Was the idea of this event to make us spend ncoin on chocolate?

Kayane

because if it was, well you failed.   Even if I buy every single chocolate package available, I will still not have enough chocolate to buy a single gem, and I've been doing this on 3 alts, unless I get 10 chocolate 3 times in the few days left, but considering I never got that once, I don't see it happening.

Thanks for the waste of time. 

While i can understand your frustration, from what i am seeing in faction chat everyday a large number of players have gotten the event gem. I myself have 2 already and 3 more alts on 50+ choc's. I did buy 1 set of 15 moonstones, for a weapon upgrade which iirc gives 3 choc's but i have not used that. I guess the RNG sucked for you maybe try doing it on more alts which does up your chance of a crit. I do it on 8 alts and so far have only one which i dont think will get a gem. 

Anyway gl for the rest of event and hope you get ur gem.

Well see, that's the thing, you either get it easily, or you don't at all, and my point was that if they intended to make money out of this by selling only a small amount of choco for coins, well they failed, because in both your case, and my case, it's pointless to buy them.  

They could have at least put something that's worth it that you can buy if you don't get to 60, because right now everything else is worthless...

4 hours ago, Kayane said:

because if it was, well you failed.   Even if I buy every single chocolate package available, I will still not have enough chocolate to buy a single gem, and I've been doing this on 3 alts, unless I get 10 chocolate 3 times in the few days left, but considering I never got that once, I don't see it happening.

Thanks for the waste of time. 

you need to only proc 10 choc once more to get the gem. be patient. I have 50 choc atm. I am sure I can proc at least 1 more crit in 8 days.

event is 20 days + 4 proc(10 choc ea)= 60 choc for gem. event end in another week. you have 8 more days. 

If it was an event where they tried to get money from you the bundles with chocolates wouldn't be a one time purchase. Just because rng sucks for you doesn't automatically mean ncsoft is trying to get money from you lol.

5 hours ago, XO said:

If it was an event where they tried to get money from you the bundles with chocolates wouldn't be a one time purchase. Just because rng sucks for you doesn't automatically mean ncsoft is trying to get money from you lol.

RNG suck -> has to buy bundles to get enough chocolate hearts. Assuming that you don't roll 1 for every Daily Dash spin and you buy pretty much all bundles, then you should have enough chocolate hearts for a gem.

The event itself has reasonable chance to to get a gem. I have five alts and would likely to have outfit and gems on all of them. I'm not a fan of RNG, though, cuz it is pretty much frustrating when luck is not on your side. And you have to buy bundles to get enough hearts, it is natural that you feel being forced to buy. But at least, you still have a way to get it, though it would end up expensive due to your bad luck.

I've been doing event daily on 6 characters not spent any coin on the bundles from store and just got 2 gems yesterday. I'm close to getting a 3rd on my Des, it's all rng based whether you get the crit chance of 10 chocolates. 

I look at stuff like this as a free extra play on a lottery ticket.   even 10k exp charms for free is FREE EXPERIENCE hello?

you can tell who the sheltered people are by the level of their presumed entitlement to really insignificant things like bonuses in an electronic game.

I did this event with my 6 characters and got 3 gems already. Didnt even need the bundles. And if I continue to doing it i can even get 4th or 5th gems. This event was all about rng and I don't think I'm lucky. Crit rate was really high. My main didnt get any crit first 7-8 days and then got crit 3-4 times. My all other alts got more crit than my main. 

6 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

RNG suck -> has to buy bundles to get enough chocolate hearts. Assuming that you don't roll 1 for every Daily Dash spin and you buy pretty much all bundles, then you should have enough chocolate hearts for a gem.

The event itself has reasonable chance to to get a gem. I have five alts and would likely to have outfit and gems on all of them. I'm not a fan of RNG, though, cuz it is pretty much frustrating when luck is not on your side. And you have to buy bundles to get enough hearts, it is natural that you feel being forced to buy. But at least, you still have a way to get it, though it would end up expensive due to your bad luck.

I get where you're going but no....you don't have to buy bundles you choose to buy them. As mentioned above and on other forums a lot of people are having great luck (getting 2+ gems means over 120 chocolates which means they got like what?90-100 outside of the bundles) but I think because it's rng there will be a small percent who isn't as lucky and because they drew the short stick this event doesn't mean ncsoft created an event to make people spend money for chocolates. They are just unlucky :/

It's pure RNG. I'm doing this on 6 toons and I've got lots of heart crits on some toons and just one crit on others. But all in all I'll get out of this event with 2-3 gems and I'm perfectly happy with this. No point in being greedy for something that's given for free, even if it's a prize in a lottery. I mean, would you get salty if you don't win lottery with a free lottery ticket? It's pretty much the same thing.

[edit] What @XO said basically. On treasure troves for example I never got lucky with something of value. And with the daily dash, sometimes I get cool things, sometimes I do not. One can never know what RNG Jesus has in store for them xD

I think the RNG rate stinks, there must be a better method that is more equal to the entire population, some seem to have all the luck and others who have been to every daily of the event dont have enough. Possibly adding one to the completed daily set.. a fixed rate.. remove the RNG.. a little more thought.. 

I feel like people read too quick what I wrote, or just didn't understand it.  Most of you saying 'I get tons of gems it's ez' are basically proving my point.  You won't be buying the chocolate obviously. 

And the others like me who hasn't gotten 10 choco a single time (I'm also premium and get extra spin) and won't have enough chocolate even if I buy all the chocolate package there is, obviously won't be buying them either.  

It's like there's no in between, you either get it easily or you don't at all, if people think it's a fair event, or ncwest's marketing is good, well .... ok.

I have ~50-50-30 hearts on 3 chars so far and 10 of them in mail from dash and from stone of wisdom bundle. If you doing daily quest every day, you need only 4 crits in 21 days to get the gem. One crit each 5 days. Plus you can increase your chances by doing it on alt chars which are up to 4 for free. You need lvl 16 to do the event quest, lvl 16 is doable in hour or two. Nuff said, who really wants the gem, he will get it.

3 hours ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

New players have only 2 slots (IF im correct). Most of the older players have 4, because they got temporary 2 for free, as the new classes (wl, sf) were introduced here.

wait what? so the oldies get 2 slot char free while new player just have 2 slot? no wonder those ppl talking about having lots of alts i thought they buying the add char slot..hmph im just a unlucky new player then having 2 char slot only haha

Archived