DPS METER

Windman

Please why can we not get a personal dps meter outside of 4/24-man? What if I want to know whether my build changes are having a better result or not, I cant just attack training dummies and figure if my whole rotation works better than before. Just give us a shortcut to enable personal dps meter anywhere pretty please. Im having a really hard time currently deciding whether the elemental earring is being better or not...

3 hours ago, Windman said:

Please why can we not get a personal dps meter outside of 4/24-man? What if I want to know whether my build changes are having a better result or not, I cant just attack training dummies and figure if my whole rotation works better than before. Just give us a shortcut to enable personal dps meter anywhere pretty please. Im having a really hard time currently deciding whether the elemental earring is being better or not...

Do Mushin Floor 1-15, there is a DPS meter.

i think it could be solved by dummy which is tagged as boss, somehow... in some solo instance

it would be very helpful to determine builds, rotations, otw it takes really really long time... atm acrimor is kinda optimal for this, just sitting in mid all the time, but not for all classes - but to change builds and test it, you gotta run 4man foundry many many times

about elemental earrings, i suggest use plain math, its easy to calculate if its better or not, but need to count 50-60 perc uptime of weapon cdmg buff, 15 perc uptime soulburns, and other buffs, usually ele earring wins by few perc dps gain, if you have high crit damage - soul stage 6+, leg necklace + leg citadel ring, but for some classes like fm, it wins even with lower crit damage

i'm old skool simple simon:

if the boss is chasing me,  my DPS mojo is rolling

but seriously, my first massive game was WoW and it was all about the dps

I have kept that with me and it serves me well in this game

I love it when some studly stud shows me how awesome they know their skills and holds the boss in the air for like 6 seconds

you have no idea how much damage I can pump into that boss in that time while they are doing zero damage

I have my bread n butter skills which lay out damage faster than any other rotation.

the big enders are just for opportunistic times,

but the less people that realize this, since there is no mention of pure dps, the better for me.

That's why I get max essence from like pinchy usually even when I am against a higher geared dweeb that wants to show me they are too cool to get more essence than me bwahaha

I agree with Charlie here. I too am an old school WoW player and remember a time before it was ruined by Cataclysm. I play Guild Wars and TERA also and constantly out DPS some of the DPS losers out there that think they are kicking so much booty but either do not know their actual DPS or refuse to see that they have lost the agro to someone with less AP than them. A DPS meter will not fix anything, all one will do and has done in other games is create more elitist scumbags that will start to rage at you when your dps falls short of what they think you need to be doing. I like the way it is now and feel that no change is needed to the ingame meter.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:11 AM, Windman said:

+1 for personal DPS meter (only visible to yourself to prevent elitism)

Sure we got some in mushin's tower, but mushin's tower =/= dungeons, quests, ToI, etc. (not really needed for Arena or 6v6). It would be nice to see numbers to get a sense of what rotations/builds/gear work best for specific dungeons/modes.

35 minutes ago, MegaMouseGW said:

I agree with Charlie here. I too am an old school WoW player and remember a time before it was ruined by Cataclysm. I play Guild Wars and TERA also and constantly out DPS some of the DPS losers out there that think they are kicking so much booty but either do not know their actual DPS or refuse to see that they have lost the agro to someone with less AP than them. A DPS meter will not fix anything, all one will do and has done in other games is create more elitist scumbags that will start to rage at you when your dps falls short of what they think you need to be doing. I like the way it is now and feel that no change is needed to the ingame meter.

But with a personal dps meter only showing your damage this shouldn't be a problem... In 4man when you need the help of others 100% it's okay to compare who's trying less than others but with 6 man, whoever claiming to be the best should quit parties and solo all the dungeons...  I remember something awful from tera, with the new dungeons and some lag, someone called out to me and asked why did I make less damage than the person next to me with same class and I had no idea he could see that... All while complaining how he did like 30% of the damage and I was like "holy **** dude, take it easy" so I know what you're talking about ... But with a personal dps meter, only the harkor players who would take out the calculators would brag about dps but only their own.

Archived