Yeti weapon box drop rate in Yeti 6man

Septy

So I decided to make an alt with the new feb 8 system. All was nice and smooth and I got hm4 in just a few days. With my P2W gems, soul and ivory weapon stage 10 Im at 504ap.

Next logical step is to upgrade weapon to awaken ivory. Went to yeti 6man to get yeti weapon... I must have done 25-30 runs between yesterday and today, I have not gotten a single yeti weapon box from dynamic quest. The yeti box is even more rare than torment which I have gotten about 2-3.

Can you guys look into yeti weapon box drop rate on the loot table. Im pretty sure it's broken, this is starting to annoy me

41 minutes ago, Septy said:

Yes, I have to leech my clan for yeti4 runs. Weapons in 4men drop like candy. But what is the average player going to do?

Agreed. I have done this since 2 days ago like this and after 40 runs I only got 1/2 Tormented weapons I needed for my upgrades. New people are pretty much forced to buy keys from market that cost 100g+.

with 500 of power you should be able to do yeti 4 man already. Thing is people gotta know and be able to do mech, you can't blame the game for that. I my self still have issues with Yeti 4 men sometimes, mostly due to my almost 300 ping, but i'm pretty sure that if people were to focus more on mechanics, you'd be able to do it already. 

1 hour ago, Luna Latte said:

with 500 of power you should be able to do yeti 4 man already. Thing is people gotta know and be able to do mech, you can't blame the game for that. I my self still have issues with Yeti 4 men sometimes, mostly due to my almost 300 ping, but i'm pretty sure that if people were to focus more on mechanics, you'd be able to do it already. 

I don't think issue is that 500 AP wouldn't be able to do it but the attitude of the people towards 500s. It is close to impossible to get 4man runs with pugs so the only proper solution is to find a clan who is willing to do such and let's be honest the attitude even in clans is not the best. It will get tiring to just "carry" a 500AP player who has poor DPS and the whole team can see it. Even if the player did the mechanics correctly and didn't die it is still punishing as people can see the DPS and there has been recently DPS elitism in the game. Mostly it is secret between friends but sometimes I have seen people nagging "why is your DPS so poor for your level" and so on.

Bigger issue is the player who is at Ivorymoon and is in need of Tormented weapon. These players are way below 500 AP and people won't accept those players in 4-mans and even in Asura/Masts/Gloom 6-mans it is rare to see people staying in party with 4xx AP players.

Also I am now at 60 runs of 4-man Yeti and around 20-30 runs in 6-mans before that. The droprate of Tormented boxes is insanely low where I got to see only handful of boxes and only one of my class' Tormented weapon. Players are forced to choose between farming 100ish time 4-man for 2x of these weapons, buying a 100-130 g key or using double the materials for the upgrade. The low droprate of the boxes in 6-mans is not really welcoming to new players at all.

4 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I don't think issue is that 500 AP wouldn't be able to do it but the attitude of the people towards 500s. It is close to impossible to get 4man runs with pugs so the only proper solution is to find a clan who is willing to do such and let's be honest the attitude even in clans is not the best. It will get tiring to just "carry" a 500AP player who has poor DPS and the whole team can see it. Even if the player did the mechanics correctly and didn't die it is still punishing as people can see the DPS and there has been recently DPS elitism in the game. Mostly it is secret between friends but sometimes I have seen people nagging "why is your DPS so poor for your level" and so on.

Bigger issue is the player who is at Ivorymoon and is in need of Tormented weapon. These players are way below 500 AP and people won't accept those players in 4-mans and even in Asura/Masts/Gloom 6-mans it is rare to see people staying in party with 4xx AP players.

Also I am now at 60 runs of 4-man Yeti and around 20-30 runs in 6-mans before that. The droprate of Tormented boxes is insanely low where I got to see only handful of boxes and only one of my class' Tormented weapon. Players are forced to choose between farming 100ish time 4-man for 2x of these weapons, buying a 100-130 g key or using double the materials for the upgrade. The low droprate of the boxes in 6-mans is not really welcoming to new players at all.

I know people people are stupid and can't do it right, and all that dmg stuff. But that happens even with high ap players. And with this new method of leveling up you should be forced to learn how to really play the game, unlike me and a lot of people who actually are struggling to do some dungeons because the game just made it so easy to get so far... it's what i'm meaning here. That by doing this people learn better, so when we need to go to Ebondrake Cidatel or Desolate we get better players. 

This thread wasnt one about me. I've been playing this game for a year. I have 8 characters level 50. I know how to do yeti 4men lulz

It's more to bring awareness to ncsoft that I noticed a big and frustrating wall for new players. A normal new player wouldnt have 500ap with stage 10 ivory, so it's safe to agree yeti4 run is out of the question for the average player.

I found it really st00ped that the expensive yeti upgrade is much harder to get than torment. At least I have gotten a few torment. The chance for yeti box is lower then torment.. Lower to non-existent... That was my issue and someone needs to check the drop % chance on the dynamic box (In 6men, just to be crystal clear)

I have an alt as well and i reached 504 ap  with my op gems from the main exact like Septy.  And then i started farm yeti 6 man for the weapon. I was just trying to get yeti or tormented weapon don't care about the cost. Well believe me it was nightmare  i did more than 50 + runs and i didn't saw my weapon at all. Then i was like i need to go 4 man yeti.... And guess what??! Doesn't matter if i can do it with closed eyes the moment people saw my AP  left from the pt i was recruiting >.< . So people rather take players with higher AP that doesn't know the mechanics at all, than a player who have done thousands of time Yeti but have little lesser AP. Well all i can SAY GOOD LUCK TO YOU NEW PLAYERS!!! It's good to have clan and friends or u're screwed. I asked friend to help me and we did 4 man yeti duo faster/ and better than a full 6 man party and i got my Yeti weapon  from the first run. 

MAN!I can't believe this thread was made yesterday, I'm like you man, I have a BM hongmoon 10 and warlock HM 8, but I wanted to take the chance with this update to go back to my FM (now HM2) but I'm stuck with the stupid yeti too... At first, I was going full Frozen fang to get the Tormented but the box doesn't always drop so I went for yeti because it drops tormented AND yeti weapon ( you have to use more materials but at this point, do I care?). But after some very awful tries what do I get? a yeti dagger with the active quest... AND I'VE NOT SEEN THE FIRST WEAPON FROM THE BOSS ITSELF.

So... The drop rate is awful, but there are 3 things that make this really really freaking annoying, one would be...Our hongmoon lvl, you're lower than 5? that means you have a terminal contagious disease and people will avoid you, I was kicked from a party without ap requirement (I have 491) by a ****ing hongmoon 5 with 385ap...... HE WAS USING THE TORMENTED WEAPON AS MAIN WEAPON! AND HE THOUGHT I WASN'T WORTHY OF HIS PARTY! that was disgusting to be honest.

Second would be the mechs in Yeti, easily one of the most annoying in the game (I avoid it with my hm10) with all the freeze, the fact that you can't kd or fail to stun or stay too far away bcoz of the plants AND avoid his last spam of ice, and you'll probably be playing with new players that don't even know what's dragon blood or for some reason they refuse to use it.

Third... And this is really weird, how come if you play in Fleet, tomb or if you play Asura... You get weapons 120% of the times? you'll receive a weapon for sure from these dungeons but yeti most of the times will spit in your efforts and throw you a ss with a refined pack of 5?

This part, this WALL is soooo annoying that I wouldn't mind buying the 80g key to open the tormented box when I get it... IF ONLY I DIDN'T NEED A SECOND TORMENTED WEAPON FOR THE NEXT EVOLUTION.

We're not asking you for compensation, just make it fun to play Ncsoft, to see these many people and the fact that I was going to make this exact thread if Septy didn't made it first, you must consider if something it's wrong.

Archived