Forums

A simple fix for 64-bit problems.

Plexi

11 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

did you remove any compatibility settings applied to the launcher and client?

Also, do you have a folder in C:\users\%username%\AppData\Local

Called NCSoft?

I didn't use anything except for trying to run the game as administrator in the new local administer account. didn't try to run as win7 or anything like that.

Also I ran a search in that local folder - didnt find any folder named NCSoft, but did get a few files who have the word "ncsoft" in them. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that the game won't launch for me at all. so i think we are talking about diffrent issues.

Edited by Braio

20 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

did you remove any compatibility settings applied to the launcher and client?

Also, do you have a folder in C:\users\%username%\AppData\Local

Called NCSoft?

don't have folder like that too, what tht folder changes?

On 2/13/2017 at 7:01 AM, Kaigame said:

Hi all, had a message from Tech support who managed to resolve the problem with the 64bit client running slowly....

I had to create a new user account(with admin privs to l;aunch the game)

ran the launcher from the new account, logged in(normal fps)

logged back in to the old account, removed all compatibility settings. Game runs normally now.

Thanks to Brian in tech support!!!

Will try this. X.x 

-doesnt seem to help if I cant even launch 64bit

Edited by RyuueLaview

Last update was very sad for me. I was running 64bit w/o any problems, in fact game was very smooth with most places 120 fps and in very populated areas with players would never go below 40 but after last update I get only 20 fps and below. What the hell ncsoft? One step forward and giant leap back... So mad and disappointed with this.

My secondary PC using windows 8.1 and after update same story - can't go above 20 fps. Depressing........

Edited by Dyeless

8 hours ago, Dyeless said:

Last update was very sad for me. I was running 64bit w/o any problems, in fact game was very smooth with most places 120 fps and in very populated areas with players would never go below 40 but after last update I get only 20 fps and below. What the hell ncsoft? One step forward and giant leap back... So mad and disappointed with this.

My secondary PC using windows 8.1 and after update same story - can't go above 20 fps. Depressing........

Same story here, it's really depressing :/

• 2 months later...
On 10.02.2017 at 4:09 AM, Plexi said:

I'm using windows 7, service pack 1. But I had a problem running the 64-bit client after the patch. The 32-bit client works normally.

1_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhb9h.jpg

So I've tried a few methods like reinstalling updates for windows, completing the optional updates, and other stuff, till I tested this one. I hope it helps someone else.

Keyword: Compatibility

1. Right Click Blade & Soul Desktop Shortcut
  2. Properties
  3. Compatibility
  4. Compatibility Mode
  5. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  7. Apply & Run the Game

compatibility_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhamo

For windows 10 users, if you're having a problem showing older versions of windows, please run the compatibility troubleshooter as shown in this article

Looks like changing the compatibility affects the game greatly, here are my results for 64-bit client:

64-bit

• Windows 95
  • Windows 98/ Windows ME
  • Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
  • Game fails to launch.
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  • Fast game start up time
  • Fast loading screen
  • Stable FPS all the time
  • Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
  • Very slow game start up time
  • Very slow loading screen
  • Very low FPS all the time
  • Windows Vista
  • Service Pack 1 Error
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
  • Slow game start up time
  • Slow loading screen
  • Low FPS all the time
  • Windows 7
  • Service Pack 1 Error

dude, you're awesome.

Seriously, i logged in JUST TO THANK YOU. I've been going crazy about the problem until i saw your post.

You truly are a lifesaver.

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 5:56 PM, KromaXamorK said:

The problem with 10 that we only have Vista/7/8 compatibility to try with.

If you try to set the compatibility of the 64-bit client app, only windows vista through windows 8 will show up as options. If you set the compatibility of the 32-bit client, the windows xp sp3 shows up as an option on my Windows 10 pc and jumped my 20-30 fps to 80+ when enabled. Hoped that helps.

I have w 8.1 and i run x64bit client  i did what the op say and now i got max 10 fps and gose lower.  what i did wrong and how i can at least go back? i reinstal the game and still is the same plz help me  ^_^

Edited by HoranLigorien
add more

• 3 years later...