The 600 AP Wall

NomadMoon

I am not shore if this is the right place to post this.  As well all of you are certainly sick of topics like this.  But after searching on this forum, and others.  I was unable to find a real solution to my problem.  Since the people here seem nice.  I thought I would take a chance and post.

I am a HM6 433ap (21 AP Gem) KFM.  Mainly using Silverfrost Valor Shield.  Yes I know it is worthless since it dues not have high critical.  But my other shield is Profane which seems a bit     lacking at this level.

My problem is that I cannot seem to progress any further then this.  To upgrade my weapon I need a Tormented weapon.  But your not getting a party to those locations.  Unless you have high AP.  They are also not sold on the market.  My accessories need Siren items to upgrade them.  But your defiantly not getting a party for the Supply Chain without 600+ ap.  So it feels like I am stuck in a loop.

This is a fun game but I see no solution to this problem.  Since every party for level 45+ dungeons are seemingly 600+ ap only.  It makes me wonder if I missed my chance to progress.  By not playing this game at NA launch.  When people would of been a little more flexible.

I am aware that it is possible to buy a better Soul Shield on the market.  But given my current gear and options.  My income is limited to daily's for about 3g a day give or take.  So 60-100k for a new shield is a bit much.  More so when I need to save up.  For the huge cost of the next weapon upgrade.  Since after they changed the upgrade system.  The cost of my next upgrade, and its materials.  Increased beyond measure it was shocking.  Also yes I know finish the story I am currently on Fragments of Twilight.

Any advice would be appreciated in regards to improving my strength.

Supply Chain is a lvl45 dungeon, no ones going to care about your AP. Press F8 select BSC, click LFP.

If its in the Daily Challenge it'll prolly pop quick and be a rush through affair.

Keep hold of your Hm accessories but for now its prolly best to use dungeon drop Lucent accessories until you get upgraded some.

Tormented/Lucent drop in Lair/Den/Necro 6m, again no one is going to care about your AP in 6 mans. Just hit the LFP button on days they are the DC there are bound to be 2-3 HM10+, doing this just to get it done.  Honestly most ppl won't even look at your stats unless you severely foul up a mechanic. While in these pick up the SS that drop there especially Yeti, and use those.

I know this because, my main is HM11 BM, on days these are DC and I don't want to bother advertising in F8 or waiting on someone else to, I just hit LFP and go. I'm never the only HM10+ in the group and these runs very rarely just totally fail. Don't be scared of the LFP button. On the occasion you get a total dick in the group that just wants to talk shit just ignore him.

Well for your soul if u want to start slow, but want to get some better stats u can get some pieces of mushin tower, Lab, necro, den, bsh these dungs shouldnt be rly hard to farm as they are easy and usually there are groups for it, start slow and slowly go up u dont have to join in in high ap dungs in 1st day. 

You gotta use the LFP feature it really helps out.. and by the way, when people register and ask for 600+ is just rare. I have 633 atm and i simply put lfp when i go to low lvl dungeons just to help ppl and have some fun! Usually i get to see 1 or 2 low lvls there which is really nice but sad i don't get to help more... anyway, use LFP! :D 

So I just took my BM alt from 450 to 600 this week...

I came prepared with Pinnacle accessories... you can get Ivorymoon or Lucent to get started

I then pushed LFP on Yeti when it was on the Daily Challenge until I had my Tormented weapons... you'll want to know the mechs and be able to explain them if anything goes wrong.

And then because it was an alt, I sent it a big pile of Moonstones... you'll probably have to buy/6v6/weekend ssp for those.

As for getting gold, daily dungeon quests are your friend (some daily world quests aren't bad either, silverfrost valor, etc)

CS/HM you can join random groups, hitting LFP here can be a bit of a trap though.

Lair/Yeti/Necro/Gloom are all incredibly easy and you really shouldn't have too much trouble just hitting LFP for 6m

Masts/Nexus/Soguns are a bit harder but if you come prepared (accuracy required for nexus/soguns, anti for soguns) they're very manageable on daily challenge days most of the time, and even off them, if you want the extra daily gold, though you're gonna have to put a little effort into talking to people to make sure they know what's going on for these.

And with a fully upgraded Ivorymoon weapon and Pinnacle accessories you should be around 600 ap ;)

If you haven't done a dungeon before, you'd be doing yourself a service to check a guide/video first, as yeti/gloom/masts/nexus/soguns actually have some mechanics that it's fairly important you grasp - or at least understand what not to do so you don't kill everyone ;)

Also, as for Soulshields, I would recommend getting 8pc Naryu Labyrinth (again just push LFP when it's on the Daily Challenge), fusing it with crit because Moonwater Critical Primers should be dirt cheap (a few accuracy primers sometimes helps too, depending on rolls, earring, etc but they can be difficult to track down some days if you aren't a soul warden), and using that until you can get Asura (+Twisted or Be Ido or w/e)... you'll waste a great deal of gold fusing Yeti/Scorpio or whatever (or miss out on important stats if you don't), when Naryu Labs fused with crit will give you plenty sufficient stats and a TON of health to help you not die as you learn how dungeons work.

PS: Keep your HM accessories, but only the earring is worth upgrading in the near-term (not until you're done with your weapon though), the others can be used for pvp and/or upgraded and salvaged for jewels to upgrade legendaries eventually.

(true yeti ring is better than pinnacle too but only slightly)

Use the cross  server LFP as others have said and run what you can.  If in doubt, if you put your cursor over a dungeon on the list, it will list the requirements and that should sort you out.

You will get the Tormented weapon from dungeons as stated above.  One thing you should also do is run is Naryu Lab and get that shield.  That will give you plenty of hp for what is to come.  And use Lucent accesories while you upgrade your normal accessories.  That should boost your AP.

One last thought, the first heroic dungeons past Tomb of exile are fairly easy, but do yourself a favor and youtube them so you can see what they are and get tips on how to run them effectively.  Other than that, just follow the crowd as it were, don't fall to far behind or jump ahead.

Just leveled an alt a couple of weeks ago.  I'm already at 620 AP HM7.  It's not magic, it's just knowing how to navigate.  You can do it too.

It seems that I took things a little to literal.  Regarding how people talk on Mushin and various topics.  But people really do make it feel like you need 600 AP to do anything.  That said thank you very much for the very constructive advice.  It looks like things are not as hopeless as they seemed.  I will make good use of this information, and give it a try today.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I am an FM and am actually at the same stage as you. (449AP) While I don't know much about KFM I can share my daily routine as I am nearly done with the mats for breakthrough. 

Few things to start off, 433AP is MORE than enough for ANY Lv.45 contents. Silverfrost Valor SS is great for starter since it provide substantial amount of HP. 

Mushin tower 1-8F daily is a must for good daily source of gold. I farmed 8-1 and 8-2 for soul shields (2,4,8) to get some good critical SS.

I don't have a clan and pretty much solo, so for 4/6/24 man dungeons I only use F8 and LFG. KFM are actually very much welcome since they can constantly CC/tank bosses. 

Bloodshade Harbor should be your priority filling the remaining SS after Mushin. 

Right now my focus is around Yeti/Lair/Nerco for Silverfrost Refining Stone/Yeti/Torment weapon and KFM are definitely welcome in all of these dungeons. Make sure to do enough research on all the bosses so you can do your part as KFM and ultimately survive. 

Tips: using F8 LFG option people almost guarantee cannot kick you out since it requires everyone in the party to vote kick you. To set a better contrast, I personally have been in multiple parties where they leave midway or offline and we couldn't even get that person kicked cuz ppl in party just care/read chat. 

9 hours ago, NomadMoon said:

But your defiantly not getting a party for the Supply Chain without 600+ ap.

You're*

Also, what? You do that place as a 45lvl, with 350-400AP (but you might die with the lowest requirements).

Advices would be:

- Do Lair, Necro, Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate (bring a scale, and ask for the feathers, in order to buy a Hongmoon Soul faster) via F8.
- Craft, even if it's only gathering. I'm making 10g daily, selling materials from herbalist, trapper's and green thumb (sweet potatoes) in 4 toons.

See what sells best: http://na.bnsbazaar.com/craft

What I wouldn't advice is to do easy dungeons that requires experience, for now, like Yeti (dirty easy, but can get oneshoted if you're clueless), Nexus, Asura, Grimhorn (easier than Yeti, but if ONE guy screw the mechanics, it's impossible to finish with a non-legendary group).

I suggest you find a nice clan to join to help you with some of your dailies for gold. Do pvp dailies for hm skills or at least untill you get a pill 5000 zen. bring achievement up to buy hm skills. do the purple dailies for lvl 45. get naryu lab ss, they are the best low tier ss for survivability. everything else, everybody already stated. 

10 hours ago, NomadMoon said:

First of all, IGNORE the pre-made list AND chat requitments in crossserver. Those are mostly for extra fast runs. It would be good that you learn to play the dungeons while actually learning the mechanics. You can join moonwater, lair, yeti, necro, mandate and cold storage with your gear no problems. Just hit LFP. You should make more than 10 gold with these + materials. Run blue silverfrost ones for extra gold  - sell dews you dont need. These are actually quick to do and quite profitable. 

Hongmoon accessories and weapon have been removed with this patch  - take a hint, I guess I won't be upgrading these as we will get something better soon. Focus on upgrading your ivory weapon to max  - farm dungeons for lucent and then pinnacle accessories. You can start doing nexus and gloomdross at 470+ AP and masts, sogun at 500+ AP. These will be easy to achieve. Use the daily challenge to spam yeti for tormented (it's the fastest). For soulshields I just skip everything and go straight to yeti for crit build. You don't need to max it out it - try farming be ido+asura once you can. 

28 minutes ago, Nekonata said:

First of all, IGNORE the pre-made list AND chat requitments in crossserver. Those are mostly for extra fast runs. It would be good that you learn to play the dungeons while actually learning the mechanics. You can join moonwater, lair, yeti, necro, mandate and cold storage with your gear no problems. Just hit LFP. You should make more than 10 gold with these + materials. Run blue silverfrost ones for extra gold  - sell dews you dont need. These are actually quick to do and quite profitable. 

Hongmoon accessories and weapon have been removed with this patch  - take a hint, I guess I won't be upgrading these as we will get something better soon. Focus on upgrading your ivory weapon to max  - farm dungeons for lucent and then pinnacle accessories. You can start doing nexus and gloomdross at 470+ AP and masts, sogun at 500+ AP. These will be easy to achieve. Use the daily challenge to spam yeti for tormented (it's the fastest). For soulshields I just skip everything and go straight to yeti for crit build. You don't need to max it out it - try farming be ido+asura once you can. 

This is the best advice so far.  Ignore accessory upgrading, use ivorymoon/lucent/pinnacle.  Spam yeti for 2 tormented weapons and its soul shields.  Do msp/dkv, and use the LFP button.  Go to Mushin's tower training dummy and learn your rotations.  Join a guild, make some friends.

the new pinnacle jewelry is your best bet for jewelry, they are only slightly under true boss jewelry and a hell of a lot easier to get. I was facing the same issue in TW when they changed the weapon system. With my jewelry and stage 2 baleful  was hardly over 530 AP at HM 9. I got the Asura jewelry (pinnacle) and that alone shot me over 640 AP. will be higher once I get a soul and more AP gems. 

Had forgotten about the Ivorymoon accessories in my bank.  Using them proved to be quite useful.  As well having watched a few videos before F8ing the recommended dungeons.  It truly cannot be overstated how important that was.  Given how quickly and efficiently people run them at this point.

The path forward is now allot clearer.  Everyone's advice was very useful.

On 2/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, NomadMoon said:

I am not shore if this is the right place to post this.  As well all of you are certainly sick of topics like this.  But after searching on this forum, and others.  I was unable to find a real solution to my problem.  Since the people here seem nice.  I thought I would take a chance and post.

I am a HM6 433ap (21 AP Gem) KFM.  Mainly using Silverfrost Valor Shield.  Yes I know it is worthless since it dues not have high critical.  But my other shield is Profane which seems a bit     lacking at this level.

My problem is that I cannot seem to progress any further then this.  To upgrade my weapon I need a Tormented weapon.  But your not getting a party to those locations.  Unless you have high AP.  They are also not sold on the market.  My accessories need Siren items to upgrade them.  But your defiantly not getting a party for the Supply Chain without 600+ ap.  So it feels like I am stuck in a loop.

This is a fun game but I see no solution to this problem.  Since every party for level 45+ dungeons are seemingly 600+ ap only.  It makes me wonder if I missed my chance to progress.  By not playing this game at NA launch.  When people would of been a little more flexible.

I am aware that it is possible to buy a better Soul Shield on the market.  But given my current gear and options.  My income is limited to daily's for about 3g a day give or take.  So 60-100k for a new shield is a bit much.  More so when I need to save up.  For the huge cost of the next weapon upgrade.  Since after they changed the upgrade system.  The cost of my next upgrade, and its materials.  Increased beyond measure it was shocking.  Also yes I know finish the story I am currently on Fragments of Twilight.

Any advice would be appreciated in regards to improving my strength.

WutFace?, With my 440 AP FM alt I was doing All Purple Dungeons everyday apart from Cita/DT/Naryu, When Anniversary Event was. Just LFP and Do it, with all these you make 30 if not more gold, And Supply Chain 600+? what? NCsoft made this game already so easy and cheap for Lower Levels, If it's hard for you now, then I bet you would have quit before :D, Go F8 and LFP and do dungeons, Farm SoulShields, Lets say if you do all Purple dungeons and you make 30g (which I think you make more) but for example 7 days of doing Dungeons and getting 30g = 210g enough for upgrades and soulshields. MMOs are farming games you will get used to it ^^

I thought I would give an update since this topic is still active.  Thanks to everyone's very helpful advice.  The last few days have been very productive.  Which includes Supply Chain and Frozen Fang.  While starting Yeti runs earlier today.  Those first two Yeti runs even after watching videos where a little messy.  But after which setting the max distance on the camera to 500.  Made that fight dramatically easier since you can actually see its animations then.  No idea why the default is 70 that is far to low for some fights.  That aside I am now making good progress on getting a full soul shield from there.  Wish I could say the same thing about the Tormented weapon.  But we all know how the RNG can be at times.

I went to Plogville.. I farmed the little fat plogs till I had a full set.. it took me awhile to kill one.. and while I was there I tagged a few dragons others were killing eventually by the end of the afternoon I had a full set..  its not perfect..  but its certainly better than the blue shield I had and added about 15k health.

Archived