An idea for 6v6 arena...

SkFy

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to make gear only count for like 10%/25% in 6v6 arena?
Really how is it fun to fight someone who needs 200hits to be killed while he can 3 hit you..

That gear helps a bit, ok.. but now it's just unbalanced as hel :/ and really no fun to do at all..

3 hours ago, SkFy said:

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to make gear only count for like 10%/25% in 6v6 arena?
Really how is it fun to fight someone who needs 200hits to be killed while he can 3 hit you..

That gear helps a bit, ok.. but now it's just unbalanced as hel :/ and really no fun to do at all..

6v6 is fine as the way it is. If you feel like you get killed easily, first, compare the gear with them. If you two have similar gears, then it is the skill different. If there are a big gap of gear difference, then it gives you motivation to gear up your character.

So, join 6v6 again when you have proper gear to compete with other people. In the mean time, practice your skills in F9 while gearing up your character in open world.

34 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

6v6 is fine as the way it is. If you feel like you get killed easily, first, compare the gear with them. If you two have similar gears, then it is the skill different. If there are a big gap of gear difference, then it gives you motivation to gear up your character.

So, join 6v6 again when you have proper gear to compete with other people. In the mean time, practice your skills in F9 while gearing up your character in open world.

Dude I played since beta I got tired of farming pve long ago...
Yes it's gear difference... my point is I need 200 hits (literally) to kill someone while they need 3 to kill me..

A bit of balance really wouldn't hurt anyone.. no point for differences this huge in an arena..

Keep the game fun for everyone, not just whales or people who farm their a.. off in pve

Would be great for anyone trying to play 6v6 (somewhat) competitively. Like its right now a lot of the very good ppl wont even play 6v6, player who otherwise would ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ everything in 6v6, because they have like bearly 400ap (like my hm9 sin alt).

However i myself dont really care as i dont enjoy the format, both 3v3 and 1v1 are *WAYYYY* better (just the fomat not taking gear into consiration). And i think ncsoft probably intended it to be a 'p2w' playground for pve players, otherwise it probably would not be inside the pve matcher.

it's not about being good when u need 200 hits to kill someone and he needs 3 for you... no matter how good u are eventually he gonna hit you 3x -.-

Or teammates show up after 5 min to help kill you...
Yes u can get Galaxy weap, and pvp soulshields which take forever to farm and then still aren't really useful if the rest of ur gear sucks ;s

It would just be a lot more fun if it would be balanced a bit better... not everyone has to be equal but the way it is now is just too much..

And rank 40 FM at 1on1 atm, didn't play for a week was 29 or higher... (playing different classes)
I'm not talking about people who are better... I understand the difference between gear and skills :/

Umm... Galaxy weapon + PvP Soul Shields (which don't take very long...) will take you a very long way.

And if 200 hits to kill someone while they can kill you in 3 is a foreign idea to you as an FM PvPer... I'm not sure what to tell you... cus that's just FM PvP life...

PS: F2P and currently rank 20 FM in the whale lagoon ;)

23 minutes ago, Mirryn said:

Umm... Galaxy weapon + PvP Soul Shields (which don't take very long...) will take you a very long way.

And if 200 hits to kill someone while they can kill you in 3 is a foreign idea to you as an FM PvPer... I'm not sure what to tell you... cus that's just FM PvP life...

How are they easy to get lol? to upgrade them all u need a s...load of galaxy fragments.. 60 just for soulshield 8... and u probably need like 5 of them before u maxed it out -.-
And then the fragments + honor for the weap -.-'

But ya, indeed FM...
663 AP, 102K HP 2,150 crit def... and still getting 3 hit :) (ok by a 850+, but it's still BS that doesn't belong in an arena.)
Hit him for minutes together with a destroyer, both using grab while the other hit him... maybe took 10% of his hp -.-'

Or vs a 800+KFM... fought him for like 5 minutes... nearly killed him.. then a summoner shows up and outheals the amount of damage I can do vs him :D (and no I wasn't hitting petal storm no.)

If gear would just count less in arena it would be so much more fun :/
So frustrating to totally outplay someone and then get facerolled in half a sec cause they whales/finally get help after 5min of having their ass kicked..

(Don't know how to cut videos @ twitch or would show both fights :/ instantly gave up on 6v6 again got better things to do then feed whales..)

They are easy to get because other than the 10 wins achievement you don't even have to set foot in 6v6 to get them.

You can farm Galaxy fragments from dailies / Zen Beans / Battle Points.

There's no getting around the high Honorary cos for the Galaxy weapon - but it's still probably less than 1/2 of what a dedicated PvEr has spent on a similar class weapon... and it will absolutely demolish most of them if you use it well.

Also a Restraint + FM should just about kill someone - if it didn't, something strange was a foot - restrained during Galaxy buff? saved by projectile/resist party skills? etc...

PS: You don't have to kill someone (or anyone even) in 6v6 to get the win - FMs have an absolutely devastating stall game too... and if you wasted an 850 AP whale's time for 5 whole minutes, that's 5 minutes that he's not blowing up anyone else on your team... if you kept the brazier / horn too... well now if your team can't win with that sort of lead... gonna just have to queue again and try again.

Dude, lets say u need shield 8 5x to max it out... that would be 300 galaxy fragments..
U get just over 1 for a 1on1 win (if ur gold) so that's like 250 1on1 wins just to max out that 1 soulshield...
+ ofc the one from daily, joy -.-'

And no, none of that..
He wasn't resisting.. he just took nearly no damage...
I know when I can and cannot hit as fm ;/ (or which skills can or cannot be used)

Sounds like Galaxy buff... dealing with Galaxy in 6v6 is a whole new gameplay scenario from anything you'll be used to from arena.

(because someone is going to take heavy damage from a restraint+FM combo, if they didn't, something saved them, and other than Galaxy no gear is strong enough to do that)

Since you pretty much can't kill a Galaxy user with buff up without OVERWHELMING firepower, and all their CDs get reset when it ends, so you can't just force their escapes and burn either (they'll use this to bait you and then use the reset to wipe the floor with you, for example)

And you don't need to max piece 8... wth, I only have pieces 1-5, and only piece 1 is perfect, because I haven't updated my PvP SS in over a month now.

Well, other than Galaxy weapon, it takes a confluence of events to not take heavy damage from restraint+FM...

a few possible contributing factors might be things like:

- not enough Pierce on your end - Pierce is the new meta in 6v6 - it helps to counter everything that reduces your damage, Galaxy, Legendary Pets, etc

- Legendary Pet proc - very short duration, if you restrained into this, same sort of problems, but it's got very low uptime

- troll PvP builds like evasion stacking will work to accomplish this if your accuracy is particularly low and your luck is bad

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah... the particular situation you're describing just bothered me - since restraint used appropriately is one of the absolute fastest ways someone can get insta-deleted from a fight in 6v6, no matter their gear level.

Where I get piercing from if I already need crit, accuracy/crit def (which is already hard with those pvp ss..) >.>
Also not rich enough to try different primers :/
Anyway, really think it wouldn't harm anyone to let gear count a bit less at 6v6...
Should still be fun for everyone except maybe the few people who emptied their wallet to feel skilled at 6v6 while they play like bronzies.

25% is probably a bit low.. but maybe like 50%  or so would make it possible to kill people with much better gear while they still should kill you easy if they are anywhere near your skill lvl..

It would hurt everyone who invested in a Galaxy weapon because it exists solely for the purpose of kicking PvEers around in 6v6/OW

T.T

Seriously though, you don't really need that much crit for 6v6.  At higher levels you will see most people with 7 or 8 pieces infused to 200-254 pierce (blue primers, not too crazy expensive) - that along with 5 pc legendary pvp + 3 piece challenger (or sparring to start... challenger 6,7,8 for an FM can be rough ;) that should get you to at least close to 3k.

20 hours ago, SkFy said:

Dude I played since beta I got tired of farming pve long ago...
Yes it's gear difference... my point is I need 200 hits (literally) to kill someone while they need 3 to kill me..

A bit of balance really wouldn't hurt anyone.. no point for differences this huge in an arena..

Keep the game fun for everyone, not just whales or people who farm their a.. off in pve

You gave up farming pve long ago and that's your choice. 6v6 is meant to be gear-wise like in OpenWorld pvp. Go back to F9 and there is all the gear balance you want. If you want to play team match, play 3v3 in F9.

200 hits vs 3 hits. I can tell that you have 0 critical def and 0 piercing. With this stats, you will be just feeding the enemy team and lead your own teammates to a lose match. 6v6 is not about killing, it is about team-work and survival ability.  

It doesn't need to be a whales to get decent gears. Also, it doesn't need to farm 24 hours per day to get decent gears.

If you want everyone to join a pvp game starting at the same level and gear, I would suggest you to go play dota. This game is not for you. 

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

200 hits vs 3 hits. I can tell that you have 0 critical def and 0 piercing.

Not necessarily. As FM with around 800 ap and good pierce stat it's almost impossible to kill any good geared and played class in 6v6 alone. On the other hand, a good geared BM kills me in 2 seconds with retard (RMB) spam even with much much crit defense and normal defense. Logic? The whole battleground is bullshit and gets even worse with every gear upgrade.

FMs play/spec differently in 1v1 vs 6v6 so I'm not sure if you're just trolling or what...

Of course 1v1s are going to be difficult if you're specced for group combat - if you want to win a 1v1, take arena spec and accept that you're less useful in group fights, hug a brazier or a horn and defend instead, etc...

On 2/17/2017 at 0:24 PM, Zedonia said:

Not necessarily. As FM with around 800 ap and good pierce stat it's almost impossible to kill any good geared and played class in 6v6 alone. On the other hand, a good geared BM kills me in 2 seconds with retard (RMB) spam even with much much crit defense and normal defense. Logic? The whole battleground is bullshit and gets even worse with every gear upgrade.

6v6 battleground is about team-work. If your class is bad at solo or 1vs1, team up with your teammates. Also, FMs are one of the strong troll classes that can stay alive for a long time if you know the timing for ice shield and escape with good rotation of skills. Maybe you can't kill people easily, but you can hold or defend a spot pretty much yourself.

I agree that BM RMB spam is retarded. The most retarded thing is their HM Z skill. Once after you used up your escape tab and they used HM Z skill on you, it is almost = GG to you unless your teammates used party iframe or came to save you.

People said that BM and Destroyer spin is cancer, but I think BM Block skill is more cancerous. Why? It is because they can spam block skill without using any Chi. They can spam block for a whole day. Plus, it is ridiculous that the block skill is 360 degree, which means your attack will be blocked when you attack from behind. 

Judging from your obvious 1v1 skill and your gear stats you posted, my thoughts are:

1) you do not objectively describe your typical 6v6 experience with the 200 vs 3 hits, but you seem to complain that this situation can exist at all. However this hardly plays a role in 6v6 when two good players can always fast-waste one single player with enough team skill. Or rather, it does not really make a difference for victory but I concede it might be psychologically traumatizing.

2) your problem is pierce for sure. Get 3 challenger, 5 elder. Fuse pierce and live with 2000 crit def as a basic protection against anything without bb or SB. Do not max any soul shield, that is polish for later. Then get a galaxy 5, that will free up a lot of crit def primers for pierce instead.  If you are good at 1v1 and decent at ToI, there's nothing that can prevent you from getting a decent gear basis in a month.

3) team work. Really think of 6v6 as 3v3 with UNLIMITED assist! What are you wasting time 1v1ing someone? Freeze them and run off to help a team member 2v1 someone else. 1v1 in battleground always means you hand over the baton to your team members to decide victory or fail. Try to either stall 1vs many or to focus down many vs 1.

Many modern MMOs that employ a gear-based group PvP content have some "base" normalization.  That means the best geared players are still going to have a significant advantage, but anyone else who joins will be boosted to the gear level of what the game designers deem is reasonable.

What this does is give under-geared players the ability to actually survive long enough to be supportive, while over-geared players still get to provide the necessary power.  Right now you will frequently get a lot of hate from players (whales generally) if you're not HM10+ with 120k HP, 650+ AP with stats to match.  Everyone has to start somewhere.  The starting point for 6v6 is basically grind for a year or more before you meet entry criteria, or spend hundreds of RL $$s to buy your way to competitive stats.

Many MMOs apply a buff to players who are not meeting the primary gear needs (game determines if they are under-geared by doing a stat weight comparison) which completely overwrites their stats and replaces it with a normal base set of stats which prevent the players from being a complete drain on the team.  This would not hurt anyone, and would help the 6v6 population immensely as players who have felt under-geared would be able to step up and contribute.

I think Blade and Soul's biggest problem is that there's no detailed official wiki that guides player properly into the different game modes.
If you look closely at the options for offer, there usually is a good way to get things started but it is just often not obvious to the new player.

Of course there should be an easy starting base for people to get into 6v6 to contribute properly. But if you look closely that is more or less provided for, if you consider it the normal way to start with gear balanced 1v1 and 3v3 first and enter 6v6 once you have learned your basic PvP.

Elder 1-5, Hell and Sparring soulshields are ridiculously easy to get in comparison to the stats they provide, even if you just do silver ranking 1v1, 3v3 and ToI 11-30. And once you have that minimum crit defense you are bascially ready to go. Sure you won't do major damage, but you are not a one shot (in low silver) and can do stuff like horns, stalling and CC assists just as fine as a PvE hero.

• 2 weeks later...

In KR, its all about 1 shotting the other person. If you think this is bad, it gets worse :) I have 3k crit def but that doesnt mean shit if I get hit by something that can hit a total of 100k. In KR hitting a 100k is common LOL

Archived