Suggestion For Weapon Upgrades

GodEnyo

Could we have vendors added for the breakthrough weapons that are acquired through chests? The way it would work is to have a vendor whom you can sell weapons to for a corresponding token, and to purchase a specific weapon would cost 9 tokens since there are 9 different weapons, or 10 to keep it even. For example, if you need a Chromatic Bangle, but receive 9 Chromatic weapons for the wrong class, you can trade them in for Chromatic Tokens to purchase the Chromatic Bangle. This idea seems most fair to me as the weapons are not being "handed to you." They still require farming, this only limits the RNG aspect to a more fair and minimum chance of 1 out 9.

Personally, I'm making this post because I was stuck farming the Tormented weapon for several days with no luck until I just used the Yeti weapon and double the material costs, and I tend to play many more hours than others. No, I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking for a more fair method than what we're offered.

Know somebody might say something about "brilliant keys" or some other crap.

While we are at it they could also make the bloody things account bound like 90% of the game should be and should've been from the get go. Played older games with more QoL things then this one has. 

2 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Know somebody might say something about "brilliant keys" or some other crap.

While we are at it they could also make the bloody things account bound like 90% of the game should be and should've been from the get go. Played older games with more QoL things then this one has. 

I guess that mindset is why nothing is changed in every game with potential, you always have those kiss-ups who try to justify and defend something no matter how unreasonable. "If you don't like bad option A, there's bad option B, and if you don't like either then you want a handout." um, no, I don't mind farming, but there's a limit to how much time people will tolerate having to spend.

And really, I did consider using a key, but the 2nd option was cheaper than that even though it was still expensive for me. And many people aren't going to be ok with either farming hours a day for possibly over a week for 1 upgrade or spending 50-80g a. The few nice people I've met were all from leveling and either quit because they didn't like such a time-consuming grind or having to pay a lot, or were just alts and already established.

17 hours ago, GodEnyo said:

I guess that mindset is why nothing is changed in every game with potential, you always have those kiss-ups who try to justify and defend something no matter how unreasonable. "If you don't like bad option A, there's bad option B, and if you don't like either then you want a handout." um, no, I don't mind farming, but there's a limit to how much time people will tolerate having to spend.

And really, I did consider using a key, but the 2nd option was cheaper than that even though it was still expensive for me. And many people aren't going to be ok with either farming hours a day for possibly over a week for 1 upgrade or spending 50-80g a. The few nice people I've met were all from leveling and either quit because they didn't like such a time-consuming grind or having to pay a lot, or were just alts and already established.

Whoa there pedro o,O~I wasnt telling you to use keys. I was simply stating that would probably be one reason given by others. 

8 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Whoa there pedro o,O~I wasnt telling you to use keys. I was simply stating that would probably be one reason given by others. 

I'm sorry, that wasn't at all directed at you. I was just venting, I got pretty irritated I guess with the posts I saw and amount of time I wasted to just end up spending what was a lot of gold to me. I understood what you meant, that others may use that excuse that at least there is an option B, so I was replying that their mindset is why nothing gets changed.

You could say the vendor option is the brilliant key (after so many failed runs you will accumulate the gold required to get the guaranteed weapon). 

But yeah, I agree. Even with the recent streamline, there should be another option guaranteed option after so many failed chests. I'm leveling up an alt and the drop rate for tormented weapon chest is low and chest have a 89%  (8/9) chance of failing....also ~160g (~50% of the total upgrade cost) for 2 keys is hard for new comers especially those stuck in ~450 AP.

TL?;DR version: What's the point of streamlining weapons if newbies/alts will still be held back by RNG (upgrade weapon chest)? 

5 hours ago, Azaazel said:

You could say the vendor option is the brilliant key (after so many failed runs you will accumulate the gold required to get the guaranteed weapon). 

But yeah, I agree. Even with the recent streamline, there should be another option guaranteed option after so many failed chests. I'm leveling up an alt and the drop rate for tormented weapon chest is low and chest have a 89%  (8/9) chance of failing....also ~160g (~50% of the total upgrade cost) for 2 keys is hard for new comers especially those stuck in ~450 AP.

TL?;DR version: What's the point of streamlining weapons if newbies/alts will still be held back by RNG (upgrade weapon chest)? 

If only it were true that you accumulated enough gold to buy a key after a ton of runs, but anything of value that drops will have high bidders, so a newbie won't be earning much other than gold each day from the daily quests. At ~450 AP, I'm assuming you need the first upgrade that requires a Tormented weapon, for me it was cheaper to the Yeti weapon for the breakthrough using double the amount of materials. That way cost me about 50g, and the key is 80-100g  in the marketplace and about the same via buying Hongmoon Coins at 6:1 - 7:1

7 hours ago, Azaazel said:

Timewalling the content makes money. This is the new f2p model : timewalls.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:39 PM, KzE said:

Timewalling the content makes money. This is the new f2p model : timewalls.

Well they use a terrible timewall. And it's not even a real timewall, it's just rigged/random(same thing) number generators seeming to give your own class weapons much less often than 1 out of 9 times with all the complaints. The true time wall is gathering all the materials and gold to evolve your accessories, weapon and soul and I have 0 complaints with that. Time gates for a "free-to-play" game are fine and necessary sometimes to earn a profit, but they have a few frustrating and unnecessary inconveniences to just milk out an extra dime at the expensive of our enjoyment. With the ridiculous AP requirements on everything, even clan recruitment, and elitist attitudes new players see, by the time they reach 50+ and try to catch up in AP to do more with others, well their "timewall" is probably where the few new friends I made decided the game isn't worth playing.

Archived