Forums

Duelist Bundle and Starter Pack

Schen

I spend real money on Blade and Soul at times, but I would like to know why in the Hongmoon Store the Duelist Bundle and Starter Pack is only available for NCoins?  Why isn't it available for Hongmoon Coins as well.  Are you proving what others are complaining in the chat that this game is a pay to win?  If so, that is not fair to all your players.

There's definitely tons of p2w in BnS. But these packs are far from p2w. In fact, it more of pay to progress than p2w. I mean all they do is give a head start at PVE or PVP.

Besides, you can say that you could buy them with HM coins...but instead of using the coins for the cash shop, you use your gold for the marketplace...

5 hours ago, Azaazel said:

There's definitely tons of p2w in BnS. But these packs are far from p2w. In fact, it more of pay to progress than p2w. I mean all they do is give a head start at PVE or PVP.

Besides, you can say that you could buy them with HM coins...but instead of using the coins for the cash shop, you use your gold for the marketplace...

Hey genius pay to progress is the same shit as pay to win. Imagine all the grinding i have to do to get all hm skills to be proficient in pvp when i could spend those day grind for pve and buy the pack and avoid the headache. 

Its basically pay to win in pvp without doing pvp without hm skills and die a lot of times because you didn't have that skill that counters a certain class. 

Its the same shady shit with different colour.

16 minutes ago, xXVevzZXx said:

I dont think those items are enough to make the game p2w imo.

Yes its pay to not get a head tumour from rage. Any of you have the slightest idea of the frustrating grind it is to be proficient in pvp with all the skills. + arena pvp is a good way to farm soulstones for people that hate spp farm. so it kinda ties into that + some skills are good for pvp to. so add that to the pay to win category.

Starter bundle has premium membership days so by their monetization concept it cannot be offered via HM coin. I actually bought it because the premium days sort of already equate to the price in NCoin and I can use the rest of the bundle for one of my alts. ^_^

The duelist bundle I think is a neat idea, way better than the old one. Basically it gives you almost full 1v1 and 3v3 functionality from the start, and a good start up help with non-gear balanced PvP as well. So you can try out B&S as a PvP only game for free, and if you like it, you buy a duelist bundle and are not held back by anything in your quest to get good. ;)

I mean you cannot expect the game to be stand-alone free. NCSoft employees have to be paid somehow, right? XD

18 minutes ago, Kevi said:

Yes its pay to not get a head tumour from rage. Any of you have the slightest idea of the frustrating grind it is to be proficient in pvp with all the skills. + arena pvp is a good way to farm soulstones for people that hate spp farm. so it kinda ties into that + some skills are good for pvp to. so add that to the pay to win category.

This is still only a tiny thing of the game, so therefore it doesnt make the whole game p2w.

3 hours ago, xXVevzZXx said:

This is still only a tiny thing of the game, so therefore it doesnt make the whole game p2w.

The more you reply the more i am convinced you have no idea what p2w is. I think the only time that you would admit this game is pay to win is when they start selling raven legendary gear in the market for nc coins. But they aren't that stupid.

You pay to reduce time spent on grinding and resource farming. With the time you spend farming for skills you could grin for legendary gear or soul shields. the problem is how much grinding their bundles let you skip. Only my alt has all hm but 1 hm skill since the release of warlock and im a guy who profited of the event that handed you training certificates.

I have played game with grinding like warframe and some people say that that game is p2w but i defend it because you can get the rarest things in a week of grinding for it.

So how much time do you thing those bundles let you skip. what about the bundles that gave you oil for soul upgrade. why do you think there are people power-housing 6v6 with level 10 legendary soul. How much time and grinding does a free to play player need to get that level of soul? what about treasure trove events and hongmoon gems.

By this point i cant see how you have any conviction that this game is not pay to win when the whales have the power to literally zap you into oblivion with one look. And both you and me know they dint get that most of them didn't get their through harsh faring and grinding. You have whales that dont even know asuras mechanics because they just kill it before it can do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 3:29 PM, Kevi said:

The more you reply the more i am convinced you have no idea what p2w is. I think the only time that you would admit this game is pay to win is when they start selling raven legendary gear in the market for nc coins. But they aren't that stupid.

You pay to reduce time spent on grinding and resource farming. With the time you spend farming for skills you could grin for legendary gear or soul shields. the problem is how much grinding their bundles let you skip. Only my alt has all hm but 1 hm skill since the release of warlock and im a guy who profited of the event that handed you training certificates.

I have played game with grinding like warframe and some people say that that game is p2w but i defend it because you can get the rarest things in a week of grinding for it.

So how much time do you thing those bundles let you skip. what about the bundles that gave you oil for soul upgrade. why do you think there are people power-housing 6v6 with level 10 legendary soul. How much time and grinding does a free to play player need to get that level of soul? what about treasure trove events and hongmoon gems.

By this point i cant see how you have any conviction that this game is not pay to win when the whales have the power to literally zap you into oblivion with one look. And both you and me know they dint get that most of them didn't get their through harsh faring and grinding. You have whales that dont even know asuras mechanics because they just kill it before it can do anything.

I agee, people need to understand that "pay to" is still pay to. "pay to" advance is still "pay to" win

On ‎2017‎年‎2‎月‎9‎日 at 6:02 AM, Kevi said:

Hey genius pay to progress is the same shit as pay to win. Imagine all the grinding i have to do to get all hm skills to be proficient in pvp when i could spend those day grind for pve and buy the pack and avoid the headache. 

Its basically pay to win in pvp without doing pvp without hm skills and die a lot of times because you didn't have that skill that counters a certain class. 

At the end of the day, Person1 who grinded out the items completely free and person2 who bought the items from the shop will have 0 differences other than that person1 will have more experience in pvp. Buying these bundles doesn't put anyone in any better situation than someone who doesn't pay can get to. If all you need to do to win pvp is have hongmoon skills then I'd be at gold by now. The only thing you're really buying is time. There's also the issue of non pvp players. I really don't give a flip about pvp but the hongmoon skills are completely locked behind it. Now, people like me can just buy the bundles and not have to worry about pvp as much. Your first sentence makes it sound like you want people to have to go through that headache. That's rather sadistic I'd think. You're also losing money by buying this (obviously), it's not as if these bundles are just handed to people. Money has value in real life too, you know. They work a job to get money, buy these and have hm skills. You grind the items to get hm skills. It's the same outcome so no one is "winning" anymore than the other.

• 3 months later...
On 2/19/2017 at 2:40 AM, Biyori said:

At the end of the day, Person1 who grinded out the items completely free and person2 who bought the items from the shop will have 0 differences other than that person1 will have more experience in pvp. Buying these bundles doesn't put anyone in any better situation than someone who doesn't pay can get to. If all you need to do to win pvp is have hongmoon skills then I'd be at gold by now. The only thing you're really buying is time. There's also the issue of non pvp players. I really don't give a flip about pvp but the hongmoon skills are completely locked behind it. Now, people like me can just buy the bundles and not have to worry about pvp as much. Your first sentence makes it sound like you want people to have to go through that headache. That's rather sadistic I'd think. You're also losing money by buying this (obviously), it's not as if these bundles are just handed to people. Money has value in real life too, you know. They work a job to get money, buy these and have hm skills. You grind the items to get hm skills. It's the same outcome so no one is "winning" anymore than the other.

very well said

On 2/8/2017 at 11:02 AM, Kevi said:

es its pay to not get a head tumour from rage. Any of you have the slightest idea of the frustrating grind it is to be proficient in pvp with all the skills. + arena pvp is a good way to farm soulstones for people that hate spp farm. so it kinda ties into that + some skills are good for pvp to. so add that to the pay to win category.

Hahaha, ''Genius'', Welcome to MMO, You Choose to play a MMO which is grind fest, Every Single MMO, You do same thing. Kill Bosses for better Items. Gear up, Grind for your Items. Do Same Stuff Everyday. Over and Over. That is MMO..., Why are you playing MMO if you have problems with how it goes?. And BnS is No where close to a real Grinding Game. I Miss Real MMO Games. Like Old Lineage 2 For Example, where you used to spend WEEKS in One Dungeon leveling. Or Ages to collect/Craft items. Now People are just pure lazy. to do anything on their own. Same as Celestial Basin Event, A person made a Spread Sheet with all Times. When It's announced, When It Spawns. But NO!, People still kept asking in Chat, When Is boss? what Time is boss. Like SRSLY, Take your butt and check the website. but no, People are just pure lazy and want everything delivered on a plate for them. because doing something ''is too hard for them''. And Then Developers Listen To Criers. and Making Everything so Easy to obtain. Where people used to grind their asses off. just to get Legendary Stage 1, Now You get basically FOR FREE. BUT NO!, That is not enough. It's still ''Too Hard'' Need it Cheaper, Cry Cry in Forums, Developers goes Nerfing prices once more. Just to satisfy cry babies and make them happy, Just to find out, they are still not happy about it. Because you ''still need to grind even if it's little bit''. Then Because of Price Reductions, People who have high gear. quickly Gears it up to max. and has nothing to do in this game anymore. Then They go crying or Quiting game till A new Patch comes out. with new stuff to do. then a new problem comes up, people who didn't gear up fast enough. goes crying in forums. that there are ''too many updates'' and they can't keep up. Basically NEVER Ending Circle of Unhappy people, Someone Decides to Progress faster, by using their hard or easy earned money ''who cares''. And then another person sees it, Who doesn't have a job. Living with parents, Or has a minimal Pay job and cannot waste money on a game just like that. Gets Jealous because He can't Do that. and another person can and starts raging P2W P2W! No Skill bla bla, Like Seriously? Is something wrong with your head?. There are 2 Options. You can Either Grind all day on a computer, all sweating and stinky and see no day light. To get an Item. FOR FREE. like most people do, Or You can go find a job, And Grind ''Real Money'' in Real Life, Earn Money, Go On Vocations, Buy whatever you want. and STILL have Money to Spend and enjoy the game you play?. Everything You buy in BnS With Money or Without Money. Everything can be obtained in Game. Stop Counting not your own money. and where,how people spend it. and Use your head to improve how you play. because ALL options are Available to everyone. Some People EVEN make Money From Playing MMO games, If that is too hard for you. then MMO is not for you. And even if people quit and go to other MMO ''hoping it will be better'' Well I have Bad News to you. Because all of them are same 50 shades of grey.... Deal with it.

BnS might offer shortcuts for faster progress but that doesn`t mean players (payers) who took that shortcut are winners when it comes to gameplay. I`ve seen 900+ AP players with great gear who cant do simple mechs. Some of these players were payers and others were non-payers. I spent a lot of money on BnS after all i didnt get to premium rank 10 by just grinding. People need to understand that games like BnS offers a barebone entertainment service and they give you the option to pay to save sometime or grind to save money. I don`t like to spend weeks in arena so I buy the bundle but that doesn`t make me any better in pvp/pve just saves me time. Even with spending money I still need to learn the mechs and know my role in a party. 

Also content updates are so often that casual players can never catch up without spending some money. That`s the model of these type of games. NCSoft is not running a charity. They need to make money to support the game. Some changes are good some are bad but game is progressing because of the payers. Maybe NCSoft doesnt have the perfect pay system and at times it might make people feel like "I spent all this time and that guy just purchased everything" but that doesn`t make "that guy" any better in gameplay. 

To be honest, I wish you could buy the duelist bundle more than once. I certainly would if I had an alt I liked to play. The HM skill system is completely stupid imo, and severely limiting for some of the older classes.  I'm just glad that newer classes, like SF and soon gunner, have a lot less impactful HM skills that aren't basically REQUIRED to be useful/competitive at all.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to get more than 1 duelist Bundle if you are gifted? I hate arena and it's also unhealthy for me cause I get competitive and adrenaline, not good for my heart... So just wanted to hear if it's possible to get another box through gifting

6 hours ago, Amy Jade said:

Is it possible to get more than 1 duelist Bundle if you are gifted? I hate arena and it's also unhealthy for me cause I get competitive and adrenaline, not good for my heart... So just wanted to hear if it's possible to get another box through gifting

Dualist Bundle cannot be gifted. Also The Dualist Bundle is only ''Once per account'' meaning that even if it was possible to gift. you can't receive 2 of them. 

10 hours ago, Amy Jade said:

Well that sucks, impossible for me to get all of my HM techs then.

Well if your not fan of PvP, You can always PvE, Make Enough gold. to buy Chapters and combine them into books, The PvP books use Dualist bundle, The buy-able ones PvE - Problem solved ^^. There is Achivement Vendor who sells HM - Volume 2  book and lost hm too. I think most of hm skills can be obtained from pve too. aswell as pvp So there are ways for you to get without touching pvp unless you need to eat Zen bean ^^

Archived