Returning player

Spin2win

Me and my girlfriend plan on returning back to this game after almost a year since we had last quit. We decided to give it another shot since we're looking for another game to play and we decided why not give bns another try? So my questions to you guys are:

1) Is there server transfer now?

2) I am assuming there are new weapons? I left off on true pirate how long do you think it'll take for me to obtain the latest item?

3) Last time I checked summoners were extremely OP and annoying. So are they still op?

4) Population of taywong? Does anyone know?

5) How would you rate blade dancer? Are they useful?

6) Are players still doing the lower level dungeons? For those who are under geared?

7) Strongest class to beat at the moment? Don't tell me "it's all about the player" Last time I heard that here was completely bull when summoners were literally dropping almost every player except those who were actually very skilled.

Hi.

1) Yes there is, https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/shop/character-transfer/ 

2) The latest and best weapon are the Raven Legendary weapons but it's extremely expensive and difficult to reach. For an immediate upgrade, salvage your true pirate weapon. You'll receive the equivalent in the new weapon upgrade path.

3-5) Sorry I don't know.

6) Most likely not, they've done several changes to make it easier for new players. You get all your weapons from quests until you hit Silverfrost, where you get the new evolving weapon. Supposedly you also get accessories needed for upgrades from quests as well, but Silverfrost purple dungeons drop stronger accessories, with the best being Legendary accessories. You don't have to upgrade your hongmoon accessories anymore, but if you go all the way, you can salavage it at the end for legendary accessory upgrade materials.

7) Sorry I don't know.

Honestly, it's very unnecessary to transfer. The market is already cross server and all the important/hard dungeons are available in cross server dungeon. They've even already merged several servers too. The only benefit to transferring is if you want to play with a friend outside of dungeons, or if you want a different clan/dominant clan faction.

Well, I just logged in and i am completely lost. Did they increase the exp or something? Everyone's like hm11 now or something. I don't see much blade dancers either? Are they not strong anymore? I see more FM than any other class. I guess they would be the next op class or something? I wanted to return as a summoner, but a player had told me they're no longer strong.

1) Is there server transfer now?

Yup.  As seen in the other replies.

2) I am assuming there are new weapons? I left off on true pirate how long do you think it'll take for me to obtain the latest item?

Yup.  Not only there is a new path, but that path also got streamlined and reduced in upgrades as well.  Depending on what you mean by 'latest' item, will determine how long it takes.  But you can roughly spend a 2-3 months of casually playing to get high enough AP to do 'most' end-game content.  Again, depends on how efficient you are farming.

3) Last time I checked summoners were extremely OP and annoying. So are they still op?

They got nerfed a couple of times.  I don't PvP specifically so i can't tell you how how good they are still.  But regardless, it comes down to knowing how to play against the class, and it's been a common consensus that they kind of suck in PvP in higher ranking.

4) Population of taywong? Does anyone know?

Servers got merged into groups a few months ago combining 2-3 servers into one.  Taywong is now merged with Gunma/Master Hong.  I currently live in Gunma, and I don't have problems finding groups/parties for most end-game 24-mans.  Some of the earlier ones, might require some searching and shouting.

5) How would you rate blade dancer? Are they useful?

Blade Dancers are fun.  I used to main one, and I enjoy the fact that they can grab and can spec the most CC without losing too much DPS.  I always prefer to have BD to make a dungeon easier and run smoother.  They recently got some buffs as well, making their class pretty strong in both PvE and PvP.

6) Are players still doing the lower level dungeons? For those who are under geared?

If you're talking about 1-45 dungeons, not so much.  Story quests now give items to you to wear from 1-45ish so you don't have to worry about upgrading or farming low level dungeons for evolution items.  It is a bit difficult at first, but since you're pairing up with your gf, questing together should be easy :).

Also some dungeons like Blackram Narrows and Tomb of Exiles are in this thing called "Daily Challenge" which basically is a 'to-do' list for level 50+ players that people finish quests for in hopes of getting gold, as well as getting Heavenly Energies to exchange for high-level upgrade materials.  You shouldn't have problems finding groups in F8 for some of the other dungeons as well.

7) Strongest class to beat at the moment? Don't tell me "it's all about the player" Last time I heard that here was completely bull when summoners were literally dropping almost every player except those who were actually very skilled.

I mean, you just said it yourself.  Those who are skilled can beat any class.  PvP is always about the player and knowing what the class you're facing is capable of.  Summoners exploiting the fact that they can annoy people so much to the brink of quitting making them OP.  If you know how to fight them, you'll know what to do.  I personally haven't seen the rankings yet, so I can't say what the meta is.  I think the top 4 of last tournament had a BM, WL, SIN, and DES? 

---- (might as well answer this this)

Well, I just logged in and i am completely lost. Did they increase the exp or something? Everyone's like hm11 now or something. I don't see much blade dancers either? Are they not strong anymore? I see more FM than any other class. I guess they would be the next op class or something? I wanted to return as a summoner, but a player had told me they're no longer strong.

- They increased level cap, yes.  Max level now is HM 15 I believe.

- Tons of BD.  You're just pre-judging.

- FMs has always been OP and still are and still will be.

- Summoners are alright.  They got nerfed, but they are needed in a lot of end-game content.

Hi everyone, I'm planning to return as well, and this time I'm bringing a friend with me.

We're gonna start from zero, and since none of us have gold saved up (I only have 20 gold from back when I was playing), I was wondering: what's the best way to make money now if you're new to the game? I used to make coin with Merry Potters but I suppose that's not an alternative now. 

My old characters are at 521 AP (Summoner) and 467 (BM), can I still farm anything on them?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Yaong said:

Hi everyone, I'm planning to return as well, and this time I'm bringing a friend with me.

We're gonna start from zero, and since none of us have gold saved up (I only have 20 gold from back when I was playing), I was wondering: what's the best way to make money now if you're new to the game? I used to make coin with Merry Potters but I suppose that's not an alternative now. 

My old characters are at 521 AP (Summoner) and 467 (BM), can I still farm anything on them?

Thanks!

For fresh characters, best way to gain gold is doing story quests.  By the end of story, you'll have about 50-70g depending if you do all the side quests/dailies or skip them.  I wouldn't put too much effort into crafting.  It's good for 'residual' income, but not a 'farming' technique.

Your older characters are capable of running some easy purples like Lair of the Frozen Fang, Awakened Necropolis, Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate, Avalanche Den.  That can amount to at least 10g as well as farming some materials that will be needed for later upgrades.

Archived