Timing of Disconnects

SauronTheGreat

Well, needed to express my anger since this has started to happen too frequently.

We all know ncwest servers are trash and they can kick you out of game anytime. Disconnect, is not a surprise for this kind of cheap servers and we got used to it. But, their timing is so perfect that it makes you think these trash servers evolved a brain and started to grief people.

Lately, all disconnects started to occur only at times where they can hurt, like during loot-bids where there is a lucky/expensive drop or at the last boss of long dungeons etc. Basically, if i was the server and wanted to grief some people, i would pick exactly these times to make my move.

rrjxcm.jpg

Just an example, not a big deal tbh. Dc during last bosses hurts way more.

What's worse, it has been decades people suggesting some kind of disconnect protection which about %99 of other games have even if their servers are decent compared to these cheap dumps, only to be ignored.

Not that i expect anyone in ncwest to care about that. I 'll just keep posting a ss followed by a big wall of text, everytime this nonsense keeps going on.

It looks like you have an unstable internet. Sometimes, if your internet lost signal for like 1-2 seconds, you get disconnected from server in game. However, with internet lost signal for like 1-2 seconds, you wouldn't feel it if you are just using internet for other purposes like browsing around or watching youtube.

It happened to my internet source few years back when it constantly lost signal for like 1-2 seconds and then re-connected back. It only affects online player the most.

13 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It looks like you have an unstable internet. Sometimes, if your internet lost signal for like 1-2 seconds, you get disconnected from server in game. However, with internet lost signal for like 1-2 seconds, you wouldn't feel it if you are just using internet for other purposes like browsing around or watching youtube.

It happened to my internet source few years back when it constantly lost signal for like 1-2 seconds and then re-connected back. It only affects online player the most.

It happens to me too and only after last patch. My internet is very good, I can steam and play any other online game w/o problems. In bns I get random spikes and then it's normal again. Go figure.

31 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

I 've already stated somewhere that i work in technical department of a well-known hardware brand. Besides, there is no need to be an expert here, to know if you have unstable internet connection or are connecting to a trash server.

I mark your post as an insult and won't be taking you seriously hereafter.

2 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

I 've already stated somewhere that i work in technical department of a well-known hardware brand. Besides, there is no need to be an expert here, to know if you have unstable internet connection or are connecting to a trash server.

I mark your post as an insult and won't be taking you seriously hereafter.

Where did you state that you work in technical department in this post? At least I don't see it in your opening post. Also, there is no way to check the history of all your old posts before I make my comment anyways.

For the disconnection issue, if it is on the company's server side, then everyone will have the same problems as you. However, at least I never have disconnects problem from my end. So, whose problem is it?

My comment is just a suggestion. If you don't take it, it is fine. I don't care, but if you feel that my little suggestion is an insult, then I have nothing to say. Finally, good luck and keep complains about your disconnection. 

This used to happen to me too.  I got Prio, a process priority saver and set up the affinity and set up BNS processes so GameGuard runs on its own core.  Details are in this post:

After 64-bit came I tried disabling the set up because I'm down one core.  However, I got disconnected a lot.  So, back I went. 

Now that they are playing games with client.exe visibility, I'm not sure this solution will work for you.

17 minutes ago, SauronTheGreat said:

33u4p5l.jpg

Thanks.

This can't be a coincidence, can it? Because i always DC on that boss as well and its either when we are waiting for hae to recover his chi after we beat the boss (forcing me to repeat the entire dungeon) or on 25% HP

Maybe its a glitch?  

i had the same thing last weekend a lot, mainly when ever i was on the 3rd or 4th boss in msp and only when it was about to die, I stopped doing msp for a few days and it seems better now. I still get random disconnects just not on the boss in msp.

if it repeats specifically for several people consistently = glitch

if it happens for everyone= server side trouble or main internet section that the game servers connect to (ie like DDoS attacks etc)

if one person is having trouble all alone = something on their end

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and on the lighter side (in my best Rodney Dangerfield voice)

" I tell ya, I get no respect, take this sauron for instance, well go ahead, take him... (canned laughter goes here)

Oh, and sauron, stay away from me in the bar.   I don't need you tripping over your ego and bumping me and making me spill my beer.

I tell ya, it's rough out there.

also, you forgot to state that you work in the shipping dept.(moar canned laughter goes here)"

#pwnage#

I love people that have no earthly clue about IT infrastructure.

Just curious, how is it you think a "cheap" server causes more disconnects than an "expensive" one? What is it, technically, going on under the hood, that you think is causing this? Just an FYI as well, a gaming environment is not a single "server".

List of things that could cause disconnect:

1) packet loss from any number of sources. ie: Any router in your path from your ISP to the gaming server.

2) Poorly written software that isn't scaling or rife with bugs

3) network attacks like DDOS

4) Faulty hardware, like your made by the lowest bidder cable modem or wal-mart PC

5) Misconfigurations both in hardware and software

6) Human errors

"cheap" server. lmao.

Archived