Level 26 and already bored stiff.

Slashdot

4 hours ago, BabyWing said:

How did this discussion even get here? All of a sudden it went from OP being bored at early levels because of no people to "people want everything quick and easy and don't want to grind". I think someone is having a comprehension issue or didn't read the OP.

Because there is always that one person who either didn't read or just see's all of two things then goes on a rant. Unsurprisingly it is the same person I always mostly see go on little mini rants when a topic doesn't agree with their outlook.

Can't say who since apparently that would be naming and shaming despite it being an open forum in which they are speaking on. Thanks BnS team!

6 hours ago, KzE said:

Its not really east and west. Its like a good/bad thing. Look at FF14. Eastern game, but you can advance ever with 30-60min gaming/day. Even Tera is better in gear terms, you get a free starter gear from quest when new content come and the better gear (not the best) you can get in 1 month with 1-2 hours of gaming. In BnS what you can get with 1-2 hours of playtime/day in a month? Maybe a headache...

Yeah you're right, its not really an east or west thing per se. Not fair to blanket cover all east MMORPG's. Tends to be more specifically Korean and Chinese MMO's though. I wanted to be more precise and go into depth but it was late and I got lazy heh.

3 hours ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Yeah you're right, its not really an east or west thing per se. Not fair to blanket cover all east MMORPG's. Tends to be more specifically Korean and Chinese MMO's though. I wanted to be more precise and go into depth but it was late and I got lazy heh.

What's sad is when you have games like SWTOR that actually choose to move to a model that becomes grind-reliant and throws in RNG. Even Guild Wars 2 has thrown grind into its expansion, on top of having to pay a box cost to get into it. There's nothing wrong with having rewards that it takes grind to reach, but gearing for the most difficult content in the game shouldn't become a job. The grind here has certainly hurt things in more ways than one.

It is funny that they finally did lower the upgrade costs, but they make the starter weapons so horrid that leveling becomes more tedious than ever. Clans mostly recruit geared players, so lowbies feel left out and the starter areas are abandoned. On top of that, NCWest takes one step forward then continues throwing RNG into every 'event' and taking the fun out of them. I'm sure they're making money, though. People sink all this time and cash in and then won't allow themselves to walk away.

After the silliness with this chocolate hearts and just feeling bored with the story I've stopped logging in again. There's too much work involved in just staying at a mediocre level in this game.

4 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

What's sad is when you have games like SWTOR that actually choose to move to a model that becomes grind-reliant and throws in RNG. Even Guild Wars 2 has thrown grind into its expansion, on top of having to pay a box cost to get into it. There's nothing wrong with having rewards that it takes grind to reach, but gearing for the most difficult content in the game shouldn't become a job. The grind here has certainly hurt things in more ways than one.

It is funny that they finally did lower the upgrade costs, but they make the starter weapons so horrid that leveling becomes more tedious than ever. Clans mostly recruit geared players, so lowbies feel left out and the starter areas are abandoned. On top of that, NCWest takes one step forward then continues throwing RNG into every 'event' and taking the fun out of them. I'm sure they're making money, though. People sink all this time and cash in and then won't allow themselves to walk away.

After the silliness with this chocolate hearts and just feeling bored with the story I've stopped logging in again. There's too much work involved in just staying at a mediocre level in this game.

Ive heard how SWTOR had gone the rng grind route, much to the displeasure of many of its remaining fans. I played that game from day one, but eventually, and after leveling every story through to its end, I simply saw no further reason to stay. Glad I left when I did.

No matter what we and other die hard mmo players may think, this scheme sells. It makes game developers bank. Unfortunately west mmos are starting to pick up on that. Ive heard this throughout the net lately and it seems to be true...MMORPG's as we knew them are dead. In their place are cash cows. Just is what it is. 

Ive accepted that, Im adaptable, no matter how sad it may be. Devs no longer care about creating a lasting memorable experience, its now all about milking dat proverbial cow. Cant be helped.

Anyways what saddens me about this whole BnS "weapon revamp" is that it succeeded in killing the one aspect I actually enjoyed about this game, leveling toons. I managed to level a WL to 50 since the revamp and lemme tell you, it was painful. I dont see myself doing it again. Fortunately WL is still a relatively easy leveling process, I cant imagine what a more traditionally slow leveler, like say KFM must be like now.

Despite what some may think I did enjoy this game, despite its MANY flaws. Now...Im just biding my time till something better comes along.

Or I develop a taste for MoBA's.

honestly, weapone revamp is the only reason now to level up toons. 

struggling to find someone to carry me to hujikar or those lvl 40 green dungeons. or spending your liver on an alt when u could have used to make your main bigger.... 

they dont want to implement the change class voucher? well this is the closest thing to it..maybe..

it is helping me to stay in bns ..

I've been leveling a character for the sole purpose of seeing how easy/hard it is now... it's still easy but takes a couple seconds more to kill stuff. I find it a lot more fun now however, since you actually have to plan your attack out if you're grabbing multiple enemies at once. I find that using dropped items like bombs come in really handy now since they one shot and stun enemies.

I'm also seeing more players than when I leveled other characters, probably because they don't need to be grinding materials and equipment to evolve their stuff now. So thumbs up to the equipment changes!

Archived