Cost reduction for legendary weapon?

Bim404

12 minutes ago, Dragonais said:

So you don't like Greg. Fine. Let me ask you some questions.

Do you have your legendary weapon? If so when did you get and which one did you farm? Baleful or Seraph? How long did it take you to farm the mats and or gold to get your legendary weapon if you have it? How many hours a day did you have to farm to get the weapon or did you buy gold to help with the costs? I would like to know since your tone does not seem very helpful.

I have to farm the Soulstone weapon for my BM and eventually my SF if I want to go legendary Baleful. At first I did not realize the only real way to get the Soulstone weapon was thru faction insignias. I also did not realize I needed 300 of them. There is a very small chance to get the weapon from SSP, but to farm SSP and not get it that way would be heartbreaking. I spent some of my insignia helping to get ready for our clan to upgrade. My mistake and now I know to wait until I have the insignia before I donate more of them.

I have read so many horror stories of people trying to transmute Silverfrost Premium Transformation Stones and the costs to do so. I have looked at the mats to craft the Silverfrost Transformation Stones. You have to farm a while to get the mats in general not to mention outbidding or getting lucky on the honorary ornaments for the Premium stones.

That being said, the 3 endgame 6 man instances require at least 650 AP with mech knowledge and class knowledge for dps to run efficiently. That can be a challenge if you can't reach that threshold via weapon, gems, accessories and HM level alone at prelegendary. That is why getting a foot in the door at legendary would be nice and help to open up options for farming.

I apologize for not sounding helpful but after a certain point it tends to get annoying to see people continuously make excuses saying it's too hard to get a Legendary even after the reduction costs. But I'll answer your questions and be helpful towards you since you come off as genuinely curious.

Do you have your legendary weapon?  If so when did you get and which one did you farm?

Yes, I have 2 Legendaries; 1 on my Main(KFM) and 1 on my Alt(WL).

I started off with Seraph on my KFM but switched to Baleful after I hit Stage 6. For my WL, I started and still have Seraph stage 4 on him.

How long did it take you to farm the mats and or gold to get your legendary weapon if you have it?

For my KFM I'll go off of how long it took me to get Stage 1 Legendary since it was more-so a gradual progression(Stage by Stage) till I got to Stage 6 instead of going straight to it. Took me about 3 months to get to Stage 1 if I can remember correctly. I can't remember when Legendary weapons were released but I know it took me a while. Also I upgraded his weapon before any cost reduction was announced(back in June of 2016).

For my WL, it took me 2 months and about 2 weeks(From September to November) to get him from True Scorp to Stage 4. The process sped up for me since the Legendary Cost reduction happened and I only had to get 4 Premium Stones instead of 7.

How many hours a day did you have to farm to get the weapon or did you buy gold to help with the costs?

I played for about 2~3 hours of actual gameplay(I tend to log on but do nothing because I'm too tired after work) on the weekdays and maybe 4~6 hours on the weekends. I really didn't farm anything, I just did my daily dungeon quests and ran 4man dungeons. Made more money in 4man dungeons since if something good dropped I'd make more money along with the daily quest gold.

And I would like to clarify, I did not use my main character to fund my alt. When I did focus on my alt I played him for the majority of my time and got on my main character if I felt like tanking or doing PvP. So my alt farmed and made his own gold and materials, I did not take anything from my main.

I have read so many horror stories of people trying to transmute Silverfrost Premium Transformation Stones and the costs to do so. I have looked at the mats to craft the Silverfrost Transformation Stones. You have to farm a while to get the mats in general not to mention outbidding or getting lucky on the honorary ornaments for the Premium stones.

That being said, the 3 endgame 6 man instances require at least 650 AP with mech knowledge and class knowledge for dps to run efficiently. That can be a challenge if you can't reach that threshold via weapon, gems, accessories and HM level alone at prelegendary. That is why getting a foot in the door at legendary would be nice and help to open up options for farming.

Premium stones do not require Ornaments. But it is a big risk in transmuting a Premium stone since it has a 30%-ish chance of succeeding. I learned the hard way when I was first getting a Legendary weapon on my main. Lost more money/mats than I would have if I just had bought the stones from the market. Back then the stones were about 600g a piece though so transmuting felt like the better option to me. Nowadays it would be better and so much easier if you just saved the gold and buy them from the market since they are about 300g(NA price) and slowly getting lower.

As of now they made it very easy to get 600~650 AP from the Weapon change recently. I've seen more 600~650 AP players now since the change but the main problem is they still do not know the mechanics of dungeons and still do not do even the minimum DPS for their AP. Right now getting a Legendary weapon is still easy but that won't change anything if players do not bother to improve their gameplay to match what type of gear they have.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long for people to understand that the problem is not AP nor gear. It is about doing the mechanic /shock. I am seeing way too much people HM7->11 have no clue doing a single easiest mechanic in dungeon. Just read the paper and you can do it without worrying anything about "oh i need more money for gear" NO it doesn't solve your problem neither elitism in the game. If everyone has the responsible for reading mechanic here like Taiwan server, we would be a great community. In Taiwan you can't even inspect F2 just FYI

8 hours ago, Zuzu said:

I apologize for not sounding helpful but after a certain point it tends to get annoying to see people continuously make excuses saying it's too hard to get a Legendary even after the reduction costs. But I'll answer your questions and be helpful towards you since you come off as genuinely curious.

Yes, I have 2 Legendaries; 1 on my Main(KFM) and 1 on my Alt(WL).

I started off with Seraph on my KFM but switched to Baleful after I hit Stage 6. For my WL, I started and still have Seraph stage 4 on him.

For my KFM I'll go off of how long it took me to get Stage 1 Legendary since it was more-so a gradual progression(Stage by Stage) till I got to Stage 6 instead of going straight to it. Took me about 3 months to get to Stage 1 if I can remember correctly. I can't remember when Legendary weapons were released but I know it took me a while. Also I upgraded his weapon before any cost reduction was announced(back in June of 2016).

For my WL, it took me 2 months and about 2 weeks(From September to November) to get him from True Scorp to Stage 4. The process sped up for me since the Legendary Cost reduction happened and I only had to get 4 Premium Stones instead of 7.

I played for about 2~3 hours of actual gameplay(I tend to log on but do nothing because I'm too tired after work) on the weekdays and maybe 4~6 hours on the weekends. I really didn't farm anything, I just did my daily dungeon quests and ran 4man dungeons. Made more money in 4man dungeons since if something good dropped I'd make more money along with the daily quest gold.

And I would like to clarify, I did not use my main character to fund my alt. When I did focus on my alt I played him for the majority of my time and got on my main character if I felt like tanking or doing PvP. So my alt farmed and made his own gold and materials, I did not take anything from my main.

Premium stones do not require Ornaments. But it is a big risk in transmuting a Premium stone since it has a 30%-ish chance of succeeding. I learned the hard way when I was first getting a Legendary weapon on my main. Lost more money/mats than I would have if I just had bought the stones from the market. Back then the stones were about 600g a piece though so transmuting felt like the better option to me. Nowadays it would be better and so much easier if you just saved the gold and buy them from the market since they are about 300g(NA price) and slowly getting lower.

As of now they made it very easy to get 600~650 AP from the Weapon change recently. I've seen more 600~650 AP players now since the change but the main problem is they still do not know the mechanics of dungeons and still do not do even the minimum DPS for their AP. Right now getting a Legendary weapon is still easy but that won't change anything if players do not bother to improve their gameplay to match what type of gear they have.

I edited my original post after searching the transmutation of Premium stones. I could have sworn I saw ornaments on there. Maybe it was something else.

Thank you for being so frank about your gear. Since you farmed everything before the cost reductions in the last major patch, you can at least appreciate the grind. I understand that grind, but I also look forward to some progression. Right now, it seems like my progression is very slow at best on my Blade Master. Boosting my HM accessories is about all I can do until I can farm the Soulstone weapon for the ledgendary upgrade. Even then, I hear rumors about gem sockets that make me wonder if it is even worth it.

As for mechanics, I have seen a lack of mechanics on both lower HMs and even some higher HMs. I can see your point about people not improving their game play. Some of us try and others do not care. Personally, I still believe reaching legendary is a big step on catching up with some of the more long time players like yourself who have farmed the legendary gear. I never did reach full mythical rank 1 level 65 armor in Aion. The grind for AP was a bit much but some people who had all the top of the line gear previously could farm it so much easier. That is kind of how I am feeling right now.

You mentioned you farmed everything separate on your toons. I farm most of the mats separately, but some like naryu tablets, I share between my toons as some events end up giving my lower level toons mats they don't need until they are 50. I craft though so sharing crafting mats between 4 different toons with all 7 crafts is a must. That will help my farming as I do not need to buy as much consumables from the marketplace/broker. That does not help much though when you fail runs when people fail some of the easier mechanics in instances.

On 2/26/2017 at 0:21 PM, XO said:

You can't have top of the line gear and not expect to put in work to obtain it :)))))))))))))) There is no issue with the current cost. How many places we can farm moonstones/ornaments? yea, maybe, but the total cost? Nah. They already reduced the weapon path that helps new players catch up a bit (can do all dungeons but DT/EDC/NF/RK) but still have to put in work. Which is great. Idk if you and others like you forget but there is more to this game than just having the right amount of AP. Can you imagine the players who do not bother to learn mechs get even higher ap??? God help the raven king parties that will have to deal with them.

If you noticed, I had clearly stated that Baleful/Seraph is no longer top of the line, Raven is, and Raven, is by no means a walk in the park to obtain. It's not only about moonstones/ornaments. It's also about RNG petals, RNG transformation stones and half RNG weapon boxes. Of all of these, only moonstones and weapon boxes can be reliably farmed, neither ornaments or transformation stones or petals can be reliably farmed. This creates a problem that is all to visible.

You want people to know how to play the game, that is fine - for you. What if, the player in question doesn't care if he or she knows how to play only that they can play? And that by playing, they want access to content or they quit? That is a lost customer for NCsoft, of course it doesn't matter to you as you own no shares in NC stocks nor are you working for them, but it matters to the game as a whole as that is one less player. Multiply this effect and this is how dead servers are formed.

As for myself, I don't care whether or not someone knows how to play the game so long as they are playing the game. Because a player, good or bad, is still a player and is still helping keep the game alive, and the economy running. I'd rather 100 bad players be playing than 1 good player because those 100 bad players will be contributing more to keep the server alive than that 1 ever can.

There are no issues with cost for veteran players, but not everyone is a veteran player. I'm by no means a veteran player and prior to the weapon path change, the costs were absurd, I indeed bought some gold off CTRL+C just to make ends meet. But I have the money to do so, not every player has such a luxury, and a pay wall should never be in place for a game that intends to remain both F2P and alive. I am now close to 700 AP and net an average of 50 gold a day from quests alone, that sufficient. However, had I not bought gold, I'd still be sitting at perhaps 350 AP and would be able to do nothing of what I can now; in essence, I'd be locked out of quite a bit.

edit: That we are now into the BT patch and players still are locked from ECE and DT proves my point exactly; that example about Aion and being 2 patches behind. Players are still mostly playing catch up to do ECE and DT, never mind NF+.

Learning mechanics is fine and all, the hidden catch to that is that you have to find a party willing to carry you while you learn and not expect you to know it all off the get go as most parties on F8 would. This is again an obstacle for players who do not know anyone in game - aka newer players.

Reading the replies here really reminds me of a similar Aion topic where I was one of the few geared players calling for reductions so that everyone could be as geared as I was. Not many agreed with the idea and would instead comment on how people should learn to play, should put in some work, etc... it was tedious, especially when they were arguing in favor of a game that was sliding into decline.

5 hours ago, swpz said:

Players are still mostly playing catch up to do ECE and DT, never mind NF+.

Thats only the case because of too high ap requirements. As someone said, having 600-650 ap is very easy now. And you dont need more to do 6 man DT and EC. Even Foundry should be possible. But then the next problem someone mentioned comes: individual gameplay skill. It was always the same in Aion. If you knew what to do and how to play your class, you could do almost everything with shit gear you got by playing 2 days. But most people cant so they need much better gear to be even useful in a group. Same problem here and in F8 it's even worse.

6 hours ago, swpz said:

-snip-

Not quite.

If people want to just be able to log in and "play" the game, thats fine but don't expect to get that far in. If they don't want to learn how to play their class or learn dungeon mechanics, they wont be able to advance onward to more content. With that being said, they wont be able to upgrade their equipments either, seeing as how you need weapons/accessories from said dungeons and if they don't know how to do them and don't meet the standard community requirements, they wont be able to do them unless they find friends/clan that will carry them through everything. Ultimately, they'll probably end up quitting anyways and making some rant on the forums about how unfair the game is.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, doitztard said:

... so you want everything for free... this game is grind heavy for a reason if you dont like play another game. And secondly why do you want raven weapon, its not like you need it for any content 650 ap and you can do all content except the raid which was even stated as for the true endgame, and you can get 650 ap in like a week -_-.

op says 'reduction' and you come up with 'free'. try reading again?

Archived