Forums

No starter Hongmoon weapon given

Iksi

You don't upgrade weapons anymore before 50. There's no way to, even if you managed to find a Hongmoon weapon. The story will give you an Ivorymoon weapon toward the end of the story which can be upgraded. 

I dont know how we are supposed to get the first Hongmoon Weapon anymore. It used to come from chapter 3, now it doesnt give me one.  Pretty much a necessary item to have since everyone weapon comes from that one. I tried 2 new characters and neither one received a weapon. Cant really continue playing without it. This maybe a bug from them changing the weapon leveling system? 

4 minutes ago, Iksi said:

So we are insanely weak the whole time we level now?

How come week ? u got Golden Deva weapon in level 12 which is a weapon for level 32 . . . i've just exchanged my weapon for that one and now i got 23 extra AP, OMG this people only came to the forum to spread poison wherever they can. . . Stop being so toxic for Lord's Sake /tears

1 hour ago, iokunn said:

How come week ? u got Golden Deva weapon in level 12 which is a weapon for level 32 . . . i've just exchanged my weapon for that one and now i got 23 extra AP, OMG this people only came to the forum to spread poison wherever they can. . . Stop being so toxic for Lord's Sake /tears

You only get the golden deva weapon at that lvl if you had hongmoon already and salvaged it, the lower lvl weapons given to new chars are way weaker.

4 hours ago, iokunn said:

I made act 1, chapt 7 and didnt get the stalker weapon, im stuck with the training dagger at chapt 10, this new system sucks

19 minutes ago, Rholo said:

I made act 1, chapt 7 and didnt get the stalker weapon, im stuck with the training dagger at chapt 10, this new system sucks

Yup, it doesn't reward the Stalker Weapon. You have to kill Jiangshi with a Training Weapon, or if you're lucky enough to get a Copper Weapon from RNG loot. Then also pray that you can get your Stalker Weapon from the chests before you run out of keys. 

23 minutes ago, Rholo said:

You can just kill stalker jingashi and get his essence then get the weapon chest from the wheel

It's not hard to figure out

Honestly you could just use a green weapon from mob drop -_- 

This new weapon system is probably the only GOOD thing about the new patch, it makes leveling up A LOT more fun. 

When i first started the game with a fm i STOMPED every single creature in the game up until poharan. That's not how MMOs are supposed to be

10 hours ago, Animaester said:

Yup, it doesn't reward the Stalker Weapon. You have to kill Jiangshi with a Training Weapon, or if you're lucky enough to get a Copper Weapon from RNG loot. Then also pray that you can get your Stalker Weapon from the chests before you run out of keys. 

Or just buy it from the market for 1s or whattever... or have someone else buy it and mail it to ya if you can't use market. :p

23 minutes ago, ander01se said:

Or just buy it from the market for 1s or whattever... or have someone else buy it and mail it to ya if you can't use market. :p

If im correct, untill lv 15 you cannot use market, mailing system (without spending NC-Coins for non-account-mailing) or player-to-player-tradingsystem.

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

If im correct, untill lv 15 you cannot use market, mailing system or player-to-player-tradingsystem.

Anyone can mail you. I've mailed stuff to several non subbed lvl 5-7 players and / or friends who didn't have sub / could use market.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, sephy Kun said:

You can just kill stalker jingashi and get his essence then get the weapon chest from the wheel

It's not hard to figure out

Honestly you could just use a green weapon from mob drop -_- 

This new weapon system is probably the only GOOD thing about the new patch, it makes leveling up A LOT more fun. 

When i first started the game with a fm i STOMPED every single creature in the game up until poharan. That's not how MMOs are supposed to be

well if u bad in rng stuff...u gotta need more time to get the stalker weapon...green weapon to lvling? did u ever try it lvling with that weapon?

• 3 weeks later...

This new weapon change was so dumb. This change was supposed to help new players to level up and catch up with old players faster so that they didn't have to spend golds to upgrade the HM weapon. However, before level 42 (where you get the Ivory weapon from main quest), you have to reply on RNG to open your class-specific weapon. If you have bad luck, you have to stuck with training sword until you can have access to the market (which is level 15?) Therefore, for the first 10-20 level, it is the hardest moment for new players to overcome, which many "new" players would have quitted because they might find that it would be too hard to go forward.

I tried to make an alt last night and the amount of time to finish certain main story quests was 2-3X more than I needed back 9 months ago. 

At least with the old HM weapon, you can level a lot easier and faster. It just takes more times for farming golds to upgrade the weapon.

My suggestion would be giving out class-specific blue weapon (non-upgradable ones) in the survey or quests once every 10 levels until level 42. So, the new players can keep on doing quests without worrying about damage. 

23 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

This new weapon change was so dumb. This change was supposed to help new players to level up and catch up with old players faster so that they didn't have to spend golds to upgrade the HM weapon. However, before level 42 (where you get the Ivory weapon from main quest), you have to reply on RNG to open your class-specific weapon. If you have bad luck, you have to stuck with training sword until you can have access to the market (which is level 15?) Therefore, for the first 10-20 level, it is the hardest moment for new players to overcome, which many "new" players would have quitted because they might find that it would be too hard to go forward.

I tried to make an alt last night and the amount of time to finish certain main story quests was 2-3X more than I needed back 9 months ago. 

At least with the old HM weapon, you can level a lot easier and faster. It just takes more times for farming golds to upgrade the weapon.

My suggestion would be giving out class-specific blue weapon (non-upgradable ones) in the survey or quests once every 10 levels until level 42. So, the new players can keep on doing quests without worrying about damage. 

This is not true. For example, you get a new weapon at lvl10 + you get 2 keys for every region. I opened the blackram box for lvl20 purple weapon. With 1st cinderlands key i opened a golden deva weapon, with second i will open the infernal one. Yes, its slower, but still faster than old way till true scorpio.

New weapon at lv10? The blue stalker weapon chest you mean? It is RNG for class if you don't use the brilliant key from the survey. At least I won't use that brilliant key on lv10 blue weapon chest. I would save it for purple weapon chest. 

27 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

New weapon at lv10? The blue stalker weapon chest you mean? It is RNG for class if you don't use the brilliant key from the survey. At least I won't use that brilliant key on lv10 blue weapon chest. I would save it for purple weapon chest. 

You get a green lvl10 weapon from story quest around lvl9/10.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/evolution-streamlining/

Look, even if you skip stalker, you get  Bamboo Guard Weapon and  Sablesteel Weapon before lvl20 purple. For lvl20 purple you use the key. Another key you use at golden deva wheel around lvl27, and another one at lvl36. After this you get 3 other weapons from quests and there will be a key to open a box at profane jiangshi. This is at 42/43. At lvl45+ you get the ivorymoon.

Archived