Forums

Level 26 and already bored stiff.

Slightly. People are very antisocial in this game in general and often hostile towards people outside of their clan sadly though it depends of the server. Also things will get way better once you reach 600-700 AP when people actually take you to harder dungeon without whining how they have to carry a dead weight.

13 minutes ago, Slashdot said:

Chat channels are a ghost town. No guilds recruiting people under 500 GS. Dungeon queues never pop. Does it get better at 50?

No, and unless you're prepared to shell out cash to skip ahead get used to playing alone for a while at 50 as well. 

Heyy don't generalize i'm not anti-social at all and what i think it's a problem here is that u can't use chat in certain moments. Another thing is everytime i have the chance to help people in Naryu Lab, Blackram Supply or Bloodshade i'll do it... sometimes even on other dungeons, but no one's got all day for that.

Another thing is yes, at the moment a lot of people are 500+ because of the update, so people who were not even close to it just jumped, which created a gap there between 300 and 500. Plus i don't like this idea of not having evolutions before Ivory, nuh-uh. 

But it will take a bit before it goes back to normal. And another thing is u can't blame people for having more AP and trying to get dungeons done in less time so they can do other stuff, aka live.

The only problem this game has is it doesnt do anything to make u actually socialize, to not make u afraid of using the faction chat, my tip is, USE IT, there are tons of good people trying to help through there, me included. And always get a clan, this game u need a clan, any clan at least to have a few people you can talk while in cross-server because that's one of the biggest issues, that u can't talk to other people except ur party or your clan. 

They should make a discord or something so people can socialize more, it'd help a lot.

6 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Slightly. People are very antisocial in this game in general and often hostile towards people outside of their clan sadly though it depends of the server. Also things will get way better once you reach 600-700 AP when people actually take you to harder dungeon without whining how they have to carry a dead weight.

LOL and therein lies the problem.

Most new folks dont ever make it to 50 thanks to many of the things OP mentioned + incessant eastern grind + toxic community.

Expecting the avg non-whale, non-no lifer player to then climb to the 700 AP plateau is asking way too much.

There's a reason the game stagnated long ago. Now you're beginning to see it.

Finally.

Ehhhhhh if I am being completely honest. While I do enjoy this game, if I could tell myself back then what I know now, I probably wouldn't have bothered. As for 50 I want to say yes but eh. Even at 50 and with the cash given from quests, your still going to be grinding for more to lvl up shiz. If you aren't into dungeon runners then I will agree with NotHere and say get out while you can.

However if you still wish to play and need a clan, I believe mines has like 4 slots open. Pops went on a recruitathon and picked up folks of many lvls. But that would depend upon your server group and/or if your willing to remake on ours.

As for the RO comment.....LoL! 

people complain about P2W but no one says anything about trove nice~~~~~~. Anyway, if you enjoy the pure combat system like you can just online and keep hitting stuff all day then the game will be more fun later with dungeon and harder mechanic. But if you are like casual and socialize player then BnS, not realllllly. After 3-4 weeks once you hit 50, you will hit a gear wall made by hard cold cash /giggle. (Don't any of you all 700+ dare say to me you can get legend weap under 2 months).

A clan always a nice place to start.

Also, if you plan to go on with the game I suggest you read the skill book (K) learn to play the class and mechanic of any dungeon you plan to go.

Ps: to RO haters if you dont like the game just dont prevent other people may try it out. 

With love <3 from lvl 69 RO CN tester

1 hour ago, Mortal Kombat said:

LOL and therein lies the problem.

Most new folks dont ever make it to 50 thanks to many of the things OP mentioned + incessant eastern grind + toxic community.

Expecting the avg non-whale, non-no lifer player to then climb to the 700 AP plateau is asking way too much.

There's a reason the game stagnated long ago. Now you're beginning to see it.

Finally.

Well if you want to see only the negative sides it can be put in that way. Tho I am not saying that everyone is like how I told. Majority of F8 people are and will be even becoming worse thanks to antisocial people or due to language barriers in EU and I have never disagreed with that. You cannot anymore trust people to tell if they don't know mechanics and most of them don't even want to learn so who can you blame for the community of becoming what it is now? There are ways to get to 700 AP even as non-whale/non-no lifer but instead people see only negative sides without even trying. There are still some good people and groups out there...

8 hours ago, Slashdot said:

Chat channels are a ghost town. No guilds recruiting people under 500 GS. Dungeon queues never pop. Does it get better at 50?

Yep.

1. Dungeon queues will be fast and people will leave even faster after checking your AP

2. Guilds will require 750-780ap, not 500

3. There will be a lot of toxic people afk around marketplace npc

10 hours ago, Slashdot said:

1. Chat Channels:

-whenever you go to Dungeon/PvP Lobby chat resets

-you can't talk to people outside lobby

-most of the time you can't whisper ppl from other server

-there is practically no way to keep a conversation going outside of TS3/Discord

Conclusion: you just can't, you just forget about it and it's lacking in BnS big time.

Most of the time you just get some trollish smalltalk in fraction chat

2. Guilds:

What are they for. There is a good reason you might want a guild to start with and the reason is gearing. Most of the gearing is done through partycontent (lvl 50) and then there's Dungeon Lobby. This is where you ask yourself for the next few weeks why you don't just quit:

-people asking for a horrid amount of gear for the easiest of dungeons.

-when you enter dungeon and ask for explanation ppl will most likely not help or tell you to watch a guide

-when you are in a properly geared party you'll notice said above repeats itself.. the people with higher gear still don't know what to do and so fail. If you're lucky you'll find a group of exp people and if you're nice enough they may teach you.

Guilds are:

-for teaching dungeons/pvp

-raising the minimalistic social aspect

-for static dungeon runs without the need of high gear.

If you rly like the gameplay you'll find a way to forget about it.

If you finish the story quest, you should be at around 550+ AP. You shouldn't need to do any dungeons until lv 50 since they give everything u need in the story quest now.

And depends on what faction you joined, most servers are one sided. Chats are pretty active unless you joined the dead faction. 

Edited by Yarnz

i dont care about reasonings and stuff told in this thread.

but if in 2017 u cannot still comprehend that MOORPG means < time, effort and grinding> i dont know what to say.

ther is NO moorpg that dont involve grinding. insane grinding u say? ask to aion , metin 2, silkroad players what insane grinding means.

ASK what it means to have a game with lvl 1-70 progression and find yourself grinding quests like ""kill 2000 this mob"" or worst "gather 1000 items from this mob"(droprate10%) that gives u about 2-5% of your exp bar at level 27ish (twenty-seven-ish level on 70 cap level).

younglings nowadays are not enough dedicated to patience. younglings nowadays thinks that IF someone is already endgame, they got it in few days, meanwhile players that maybe are capped now (not the capped to content, i mean about 750-810ap)  played constantly since release OR spend like 8h+ day of playing.

if u are casual, and i reiterate, CASUAL, which means u dont dedicate enough time, patience, grinding, reading guides and stuff about farming, materials gathering and dungeon mechanics to the game, u SHOULD NOT whine and complain because above explanation of what moorpgs are.

now , flame me .

thank you.

12 hours ago, Slashdot said:

hat channels are a ghost town. No guilds recruiting people under 500 GS. Dungeon queues never pop. Does it get better at 50?

If chat is ghost town - you just so happen to be in a lesser faction. Every server group is dominated by one of two factions - choose the dominating faction and you will drown in chat flood.
There a lot of a small casuals guilds and even guilds created by newbies like you. Just ask in you faction chat about your eager to join some guild and there should be someone who will accept you.
No one going to dungeons now because of the recent changes in low lvl gear progression. Now you are expected to just skip all optional content and dungeons until you get to lvl50 content.

If you are here just to socialize - that is not the best game for it. The theme of this game is combat and arena pvp. This game has the best combat and arena pvp on the mmorpg market. So if you are not in to it - you may as well just leave now.

30 minutes ago, Yarnz said:

If you finish the story quest, you should be at around 550+ AP.

If you finish story quests, you will reach 430~440 AP (with an 25 AP gem, level 10 ivorymoon) at most, at hm4.

550+ you reach when you have all pinnacle accessories and stage 10 blue ivory weapon. Out of whose ass are you pulling those numbers from...

10 minutes ago, Shukran said:

that gives u about 2-5% of your exp bar at level 27ish (twenty-seven-ish level on 70 cap level).

5%? thats like 20  kills for a level...  Easiest leveling ever lol

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

i dont care about reasonings and stuff told in this thread.

but if in 2017 u cannot still comprehend that MOORPG means < time, effort and grinding> i dont know what to say.

ther is NO moorpg that dont involve grinding. insane grinding u say? ask to aion , metin 2, silkroad players what insane grinding means.

ASK what it means to have a game with lvl 1-70 progression and find yourself grinding quests like ""kill 2000 this mob"" or worst "gather 1000 items from this mob"(droprate10%) that gives u about 2-5% of your exp bar at level 27ish (twenty-seven-ish level on 70 cap level).

younglings nowadays are not enough dedicated to patience. younglings nowadays thinks that IF someone is already endgame, they got it in few days, meanwhile players that maybe are capped now (not the capped to content, i mean about 750-810ap)  played constantly since release OR spend like 8h+ day of playing

Why do you always assume that anyone that complains, (about the BORING and LONELY experience that is leveling in BnS), is asking for insta Level 50 HM15 AP 900? 

Anyways I'm not gonna bother.

What I will say...is I dunno what an MOORPG is, but the single most popular "MMORPG" of all time World of Warcraft doesnt require 10% of the life sucking end game commitment 99% of all asian "MMORPG's" do.

You do realize the difference between western and eastern MMORPG design philosophy right? Why eastern mmos simply do not do well in the west? Cause you say "younglings" yet you seem rather young to me. Especially when it comes to "MMORPG" experience. Eastern MMO's particularly asian mmos copy pasted western MMO ideas, and made them grindier. Requiring 10x the life commitment, and forcing players to pay for "easier advancement", all the while upping the RNG level in order to slow advancement further. All calculated in order to push the user to pay in order to succeed. Is it any wonder why outside of Asia these games crash and burn?

Before someone says "but WoW had raiding and grind at end cap..." just stop right there. Again, nowhere near the same kind of soul sucking end game grind, over reliance on RNG as a "progression wall", and in WoW what end game grinds there were tended to actually be FUN. Something most asian MMO devs wouldnt know from a hole in the wall. Also they didnt require 8+ hours daily to complete. Ever.

Simply put, no game should require 8+ hours of play time daily to accomplish anything of note, (At End Cap, need to emphasize that.) In fact, no sane person should ever commit 8+ hours daily to gaming period. 

I dont think I need to explain why, right? This is a game, not a LIFE GOAL. Not a CAREER CHOICE.

Or for some of you, maybe it is...I dunno. :/

P.S. Dunno if you've leveled from scratch in BnS lately, as in the last week or so, (I have), but thanks to this ridiculous weapon evolution stuff, leveling is even more painful thanks to crap leveling weapons akin to swinging wet noodles. You think starter zones were barren before? Go check them out now.

Edited by Mortal Kombat
1 hour ago, Mortal Kombat said:

You do realize the difference between western and eastern MMORPG design philosophy right?

Its not really east and west. Its like a good/bad thing. Look at FF14. Eastern game, but you can advance ever with 30-60min gaming/day. Even Tera is better in gear terms, you get a free starter gear from quest when new content come and the better gear (not the best) you can get in 1 month with 1-2 hours of gaming. In BnS what you can get with 1-2 hours of playtime/day in a month? Maybe a headache...

Edited by KzE

@Nekonata SadFace is right, 2-5% for entire quest completition. when u were lucky ofc.  

WoW is a Buy to play pay to play game. i dare them to put too much grinding in the game!!!!

@Mortal Kombat : i understand difference between eastern and western games. but u are playing NOW a eastern game moved to west. u knew, or should have known that when u registered to the game long ago (i suppose). but regarless if u knew or less. this is the game. voilat, do u want to play it or not? if something is not as u want at the moment, why complaining? everyone here complained about every single high progression step of the game when released. who forced u to rush the content?

now they are nerfing everything behind certain level. at their right time to do it, they make the game easier to reach certain values. then they want. and u complain. who force you to rush again?

u want to do foundry? cool, u can hardcore farm the content to reach the correct values to join, u can spend money to speed up even the process OR u can wait for your turn to do it. what's wrong with taking you time to reach far contents?

NO game requires 8+h a day of playing. NO-GAME. it is YOU taht want to reach certain content that requires certain hours of playing OR certain items farmed.

for example me myelf have more than 200+run per purple dungeon (except foundry im lazy to do it) every single purple dungeon i farmed to vomit. and at my time certain upgrades costed way way more than now. when frozen stingers were 2g+, when moonstones were 6g each? noone remember? i was farming for scorpio and stuff like that. and i did it.

now u have easy way to reach 700+ and complain complain complain. 

How did this discussion even get here? All of a sudden it went from OP being bored at early levels because of no people to "people want everything quick and easy and don't want to grind". I think someone is having a comprehension issue or didn't read the OP.