Equalized 6v6

xxaaron5515xx

24 minutes ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

This thread will be bombed with lots of critics...

... im a good clairvoyant ;o)

I mean i understand equalized 6v6 might be alot of work, but adding the chests to the arena vendor seems completely within reason to me. especially now that bots are a thing of the past. Also people feel the need to keep their elo for the most part because of  season rewards. Matches seem slightly more fair than they used to.

It would be nice so that newer players have a chance to participate in 6v6 (most fun pvp event imo if it wasnt for the match making fails), but you need whales a reason to whale. 
I would love to see those chests in arena vendor, but that is only going to bring back the bots, even if you do need those keys, you are going to see bots in arena and bots in your lfp groups.
It sucks, moonstones are not easy to farm when you dont have good gear, and you need the moonstones to keep advancing.

you guys are getting one shot by true souls probably. I honestly think the soul buff should just be negated in 6v6 and that would do a ton for balance since the buff is just too op. Never gonna happen tho. Pets are another place where it's unfair, but eh i've killed people with tons more hp than me. Skill has a ton to do with it an 6v6 plays very differently from arena since the fights are normally more drawn out.

17 hours ago, Unicorns said:

It would be nice so that newer players have a chance to participate in 6v6 (most fun pvp event imo if it wasnt for the match making fails), but you need whales a reason to whale. 
I would love to see those chests in arena vendor, but that is only going to bring back the bots, even if you do need those keys, you are going to see bots in arena and bots in your lfp groups.
It sucks, moonstones are not easy to farm when you dont have good gear, and you need the moonstones to keep advancing.

There is an option for practicing only in 6v6 battleground quene tab. There is no gear equalization there, but you also don't gain/lose battleground points or elo rank when you win or lose. It is pure for practicing. So, when you said that newer players have a chance to participate in 6v6, they should practice in there first.

8 hours ago, FrozenB said:

There is an option for practicing only in 6v6 battleground quene tab. There is no gear equalization there, but you also don't gain/lose battleground points or elo rank when you win or lose. It is pure for practicing. So, when you said that newer players have a chance to participate in 6v6, they should practice in there first.

practice rounds are not going to buy your boxes lol. Tbh as of the past month I dont even care about 6v6 elo anymore. its just you need the bp to use those keys / 6v6 has a really good weekly for xp and it feels awful joining to be a total carry and get 1 shot when you arent even remotely undergeared forcing your team to lose, grief you, afk. Which in turn nets you and your team such minimal bp gains even during frenzy. Some days i swear it takes the whole duration of frenzy to buy a single box. 4 hours of getting my faced bashed in, people yelling at me for dying too fast, afking at the spwn when everyone gives up. Its pretty stressful.

they should add an other mode (similar) with maybe less rewards but equalize it so everyone can enjoy it because new players will never be able to catch up and participate at 6v6. Maybe call it "faction war" so "Crimson vs cerulean add some special faction dress ( cause there is noone added since soo long ).

i have the oppotunity to play on a whale account and it not even funny, i one shot plebs and other whales are unkilleable, and if you face an ugly whale cat you better ignore it.

Well instead of putting a new one, it was going to be great if clan 6v6  was equalized and not another p2w shit -> just to see who is paying NCSOFT the most.
We already have Beluga/Valley let the whales have fun there, but the clan  6v6 should be for the skills and the strategies of the clan, not for the skills of swiping credit cards.  Whats the point of playing the game just for pve- who likes it then fine? Because that's how it is in 6v6  it's another PVE the only diffrence it's that is between players. 

16 hours ago, xxaaron5515xx said:

practice rounds are not going to buy your boxes lol. Tbh as of the past month I dont even care about 6v6 elo anymore. its just you need the bp to use those keys / 6v6 has a really good weekly for xp and it feels awful joining to be a total carry and get 1 shot when you arent even remotely undergeared forcing your team to lose, grief you, afk. Which in turn nets you and your team such minimal bp gains even during frenzy. Some days i swear it takes the whole duration of frenzy to buy a single box. 4 hours of getting my faced bashed in, people yelling at me for dying too fast, afking at the spwn when everyone gives up. Its pretty stressful.

Usually people afk in 6v6 battleground because they saw some undergear people in the team (like 400-450AP without any critical def). I understand their feeling because no matter how hard or how many they kill, it can't overcome the number of deaths that undergear player gave. There was once in a match i have 11-15 kills, but in the end, that undergear player just kept feeding (die in a second in a group fight) and fed like 20+ times. The most ridiculous thing was that when the score was 1740 vs 1760, that player jumped in and died within 2 seconds and boom...there goes the hard-work from rest of the team.

Making another 6v6 battleground system like equalize gear one is good, but the reward of battleground points should be much lower. Let's say if you win, you get 50-100 bp. If you lose, you get 0-25 bp. During frenzy time, they will be double. This way, low gear people can gain some bp and experience in battleground while it doesn't affect much on players with much higher level gears. 

By the way, I don't see any reasons why people have to join 6v6 battleground without any critical def or pvp soul shield because you can trade the zean bean (250) for a galaxy fragment in F9 arena. So, people shouldn't blame that they can't farm pvp SS in 6v6 battleground.

Also, in silver rank 6v6 battleground, I don't see much whales in there unless it is the beginning of the season. Occasionally, there will be 1 or 2 over-gear players in the game in silver rank match, but it depends on the team-work more (especially in beluga). 1 single overpower player can't win a match by himself or herself. He/she also needs reliable teammates to win.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:37 PM, xxaaron5515xx said:

please add equalized 6v6 or sparkling battleground chests in arena vendor. 

Honestly, we just need a new 6v6 event.

Back in September or so, there was a 6v6 event which gave a crap ton of goodies for doing the 6v6 dailies and so everyone did 6v6 (even in the dead hours) and thus resulting in more fair matches.

Also, IMO they need to remove the restriction from the legendary SS for pieces 1-5 so that new players or alts can have a decent pvp SS (chall/sparring are hard to farm due to 2 tickets per day and RNG).

• 4 months later...

TOTALLY THIS. YES.

How do newer player even get to start participating in 6v6 and gearing up their pvp gear? Even in the lowest tiers of silver you constantly run into totally upgraded guys who can one shot you through 15k hp and 3k crit def. So what can a new player expect to do to participate in 6v6? 

Something has to be done here. Be either an equalized version (maybe for specific hours so it doesn't take people away from regular 6v6), or make it way more easier to get a starting set of pvp gear (elder legendary set, galaxy weapon, etc.). 

Chests for Zen-Beans, okay.

Equalized 6v6, nope. Even if it would be nice (I get wiped from max-geared players too), it will never happen. Why? We have PvP Bagua, PvP Weapons, PvP Gems (in future) and even when ignoring all these, there would be no real reason to gear up for PvE unless you want a to look shiny. 1v1 and 3v3 are already equalized and open world PvP is de facto non-existing. So when making 6v6 equalized, some people would lose their general reason to gear up, and adding to that, every piece of PvP gear in the game would become trash.

You can happily live without 6v6, and you can also easily do your 6v6 daily / weekly without being high geared. Why? Because enemies have lower geared people aswell, and you sometimes get max-geared people too. I'm currently doing 6v6 weekly with all my twinks (causing some whales to flame ;) ) and I still have roughly a 50/50 win/lose ratio.

• The only situation in which I could see an equalized 6v6 is if it was, like I said, in specific hours. Like a special thing. Let's say you have 2 hours daily, or every other day, where battleground is equalized. That's where fresh people can participate to start gearing up for regular 6v6, that runs all the time, except those 2 hours (or maybe 1 day per week, or something like that, just a specific time for it).
  • And yes, you can still go with your noob character to 6v6 and have about 50% win ration, because if you get fat super geared guys you win, if they get them they win. But your contribution to those matches is totally and completely ZERO. It feels horrible to be in a match and be unable to contribute in any way whatsoever. Even if you may win getting carried.

Archived