New to BD. Eletrical Surge?

raiklock

So i'm lvl 48 and getting to end game. My focus is PVE.

I stop and read all the skill for a very long time to understand how it works but I still have many questions.

I'm using Lightning, using X, C and V to put me into draw stance but I find myself not having that Eletrical surge buff very often, does it change later on?

Is there a way to keep ani cancelling "forever"? At lvl 50 is it possible to keep 100% eletrical surge uptime? 

As far as I read, the only needed HM skill is Z, right? Do we really need the other ones? Remember, i'm talking about Pve.

Thanks

Electric Surge is just a "buff" for when you're in draw stance you get one electric orb whenever you crit. The higher your crit rate, the more orbs you get thus the more you can spam F.  The orb is what allows you to use your lightning flash and ani-cancel. It's impossible to have electric surge forever, but it is possible to stay in draw stance forever.

Lightning Draw - 10 seconds (36 sec cd)

Thunder Slash - 3 seconds (18 sec cd)
Storm Cleave - 6 seconds (36 sec cd)* with electric focus training.

So you can have electric surge active for a total of 19 seconds. If you time everything just right, that's enough time to use your X (Thunder Slash) twice. Granting 21 seconds of electric surge. But then there's the 15 seconds of down time before you can use any of those skills again. Which you should save your Flaming Scourge for. And even then you can still run out of focus and go back into basic stance.

As for HM skills. Lightning Draw (C) is a must. But it's so easy to get that it's practically a given already. In my opinion the next one you should get is for Maelstorm. Self iframe/party iframe is both incredibly useful and a life saver for yourself as well as party members. However, if you actively run with a BM that has HM block I usually spec into T5S1 since the party iframe one has a shared CD with BM. Then after that is when I recommend getting HM Z.

RMB and LMB HM skills to me are more focused on improving quality of life rather than absolute necessity. Plus on top of the other HM skills and depending on your skill build, you may have to pick and choose some skills over others. Hope this helps.

Edit: Almost forgot phantom grip as another way to go into draw stance. Ending with RMB gives 6 seconds of Electric Surge if it's going down the right branch.

On 8. 2. 2017 at 11:29 PM, iVee said:

Electric Surge is just a "buff" for when you're in draw stance you get one electric orb whenever you crit. The higher your crit rate, the more orbs you get thus the more you can spam F.  The orb is what allows you to use your lightning flash and ani-cancel. It's impossible to have electric surge forever, but it is possible to stay in draw stance forever.

Actually Electric surge grants also 15% Crit hit .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived