Playing KFM with high ping

Phoenisthetics

Hello, this is my first thread here!

what I'd like to discuss is playing KFM with such a ping between 110~220 spike. I almost saw all classes and I fall in love with KFM for 100% and maybe soul fighter for 80%. IDK why, but I love kfm. I've been playing 2.5 months till now trying to understand KFM well (it's my first character tho). but I've reached a point where I can't handle anymore! I can't do pvps, I can't dps, I cant tank, I cant do shit with such a high ping! even tho I live in Egypt, any european-based game would have much less ping. LoL for instance?! 

I've tried pingzapper and gotta tell you, it does not do anything for me at all. just a waste of 5 minutes of setupping it. 

my question is: should I give up already? or there'll be future enhancements to NCSoft's servers that will make everyone happy with their builds? because Ping is an important factor for all classes, not just KFM. although KFM relies on ani canceling, but anyone who has lower ping will have more advantage! 

Please, I would like to hear your opinions on this.

Just depends on how much you love the class.  I know some people in Australia and other places that still plays KFM regardless of their ping.  Sure they don't do the best of DMG, but hey, they're having fun with their clanmates and other friends. 

I would never rely on any hopes for new servers or enhancements, and so I would just take it with a grain of salt.  It's up to you to decide whether you really like the class or you're gonna let ping rule what class you like.

10 hours ago, Phoenisthetics said:
  • playing KFM with such a ping between 110~220 spike.
  • I almost saw all classes and I fall in love with KFM for 100%
  • I've been playing 2.5 months till now trying to understand KFM well (it's my first character tho).
  • I can't do pvps, I can't dps, I cant tank, I cant do shit with such a high ping!
  • I live in Egypt

are you me? you are exactly like me in all the above except i have 90-140ms ping and still feels very slow compared to others

anyway I advice you to

1-play fire build and not rely on animation cancel.

2-never try pvp or yo will be very frustrated/angry as soon as you reach silver rank.

3-never play in the evening. from 7pm to 12am is insane lag not worth playing anything at all especially if you are TE-Data

4-and lastly yes, you should give up because this problem was around for very long = they will never fix it.

• 1 month later...

Now these are baby maths, but seeing that my ping from UK to Frankfurt is 35 ms and Egypt is three times the distance I doubt even the best routing and cables will ever lower your ping under 110 ms. I have played KFM on NA during the alpha and first beta round, with over 160 ms ping, and to me it seemed playable for fun, just not competitively.

Fire build will get you through PvE I think, but for PvP there's no real compensation for bad ping. =_=

• 2 weeks later...

Archived