64-Bit problems so far.

Valiant

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i should get paid for trying all the possibruh variants: 32 bit first worked, lets try x64, didnt work with sp 1 installed so, use a virtual machine to start the game x64 works (5 fps please), x32 doesnt . Install game (nothing works) , replace gameguard(no result) , reinstall windows+sp 1 and game. expected result..not working..lagsoft can you do anything propperly?!

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

We are aware some players are encountering issues when attempting to use the 64-bit client and we are investigating the reports. If you are having issues, attempt to do a file repair and if that doesn't seem to help use the 32-bit client (option is available in the launcher settings) until an update is provided. 

Thank you.

what about people who have NO option to use 32-bit because the launcher doesnt give you a choice? there is no Game Mode option in the settings of the launcher for many.

1 hour ago, Talla said:

no problem here , so smooth and perfect everything before was 40-10 fps , like msp . now its just fantastic with 100-120 fps even in msp GG ncsoft

And I believe in god now because i just saw a miracle. Stop lie pls no1 get all this increase just for a 32 upgrade for 64

20 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

I WANT THIS (ಥ﹏ಥ)

He forgot say he entered alone. :)

Got on earlier today, other than some ungodly latency spikes causing horrendous skill lag no real issues. Oh and of course the magical disappearing mouse cursor whenever I try to drag something, but I digress.

Anyways took a break, attempt to log back in. Guess what. After inputting account info, nothing.

Close installer, try again. Error: game client is already running. Try again...same deal.

Check task manager to see client running in an attempt to close manually, but wait, game guard now hides the client from task manager. Awesome.

GG NCsoft. GG Game Guard. /tips hat. Bravo.

RIP.

Wish I could say Im surprised but, well, you know...

S.S.D.D.

My GPU isnt being used with the 64bit and I cannot set it any way/shape/form to use it. It instead uses my integrated graphics. This used to happen with every update on the 32bit but it was an easy fix. 

Also, REMOVE GAMEGUARD FOR CHRISTS SAKE NOBODY LIKES IT AND IT CAUSES US NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS YET NCSOFT STILL REFUSES TO LISTEN.

for me was always 100-120 even before the patch playing alone, that didn't change, on msp was around 40-45 fighting, now is about 55-65, i saw an improvement, but i don't like not being able to check how is working my computer, not even the corsair software works, also every 15 minutes it freezes for about 0.5 seconds, is getting annoying.

8 hours ago, feanor5 said:

I cant even start the game. 64 bit or 32 -   error  4041   

wanted to try the game after some time away.. oh well

I have exactly this same problem, every time there's a new patch there are problems. Seriously thinking about leaving the game

37 minutes ago, Meese said:

My GPU isnt being used with the 64bit and I cannot set it any way/shape/form to use it. It instead uses my integrated graphics. This used to happen with every update on the 32bit but it was an easy fix. 

Also, REMOVE GAMEGUARD FOR CHRISTS SAKE NOBODY LIKES IT AND IT CAUSES US NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS YET NCSOFT STILL REFUSES TO LISTEN.

Yeah I actually would like to see some NC reps try and justify this software knowing how more and more of the community is getting more hostile to this rootkit at this stage. Hiding the process only makes people more paranoid I personally despise the program but up to now you could just see it there at least. The real problem I have is if I start having issues or problems with my computers that this thing is HIDING itself from the process explorer. I dont trust something that can hook into other processes in my computer or could potentially be used as a backdoor into it as well. Others have already complained about this before and NC seems to be either completely Ignoring people, is thinking it can just force the thing through and think noone can do anything about it even though the same said cheaters can bypass this pointless program anyways. Lets not forget that sony used a rootkit years back and it got them in the doghouse big time when it was found to be messing with peoples computers not to mention it could be used as a way of hiding trojans and other exploits without users knowledge.

What I want to know is WHO exactly keeps insisting on this program? Why do NC keep using it when its not used in Aion or Wildstar for example. Lineage II used it for years and yet it does feck all use because I checked it a while back, still a botfest. It's completely pointless and wont stop any cheaters the only thing it accomplishes is to aggrivate normal players. The new "tricks" they put into this will be worked around within days if they havent already bypassed it.

What's probably gonna annoy me the most is this topic has been brought up repeatedly and it's just ignored by the NCstaff like they either dont have answers or just evade it like the plague since there's no way they can really defend it without being torn apart and hope it just goes away.

3 hours ago, MasterYoda said:

I have nvidia gtx 960 and Intel i5 4690k 3.5ghz and 8gb ram and with the 64bit it run at 60fps most of the time like it did before with the 32bit.Fps drop to 40-50 when fighting.Haven't tried ssp/msp cause this is when the Fps drop to 30 or even 15 when lots of people there.

Judging from what you said and the input of other players + their rigs, I think that B&S doesn't get along with hyper threading. Might be a good idea to disable it on CPUs that have it and try playing. Hopefully that will resolve the FPS issue.

1 hour ago, Raiya said:

What I want to know is WHO exactly keeps insisting on this program? Why do NC keep using it when its not used in Aion or Wildstar for example. Lineage II used it for years and yet it does feck all use because I checked it a while back, still a botfest. It's completely pointless and wont stop any cheaters the only thing it accomplishes is to aggrivate normal players. The new "tricks" they put into this will be worked around within days if they havent already bypassed it.

What's probably gonna annoy me the most is this topic has been brought up repeatedly and it's just ignored by the NCstaff like they either dont have answers or just evade it like the plague since there's no way they can really defend it without being torn apart and hope it just goes away.

Amusingly Aion began with GG, however after nearly a year of complaints and a near player revolt on their forums they finally scrapped it.

In BnS its been "removed" twice do to overwhelming complaints, but after each time quietly reintroduced back into the patcher. As if no one would notice.

The lengths they take to hide it, plus its rep as basically a rootkit makes me wonder just what the deal is between KR NCSoft HQ and the company behind GG.

Must be a lucrative business arrangement indeed.

2 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

I WANT THIS (ಥ﹏ಥ)

This guy is either playing with low PC settings or everything turned off facing the wall, because i cant get 60fps on a Pascal Titan gpu which is like many tiers over his 960GTX.  

Anyhow i usually dont complain about Game Gaurd however this time i will have to rant. 

Which idiot decided it was good to hide process in task manager for the game so none of our game profilers, as well as discord can let people know were playing this game.  

Also hiding a program from task manager is borderline MALWARE.  

Why do you need to hide it?  Are you worried about BOTS using the EXE file or Memory editors editing values which should be server side and uneditable?  

Do you guys understand all the bad stuff which can happen from hiding a exe file in windows task manager and the OS running it especially things like Geforce Profiler which reads what game exe file is running to set your GPU settings?  

This Game Guard needs to.  

after play this game, here what i notice

- game use more than 5gb ram... so if you have low ram, please use 32bit

- if you only have 8gb don't try to multi tasking since your ram wont be enough

- if you have 1050 or 1060, don't use ultra setting... fps drop is real at boss fight because all player cast skill at same time, or use CTRL + F
- if you have 32 bit windows, i suggest to upgrade it to 64 bit

- if you recieve any messege to instal service pack.. then instal it before play.

- slow loading at start dungeon, since bns load all map into ram... just wait patiently,  you will have smooth dungeon and it'll reduce hdd workload, since ram thousand times faster than hdd

- mouse dissappear is minor prolem... they will fix it next update.. wait patiently

there no other major problem for this 64 bit

17 minutes ago, Fiana said:

after play this game, here what i notice

- game use more than 5gb ram... so if you have low ram, please use 32bit

- if you only have 8gb don't try to multi tasking since your ram wont be enough

- if you have 1050 or 1060, don't use ultra setting... fps drop is real at boss fight because all player cast skill at same time, or use CTRL + F
- if you have 32 bit windows, i suggest to upgrade it to 64 bit

- if you recieve any messege to instal service pack.. then instal it before play.

- slow loading at start dungeon, since bns load all map into ram... just wait patiently,  you will have smooth dungeon and it'll reduce hdd workload, since ram thousand times faster than hdd

- mouse dissappear is minor prolem... they will fix it next update.. wait patiently

there no other major problem for this 64 bit

There are still major issues like: not even opening.

I tried everything I could, obviously only not installing it from the zero. But, i deleted both bns folders (the ones who include the launchers for 32 bit and 64 bit) + every other folder that holds any kind of client configuration. The only folder left was the one which only contains textures and such, geo and such. 

Did full repair, start and restart... nothing. The issue is on the 64-bit client. 

What I found out is 32-bit still runs as it was, but 64-bit stucks in 562,4 mb of ram... it keeps using CPU which means it is still trying to execute and start, but can't cross that point. You can see that if you close task manager and reopen it, for 1 to 2 seconds u can actually see the process there, and it is always stuck in that point. So there you go... 

Loading point 562,4 mb.

Windows 10 Pro

AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor      (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

16gb

Graphics Card GTX 1060 3gb

getting error 4041 haven't been able to log on all day and if i launch the game (x) many times it blue screens my computer. gg ncsoft (yes i've file repaired and deleted x64 folder) x.x

Anyone else stuttering in game after being on for a bit? and I don't mean skill delay like what usually would happen, but more like when you try to play a graphic demanding game and the game stutter like it a picture book 'if your pc suck', I tried it out both on 64 and 32 bit and I'm stuttering wasn't like that before.

1 hour ago, Naekuh said:

This guy is either playing with low PC settings or everything turned off facing the wall, because i cant get 60fps on a Pascal Titan gpu which is like many tiers over his 960GTX.  

Anyhow i usually dont complain about Game Gaurd however this time i will have to rant. 

Which idiot decided it was good to hide process in task manager for the game so none of our game profilers, as well as discord can let people know were playing this game.  

Also hiding a program from task manager is borderline MALWARE.  

Why do you need to hide it?  Are you worried about BOTS using the EXE file or Memory editors editing values which should be server side and uneditable?  

Do you guys understand all the bad stuff which can happen from hiding a exe file in windows task manager and the OS running it especially things like Geforce Profiler which reads what game exe file is running to set your GPU settings?  

This Game Guard needs to.  

^ Same complaint about hidden processes. It's ridiculous, restarting your entire computer is the new End Task. This isn't going to kill bots either. With a third party task manager I can locate the BnsCefSubprocess64.exe. 

5 hours ago, Raiya said:

Yeah I actually would like to see some NC reps try and justify this software knowing how more and more of the community is getting more hostile to this rootkit at this stage. Hiding the process only makes people more paranoid I personally despise the program but up to now you could just see it there at least. The real problem I have is if I start having issues or problems with my computers that this thing is HIDING itself from the process explorer. I dont trust something that can hook into other processes in my computer or could potentially be used as a backdoor into it as well. Others have already complained about this before and NC seems to be either completely Ignoring people, is thinking it can just force the thing through and think noone can do anything about it even though the same said cheaters can bypass this pointless program anyways. Lets not forget that sony used a rootkit years back and it got them in the doghouse big time when it was found to be messing with peoples computers not to mention it could be used as a way of hiding trojans and other exploits without users knowledge.

I wonder the exact same thing.

There's been people asking for gameguards removal ever since launch, and that group has steadily grown.

There's no good reason they can give us for sticking something on our computers which can potentially BREAK our ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing computers.

Literally the only reason they've ever said on these forums was "It helps us catch bots and hackers" like what a joke.

Even if it helped (which I can guarantee you, it doesn't), they think that it's worth putting all of our PC's at risk of potential hardware breakdown?
Like where's the logic?

I spent more on my PC than I did on BNS, more than I ever will on BNS.

People use their PC's to play the game when there's important documents on those computers, sometimes stuff related to their jobs.

and NCSoft thinks it's okay to play with fire with peoples PC's just so they can pretend to catch a few hackers and bots?

What a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing slap in the face.

I honestly hope that if they do cause real issues for someone because of breaking their computer, that they get a big ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing lawsuit in their hands.

The worst part? We've been asking for it's removal since launch, with tons of good reasons to support our request. And not a single good counter-argument for why it should stay.

And NCSoft just

keeps

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing

ignoring

their players.

A player revolt, second coming needs to happen in protest of gameguard if we're ever going to see it removed permanently. Companies like this will stubbornly cling to their policies until the pitch forks and torches are right at their doorstep; and more and more people are starting to realize this. If it gets to the point where my computer is damaged merely because of this forced malware (yes, MALWARE), I hope NCSOFT is ready to pay for it. 

Like someone mentioned already, sony was in deep shit for their rootkit shennanigans, and it's only a matter of time before our tolerance is pushed beyond the point of no return, and then they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

I was very excited to see the new 64 bit client, something that should have been done ages ago; that quickly turned to disappointment when gg showed on my screen.

I refuse to run 64bit until literally everthing in this thread is a nonissue.

Archived