The new patch, harder dungeons?

Jack Meoff

Is it just me or did the dungeons get harder as it got easier to get higher AP? Nearly got wiped in Cold Storage 6 man with Dragon Bloods, average AP was 570 and +7HM levels. 
Got wiped in Heaven's Mandate, with 700 AP people and high HM levels. Had a hard time on Yeti. I don't know what to say anymore. Is it just me or did dungeons get harder? Also, 64-bit didn't increase any performance for me whatsoever. 

Eh seems fine to me. Will say it does feel a bit slower ofc. I want to say it is the missing AP buff we had. With the buff I still had a bit more ap then I do now even after conversion. Guess people got so use to such a jump in power and now that it's gone it has left a void making things feel different. Goodnight sweet buffs, you will be missed.

What I have noticed though is a number of folks hadn't made the conversion to the new line. So not only are they lower then they could be but also back to normal ap before the buff. However I am still seeing the same face tank and burst down mentality that was going on before but without the buffs and new weapons to back it up. Maybe that's part of it? no idea.

As for the 64bit....shiz made the game run so much better for me at least. Been keeping a steady 60 or at least more steady then normal. Still get them lovely lag spikes at times though. 

7 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Eh seems fine to me. Will say it does feel a bit slower ofc. I want to say it is the missing AP buff we had. With the buff I still had a bit more ap then I do now even after conversion. Guess people got so use to such a jump in power and now that it's gone it has left a void making things feel different. Goodnight sweet buffs, you will be missed.

What I have noticed though is a number of folks hadn't made the conversion to the new line. So not only are they lower then they could be but also back to normal ap before the buff. However I am still seeing the same face tank and burst down mentality that was going on before but without the buffs and new weapons to back it up. Maybe that's part of it? no idea.

As for the 64bit....shiz made the game run so much better for me at least. Been keeping a steady 60 or at least more steady then normal. Still get them lovely lag spikes at times though. 

Don't know man, I am a KFM and I have lifesteal and etc. so I can pretty much tank and dodge every boss and live the longest out of everyone. I had high AP back the, same AP now without the buff in dungeons. So it's not about the AP change. Just feels like the bosses burst and oneshot me now.

5 minutes ago, KromaXamorK said:

You didn't see your AP buff until enter in a silverfrost purple dungeons 6man (by pressing P not with F2) otherwise in 4man or other dungeon there wasn't an AP buff.

Today is gone you're weak now. :D

I actually know about the fact that once you enter a dungeon, you see the buff. I am saying that when I was in a dungeon, I had 550 AP and now I have 565, almost 600

13 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

was this buff only during the anniversary event?

Yes:

"The Blessing of Wisdom has returned and will be available from January 18 through February 8.  It provides the following buffs:

• Increases Combat XP by 50%
  • Increases Daily Quest XP by 50%
  • Increases Guild Points earned by Crafting and Gathering by 100%
  • From January 18 through February 8, the Confidence buff will be replaced with an Extra Confidence buff which lowers damage received and increases damage dealt in 6-member Silverfrost Heroic dungeons. "

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/anniversary-update-patch-notes/

4 hours ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

Yes:

"The Blessing of Wisdom has returned and will be available from January 18 through February 8.  It provides the following buffs:

• From January 18 through February 8, the Confidence buff will be replaced with an Extra Confidence buff which lowers damage received and increases damage dealt in 6-member Silverfrost Heroic dungeons. "

I see. So if we didnt have it before the event why are dungeons "harder" now? Theyre just back to normal. 

On 8.2.2017 at 7:09 PM, Jack Meoff said:

Is it just me or did the dungeons get harder as it got easier to get higher AP? Nearly got wiped in Cold Storage 6 man with Dragon Bloods, average AP was 570 and +7HM levels. 
Got wiped in Heaven's Mandate, with 700 AP people and high HM levels. Had a hard time on Yeti. I don't know what to say anymore. Is it just me or did dungeons get harder? Also, 64-bit didn't increase any performance for me whatsoever. 

Sry but you're just the average player with no dungeon knowledge that just got overwhelmed for not being as buffed as last patch

hell I am SF i take the agro from anyone i get killed because my move ment speed to move behind them has like a 20 sec cooldown so i understand where people are coming and the Boss have gotten hard not out AP or anything like that but maybe they will fix the issue soon

I've had zero issues following the patch and removal of the anniversary buff. The big thing I'm noticing isn't in most of the comments... mechanics. Even when the anniversary buff was active, people in premades continued to set up for mechanics in the off chance they needed to be done, be safe not sorry. The buff apparently spoiled people and now they're rusty... that's all I can think of that might be happening since all my characters came out better than before the patch with the buffed accessories.

During the event I often saw people ignoring every mechanic. It's not a big deal in 4man because there was no buff and people usually know atleast what is theoretically to do. Everyone who can run 4man should avoid 6man F8 parties.

On 8.2.2017 at 7:09 PM, Jack Meoff said:

Got wiped in Heaven's Mandate, with 700 AP people and high HM levels.

How is this even possible? Most classes if not all can solo this dungeon with 700 AP.

I'd toss out there... the purple train is over...

Meaning that a lot of the relatively poorly geared people in F8 were alts during the event - mechanics and experience can carry you very far, especially with a big fat AP/def buff.

Perhaps now you're just seeing what the dungeons are like without several experienced players dealing with all the important mechanics?

Though I don't know what to tell you about Cold Storage... it does actually have mechanics which will allow you to complete it with incredibly low AP, but most players likely have never seen them as they only occur when your party DPS is very very low.

Mirryn there was NO AP upped if you read this

1 hour ago, Mirryn said:

I don't know exactly how much, but I want to say it was around +20% AP

This

1 hour ago, Mirryn said:

Perhaps now you're just seeing what the dungeons are like without several experienced players dealing with all the important mechanics?

Probably, yes. I found myself so often as the only person who really knew what to do even in easy dungeons like lair or gloom. People should really care for mechanics or they can quit right away because everything above asura level will make them cry.

Archived