Pls put gameguard back on

skelettbus

1 hour ago, skelettbus said:

I know most of you hate gg for good reason, and i wish it would be better than it is. But pls play some rounds arena right now, players hacking and cheating like crazy right now with "fixed" (=disabled) GG. I never thought i would miss GG but now i do.

Yup. They will probably bring it back once they fix out it works with 64bit client. OR maybe they are looking into a different cheat protection service *cross fingers*

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Is it normal for a sin to use the same skill within 10 seconds? Today, I fought a sin in F9 1vs1 and he used same skill (the body swapping skill and put you into stun) within 10 seconds. I was like wtf? He was like spamming it. 

That's an 18 second cooldown and is unskillable. So, if you're not exaggerating, that would definitely be some cheating.

It has an 18 second cooldown, a Sin also has several other ways to flip behind you, stun you, etc...

So without more definitive proof, sounds like it could just as easily be a bad read / bad approximation of time.

Also the creator of those bots has had a working bypass that he's selling along with his bot within HOURS of the patch that is screwing everyone over... meanwhile legit players are still suffering.  (I looked because GameGuard caused me so much trouble that I seriously considered buying the bot just to use the bypass... in the end I opted for patience, but of course, that's probably what I'd say if I hadn't too ;)

So how is GameGuard the solution here?

3 minutes ago, Mirryn said:

It has an 18 second cooldown, a Sin also has several other ways to flip behind you, stun you, etc...

So without more definitive proof, sounds like it could just as easily be a bad read / bad approximation of time.

Also the creator of those bots has had a working bypass that he's selling along with his bot within HOURS of the patch that is screwing everyone over... meanwhile legit players are still suffering.  (I looked because GameGuard caused me so much trouble that I seriously considered buying the bot just to use the bypass... in the end I opted for patience, but of course, that's probably what I'd say if I hadn't too ;)

So how is GameGuard the solution here?

There is no perfect solution. WoW has the most sophisticated anti-hack/bot/cheat engine of any game created, but there are still people who work around it. The best solution would be, at this point (unfortunately), to suck it up buttercup. There will always be people who break the rules.

I think you may have misread my post, otherwise idk why you quoted it...

I wasn't complaining about cheaters, I was simply pointing out that they are far more clever than the people working at INCA, but meanwhile this GameGuard shit has negatively effected MANY legitimate players.

Cheating is actually pretty rare in my (admittedly somewhat limited) arena experience, and usually they're doing far more extreme things like moving / turning while CC'd which makes it immediately obvious that they are cheating

(or just afk botting tag, but I mean... that's just a spam clicker, not even a bot, you could do that in hardware with a lot of gaming mice... which is pretty much unbeatable unless you go to the extremes WoW went to, which is far far more complex)

The problem with GG of course is that its effectively a placebo. It does nothing in regards to the cheaters, they've always been there and it sucks but report them if you feel they're cheating. Even without GG they still have the ability to check their own internal logs to see if something funny is happening and take action against them.

The ultimate issue with GG is that its the wrong tool for the job, its a rootkit that will interfere more with legitimate players than it ever will stop cheating. NC have used it for years and its done nothing to stop them, its ultimately the wrong approach and a new one really is needed but the current solution GG isnt the correct one as it affects legitimate players far more.

1 hour ago, Mirryn said:

I wasn't complaining about cheaters, I was simply pointing out that they are far more clever than the people working at INCA, but meanwhile this GameGuard shit has negatively effected MANY legitimate players.

Cheating is actually pretty rare in my (admittedly somewhat limited) arena experience, and usually they're doing far more extreme things like moving / turning while CC'd which makes it immediately obvious that they are cheating

(or just afk botting tag, but I mean... that's just a spam clicker, not even a bot, you could do that in hardware with a lot of gaming mice... which is pretty much unbeatable unless you go to the extremes WoW went to, which is far far more complex)

I quoted it because you asked how GG is a solution. The "suck it up, buttercup" is directed at everybody, since there is literally not way to stop cheaters. Even if we killed them all, a new generation would be born - kind of like the Slayer.

3 hours ago, skelettbus said:

I know most of you hate gg for good reason, and i wish it would be better than it is. But pls play some rounds arena right now, players hacking and cheating like crazy right now with "fixed" (=disabled) GG. I never thought i would miss GG but now i do.

Um, how about they don't! GG never stopped them before anyhow!

Sorry pal, there were hacks WITH gameguard, only difference is that there were hacks AND normal player problems caused by gameguard.

For over a decade people have been complaining that gameguard is useless, cumbersome, and intrusive and thats because IT IS. There's documented reasons for it. I suggest google. In fact start here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NProtect_GameGuard

Dont fall for the concerted effort by a few individuals lately on these forums to champion gameguard. I'm guessing nProtect employees .

Its utterly useless. 

1 hour ago, Mirryn said:

Well...it is because hackers are always outnumbers the anti-virus programmers. Let's say there is a team of 20 people working on anti-virus program, but at the same time, there are hundreds or thousands hackers out there around the world. How can you compete with them?

WoW is different. Blizzard (WoW's company) has many years of experience in online gaming industry (has their own many different online game, like starcraft, warcraft, etc) and has their own internal team just for the anti-virus program designs. Unlike other gaming industries like NC.soft, which just used anti-virus program from other company in the market, they have no control on the anti-virus program codes. They just implement whatever patches other companies gave to them. In fact, majority of the games from NC.soft. are bought from other companies.

6 hours ago, skelettbus said:

But GG is still present. Just is hidden or something. How do I know? Because I still have to disable my av software to start game or else I get "debugger" error.

I've heard about a sin hack: the green bar is locked to green (non combat mode) by memory hack. As they have a skill they can only do when they are not in combat mode, they can spam it during combat. The fix is simple, force server to verify if the player is really out of combat mode.

3 hours ago, LordMg said:

But GG is still present. Just is hidden or something. How do I know? Because I still have to disable my av software to start game or else I get "debugger" error.

I agree, I think they just made it so gameguard is only hiding itself, or is more integrated into the client somehow, would make sense if that's the case, since the little update with the maintenance was being flagged by some peoples antivirus.

My game does seem to be running a lot smoother though, so maybe it really is just disabled, if that debugger error is caused by the client only somehow. Still doesn't quite feel 100% like there's no gameguard though. Still seeing a lot of people experiencing the common issues that seem to only be present while gameguard is active (such as that debugger error).

Let me tell y'all something that happened to me last week. I am a pretty good force master, been using it since alpha days in 2012. There was a sin i'v pvped who tabbed a few times on me while I was counting down the players CD, tell me how each time I stunned this sin it tabbed out every 10 seconds, and my force grab, again every 10 seconds.

Everyone's TAB is 30 seconds long there are NO CD resets on tabs! No legend skills for it no NOTHING.

Player said it was lag when I ratted him out.

On 2017/2/16 at 5:11 PM, skelettbus said:

It was ppl like you who asked them to reenable GG, which made my game extremely glitchy throughout the past year. I kept having fps dips every 2-3 seconds. Now they launched 64 bit client and disabled GG my fps is stable at 100 fps. I feel really sad and I think they will reinstate GG because of players like you. I even quit the game for a while due to your precious GG. 

Also, this happened when GG was On:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/107107698

16 hours ago, Dad said:

Let me tell y'all something that happened to me last week. I am a pretty good force master, been using it since alpha days in 2012. There was a sin i'v pvped who tabbed a few times on me while I was counting down the players CD, tell me how each time I stunned this sin it tabbed out every 10 seconds, and my force grab, again every 10 seconds.

Everyone's TAB is 30 seconds long there are NO CD resets on tabs! No legend skills for it no NOTHING.

Player said it was lag when I ratted him out.

That's definitely cheating, if it really was Tab in F9 (not F8 where you can get resets & reduced CD!)

This is one of the abilities that said paid bot can grant you - said bot has also remained completely working through this entire GG fiasco.  In fact it's the only way I could find to get a working GG bypass for this new shit show.  So the players using this stuff have not been harmed one iota by GameGuard - in fact they're some of the only players able to play without any issues at all right now!  Nice.

You probably started playing arena recently. Because, it's nothing new nor something started after gg disable. It started around 4-5 weeks ago when gg was still up. It is the same when they enable gg. Basically, it has nothing to do with GG.

They were there already. Those morons use these hacks only when necessary so people don't suspect mostly. When you count the time, you will see there are too many of them.

Read last post.

To sum up, it has nothing to do with GG and yeah they will bring GG up, they always do, to add more lag and fps drops and bugs and computer freezes and and and and!! !! !!! ! ! ! ! 

Not to fight with hacks.

17 hours ago, Dad said:

While the scenario you described definitely sounds like an exploit or cheat, there actually is at least one skill that I know about which reduces the CD of a TAB skill.  LMB for KFMs (or R in their 3RF combo) if you have it fully unlocked down the right tree will reduce the CD of Second Wind (TAB escape) by 1 second every time LMB (or R) lands.  So, while this doesn't generally reset the skill, it's fairly common to have precious seconds shaved off TAB for a KFM. 

Even so I can still beat these people no problem, the REAL problem is the got dang summoner bots or just bots in general (that are still summoners....since destroyer bots stay in pve on our version) that even when trapped they still can turn around and sunflower you to death. This seriously needs a FIX! It was never a problem back in 2013 because it was destroyer bots KR/TW was dealing with and it wasn't a big deal since even tho we could trap and they can still turn around to face you least they couldn't attack you with projectiles. But over here on NA/EU version people botting summoners IS A BIG DEAL since they can attack you while trapped, and the nonstop healing they push out! 

Deal with the sum bots first then deal with the hacks next! BOTH are killing the game but the sum bots are doing much worse than anyone thinks.

Archived