Weap and Acc progression is a mistake

SilentOne

Ok. I wrote wall of text, then i re-readed it and then i deleted it cuz nobody would read it anyway. So i will write TL;DR version right now.

Quest line is very boring now. Till lvl 45 where u get upgradeable weapon it feels like some oldschool java mobile rpg from 2005. And even with ivory weapon, without upgradeable accessories it is so linear it hurts. There are no joy in getting everything without any effort.

No narrows, no hujikar, no brightstone, no profane farm. I'm not saying it was always enjoyable fun, but now? Progressing the weapon was the main part of fun and satisfaction while questing.

When we reach 80% of the current quest story, we are all at the very same gear lvl. Act 4, Chapter 1: The Road to Darkness give us 1st and last upgradeable item before legendary. Where are the variety? Compared to other MMORPG's was bns gear progression quite limited even before this patch, but now it is even worse. Like 'Here, get this and finish the story line, then you can start really gearing your character'.

Summed up, first few hours of plaiyng (till Act 4 Chapter 1) is this game only 'kill this, bring this, talk to this' with zero variety gear wise.

Like java mobile game from 2006? I guess world of warcraft, AION, Tera and other MMO are java games too. All MMO gives you gear from quests. Dungeons are optional. If you want better gear, then do them. Same with Narrows and Hujicar. If you want good weapon you go and farm. If quesline is boring, you can skip all cutscenes by pressing esc and all dialogues with F. No one forces you to read or watch cutscenes if you don't like too.

Brightstone ruins and stuff is old content..those who need better weapons or recipes farms them. But it's old and outdated content.

All has same weapons? No one care what you get at lv 40. Its low level anyway. It's fun how they claim that Hongmoon levels are nothing when after HM3 you get 7AP increse each level. Compared to levels. Well...base AP of level 50 HM1 is 80. While AP of HM10 is 123. Extra 55 AP. Thats 5AP/level. If they followed that system base AP of level 50 should've been at least 275...yeah. Hongmoon level gives more AP than normal. Only way they are different from levels are: thereally are no Hongmoon level requirements for weapon.   There are still at least 5 different legendary weapons which aren't released along with stage 12 baleful/seraph. There are still lots to do. Upgrade pet. Upgrade soul. Upgrade weapon. Everything at lv45? Good. It's possible to reach it in less than week even with weakened gear.

Oh  and I like the way it is now.  You used to progress Epic weapon from level 1. Epics shouldn't be so easy to get. In all games if you want epic weapon go kill raid, but not use it at starting OP weapon. Level 5 with 100 AP. Come on...that's ridiculous. Lv 5 has like 8AP as base AP. Giving weapon which makes him stronger 12 times...thats just stupid. It's like being 1500AP at lv50...

4 hours ago, SilentOne said:

Ok. I wrote wall of text, then i re-readed it and then i deleted it cuz nobody would read it anyway. So i will write TL;DR version right now.

Quest line is very boring now. Till lvl 45 where u get upgradeable weapon it feels like some oldschool java mobile rpg from 2005. And even with ivory weapon, without upgradeable accessories it is so linear it hurts. There are no joy in getting everything without any effort.

No narrows, no hujikar, no brightstone, no profane farm. I'm not saying it was always enjoyable fun, but now? Progressing the weapon was the main part of fun and satisfaction while questing.

You really complaining about less farming bosses for evo wpn till rng goddess smiles upon you..?

4 hours ago, SilentOne said:

When we reach 80% of the current quest story, we are all at the very same gear lvl. Act 4, Chapter 1: The Road to Darkness give us 1st and last upgradeable item before legendary. Where are the variety? Compared to other MMORPG's was bns gear progression quite limited even before this patch, but now it is even worse. Like 'Here, get this and finish the story line, then you can start really gearing your character'.

Summed up, first few hours of plaiyng (till Act 4 Chapter 1) is this game only 'kill this, bring this, talk to this' with zero variety gear wise.

Where did you see gear variety before? Everyone had hongmoon weapon zero gear variety then either.

I actually miss farming the weps and the accessories needed to progress my gears :c

+I tried after the patch to lvup my destroyer... thought would b nice n smooth... easier... faster... o_O gave up @ lv14 coz her ap was SO low it pissed me off :D

unless I'd give her a +25~35 ap gem ... it's just ridiculous lol

idk how I suppose kill sh*t when she barely does any damage >.<

at least before we had the wep to progress from lv1 and my ap was quite decent lol

now idk with what weps I suppose "work with" till they give me ivorymoon gears >.<

I miss farming poh and bsh... the 24man version of both...

sure it wasn't always rainbows and unicorns especially when u didn't get the RIGHT weapon for your class unless spending on keys xD

but it felt rewarding when finally got it lol

nowadays game areas till u reach 50 or even 50 hm10+ I'd say lol game feels bit ghostown in the low/old dungeons lol

and another thing ~ since I rerolled to bd since patch and now I need tormented weapon for her (+some other alts that I want to progress to certain ap to have more toons to farm for me...)

I haven't done many lair/den/necro runs on my bd yet...

maybe 1~3 runs of each of these dngs but...

NOT A SINGLE TORMENT WEAPON BOX OR WEAPON DROP !!!!

is it on purpose to p*ss off us players or a bug or what?

coz before patch I'd get chromatic occursed tormented boxes almost in EVERY run with my toons now I need thank rngesus to even get a SINGLE drop????

wth???

>.< 

24 minutes ago, PKaBoo said:

I actually miss farming the weps and the accessories needed to progress my gears :c

+I tried after the patch to lvup my destroyer... thought would b nice n smooth... easier... faster... o_O gave up @ lv14 coz her ap was SO low it pissed me off :D

unless I'd give her a +25~35 ap gem ... it's just ridiculous lol

idk how I suppose kill sh*t when she barely does any damage >.<

at least before we had the wep to progress from lv1 and my ap was quite decent lol

now idk with what weps I suppose "work with" till they give me ivorymoon gears >.<

I miss farming poh and bsh... the 24man version of both...

sure it wasn't always rainbows and unicorns especially when u didn't get the RIGHT weapon for your class unless spending on keys xD

but it felt rewarding when finally got it lol

nowadays game areas till u reach 50 or even 50 hm10+ I'd say lol game feels bit ghostown in the low/old dungeons lol

and another thing ~ since I rerolled to bd since patch and now I need tormented weapon for her (+some other alts that I want to progress to certain ap to have more toons to farm for me...)

I haven't done many lair/den/necro runs on my bd yet...

maybe 1~3 runs of each of these dngs but...

NOT A SINGLE TORMENT WEAPON BOX OR WEAPON DROP !!!!

is it on purpose to p*ss off us players or a bug or what?

coz before patch I'd get chromatic occursed tormented boxes almost in EVERY run with my toons now I need thank rngesus to even get a SINGLE drop????

wth???

>.< 

Meh, I leveled a KFM, today, from 1-16. The AP wasn't really an issue and I did use only what the quest lines provided and nothing from my main FM(HM11/792AP) to help. Some of it was frustrating but it went pretty fast. Will I continue on with KFM? Nope, this game is exceptionally punishing on the melee class and it isn't fun at all.

1 hour ago, PKaBoo said:

kfm is strictly for pvp I'd say xD

in pve it's torture... for most melee classes pve is torture lol

Melee is torture? No baby, u don't know what fun play really is all about xD 

About the upgrades... at least the jewels should be upgradeable as the weapons are idk... it makes you choose between stuff better... if you don't have anything else to level u just up your weapon then straight legendary stuff, kinda sad really... so many maps and stuff for nothing? No i prefer that quests take u to lots of places so that you really know the story behind the game. Besides you say "if u want better weapon u farm it " but like with the weapon the game is giving you now, or the accs, there is no need at all to farm new weapons, that's the thing about it.

The problem that BNS had was that weapon progression was complex for some and required lots of work and coins to upgrade.

This created an issue where many players would get stuck with moonwater gear while trying to do silverfrost content.

The story it was not too much of an issue depending on your class, but players could not really do purple level dungeons in silverfrost due to lack of ap. At the same time, not everyone wanted to have a bunch lf low level ap players in their dungeon runs. This created lots of drama and grief for both high and low ap players. Mainly due to DC was available to everyone at lvl 50, and thats kind of a best way to make coins these days. But if you dont have the coins to upgrade gear and no one wants to run with you since your low ap, well.... its not fun.

So this patch made it easier for everyone to be able to get into silverfrost content with Silverfrost weapon and able to enjoy dungeons much more equally with everyone. It doesnt means its super easy to get to legendary gear right now, its easier but your now able to farm your SilverFrost purple dungeons so that you can enjoy higher level content.

As someone with 5 characters and leveled all of them pre upgrade removal and now testing the changes on a 6th character... there's almost no difference in difficulty, the only thing that changed is how long fights last and that you take more damage because they last longer. However, in most areas where a fight is "hard", there's usually useable items nearby to aid you (bombs or guns) or drop from other mobs. My assassin is not using anything besides the single ruby a quest gave her and the random accessories that she's gotten plus the quest reward weapon, she's of course, squishy so I have to plan out how I'm going to deal with groups of enemies. And it's damn nice that I don't have to waste space on every blue and purple dropped weapon because I'll need it for some stage of upgrading, saves time money and unnecessary stress.

So for all you QQers about the changes, I love them, stop whining about not being able to kill something in 3 seconds like before compared to 8-10 seconds after the changes. For outdoor bosses, find other players or skip them and for dungeons, use F8 instead of trying to solo that stuff.

Can't please everyone. One side complains about the previous upgrade progression, another side complains about how it's too easy now(for some odd reason thats a problem?)

It's suppose to get you up to speed to do Silverfrost/later content in a more fashionable time since the previous upgrade progression relied on RNG to get past some Weapon upgrades and doing dead content. But if you're honestly going to complain about it becoming easier for you or anyone that's new/making an alt then I don't have much else to say.

7 hours ago, Meginb said:

So for all you QQers about the changes, I love them, stop whining about not being able to kill something in 3 seconds like before compared to 8-10 seconds after the changes. For outdoor bosses, find other players or skip them and for dungeons, use F8 instead of trying to solo that stuff.

Funny how you talking about finding other players while current lvling is more solo-friendly than ever. I'm lvl 44 now and i have not done single dungeon, not even narrows or tomb of exiles, because you simply don't need it cuz everything is handed to you through yellow quests. Same for field bosses, you don't need to kill them anymore, so why bother? (not talking about outfits which you can farm later on high lvl)

Currently im lvling a sin and atm im lvl 30 with deva weapon... at first i was angry cause viridian coast was very fast to let behind now you need to learn the skills and use them, but after i got the blight weapon, tomun range was like before and same as scorching sands (im still in scorching sands, but im like 70-80% of content cause i know what to skip)... so in my opinion the only "downside" of this change is the viridian coast but after (if u get blight weapon) you'll be like before. I wont deny that lvling as a sin compared to other classes is easy the only thing u need to do is entry stealth and rmb+f... so it's kind of fast and easy, problem, no AoE but u kill very fast and u arent taking dmg.

1 hour ago, SilentOne said:

Funny how you talking about finding other players while current lvling is more solo-friendly than ever. I'm lvl 44 now and i have not done single dungeon, not even narrows or tomb of exiles, because you simply don't need it cuz everything is handed to you through yellow quests. Same for field bosses, you don't need to kill them anymore, so why bother? (not talking about outfits which you can farm later on high lvl)

So... your point is that even with the changes, it's still easy as heck to solo? I was saying for those who want to do that stuff, that's what you're supposed to do now if you can't do it alone. Did Plague Hallows and Lakeside Cache several times today since a bunch of new players needed help with it, still not using anything but the equipment I've picked up or recieved from questing. :P

Umm, that change was done months ago.. that didn't just start with the removal of Hongmoon Weapons/Accessories. You only saw people doing that content because they had no choice or it was a high level grinding a second weapon for the heck of it. It makes sense to phase out stuff that people were already skipping in favor of getting them to 50 with decent gear so they can play with everyone else... if only they'd fix the crappy DC schedule and phase out the old Silverfrost content no one bothers with now either...

Next time I try a new character will be when gunner is released. As an old player I very much doubt that the new way of progressing to 50 will bother me seeing as I will skip by it as quickly as possible. Perhaps I would have to hear from a totally new player how they feel about the game in its early levels?

On 2/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, SilentOne said:

You're 1 year too late. Back in the good old days (lvl 45 patch), you required most pre-level 50 dungeons/field bosses and those areas were always full of players. Those days were fun (grinding was more rewarding and story quest was not fully required to catch up).

But since the lvl 50 patch hit, most of those grinds became outdated and you had to do story til Act 4 to catch up to everyone.

The best solution would be to streamline the mediocre quests ("kill this, bring this, talk to this, windstride there and back") and make each Act like 10 chapters or so (maybe excluding silverfrost Act 4). 

FYI, the quest weapons are just trash fillers til you get to silverfrost (Act 4) where the real grind/game starts. 

16 minutes ago, Azaazel said:

FYI, the quest weapons are just trash fillers til you get to silverfrost (Act 4) where the real grind/game starts. 

That's the problem. inb4 you could upgrade your wep + accessories from 1 to 50. Now first 45 lvls is 100% boredom with prescribed gear where the only variegation are skill points. (And maybe story line for the one who doing it first time)

at legendary stages it starts being really interesting, basic gear now kinda starts at legends, so yeah why not streamline and simplify old ones, make it easy, its great, and all games do this

finally its easy to have alts somewhat geared, and variety starts at legendary weapon, 2 types, and then bt accesories - element

so builds may vary

I have played MMO's since MMO's

I see this same thing happen over and over:

The original game has certain things to make you work, like walking a lot in WoW before you could get that first ride.

THEN everyone QQ'd and they made it super easy to get a bunch of more advanced stuff more quickly

the bots that travelled thru the scenery to mine ores is why I quit WoW. my empire was based on crafting and scavenging, so I lose.

played PWI. that classic back and forth levelling thing for all those essential quests, and farming these rep points one by one to get that rep gear, then all of a sudden you can buy rep, skip all the BS quests to get to endgame (in Chinese "endgame"  means " wai big money compared to lowbie meh") I think these Koreans are learning Chinese haha.

PWI turned into a blatant cash grab so I walked...I lose.

and here we go in this game. they had to speed the progression as the original players advance further and further and make it hopeless for new players.

I am seeing a pattern which tells me, don't join a game until at least 1 year after it has been launched because they will erase everything you worked really hard for to make the path smoother for new players after a year or so anyway.  every game so far has done this. 

Archived