BnS Pink Tax?

Xiaoyen

11 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Simple.

The male one has uglier headgear. That is enough to demerit the whole bundle.

I dunno what NCSoft thinking, throwing a boyish hairstyle to pair with a crossdressing outfit. While Jin, Gon can wear it for laugh since they are too muscular to look feminine, male Lyn who is designed to look like girls get turned off by the hairstyle.

Nurse Cap off

Nurse Cap on

If they just sell the hat instead of wig, I'm willing to buy it at 1,499 coins.

I don't really agree with this. The hat is such a simple thing, it wouldn't and shouldn't warrant such a price change.

4 minutes ago, Yasu said:

I don't really agree with this. The hat is such a simple thing, it wouldn't and shouldn't warrant such a price change.

It depends on how you valuate something.

If you push the gender equality, you would want both outfit at the cheaper price, not the expensive price.

If you consider the customers who will buy this, then there will be only two types: who are for a cross-dressing laugh, and who likes trap characters. The customer range is much narrower than who buy the female nurse outfit. Hence, to make it more attractive, you need it to be cheaper.

In my case, I think the price is correct. I don't want to spend more coin for a faulty products (a.k.a the boyish wig).

1 hour ago, pho u said:

can you give an example of when a male's version of an outfit more expensive than female's? I don't recall. 

It would be irrelevant if it's based solely on demand. And it's for characters, not people. The game also already has exclusive costumes for specific races and genders. Nobody really throws a fit over most of them like Pure White.

24 minutes ago, Shotaholic said:

Personally, I think it's a good thing. I mean, I'm all for gender equality and whatever but we're getting something for discount! Isn't that something to be happy about? :D

Discount... only if you have male character.

Male and female bunny ears cost the same. Did the dark angel outfits have different prices?

I really can't believe this is even a topic lol, it's quite simple. There is an extremely narrow amount of people who are going to purchase the male version, and it would be even less if it were more expensive. As a business, to try to maximize sales, obviously because of it's very niche attraction as a product, it's price would need to be reduced to entice more people to purchase it, if even just for giggles. The outfit was clearly made with female characters in mind, not as a comedy outfit, so giving it to males primarily serves this additional purpose. Low demand outfits are repeatedly priced much lower, and higher demand outfits are priced higher. I feel like all of this is extremely obvious, but perhaps it's elusive and mystifying to some people. 

It doesn't bother me that the price IS different, but it does bother me that the difference is 10 FRIGGIN EURO. The female version costs exactly 1299 Ncoins and the male version is 799 Ncoins. Which means you HAVE to buy 20 euro for the female version (because surprise, surprise, you can only get 1200 Ncoins with 15 euro), but the male version is only 10 euro (which is cheap for 3 items). That's just sick.

7 minutes ago, Yuina said:

It doesn't bother me that the price IS different, but it does bother me that the difference is 10 FRIGGIN EURO. The female version costs exactly 1299 Ncoins and the male version is 799 Ncoins. Which means you HAVE to buy 20 euro for the female version (because surprise, surprise, you can only get 1200 Ncoins with 15 euro), but the male version is only 10 euro (which is cheap for 3 items). That's just sick.

Isn't the true for quite literally all expected high demand outfits, and all expected low demand outfits? Make a thread about how they are forcing people to buy more Ncoin than they need, as that is a legitimate issue. 

Archived