Interesting fact about Sogun final fight that'll make it go much faster

RoseKnight

Do u guys get bored standing back as asura protects himself with a ground aoe and barrier as he shoots projectiles at you? Tired of having to group together under yours or another shielding unable to do anything but block until he's done? Well that time is over its time to fight back and I'll tell you how. I figured this out using a summoner and then confirmed my suspicions on a soulfighter. 

When Asura puts down that ground aoe, fire or ice, and puts up a shield to deflect attacks he cave be hit but only certain skills. These skills have to have an aoe effect, hitting multiple targets at once. On the summoner by chance my petal storm was still going and I noticed the damage he took was the same as before he put up his defence. Then on the soul fighter it was confirmed using these skills: displace, ice coil, whirlwind, and ripple punch. All these attacks did normal damage. No longer must we wait till he's done to attack we can too.

I haven't tested this with melee attacks yet. On the soul fighter I have right punch (that pierces parry), ground ripple, and 2nd attack after elbow smash to test. I don't have any other melee character high enough to test this so if you wanna give it a try post here and let hear your results. I'll edit this post when I test my melee skills.

Every class should be able to do that. He only deflects projectiles so melee classes can attack him and range classes can use non-projectiles, too. So yes, you can hurt him the whole time. It only depends on

1. your focus

2. surviving while standing in the circle

15 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Every class should be able to do that. He only deflects projectiles so melee classes can attack him and range classes can use non-projectiles, too. So yes, you can hurt him the whole time. It only depends on

1. your focus

2. surviving while standing in the circle

Its about time to get this info out there every time all ppl do is hide in projectile protections and wait him out when we can keep bringing his health down. I've nvr seen a guide that ever posted about this so now it's here for all.

I know a lot of people who already do this, including myself, however i really hope that in fire phase people know when to get out. I.E summoners who keep wailing on the boss and don't recall their cat, i.e melees who don't get out in time, end up being the closest to Asura instead of me or designated mark, get targeted then proceed to stay in the middle killing half the party and/or causing less dps to be done overall cause we all have to stand around twiddling our thumbs while we wait for the aoe swords to go away. Overall yes, you can do more dps if it's done right. Do i trust others to do so? No, not really. It's sad that i don't, but running with anyone but my guildies/friends has taught me that the most important thing when you pug is to just assume no one knows what theyre doing.

Archived