Forums

Your event sucks.

Eximius Sorel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am doing event on 9 chars. Over half of them have 20+ after one week so I wouldn't call it low rate since you need only 60 chocolates for a gem. Majority who crit on the box don't go making topics on forums since usually forums are place to complain as far as I have noticed.

Two of my alts already obtained the gem, another alt is about to hit 60 as well while my main hasn't crit at all. If you have more than one character do the quest on them all. If their level is too low, level them up. Increase your odds.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Two of my alts already obtained the gem, another alt is about to hit 60 as well while my main hasn't crit at all. If you have more than one character do the quest on them all. If their level is too low, level them up. Increase your odds.

RNG sucks, because even if the crit rate is high, you can still get unlucky and not get the gem.

But as Quantum has mentioned, do them on alts to increase chances of getting at least one gem (gem is bound to account). 

you see fewer lucky criter owned here cause they don't feel the need to come and create topics how lucky they are. I have 3 characters, my main got 45 hearts and other two around 30 each. There is plenty time to get em all and there is no need to talk about things did not happen yet. You can crit 10x in a row and then never crit again. This is like making troubles about not getting salary before actual day you should get one. Who does that?

You have much higher odds if you play the event on multiple characters, of the 5 characters i have at 16+ 2 of them have 30+ chocolates the rest anywhere from 6 to 20 and all but 1 character has 1 or more of the outfits.

dude i get 1 choco everyday and im not gonna make a topic about it since im always badluck in rng event...alt char? i just have 2 char and the 2nd char still low lvl tho since i dont have time to lvling it up and kinda slow lvl now w/o hongmoon wep..^_^

On my chars the chance to proc 10 hearts has been ~20% so far. If that is true, the chance for a character to never get any 10 hearts proc is less than 1% over the course of the event. So the chance to not get the 4 procs necessary would be less than 10% or so? Have at least one alt do it too, and you should be getting at least one gem.

I have 4 chars I do the event with and for 2 of them I already know I will get enough hearts by the time the event finishes...

12 hours ago, Eximius Sorel said:

The only people who can get the gem are people lucky enough to roll 10 hearts in a box by the end of this month. Which from what I seen in the forums are very few. Some people I know already have like 70+ hearts and some are only up to 10. Really?

Nevermind. I thought the event end date was the same as the chocolate. Which means I may not even get the outfit. I have yet to get a crit..

• 2 weeks later...

This is simple, only my main isn't going to get the gem, it hasn't even gotten the outfit. It's a Lyn Blade Dancer and I am now certain NCSoft Hastes the Lyns.  My Main has just hit 40 Chocolates, this is with buying something from the store that gave three and running the Board Three Timee in the Daily Dash.  Every other toon...four others as Professions really suck in this game and it's required to have five toons to run Professions or spend insane amounts of gold in the Market. Now, back to the reason I believe the Devs hate the Lyns.  All requests, feedback and even suggestions are met with indifference, They have the Worst looking outfits in the game, the least amount of customization and sadly, the least amount of luck with the RnG.  I mean, I have not missed a single day and have run the DD three times each day and still, my main, the one I have spent over 100.00 dollars on will not get the gem for herself ? all my other toons will have atleast two of the outfits a gem, all but my poor little Lyn.  I will not agree the event sucks, but it's by far my least favorite of them to date.

I've done this event with about 8 characters, most of which have multiple costumes already, i'd say about 5 of them will get over 60 Chocolate hearts(lets not count the 1 or two hearts i've gotten from the daily dash), and i haven't bought anything from the store to top up.

Have two Lyns in that list, one got the costume drops at about 50 chocolate hearts, the other got the costume first try.

So i'd say i've done alright, my main bought the costume, salvaged it, sold two drops, and still had enough for the gem.

RNG is RNG...... Which is why my Jin WL doesn't even have a costume drop yet :D

To be honest I love this event. Its easy, its fast and everyone - even lowbies - is able to get something good, let it be an outfit or an endgame gem for free.

You get 21 (or 22 if you include next Wednesday?) chocolate for sure (chocolate from daily dash not included). That means you need "only" 4 crits out of 21 (22?) packs. Okay, rng is rng - some people are lucky, some are not but a crit doesnt seem to be that rare from my experience.

I do this event on 8 chars. I got the gem on 3 chars already. I will get the gems on 2 chars if i just continue doing the daily (just need 1 chocolate) and I need 1 crit to get the gem on 3 chars.  5 out of 8 chars are safe to get the gem. 3 chars still depend on "luck" but iam very confident that i get the gem on them as well. All in all it seems to be a very good event.

Side note: I wish they added more fash to the pack like headwear, fash for cats and so on. It would be just nice to get something else than the same outfit for the 20th time.

19 minutes ago, fignus said:

You get 21 (or 22 if you include next Wednesday?) chocolate for sure (chocolate from daily dash not included). That means you need "only" 4 crits out of 21 (22?) packs. Okay, rng is rng - some people are lucky, some are not but a crit doesnt seem to be that rare from my experience.

22 is correct, if you can manage to do the event daily BEFORE maintenance starts.

I like this event since it's fast compared to the past events. I'm doing this on 9 characters and 6 already got the gem. I'm guaranteed to get the other 3 tomorrow. I may even get a 10th if lucky. I only bought 4 bundles and got some from daily dash totaling up to 24 Chocolate Hearts in mail. Only took out 3 from mail, so I can skip the rest of the days on 3 alts.

Sadly the mats to transmute them is absurd.

I agree with other people here: the more characters/alts you have, the greater your chances are of getting a gem or two.

In my case, I have 9 characters and so far I've been able to get 6 gems in total, with the high possibility of getting all 9 gems for each of them before the event ends (I would hope). At least 3 of my characters got their gems a week early from today, so they have been accumulating more chocolates and one of them is close to getting another gem too. Not to mention the massive amounts of costumes I've acquired from the boxes (going as far as getting 7 costumes on one character). All of this without buying any Bundles, just doing the event daily.

So judging by some of the posts above I probably have insanely good luck - I should buy a lottery ticket or something.

Archived