Great Update...Shame there's ongoing technical problems...

Azaazel

Hi,

Procrastinator over here just procrastinating on some homework :3

Anyways, here's a review on the recent update:

Pros:

• Event isn't a grind fest                     (unless you want to do it on 5+ alts/accounts for multiple gems and even then, not to heavy)
  • Event offers Amethyst(s)                 (best gem, next to diamond, since it offers AP and more importantly +dmg per CRIT)
  • Streamline Weapons/Accs              (alt jumped from 529 AP --> 629 AP for under 200g!!)
  • Improved Daily Dash Rewards       (lunar flowers, more lunar plants, lament petals <3, etc.)
  • Improved Starter/Duelist Bundles (some say it's p2w, though, in honesty, they are just pay to progress or "discounted bundles" compared to buying from market place)
  • Tons of Outfits                                  (I haven't bought any, but my wife returned after 3 month break and already bought 2 for about 500g O.O )

Cons:

• 64-bit client creating many issues (from FPS dropping to crashes/unable to open game...even 32-bit option is not running well)
  • Event is RNG                                     (with bad RNG...some may not get a gem in 21 days)
  • Black Tower                                      ( new and better gear is just making it harder for some of us to catch up...plus it seems to lock out solo players / small clans / anyone <700AP )

TL;DR Overall great update. The event is easy/fast and the update makes BnS more friendly to new comers/returning players/alts. But it's a shame for all of the major technical issues we're experiencing.

15 minutes ago, Azaazel said:

• Black Tower                                      ( new and better gear is just making it harder for some of us to catch up...plus it seems to lock out solo players / small clans / anyone <700AP )

why do you think you should run bt (the real end game raid till vortex) with <700ap? You dont need anything from bt if youre not at legendary stage 10. 

I don't need it, but it would be nice to skip farming for the legendary accs from DT/EC.

On my new main, I have True Ivory Weapon, Pinnacle Accs, HM9, and a 25AP diamond. My AP though is only at 629AP (kinda hit the AP wall and now it will take a while to advance to 700). Thus,  would be nice to be able to start farming end game items (new SS and new leg accs) now, than have to wait another month or two to catch up and possibly get locked out even more as I won't be "experienced"...it's tough being a solo player (no clan, no friends)...

*shrugs* mine works almost flawlessly has since day one 

Only have crashed maybe a total of 5 times since launch and I think those were caused from my nuclear reactor of a over clocked 5.0 chip after upgrading my water cooler have had 0 crashes so meh don't see how people have so many issues unless there playing with potatoes for pcs or have there systems greatly outta wack 

6 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

why do you think you should run bt (the real end game raid till vortex) with <700ap? You dont need anything from bt if youre not at legendary stage 10. 

And why would anyone spend 8k gold to upgrade legendaries when you are going to change them anyways? Seriously tho, you dont need 700ap to be there even, you need dps over 30k and some people can achieve that with under 700ap. And to be honest, you will lose alot of AP due to the new elemental legendary accessories.

700 AP is very easy to archive nowadays with new weapons and accessories. I have seen alot of 700AP + players who can only do around 10-15k/sec dps because they are lacking critical rate and damage. 

Also, I would recommend people to get legendary necklace at least before trying out BT because it helps alot with critical rate and damage. For legendary ring from EC, just ignores it.

45 minutes ago, NightFer said:

And why would anyone spend 8k gold to upgrade legendaries when you are going to change them anyways? Seriously tho, you dont need 700ap to be there even, you need dps over 30k and some people can achieve that with under 700ap. And to be honest, you will lose alot of AP due to the new elemental legendary accessories.

you need 20k for weapon (you need serahp/bale for chokma) or soul (bis wont be replaced). Also you dont replace neck (cost 6k) and belt (around 6k). So i dont get your point there for this. And this is to get something out of bt to go further. 

Also show me the stats with mechanic <700ap 10min+ 35k stable dps.

I don't think you should worry about end-game items and catching up.  Remember the trend in this game is the longer you wait, the easier it is.  So if you can have fun progressing slowly, then you'll eventually find/get new and cheaper ways to get gear.

I remember seeing a tweet from Jonathan, saying there will be a non-raid way to achieve some of the things.  I am sure they are coming up with a way as well as delaying it for a while because they want the 'current' end-game players feel like the work they put into grinding was worth it.

1 hour ago, Luna Latte said:

About the crash and FPS stuff... run the shortcut at the desktop in windows xp sp3 ... should work great. Now of course the game still needs better optimization, but i'm playing SUPER WAY better than before.

make it work for me T______T r u using win 7 10 8?

I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition, right clicking on the BnS shortcut > going to Compatibility > check Run as Administrator > also turn on compatibility mode and choose Windows XP Service Pack 3. My game finally starts and runs with 64bit... fps is up for the most part but loading screens are as terrible as always. 1/2 is okay I guess.

8 hours ago, FrozenB said:

700 AP is very easy to archive nowadays with new weapons and accessories. I have seen alot of 700AP + players who can only do around 10-15k/sec dps because they are lacking critical rate and damage. 

Also, I would recommend people to get legendary necklace at least before trying out BT because it helps alot with critical rate and damage. For legendary ring from EC, just ignores it.

700ap being "easy" sure if your feed and such but thats a moot point that idc about im sitting at 630ap (due to pinnacle accs 2 true oath accs true ivorymoon etc etc) and i dump 10-23k (depending on what buffs are active (granted i am a warlock so thats nothing compared to people)) i feel like that might be because of my 55% crit chance and 225% crit damage on a completely shoddy ss set... idk might be me only... lol (but gasp some fresh 600+ ap who has moderately passable stats considering my gear and such)

19 hours ago, Azaazel said:

Hi,

Procrastinator over here just procrastinating on some homework :3

Anyways, here's a review on the recent update:

Pros:

• Event isn't a grind fest                     (unless you want to do it on 5+ alts/accounts for multiple gems and even then, not to heavy)
  • Event offers Amethyst(s)                 (best gem, next to diamond, since it offers AP and more importantly +dmg per CRIT)
  • Streamline Weapons/Accs              (alt jumped from 529 AP --> 629 AP for under 200g!!)
  • Improved Daily Dash Rewards       (lunar flowers, more lunar plants, lament petals <3, etc.)
  • Improved Starter/Duelist Bundles (some say it's p2w, though, in honesty, they are just pay to progress or "discounted bundles" compared to buying from market place)
  • Tons of Outfits                                  (I haven't bought any, but my wife returned after 3 month break and already bought 2 for about 500g O.O )

Cons:

• 64-bit client creating many issues (from FPS dropping to crashes/unable to open game...even 32-bit option is not running well)
  • Event is RNG                                     (with bad RNG...some may not get a gem in 21 days)

TL;DR Overall great update. The event is easy/fast and the update makes BnS more friendly to new comers/returning players/alts. But it's a shame for all of the major technical issues we're experiencing.

Too bad 700 isnt even enough for skybreak spire minimum for a successful raid would be around <30k dps, seems way out of reach for most ppl, seems like for a successful raid average ap needs to bea  lot higher D;. Completely out of reach, for newer player not to mention that recomended hm 13. Sigh well one day we'll do it.

For the new raid 700ap is minimum, but you also need quite some critical damage for raising your dps. Legendary accessories will also improve your stats.

As for the above comment, yes you do lose ap from the new leg accessory, but it is one of the better ones. To be truthful ap does not really matter since it does not tell how much dps you can give with it. I'd rather lose ap to gain more dmg than to gain ap and lose dmg.

Sure this new raid can be hard for people, but why the rush? You should be taking your time for getting geared for it not rushing, it's only been out for a few days.

Also 700ap is easy to get, I just got my character starting with 300ap up to past 700+ in a matter of 5 weeks. It's not that hard if you know how to farm and know what you need to do in order to achieve it.

Archived