Jump to content
Forums

A simple fix for 64-bit problems.


Plexi
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm using windows 7, service pack 1. But I had a problem running the 64-bit client after the patch. The 32-bit client works normally.

1_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhb9h.jpg

So I've tried a few methods like reinstalling updates for windows, completing the optional updates, and other stuff, till I tested this one. I hope it helps someone else.

Keyword: Compatibility

 

  1. Right Click Blade & Soul Desktop Shortcut
  2. Properties
  3. Compatibility
  4. Compatibility Mode
  5. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  7. Apply & Run the Game

 

compatibility_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhamo

 

For windows 10 users, if you're having a problem showing older versions of windows, please run the compatibility troubleshooter as shown in this article


Looks like changing the compatibility affects the game greatly, here are my results for 64-bit client:

64-bit

  • Windows 95
  • Windows 98/ Windows ME
  • Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
  • Game fails to launch.
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  • Fast game start up time
  • Fast loading screen
  • Stable FPS all the time
  • Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
  • Very slow game start up time
  • Very slow loading screen
  • Very low FPS all the time
  • Windows Vista
  • Service Pack 1 Error
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
  • Slow game start up time
  • Slow loading screen
  • Low FPS all the time
  • Windows 7
  • Service Pack 1 Error
Edited by Plexi
More info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're most welcome, glad to be helpful ^^

This is my first time to play in parties without Ctrl + F, looks great to see other people playing with you, lol.

z Siegrain Try different compatibility options if you're having low FPS, my windows isn't 10 like yours so the results might be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, KromaXamorK said:

The problem with 10 that we only have Vista/7/8 compatibility to try with.

Oh I see! That's so different than windows 7. I hope someone finds another fix for windows 10 users.
On windows 7, the game works better when the compatibility is set to older windows version. Mine works much better on Windows XP Service Pack 3 than Windows Vista Service Pack 1,2.

Edit: according to this article, there are other versions of windows in win 10's compatibility options.

Edited by Plexi
Link added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Luna Latte said:

Dang why didnt u explain better xD I was trying to set the modes directly on client.exe... it wouldn't work... it has to be set on the shortcut at the desktop. Windows 10 running as XP SP3 mode... works 100% :)

Sorry about that, I'll add more details to the post ^^; I'm glad it's working fine for you though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Plexi said:



z Siegrain Try different compatibility options if you're having low FPS, my windows isn't 10 like yours so the results might be different.

mine works perfectly fine now, what I did is, tried to run compatibility troubleshooter and unchecked the compatibility mode and I checked the run this as an admin on compatibility tab, so my fps is back to 60 stable running with 64bit thanks for the tip. -Windows 10

Edited by z Siegrain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, z Siegrain said:

mine works perfectly fine now, what I did is, tried to run compatibility troubleshooter and unchecked the compatibility mode and I checked the run this as an admin on compatibility tab, so my fps is back to 60 stable running with 64bit thanks for the tip. -Windows 10

Great news! Have fun playing ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, z Siegrain said:

mine works perfectly fine now, what I did is, tried to run compatibility troubleshooter and unchecked the compatibility mode and I checked the run this as an admin on compatibility tab, so my fps is back to 60 stable running with 64bit thanks for the tip. -Windows 10

when you said you ran compatibility troubleshooter, what settings did it choose for you? when i ran mine, it gave me error E03001

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't work for me

Although that's probably my wooden laptop's fault

The 64-bit client feels very heavy for me, specially after i ran it on windows xp sp3. It doesn't respond most of the time and it took a long time to start

The fps in game is still the same 5-10

 

Edit: also sometimes after i enter my Username and PW my screen goes black and it goes back when i close the client 

Edited by sephy Kun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried everything, but unable to get anything above 20 fps in game with 64 bit client. If I use 32 bit client the fps raises to between 40-55 I don't get it. I use Alienware 17 R3, so it cannot be my laptop, Windows 10 64 bit OS; I've tried settings given to me by support and nothing. So far its been really disappointing.

Edited by Senmaa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

This compatability thing is still helpful for me as I see almost no delay in game (for some reason the 64bit ran like molasses T_T) and for my win8.1 the win7 compatability seems to grant the highest fps of all compatible versions I can test.

I tried compatibility for Windows 8, 7, And XP service pack 3 to no avail... Started playing on the 32 bit client again :\

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Senmaa said:

Tried everything, but unable to get anything above 20 fps in game with 64 bit client. If I use 32 bit client the fps raises to between 40-55 I don't get it. I use Alienware 17 R3, so it cannot be my laptop, Windows 10 64 bit OS; I've tried settings given to me by support and nothing. So far its been really disappointing.

This compatability thing is still helpful for me as I see almost no delay in game (for some reason the 64bit ran like molasses T_T) and for my win8.1 the win7 compatability seems to grant the highest fps of all compatible versions I can test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just tried this on Windows 10 Pro (latest insider preview build), if you want to make the change on the client.exe instead of the nclauncher:

 

Open Regedit:
1.    Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers].
2.    Create a new String Value in the right pane, and name it with the full path of the program’s exe file. By default that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\Client.exe (no " needed)
3.    Set the value to the following:
 
~ WINXPSP3 works best for Windows 10 Pro 64bit (makes no sense but works!)

~ WIN7RTM for Windows 8/8.1(apparently from reading above)

Edited by Monstar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Plexi said:

I'm using windows 7, service pack 1. But I had a problem running the 64-bit client after the patch. The 32-bit client works normally.

1_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhb9h.jpg

So I've tried a few methods like reinstalling updates for windows, completing the optional updates, and other stuff, till I tested this one. I hope it helps someone else.

Keyword: Compatibility

 

  1. Right Click Blade & Soul Desktop Shortcut
  2. Properties
  3. Compatibility
  4. Compatibility Mode
  5. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  7. Apply & Run the Game

 

compatibility_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhamo

 

For windows 10 users, if you're having a problem showing older versions of windows, please run the compatibility troubleshooter as shown in this article


Looks like changing the compatibility affects the game greatly, here are my results for 64-bit client:

64-bit

  • Windows 95
  • Windows 98/ Windows ME
  • Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
  • Game fails to launch.
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  • Fast game start up time
  • Fast loading screen
  • Stable FPS all the time
  • Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
  • Very slow game start up time
  • Very slow loading screen
  • Very low FPS all the time
  • Windows Vista
  • Service Pack 1 Error
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
  • Slow game start up time
  • Slow loading screen
  • Low FPS all the time
  • Windows 7
  • Service Pack 1 Error

 

 

This however limits the amount of available RAM to the 64-bit client again to 3,5 GB.

Go figure yourself.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weaponzero said:

 

 

This however limits the amount of available RAM to the 64-bit client again to 3,5 GB.

Go figure yourself.

 

If it runs at greater than 20fps, which it does, i'll take it, until they fix their code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Plexi said:

I'm using windows 7, service pack 1. But I had a problem running the 64-bit client after the patch. The 32-bit client works normally.

1_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhb9h.jpg

So I've tried a few methods like reinstalling updates for windows, completing the optional updates, and other stuff, till I tested this one. I hope it helps someone else.

Keyword: Compatibility

 

  1. Right Click Blade & Soul Desktop Shortcut
  2. Properties
  3. Compatibility
  4. Compatibility Mode
  5. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  7. Apply & Run the Game

 

compatibility_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhamo

 

For windows 10 users, if you're having a problem showing older versions of windows, please run the compatibility troubleshooter as shown in this article


Looks like changing the compatibility affects the game greatly, here are my results for 64-bit client:

64-bit

  • Windows 95
  • Windows 98/ Windows ME
  • Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
  • Game fails to launch.
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  • Fast game start up time
  • Fast loading screen
  • Stable FPS all the time
  • Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
  • Very slow game start up time
  • Very slow loading screen
  • Very low FPS all the time
  • Windows Vista
  • Service Pack 1 Error
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
  • Slow game start up time
  • Slow loading screen
  • Low FPS all the time
  • Windows 7
  • Service Pack 1 Error

windows xp sp3 x64 is not supported ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Plexi said:

I'm using windows 7, service pack 1. But I had a problem running the 64-bit client after the patch. The 32-bit client works normally.

1_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhb9h.jpg

So I've tried a few methods like reinstalling updates for windows, completing the optional updates, and other stuff, till I tested this one. I hope it helps someone else.

Keyword: Compatibility

 

  1. Right Click Blade & Soul Desktop Shortcut
  2. Properties
  3. Compatibility
  4. Compatibility Mode
  5. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  7. Apply & Run the Game

 

compatibility_by_hellpurestdevil-dayhamo

 

For windows 10 users, if you're having a problem showing older versions of windows, please run the compatibility troubleshooter as shown in this article


Looks like changing the compatibility affects the game greatly, here are my results for 64-bit client:

64-bit

  • Windows 95
  • Windows 98/ Windows ME
  • Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
  • Game fails to launch.
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  • Fast game start up time
  • Fast loading screen
  • Stable FPS all the time
  • Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
  • Very slow game start up time
  • Very slow loading screen
  • Very low FPS all the time
  • Windows Vista
  • Service Pack 1 Error
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
  • Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
  • Slow game start up time
  • Slow loading screen
  • Low FPS all the time
  • Windows 7
  • Service Pack 1 Error

Thank you so much, this solved my FPS issues completely!

 

Using Win 10 x64 and running BnS in compatibility mode for WinXP SP3. Now my FPS are always between 60 and 80

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...