You can buy premium with in-game currency in For Honor

CrimsonDuskEU

That is easily farmable. Looks like newer, more successful game companies are beginning to understand that access should not be put behind a pay wall. Something that NCW seems to refuse to implement, which explains the poor success of this game ?

It also seems Asian companies share the same idea, by giving f2p more Quality Of Life QOL (looking at you free wardrobe in ALL other versions). Perhaps NCW could learn a thing or two on how to make their game more successful ? It would appear there is a difference in philosophies employed by the companies. Where one thinks it should be pay-to-progress-faster while the other thinks it should be pay-for-convenience.

The reasoning in all successful companies is to reward their player for either grinding, or for paying (if not possible to grind). Here, by putting basically ANYTHING behind a pay-wall, it seems grinding is excluded, whereas paying is rewarded.

The NCoin/HMCoin disparity needs to go away, and the two of them must be the same currency. This game is not popular simply because people feel discriminated against, based on their own personal wealth. Which is what the gamer tries to get away from : reality, and immerse himself in a virtual world.

We all agree that time is a precious ressource, so why discriminate depending on whether you spend that time grinding in-game or in real-life ?

Do you people who manage the Western Economy even understand the psychology behind being spent on an MMORPG ?

First thing any player feels when playing B&S is that it's not truly an MMORPG. The fault lies not in the game, which is beautiful and immersive and can be addicting. The problem lies in how the game is handled.

Do you people want your game to be successful ? Then give it its reason to be alive : Immersion inside a Virtual World.

To do so, eliminate the first thing that makes most people immerse themselves in games : Discrimination. You could start by making QOL changes to the f2p player, which would (contrary to your beliefs) make him more prone to spend money. Rather than trying to force him to pay up unless he wants to waste his time on stupid things (such as destroying outfits cuz no wardrobe)

I understand your staff only has marketing strategy being managed correct ? Perhaps you could start by hiring a psychologist who specializes in the field of the Internet, or Virtual Reality, or whatever it is called that is related to Online Gaming. While your "quick crash-grab" events are efficient, they do not unfortunately increase the life span of this game. You don't seem to realize the gold mine you got your hands on. This is a game that's been waited for 6 years. Despite all your..let's say mistakes (patch fail) you still have a dedicated playerbase. You have the game, and the gamers, now it is time for you to step up your game.

This game is and has been so popular in Asia, simply because their staff realizes the importance in giving immersion to the playerbase. I wouldn't be surprised if they have pscychologists in their team, actively giving them new ideas to keep the playerbase immersed in the game.

NCWest, you are small. But you can make it big. Change your policies and grow bigger. Faithfully yours, a day-1 active player who simply wants this game to have a long and prospering life.

Edit :

16 hours ago, Yulie said:

You want HM coins and NC coins to be the same currency? I'm assuming so that all the items in the hongmoon  will be available to all players even those who won't spend a penny on the game. How is this a good idea? Maybe you should be grateful this game even has a currency exchange system that allows you to purchase most of items in the cash shop using in game currency.

The point of CTRL+C is to make players be able to transfer NCoin into Gold, or Gold into HMCoin, without having to rely on third-party forums. Grateful for CTRL+C ? Yeah, well.. Reality check pal, anyone with half a brain sells his gold for real money. It's called gold seller. Now why would NCWest give gold-sellers a reason to use the in-game exchanger instead of being..well, goldsellers ? Hmm, clearly I've no idea. Perhaps you could enlighten me how killing goldsellers is a good idea ? Hmm.

As for f2p players not "supporting" the game.. Are you high bro ? Who farms your mats, everything that you have to grind your ass for, so that you can buy that in f5 without having to grind shit ? Bots ? Another reality check pal, the f2p you seem to think have no importance in the game are the ones grinding their ass off farming for you mats that you buy without having to grind shit.

Why do new players join an MMORPG ? Because the 1% premium players play it ? So they can get stomped on by superior gear all the while getting locked away from content because of their elitism ? Clearly it's not because the game is populated, ran by the "f2p" useless players, who should be grateful that the premium players buy their mats that they sell. They should also be grateful that new players are driven away from the game because of a toxic marketing strategy that promotes forcing you to pay if you want to have the least bit of fun.

Spending to support the game is one thing. But don't lump it up with paying to get top-tier gear. And oh please spare me the f2p are parasytes and the p2w are saviors. If there's one thing the p2w players do, is let the company know that we want more rng boxes, and less QOL changes. Can't fix what isn't broken.

Can't make everyone happy ? Then tell me why BNS KR is so successful. I'll tell you why, because they reward grinders for grinding, and swipers for swiping. Hell they go even further, and give free stuff to the casuals for logging daily and keep them interested in the game. They don't try to force you to pay by making your f2p life cancerous (eg. wardrobe locked behind premium).

Sadly it appears NCWest doesn't do the same math NCSoft (KR) does. They understand the revenue they get from high spenders but they seem to neglect the revenue they would get from the small spenders, who would appreciate not getting cast aside, and spend the little ressources they have to support the game.

5$ per person isn't much, but it becomes a lot when it's 5*138 000 (excluding the 1% high spenders)

PS: Before you go whining about me, personally having issues in 6V6 or even PV or just against p2W people, let me let you know that I'm top30 every season in 6V6 both modes united, ever since I was at like 570AP. I personally have no frustration against P2W, but if you open your eyes and look around you, you'll see that many do not share the same point of view. I am not "whining" about P2W, simply letting you know that you're losing a lot of f2p players. Once they're gone, you won't get them back. And gl running the game while attracting new players with that 1% of heavy spenders.

Edit 2 : ncsoft-q4-2016.jpg

In Q1 2016 we only had outfits and premium in Blade&Soul EU/NA. Then it introduced CTRL+C and a small amount of P2W. Can you explain me, if the current model is a good thing, why their revenue went down by 6000 ? The hype died and players quit ? That's not the real reason here, is it. As someone who's actually played the game, let me tell you. People quit because the game became P2W. The big wallets were happy, the smal spenders weren't happy. But here is a fact : it made less revenue to NCSoft. Oh and look, it got even worse later on ! I wonder why !! The game started on a good spot. It then took the P2W route, and lost the small spenders, aswell as the f2p. You don't have to be a genius to see where things are going at this pace.

I care about the game, ok ? The way things go, this game is producing less and less revenue, and (coincidence!?) losing it's playerbase.

It is not too late to recover. Or NCWest, you can keep using a marketing model that obviously does not  work, and kill BNS EU/NA. The 1% of big spenders won't give you their money when the entire game is a desolate desert.

In my opinion things should stay the same. You already can buy premium from other players as long as you can trust them to actually deliver the goods to you so that is not a problem. Also if they give premium to hongmoon coins you can expect many people to stop buying premium from website as we have way bigger amount of gold circulating in the game and having also premium for HMcoins could in worst scenario ruin things even more as people would sell more gold and rates could possibly push down permanently to even 1:1.

If it is the wardrobe you desire in my opinion they should instead offer wardrobe ticket that unlock wardrobe for 7/30/90/365 days depending which option you buy.

So I basically agree with the main argument. Yes, you should be able to buy premium with HMCoins. Won't argue the point or even lay out my reasons for agreeing.

But..

Your comparing a MMORPG to a RPG with an online multiplayer mode.

Your comparing  F2P to purchase game+expansions marketing models, while they may have similarities these are very different.

You just can't compare apples to oranges and ask for lemonade.

You'd have much more solid points if you compared it to Rift or Skyforge or half dozen other F2P games.

However you'll find most these games all have one thing in common. F2p players vs Whales!

This model just doesn't work well in the west for this reason.  F2p players want big wallets to be meaningless and big wallets want what they pay for. :)

The "free" in F2P is just marketing hype, you should be willing to pay at least a small sum now and then and semi regularly to keep playing. If not you really don't have any right to voice complaints. Forum privileges should really be behind a paywall.

I have to admit this post fustrates me.

You want HM coins and NC coins to be the same currency? I'm assuming so that all the items in the hongmoon  will be available to all players even those who won't spend a penny on the game. How is this a good idea? Maybe you should be grateful this game even has a currency exchange system that allows you to purchase most of items in the cash shop using in game currency. A lot of mmorpgs wont even do that and the fact that people can't even appreciate this annoys me.

And in regards to having premium available through hm coins further shows the unappreciation some people have. Premium is premium for a reason. Just seems like you want everything for free. How do you expect this game to make money after all these suggestions are implemented in your imaginary world. What do you expect the game to run on? Air? 

If anything, these 2 suggestions alone will break the game. 

Comparing a free to play and a pay to play game ? For real ? if blade & soul could have sell milions of 60$ box of course they could have let ppls buy premium in game currency.

But if they do that in a free to play let people buy EVERYTHING in game currency then why should i even waste my money for buy this usesless premium membership not re-worked for months with a wardrobe who only worth it.

15 hours ago, Yulie said:

You want HM coins and NC coins to be the same currency? I'm assuming so that all the items in the hongmoon  will be available to all players even those who won't spend a penny on the game. How is this a good idea? Maybe you should be grateful this game even has a currency exchange system that allows you to purchase most of items in the cash shop using in game currency.

The point of CTRL+C is to make players be able to transfer NCoin into Gold, or Gold into HMCoin, without having to rely on third-party forums. Grateful for CTRL+C ? Yeah, well.. Reality check pal, anyone with half a brain sells his gold for real money. It's called gold seller. Now why would NCWest give gold-sellers a reason to use the in-game exchanger instead of being..well, goldsellers ? Hmm, clearly I've no idea. Perhaps you could enlighten me how killing goldsellers is a good idea ? Hmm.

As for f2p players not "supporting" the game.. Are you high bro ? Who farms your mats, everything that you have to grind your ass for, so that you can buy that in f5 without having to grind shit ? Bots ? Another reality check pal, the f2p you seem to think have no importance in the game are the ones grinding their ass off farming for you mats that you buy without having to grind shit.

Why do new players join an MMORPG ? Because the 1% premium players play it ? So they can get stomped on by superior gear all the while getting locked away from content because of their elitism ? Clearly it's not because the game is populated, ran by the "f2p" useless players, who should be grateful that the premium players buy their mats that they sell. They should also be grateful that new players are driven away from the game because of a toxic marketing strategy that promotes forcing you to pay if you want to have the least bit of fun.

Spending to support the game is one thing. But don't lump it up with paying to get top-tier gear. And oh please spare me the f2p are parasytes and the p2w are saviors. If there's one thing the p2w players do, is let the company know that we want more rng boxes, and less QOL changes. Can't fix what isn't broken.

Can't make everyone happy ? Then tell me why BNS KR is so successful. I'll tell you why, because they reward grinders for grinding, and swipers for swiping. Hell they go even further, and give free stuff to the casuals for logging daily and keep them interested in the game. They don't try to force you to pay by making your f2p life cancerous (eg. wardrobe locked behind premium).

Sadly it appears NCWest doesn't do the same math NCSoft (KR) does. They understand the revenue they get from high spenders but they seem to neglect the revenue they would get from the small spenders, who would appreciate not getting cast aside, and spend the little ressources they have to support the game.

5$ per person isn't much, but it becomes a lot when it's 5*138 000 (excluding the 1% high spenders)

16 minutes ago, Shukran said:

the usual average f2player who try to find any reasons to stay f2player instead of be thankfull there are players who pays for him to play for free.

Okay, I don't agree with OPs complaints, but I'm sick of comments like these. Do you expect some kind of praise from free to play players because you decided to spend money on something that they decided not to? I don't understand why you have this mentality that paying players are somehow more important than free players even though an MMO needs free players just as much a paying ones.

43 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Okay, I don't agree with OPs complaints, but I'm sick of comments like these. Do you expect some kind of praise from free to play players because you decided to spend money on something that they decided not to? I don't understand why you have this mentality that paying players are somehow more important than free players even though an MMO needs free players just as much a paying ones.

i expect they play the game as it is, because they can play with or without that f2player featuyre they are asking.

I wouldn't buy gold if the ratio is 1:1 coz real money > virtual game money. Same thing for selling gold. Third-party gold sellers will still try to compete with the exchange no matter what. I also don't recall them putting anything behind paywall because they are not required. Can anyone give me a good example that are still not achievable on F2P aside from the wardrobe? Pay-to-progress is still optional here and you can't blame whales becoming more bigger whales. F2P players feeling forced to swipe their cards is their own problem because they let others get into them, being pressured of other players having better gears.

13 hours ago, Shukran said:

the usual average f2player who try to find any reasons to stay f2player instead of be thankfull there are players who pays for him to play for free.

"Be thankful there are players who pays for him to play for FREEEE!"  lol so these players also paid  upfront to NCSOFT so they can realease F2P servers EU/NA?!

Get the hell out of here!!!

18 minutes ago, Shushi said:

"Be thankful there are players who pays for him to play for FREEEE!"  lol so these players also paid  upfront to NCSOFT so they can realease F2P servers EU/NA?!

They probably did in part. Founders Packs were on sale long before the servers opened.

Yes guys ofc if people no shop server dead.Stop rage vs people who spend 5 or 10 euro because without that people we can't play that game in continue evolvement because if no one spend real money where take NCSOFT the funds for doing update and continue storyline? idk where you live but if in real life if you no produce and people no buy you close in a few days.

So you call me p2w because i'm premium member for life? Nope i shop premium membership all month because i support that game and remember more game are p2p and more low shiting are f2p and most of game are p2w.

That server are not p2w,

i play on chinese server and chinese server is totally pay2win btw is not by ncsoft...

if ncsoft do event treasure ( p2w event ) after event p2w they update game with new storyline and new gameplay only because they have funds for do that.

I'm not their lawyer but if you have a little brain you can understand by yourself.

Greetingz Highlander

P.s i see other message but i no answer no more because if you smoke like me and you like game you can give up to 2 packet of cigaretts all month for 1 premium membership <.<

and remember there are CTRL+C if you know how to use that you can open your inventory for free only play and people shop for you.

36 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

They probably did in part. Founders Packs were on sale long before the servers opened.

The servers was going live no matter if they was buying founders pack or not, so he can't tell us that only because these whales are swiping their credits cards, we  are playing for free.  

you need to remember this too... the more free content u get, the more likely the game to be p2w. Because running servers ain't free. So you want na/eu to become like other p2w server where there are legendary weapons/accs in rng box? We already have more than enough overgeared people who don't know simple dungeon mechanics.  i mean, is it that hard to just spend 12 usd for monthly premium? 

1 hour ago, Shushi said:

The servers was going live no matter if they was buying founders pack or not, so he can't tell us that only because these whales are swiping their credits cards, we  are playing for free.  

It's both yes and no. It would have launched even without but do you really seriously think that the server would stay up if people were not to spend their money on the game giving the company profit?

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

It's both yes and no. It would have launched even without but do you really seriously think that the server would stay up if people were not to spend their money on the game giving the company profit?

I don't care about the server i just hate people who are acting like: whale players  are everything and f2p  players  are nothing. Without each of them the game is dead the servers are dead. I had also purchased founder pack and premiums and another stuffs from the cash shop but i will never stand for this discrimination.

Archived