players want even more. Just like other people said "When they give you a free ride, you want them to give you a free car."

I get the feeling you play a different game than I. What was this? "Kindly ask..." he says. "Hi, I'm HM 1 425 AP , carry me through Gloomdross please???" 

Yeah, F8 is known for its compassion and niceness. Yup.

News flash, fresh 50's wont come close to having 550 AP. Again, do you even BnS?

Oh and..."made easier", how? By giving new players much lower AP weapons to level with? Making boring grindy game more boring and grindy?  Seriously?

When "you started" 800AP wasnt a thing. Can you even begin to grasp how AP expectations for new players have risen over the passed 6 months? Asura...ASURA....?

One dungeon.

Now see every dungeon I listed, explain to me in detail how a fresh 50 with 425 AP will complete for those, let alone be ALLOWED TO EVEN PARTICIPATE.

With one hand you belittle new players by saying they ask for too much, with the other you expect them to grovel like peasants until someone carries them through dungeons that they shouldn't be in, thanks to ridiculous gear expectations.

Nice.

24 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

They should put ornaments into the box since it is a main components to upgrade the weapons. I don't see why they put all other mats in the boxes, but not ornaments.

Because if you haven't noticed by the events thus far along with equipment streamlining, those that need ornaments aren't the target audience. That is what trove is for. HOWEVER if you look at the page closer, it says "Here's a sample of some of the items the Weapon Upgrade Chests can contain". So while I doubt they will have them, who knows what else could be in it.

Also that Asura comment was addressed above. Different dungeon but same point applies. Also lets not get into word play, they are dailies, nothing more. Challenge is a word choice.

13 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

I get the feeling you play a different game than I. What was this? "Kindly ask..." he says. "Hi, I'm HM 1 425 AP , carry me through Gloomdross please???" 

Yeah, F8 is known for its compassion and niceness. Yup.

News flash, fresh 50's wont come close to having 550 AP. Again, do you even BnS?

Oh and..."made easier", how? By giving new players much lower AP weapons to level with? Making boring grindy game more boring and grindy?  Seriously?

When "you started" 800AP wasnt a thing. Can you even begin to grasp how AP expectations for new players have risen over the passed 6 months? Asura...ASURA....?

One dungeon.

Now see every dungeon I listed, explain to me in detail how a fresh 50 with 425 AP will complete for those, let alone be ALLOWED TO EVEN PARTICIPATE.

With one hand you belittle new players by saying they ask for too much, with the other you expect them to grovel like peasants until someone carries them through dungeons that they shouldn't be in, thanks to ridiculous gear expectations.

Nice.

425 AP.....did they remove all the golds in the story quest line? By the end of the story quest line, you should have enough golds to upgrade your weapon to at least 450+ AP. For the accessory, just run 6m low level purple dungeon like yeti, lair, etc and use the purple accessories from there. 450+ can't do lair, yeti, HM, CS, or necro 6m party? That'll be scary if they can't do it. After farming for a week or so, one should save up enough golds to go 500+ AP and start to do gloom and nexus.

Also, now they give you all the mats and weapons in the story quest line that you don't even need spend time to farm the breakthrough weapons and mats in lower level dungeons (maybe only for soul shields?). You can go straight to silverfrost map and start to do the blue quests in the map?

For 450+ AP players, they should use lfp button in F8 to find party. Once they get to above 600+ AP, they will have easier life in F8. When i was 400-500 AP, i often use lfp to find party because i could never reach other player's criteria from their recruitment criteria. Sometimes, if I am lucky, there will be 600+ AP players to carry me through (easier life for me). Sometimes if unlucky, there will be full 400-500 players and the dungeons run usually take longer. Well...what's the problem with it?

When I started this game, top AP is around 700-720. However, remember that the old weapon and accessories upgrade path was longer and much more expensive than what it is now. In general, it took longer time to upgrade even once before (unless you are p2w players). When I was around 450 AP, I only did HM, CS, and sometimes lair/yeti (yeti wasn't nerfed yet) and that's it. So, in the end, some days I couldn't even finish all the daily challenge quests unless a clan-mate carry me through nexus, gloom or asura. For the first couple events, I couldn't participate too. But, what's wrong with it? Just do what you can do. If you can't get the daily challenge reward, so be it. If you can't enjoy the current event, so be it and keep upgrading and for the next event, you will be able to participate. Isn't this what all new players have to go through? They can't expect to play for a week or two and be able to catch up with the old players right?

2 hours ago, Mortal Kombat said:

"The Forging Ahead event begins March 1! Max level players. ---> that meet certain gear requirements <--- can complete Daily Challenges and gain additional rewards focused on helping with weapon upgrades.

See, was that so hard?

You're welcome NC!

Seems like you go off of what you see in F8 recruitment messages. Makes yourself seem like a new player honestly.

Anyways, every dungeon minus Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel and Naryu Foundry can be done with 500 AP which is basically thrown at you now by the time you complete the Storyline quests. This event itself will bring more people to actually do Daily Challenge in F8 so if said player actually wants a 500+ party then they can simply make one themselves and should easily get people to enter.

38 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Seems like you go off of what you see in F8 recruitment messages. Makes yourself seem like a new player honestly.

Anyways, every dungeon minus Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel and Naryu Foundry can be done with 500 AP which is basically thrown at you now by the time you complete the Storyline quests. This event itself will bring more people to actually do Daily Challenge in F8 so if said player actually wants a 500+ party then they can simply make one themselves and should easily get people to enter.

Yeah well, where theres one WK...

Anyways, your statement about 500 AP ignores the very fact that fresh, (we all do understand what it means to refer to a player as "fresh" right?) Level 50 WILL NOT be close to 500 upon reaching cap. In fact, it requires entry into the very dungeons many will find themselves on the outside of looking in to actually get to 500 AP. Ironic isnt it?

Getting to 500 AP for a brand new to the game, recently leveled to 50 HM 1, (With no access to established alternate characters or mains for monetary or other forms of support), aka: "fresh level 50", isnt nearly as simple as some of you wk's make it out to be.

Of course, if all of you knights are willing to hand hold 420 AP newbies through these heroic dungeons, then by all means. Put your money where your mouths are, as they say. ;)

9 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Anyways, your statement about 500 AP ignores the very fact that fresh, (we all do understand what it means to refer to a player as "fresh" right?) Level 50 WILL NOT be close to 500 upon reaching cap. In fact, it requires entry into the very dungeons many will find themselves on the outside of looking in to actually get to 500 AP. Ironic isnt it?

Getting to 500 AP for a brand new to the game, recently leveled to 50 HM 1, (With no access to established alternate characters or mains for monetary or other forms of support), aka: "fresh level 50", isnt nearly as simple as some of you wk's make it out to be.

Of course, if all of you knights are willing to hand hold 420 AP newbies through these heroic dungeons, then by all means. Put your money where your mouths are, as they say. ;)

Not even sure what WK stands for but going to guess it's another brand routine complainers of the forums give to anyone that dares disagree with their discussion.

Getting 500 AP as a fresh level 50 player or even an alt that's not funded by a main character is still fairly easy and takes less time than it did before the recent cost reduction. The storyline quests gives you more than enough gold for the said upgrades needed to get there. Granted they have to do Yeti to get the weapon to upgrade but even that can be done with their 420~430 AP.

Also you're making it sound like the fresh level 50s will stay at their said AP for the duration of the event. They literally have a month to be able to advance in their gear to do the Daily Challenge. And as I said, F8 will become more active during this event so it'll be easier for them to find parties to do the dungeons needed as long as they are willing to learn them.

23 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Not even sure what WK stands for but going to guess it's another brand routine complainers of the forums give to anyone that dares disagree with their discussion.

Getting 500 AP as a fresh level 50 player or even an alt that's not funded by a main character is still fairly easy and takes less time than it did before the recent cost reduction. The storyline quests gives you more than enough gold for the said upgrades needed to get there. Granted they have to do Yeti to get the weapon to upgrade but even that can be done with their 420~430 AP.

Also you're making it sound like the fresh level 50s will stay at their said AP for the duration of the event. They literally have a month to be able to advance in their gear to do the Daily Challenge. And as I said, F8 will become more active during this event so it'll be easier for them to find parties to do the dungeons needed as long as they are willing to learn them.

WK = white knight, which means the people who defend NC no matter what the reasons are behind the issues.

47 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

The only way that a fresh new player who completed story line and can't get to 450 AP is that they wasted their golds on some useless stuff like costumes. Instead of spending a month to farm the weapons for breakthrough and mats in the old weapon upgrade path, they can just spend a week or two (or even less) to farm up the golds and go straight to upgrade in the current new weapon upgrade path.

Back to the topic, if new players can't finish the daily challenge quests, so be it. Just do what they can do and get ready for next event. You can't just ask to remove the end game dungeons (and you can skip them actually, but still can get the reward) from daily challenge quests just for some new players who played this game less than a month. 

17 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

"Complainers". Cute term used primarily by "WK's" to describe anyone that dares find fault in a faulty product.

But I digress...

Fine, lets pretend like you do that a 425 AP can just happily queue up for Yeti and catch zero grief from the 550+ AP "pro's" that normally queue for it during dailies. Well...then I guess everything is great! I mean, sure, 425 AP, but they know the mechanics, right?!

Unfortunately...its not that simple, is it? I mean sure, they can just ignore the group members calling them noobs and other assorted colorful terms simply cause they dont meet or exceed expectations arbitrarily and absurdely set by the shut ins that inhabit and rule this game, and concentrate on mechanics. Right?

Its an "event" after all. Its supposed to be fun for all, amirite?

A riddle:

How does one get passed 425 AP, if you cannot get into the very dungeons required to surpass 425 AP, because your AP isnt high enough to get into and complete said dungeons, that you need to get into cause your AP isnt high enough, in order to get passed 425 AP?

Quite the conundrum, no?

Perhaps this event is to compensate higher geared players since the recent update with making the weapon upgrade path to ivorymoon stage 10  easier and pinnacle accessories didnt really benefit them.

Or perhaps this event is meant to help ivorymoon stage 10 players get the materials for legendary (would make sense with all the recent complaints).

It seems that this event may be targeted towards a certain group of players. Although its hard to say at this point.

Itwould be sad if everyone isnt able to participate. I atleast hope there is more to the event for lower geared players.

36 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

-snip-

Oh, I see now. Don't get why I didn't catch this earlier but you're going off of other people's few bad experiences, huh? Obviously you are since you're assuming every new player that does a dungeon will catch grief for their low AP.

I mean if you actually made and leveled alt character(s) and got them to Lv50 and did the basic dungeons(Yeti, Lair, Cold Storage, Mandate) through pressing the LFP button, you'd see that either:

A: No one speaks/cares and just clears the dungeon.

B(which is rare): Someone complains.

Oh but how could I ever know? Well I did level 5 alt characters up to 50 before this cost reduction patch even came and guess what I did with my 400~420 AP characters?

Went into F8, pressed LFP for Lair and Yeti, ran with whatever group I got, cleared it and went on with my day.

Now I'm not saying new players won't run into toxic people but for you to sound as if they are going to run into them EVERY run they try to do? That's a bit asinine. All I'm saying is, this event will be fine for new players whether they have 450 AP, 420, or 500. But since I'm going against your opinion then I must be a white knight by default. Silly me.

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

WK = white knight, which means the people who defend NC no matter what the reasons are behind the issues.

Ah, make sense. Should've known it was that old, drag of a tag. Guess this is what I get for not being in the same negative mood as other people on the forums.

13 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Oh, I see now. Don't get why I didn't catch this earlier but you're going off of other people's few bad experiences, huh? Obviously you are since you're assuming every new player that does a dungeon will catch grief for their low AP.

I mean if you actually made and leveled alt character(s) and got them to Lv50 and did the basic dungeons(Yeti, Lair, Cold Storage, Mandate) through pressing the LFP button, you'd see that either:

B(which is rare): Someone complains.

Oh but how could I ever know? Well I did level 5 alt characters up to 50 before this cost reduction patch even came and guess what I did with my 400~420 AP characters?

Went into F8, pressed LFP for Lair and Yeti, ran with whatever group I got, cleared it and went on with my day.

Now I'm not saying new players won't run into toxic people but for you to sound as if they are going to run into them EVERY run they try to do? That's a bit asinine. All I'm saying is, this event will be fine for new players whether they have 450 AP, 420, or 500. But since I'm going against your opinion then I must be a white knight by default. Silly me.

Ah, make sense. Should've known it was that old, drag of a tag. Guess this is what I get for not being in the same negative mood as other people on the forums.

Nice try, except the 5, 50 HM 9+  500+ AP toons on my account dispute your claims. Its through personal experience both involving myself and the treatment I've seen others undergo. BTW, you're edging dangerously close to getting personal. Thread lightly.

Anyways enough, I've seen how you operate, and going around in hypothetical circles until personal insults start flying, threads are closed, and bans are handed out doesnt seem like a worthwhile endeavour. At least, not today. I've said all that needs be said. 

As stated, if its that all easy then volunteer to hand hold fresh newbies through heroic dungeons. Then be sure to post the "how to carry" video on you tube.

Not sure how any of what I said is considered "getting personal" but alright. Guess I throw personal insults in forms of me not even knowing.

I'll continue to stand with my statement that this event is fine for new players since it's pretty much directed to them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Not sure how any of what I said is considered "getting personal" but alright. Guess I throw personal insults in forms of me not even knowing.

I'll continue to stand with my statement that this event is fine for new players since it's pretty much directed to them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First...

"Seems like you go off of what you see in F8 recruitment messages. Makes yourself seem like a new player honestly."

Then...

"Oh, I see now. Don't get why I didn't catch this earlier but you're going off of other people's few bad experiences, huh? Obviously you are since you're assuming every new player that does a dungeon will catch grief for their low AP.

B(which is rare): Someone complains."

For the forum pvp uninitiated, he's basically been cleverly calling me a noob/newb for the last oh couple of hours. Anyways, by all means, keep poking.

Stand by whatever you wish sunshine, still doesn't prove your claim that getting to 500 AP for a brand new "fresh" 50 is as simple and elementary as you make it out to be.

I mean if you find those comments as "getting personal" then that's all on you. And I guess my statement will be proven as the event progresses.

Still going to be a nice event for new players either way.

Archived