The new patch, harder dungeons?

Jack Meoff

Seemed like notching changed to me and still easy. I did EC with one of my clan members and it was like we basically carried the whole party because of our dps compared to everyone else and we all had 650+ap.

If it seems harder than what it was during the ap buff then you're doing something wrong 

1) The higher player AP gets, the lazier they get. Part of it is resistance to using mechanics for the older dungeons, part of it is half the party trying mechanics (drop dps) while the other half tries to face roll (ignores boss patterns, cc, def buffs, ect).

2) alts and lower levels who didn't run purples before the buff began running them but are now without buff. Players on alts might be so used to face rolling w/main they forget they still need mechanics with lesser stats but the buff was coasting them across. Now they're reminded.

3) Blowing through boss fights can mess up everyone's expected timing on boss patterns. The party either has to burst so hard the boss never makes it to a must-do-mech pattern or slow down and not aggressively trigger mechs into overlapping. All it takes is one HM 13, 800+AP WL to fk everyone up because they can't follow the speed of the fight and the WL can't solo insta-kill but is gonna drive the bus off the cliff anyway.

4) back to the higher =  lazier, I've seen an increase in ppl who don't bother with skills other than standard dps rotation. No burst skills or buffs, they just basic hit until SB or a restraint grab. These skills make it super easy to blow through bosses and it seems some won't go back to normal skill use even if those skills aren't in party. 

I've seen more party wipes and revived more dead ppl post-boss than usual lately but I don't see any reason to blame the dungeons. An increasing percentage of the players are over-geared for most of our dungeons and the rest still need to rely on mechs. Makes for uneven party performance. 

And don't even talk to me about block classes refusing to block in nexus. 

6 hours ago, kytt said:

3) Blowing through boss fights can mess up everyone's expected timing on boss patterns. The party either has to burst so hard the boss never makes it to a must-do-mech pattern or slow down and not aggressively trigger mechs into overlapping. All it takes is one HM 13, 800+AP WL to fk everyone up because they can't follow the speed of the fight and the WL can't solo insta-kill but is gonna drive the bus off the cliff anyway.

I can honestly say i never experienced this before my recent upgrade to 633ap(from 598)... yet i partially caused a party wipe due to a) not expecting double drill phase and b) getting party sheathed and not exiting soon enough (due to my reactions and my high ping)... lets just say we all got flattened (and i had never been in a position to dps that quickly for 2 phases to happen D: )

You can trigger triple drills and still be fine...

Y'know the boss animates the launching of each drill?  You don't have to count them, just watch him.

The only fight I can think of that you can seriously break is Jang Ghibu - and even then, if you've got the DPS to burst the wives down accidentally, the boss ought to die before he can enrage unless you're just derping.

But that's assuming you actually understand boss mechanics, not just the simple strategies people pass around to handle said mechanics.

58 minutes ago, Mirryn said:

You can trigger triple drills and still be fine...

Y'know the boss animates the launching of each drill?  You don't have to count them, just watch him.

The only fight I can think of that you can seriously break is Jang Ghibu - and even then, if you've got the DPS to burst the wives down accidentally, the boss ought to die before he can enrage unless you're just derping.

But that's assuming you actually understand boss mechanics, not just the simple strategies people pass around to handle said mechanics.

ofc you can survive triple drill phases but when you get frozen and have 2-3 drills drop onto you i wouldnt expect anyone to survive the falling debris in 4man... (infact as soon as the debris hit we dropped like rocks haha)

(i think the fm we had sheathed because of an early earthquake of wraith... maybe? or just sheath for the sake of sheath... lol)

Archived