Four thoughts on game improvement?

Gourry32

I rarely talk about things in MMo's that bother me because well either its part of the game or there is no point cause no one listens anyway, but i wanted to just bring up a few talking points at least and get others thoughts on these things.

1: With the arena do you think they should disable the special hongmoon skills like the HM block? I mean they say the Arena is balanced but we all know that is not true, i think if maybe they did that it would make it more even playing field, , what are you thoughts?

2: i am sure everyone has had this at some point, your in a large dungeon and you DC or someone your talking with gets a Dc but you know they are coming back, but they have to run through the entire dungeon just to get to you. Do you think they should put a wind stride half-way point if you are at an end boss(best example of this is in Sogun's Lament) thoughts?

3:  Anyone else think there should be an easier way to obtain Sacred oil for the soul, i know it costs a lot because it has to be made through transmutation but i feel there needs to be an alternative as well.

4: finally something that just seems like it should be common sense, you go to a cross-server lobby for a daily and you get a high level hongmoon player who wants you to stop recruiting so they can leave or leaves right away or even boots someone out cause of their Ap,  Now  so many people create group for a certain Ap or higher, so should those who do such acts should know to look for theses groups and not do random grouping or should they just accept the group as is. This is something i sometimes wish  could be reported for, i mean if you want a high AP group then please create or look for one don't just randomly look and hope. what are your thoughts?

1. That'll just bring us back to Lv45 patch where HM skills didn't exist other than the Bloodshade Harbor ones but those didn't impact PvP that much depending on the class. But removing them from Arena would put some classes back to having a disadvantage over others(i.e - Blade Masters).

2. They've already added red portals to get back to boss areas when Silverfrost dungeons(minus Asura) began coming. Only dungeons that don't have red portals at Lv45 purples but those aren't even relevant.

3. Souls are meant to be end-game gear aka last to upgrade. Having Sacred Oils only being available through Transmutation is understandable since it's not needed to upgrade them immediately especially at the content we're at aside from Black Tower. Later down the road it may have other ways in getting it but for now it's not really needed.

4. So you want to report a person for wanting to leave an LFP party/kicking you out of an LFP party? That's a bit extreme in my opinion. Would be better if they added a timer where you can't match up with said person.

1 hour ago, Gourry32 said:

4: finally something that just seems like it should be common sense, you go to a cross-server lobby for a daily and you get a high level hongmoon player who wants you to stop recruiting so they can leave or leaves right away or even boots someone out cause of their Ap,  Now  so many people create group for a certain Ap or higher, so should those who do such acts should know to look for theses groups and not do random grouping or should they just accept the group as is. This is something i sometimes wish  could be reported for, i mean if you want a high AP group then please create or look for one don't just randomly look and hope. what are your thoughts?

So let's think of an example that someone LFPs to Shattered Masts and the whole team is 410s with 2900 critical and one high level with 600-900 AP. You would want that high level to get punished for leaving the party because the party would never have enough damage to kill the boss in time as those low levels won't do much damage and unless the high AP player can solo the boss? Once you get to those "high" APs and levels I think you will understand why people are leaving the parties as you will start noticing that certain AP group people have higher tendency to cause time wasting and wipes in dungeons as they know nothing about the dungeon, they won't ask and if they die they will flame others for it. I am not saying those low AP players cannot be good but they higher the chances of failing the dungeon and most of the time high levels leave to save time and nerves as not all have 1-2 hours to finish one dungeon.

atm im 554 ap... and i understand the point of view of those players of "high ap" is: we are going to wipe, so they leave party... and i understand that because, if u see that almost all ur party are between 400-500 ap u know that they shouldnt be doing masts, asura or be ido, they should be doing yeti, necro, lair, mandate and storage till they get pass 500 ap... i think that people in this game dont think in what their limits are cause im seeing ppl doing asura with 410 ap thats nonsense cause ull slow your party and end in wiping... the other case can happen... high ap people who thinks their are gods and do less dps than a low ap player this can happen if the low ap player knows the mechanics and dont ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ it up. So the moral here is to learn the mechanics and dont be ambitious with time and effort ull get to desolated tomb, asura, nexus, masts, ebondrake citadel...

Hongmoon skills on PVP don't matter if you are skilled and/or you're PVP-ing every single day. Even a low level who is very much familiar with his skills despite the lack of skill points can still own a higher level with hongmoon skills. The PVP Arena is where you should get good, it's not a place where you can slack off.

I can feel the OP's pain, mainly about the higher AP people pugging then either leaving or complaining about the party members. People its called a PUG for a reason. Most players PUG due to the elitist idiots out there that refuse to let them come with them even after asking nicely. I have 2 toons at lvl 50 now: one is my summoner and she has well over 650AP and very little problems getting parties, my other is my Warlock, which has a very hard time getting into parties due to her paltry 529ap and people still either kick her out of the party or just leave the party as soon as they check her AP. This is an attitude that should not be at all. I can understand if I tied to get my Warlock into tomb or the other very high end instances, but she is constantly DISCRIMINATED against for simple instances like Soguns Lament, even after I post her achievements. This Elitist attitude will ruin the game for many which will leave the game without players. This same elitist attitude is one reason I refuse to pay for a premium membership.

I meant to make some corrections but i been busy, anyway:

1: I did not know about the lvl 45 thing because i was not playing much when that was the cap, so thank you for that, but i do wish the arena was a bit more balanced. I feel some more thought into that area would help, plus they really need to maybe put some sort of bracket system in so you do not face off against low level players who get that first quest at i think level 35? I mean all my characters are min HM 7 so i do feel bad when i get a non-HM player that may be their first time in the arena... Also i really do wish they would do something to deal with those who just afk in arena(more specifically the 3v3 tag, i mean facing a group where all 3 are not afk when your the only one on your team who is not afk is soo annoying.  Lastly jsut to add something I do hate how some players use the cheapest move to win in 1v1 like when a Blade master goes into a corner and never comes after you unless you do nothing and then retreat, or the damn Destroyer only using that spin

2: yeah i guess though i wish they would add it to Sogun's i mean waiting for a player to run through the whole place just to get to Asura can cause issue since some only have so much time to actually play games.

3: I hope down the line it can come in an alternative way, i mean with so many people wanting players with a high AP it is a viable way to get easy AP as i see it.

4:  As far as my original post goes, I did say some things wrong, i was more referring to those players who join a random group with high AP and i doubt they can solo it and they want to leave or worse kick lower AP player if they are the leader(i really think they should make this a majority vote or a cooldown or something).  Though when you get a full group and that one high AP player complain or even insults you about your AP they should leave or just don't complain at all. i mean its a random group from all servers, they know they can get a low AP player, if they don;t like the party don;t complain and just leave or find a group who is taking their AP or higher, its a waste of their time complaining about it as well as everyone else time. Also i really hate these high AP player who don;t complain and then end up doing nothing to help the party with enemies and in some cases bosses(one time one HM12 player basically stood outside the first two bosses in Naryu Labyrinth and then did nothing at last boss.)

I wanted to add one more discussion point as well but this could fall under my 4th point as well. it is really hard to get into a group doing a battleground(hell took me 10 min to get one on Friday) and you get players who once again complain about someone's AP, or health or whatever and then they either leave making team un-even or worse do not even try to see if the team can actually win, they just stand at spawn and wait, I would love a way for these kind of toxic players to get penalized for doing nothing at all.

On 2/22/2017 at 6:49 PM, Gourry32 said:

1: With the arena do you think they should disable the special hongmoon skills like the HM block? I mean they say the Arena is balanced but we all know that is not true, i think if maybe they did that it would make it more even playing field, , what are you thoughts?

Hongmoon skills make arena more balanced then you think, its just some skills that kill it like BMs HM stun pull, but overall it feels like hongmoon skills are intended to make arena it self balanced. I played since this game launched and all i did was arena so i know how it was without HM skills and it was a mess for some classes. BM's would be at a huge disadvantage, SF and FM same thing. Without HM skills the gap between some classes and others when it comes to balance will just get worse. BD and WL and Sum would conquer the rest. I can already get near 1900 ELO(plat) on a level 48 BD WITHOUT HM SKILLS and no joke without, while when i try to do the same with other classes i can barley get into   1700+ ELO. My SF that is level 50 HM 8 with all pvp HM skills only able to go as high as 1800 ELO and still rank top 20 on leader board. Point is HM skills are also a balance factor, the only thing that needs to be done is allow every player to have them in arena for free, Then it would be balanced.  I'll joint down what I have tested

BD level 48 no HM skills: ~1840 ELO (was playing last night 20 wins- 2 losses)

BD level 50 HM 11 all HM skills: ~1880 ELO 

-------------------------

BM level 50 HM 5 NO HM Skills: ~1670 ELO Couldn't budge past 1700

BM level 50 ALL pvp HM skills: ~1780 ELO ---After the certificate Bundle pack (: ---Haven't played in a week or 2 tho

-----------------------

WL level 50 only Soul Shackle HM: ~1710 ELO ---

-----------------------

SF level 50 HM 8 without HM skills: ~1680 ELO (had trouble breaching into 1700)

SF level 50 HM 8 ALL HM skills: ~1820 ELO Easily 

I haven't tried much on the other classes yet but overall it seems some classes without HM will conquer easily while some face a wall without them

Archived