Don't try pvp

Ujarac

The issue is that people approach this game's pvp as they approach typical MMO pvp when they're new and think "If I do my rotation better than him, I'll win".  When in reality it's closer to a fighting game and knowing your opponent's animations, skills, escape cooldowns and how to punish all of this which will give you wins.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deleted my character and i quit this game permanantly because the pvp in this game is simply catered towards people that can think fast and have fast reflexes and i am a slow thinker and i have slow reflexes and its the same reason why im not successful at fighting games. also to make matters worse you can be lvl 31 when you dont have all your skills you need to win and face someone thats max level with all thier skills. Its the same reason why im also no good at RTS games. im good when i can take my time.

6 hours ago, Manslayer49 said:

I deleted my character and i quit this game permanantly because the pvp in this game is simply catered towards people that can think fast and have fast reflexes and i am a slow thinker and i have slow reflexes and its the same reason why im not successful at fighting games. also to make matters worse you can be lvl 31 when you dont have all your skills you need to win and face someone thats max level with all thier skills. Its the same reason why im also no good at RTS games. im good when i can take my time.

They don't think fast or have faster reflexes than you. Almost in every pvp game thinking or trying out strategies makes you fall. Call it Moba, fighting game (Like mortal combat), hack 'n slash, fps. Be my guest defeating someone who starts smashing buttons even before the timer starts, with strategy, cool-looking combos and reflex in tekken.

Ping and class are what decide the winner here.

If i needed to talk regardless of this two terms : the key is getting accustomed to pattern and smashing it, give no room for your opponent to think or come up with a plan. Playing ultra-offensive has %90 win-rate against defensive types.

If you watch higher elo matches you will see, all of them are like bots, same boring style, pattern, which one can guess the next 5 moves of a pro-gamer, who is going to win in 5 seconds after match starts.

When you go lower elo it's more exciting and unpredictable because you can't guess what a noob is going to try next.

2 hours ago, GG Easy said:

They don't think fast or have faster reflexes than you. Almost in every pvp game thinking or trying out strategies makes you fall. Call it Moba, fighting game (Like mortal combat), hack 'n slash, fps. Be my guest defeating someone who starts smashing buttons even before the timer starts, with strategy, cool-looking combos and reflex in tekken.

Ping and class are what decide the winner here.

If i needed to talk regardless of this two terms : the key is getting accustomed to pattern and smashing it, give no room for your opponent to think or come up with a plan. Playing ultra-offensive has %90 win-rate against defensive types.

If you watch higher elo matches you will see, all of them are like bots, same boring style, pattern, which one can guess the next 5 moves of a pro-gamer, who is going to win in 5 seconds after match starts.

When you go lower elo it's more exciting and unpredictable because you can't guess what a noob is going to try next.

well i also seem to have trouble with the fact of having to switch between my pvp spec and the one i use for questing while only having one skill book and having to readjust my skill points after im done with my pvp dailies and also it doesnt help matters that im a more reserved fighter. i dont like to rush and i have trouble doing a combo that requires long sequences of button inputs. i was a soul fighter and i got pretty bored of that class by the time i reached level 39. but you are correct in that this game caters to the offensive players and has no love for the defensive players like me. its the same reason why i suck at street fighter 5 cause in that game you have to be aggressive or you just cant win. my strategy has always been to play defensive and punish my oppponant every time they screw up but that simply doesnt work in this game or street fighter 5.

Reaction in blade and soul is fast pasted, that applies to defensive play too it´s fast paced and mostly used to stall or abused for offensive purposed anyways (as the goal of the game is to kill your opponent in the end), you use your defensive skills depending on some mixture of knowledge/pattern/prediction and reaction.

Good defensive skills will either need reaction anyways, or be completely broken and will be used for offence as well. Too good defensive skills often times end up in stupid matchups. There is your reason why many sins timeout des, sum and fms.

Also that there is no tactic involved is bs, but if you can´t react fast enough and can do your basic combos while being half asleep you won´t get to apply any fancy tactics. Like say ryuki yday in his stream daze combod a wl, then put a mine under THE PET, the warlock used the pet swap, then ryuki detonated his mine. No tactic all all, all predicable ordinary bot play confirmed.

am I the only person who feels that I'm losing cus I suck at PVP?

I think most class are some what balanced with counter classes for each. exception of few... like FM who has hard time against just about every class. or BD who doesn't really have counter class.

23 minutes ago, hwalien said:

am I the only person who feels that I'm losing cus I suck at PVP?

I think most class are some what balanced with counter classes for each. exception of few... like FM who has hard time against just about every class. or BD who doesn't really have counter class.

KFM counters BD

another thing that i wanna talk about is the fact that death in pvp happens too fast.the pvp in this game just doesnt feel meaningful because usualy one combo and the fights over.The only good thing this game has is the pve because pvp is total garbage.

yeah my opinion still stands and probably won't ever change, because no matter how much I do pvp and how much I practice someone else still beats becuase of some unbalanced dumb OP skill. like really people can't say the pvp in this game is balanced or its okay, because its not balance its far from being balance in my opinion and until they fix it they won't ever get that esports spot light that they wanted NA to have so bad at first. nobody is gonna keep doing their pvp because of unbalanced it is and losing from dumb classes.

I've been playing this game for around six weeks now and I kind of agree that arena is kind of bs. Defenitley alot of lag spikes, quiet a few times lately I've lost matches because I'm practically banging my buttons on my keyboard that are my cc's to only get the screen freeze and have my opponent catch me in some cc that I can't even break out of and end up losing 10 seconds later : p

Fighting sum, wl, bd, or des forget it. I wish I could just skip those matches all together. So broken in 1vs 1 no freckin point. If it wasn't for the zen beans I defenitely wouldn't be in there so much. Maybe the expansion next week will balance the arena out.

I've yet to try the battlegrounds out being 530 ap and low crit defense I'm sure I'd get eaten alive but can't wait to get to the point I can compete.

Also faction pvp can be fun :p I like pking when I'm doing my faction quests/ running away trying to lure other people into faction npcs.

In conclusion the pk here can be fun just got to make it fun.

3 hours ago, Justgreencorn said:

I've yet to try the battlegrounds out being 530 ap and low crit defense I'm sure I'd get eaten alive but can't wait to get to the point I can compete.

Yes and it will be almost impossible to catch up if you don't cash to reach high gear fast. With every update we get, the high gear people will reach much more strengh and this can't be compensated by some AP anymore. And even if you get the gear, your fun will vanish if you get matched in the weaker team most of the team because you will lose most matches. 6v6 is content for idiots so don't expect too much. NC simply can't make good pvp systems.

5 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Yes and it will be almost impossible to catch up if you don't cash to reach high gear fast. With every update we get, the high gear people will reach much more strengh and this can't be compensated by some AP anymore. And even if you get the gear, your fun will vanish if you get matched in the weaker team most of the team because you will lose most matches. 6v6 is content for idiots so don't expect too much. NC simply can't make good pvp systems.

Correction:

6v6 is flooded with idiots so don't expect too much.

is there gold player with ping 200+ in pvp? because once when i met vs gold player i'm insta death lol, this guy so fast, even before i hit tab when opener, this guy already stun me. when my hp50%, this guy launch me into air again n again until dead, i press all key 1,2,3 tab, retreat, etc but not working, this guy still stun me continously, oh yeahhh my ping is 200+  xD

13 hours ago, Zagaroth said:

is there gold player with ping 200+ in pvp? because once when i met vs gold player i'm insta death lol, this guy so fast, even before i hit tab when opener, this guy already stun me. when my hp50%, this guy launch me into air again n again until dead, i press all key 1,2,3 tab, retreat, etc but not working, this guy still stun me continously, oh yeahhh my ping is 200+  xD

i share your pain.

playing with 250~300 ish ping.

when I hit gold, maybe 1 out of 5 matches i run into ppl who have taken 50% off my HP bar by the time Im done loading.

i thought they were hackers at first but i started a match in mid air once so i figured it was me laggin.

9 hours ago, hwalien said:

i share your pain.

playing with 250~300 ish ping.

when I hit gold, maybe 1 out of 5 matches i run into ppl who have taken 50% off my HP bar by the time Im done loading.

i thought they were hackers at first but i started a match in mid air once so i figured it was me laggin.

i cant believe you gold player with 200+ ping, with such lagging, are u really know your opponent rotation very well?

10 hours ago, Zagaroth said:

i cant believe you gold player with 200+ ping, with such lagging, are u really know your opponent rotation very well?

not really but i do have all 9 class above HM5 ~ 11 so i know basics of each class which helps a lot. and since I know I'm slower than most of ppl, I don't try stuff that i know i can't do(like instead of 3rf KFM i just do 333). I was only able to get gold on my KFM, BM, destroyer and BD. KFM and destroyer is hard and i got lucky most of the time but BM and BD was somewhat easy considering my ping.

not gonna bother all the posts here since it's lots of pages but all the QQ bout unfair and unbalanced pvp, it's crap xD

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure I have A LOT of hate to scummoners :D

same bout some blade dancers, destroyers, kfms, force masters.... chi masters >.< !

but ! ~ this game is VERY PING RELIABLE ! if your ping is sh!t then you gonna be sh!t, especially as certain classes more than others...

your reaction time to attacks whether or not you counter on time or dodge on time... is critical lol one mistake and it can literally kill you vs some classes ! especially if you up against much higher hm level <.< ! and am not talkin bout stat~wise but skillpoint~wise... since they can use more skills than you which s*cks >.< ! (tomorrow it will change I think :D )

so unless you learn how to predict your opponent's moves... you will always lose no matter what lol

pvp on bns unlike most games which are literally "highest dps/better gears ~ wins" if you in arena environment that is... -.- since in bg is not gear~balanced which some get all pissed off bout but I find it more interesting... and challenging... 

on bns you need to know your opponent's skills, know what they do and how to counter on time... your reaction time may save you in pvp o.o

I can't say I find some classes bit more annoyin than the rest.... and ye it can b VERY frustrating, ESPECIALLY vs scummoners ! >.< but it's doable ! xD you just need have a strategy on how to beat d cr*p outa the cat or get it out of the way in order to kill the scummoner itself xD or CC em both if u kfm/bd/fm/wl maybe lol

I LOVE pvp and sure as certain classes it's more challenging vs certain classes but the whole idea is to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE till you get it all perfect and move up the ladder ! :3

if you find pvp in bns unbalanced and unfair ~ don't pvp and don't QQ bout it :D

10 hours ago, PKaBoo said:

not gonna bother all the posts here since it's lots of pages but all the QQ bout unfair and unbalanced pvp, it's crap xD

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure I have A LOT of hate to scummoners :D

same bout some blade dancers, destroyers, kfms, force masters.... chi masters >.< !

but ! ~ this game is VERY PING RELIABLE ! if your ping is sh!t then you gonna be sh!t, especially as certain classes more than others...

your reaction time to attacks whether or not you counter on time or dodge on time... is critical lol one mistake and it can literally kill you vs some classes ! especially if you up against much higher hm level <.< ! and am not talkin bout stat~wise but skillpoint~wise... since they can use more skills than you which s*cks >.< ! (tomorrow it will change I think :D )

so unless you learn how to predict your opponent's moves... you will always lose no matter what lol

pvp on bns unlike most games which are literally "highest dps/better gears ~ wins" if you in arena environment that is... -.- since in bg is not gear~balanced which some get all pissed off bout but I find it more interesting... and challenging... 

on bns you need to know your opponent's skills, know what they do and how to counter on time... your reaction time may save you in pvp o.o

I can't say I find some classes bit more annoyin than the rest.... and ye it can b VERY frustrating, ESPECIALLY vs scummoners ! >.< but it's doable ! xD you just need have a strategy on how to beat d cr*p outa the cat or get it out of the way in order to kill the scummoner itself xD or CC em both if u kfm/bd/fm/wl maybe lol

I LOVE pvp and sure as certain classes it's more challenging vs certain classes but the whole idea is to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE till you get it all perfect and move up the ladder ! :3

if you find pvp in bns unbalanced and unfair ~ don't pvp and don't QQ bout it :D

You really can't tell me the pvp is just a tad bit unbalanced because it is. Also me and anyone else that thinks it's unbalanced are free to "QQ" about if we want because it's the truth, people keep trying to make excuses and all this other bs about reaction time and this and that. Yes it's about reaction time but theirs certain shit you can't really react to like that. The pvp has its ups and downs ( mostly downs) and people just want to see it get fixed and to become a little more balanced is all. Because atm it's really not even when you look at the leader boards and see what all the classes are that are in the top rankings. Oh I've "practiced practiced" like your little statement their man times and still get beat by cheap unbalanced stuff, so really you can't tell me it's not unbalanced at all or I don't know maybe you like unbalanced pvp. Anyways with that the pvp just needs to be more Balanced and they know it, it's why only a small few people even really still do pvp, because nobody wants to be bothered with unbalanced in pvp. At this rate if they don't fix it it's gonna be a pve only game.

i know assassins has their stealth and all those stuff but anyways the evades while on stealth is nerfed from 50% to 20% in kr server so expect it.

21 hours ago, hwalien said:

also talking abt gold with 200+ ping I do have 200ms+ ping, as an assassin(I know its a cheap class) with 1700s rating. I usually end 1v1 seasons with getting on the edge of just reaching 1700s like 1700-1710 . I mean assassin its a cheap class but 200ms+ ping its a joke xD playing from asia in the NA servers is tough lol I mean ofc I do also flame a lot while fighting with lower pingers but I do get satisfied by beating them too

From what I think is that even though you have a higher ping you can make your own rotations and combos that can be done with high ping and try ur best to predict what they are doing. also there are few pvp tricks that you can learn too that can help us whilst in high ping

Archived