Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MonkeyDRuffy

Wings of the Raven Patch Notes

22 posts in this topic

"The Wings of the Raven update brings new content and rewards.

Wings of the Raven
WingsoftheRaven_PN_1.jpg

Two new 24-member dungeons arrive with this update, including the brutally difficult end-game raid: Skybreak Spire. In addition, a new Legendary upgrade path, streamlined Evolution paths, 6v6 Clan rankings, and a new generation of Legendary accessories round out the highlights for Wings of the Raven.

Learn more on our update overview site, or scroll down to the patch notes for the full details.

Evolution Streamlining
WingsoftheRaven_PN_2.jpg

We’re drastically changing the weapon upgrade and Evolution paths leading up to and beyond Silverfrost, allowing new and returning players an easier and quicker way to catch up, and a smoother transition to the Evolution system once reaching max level.

Be sure to learn all the details to understand how these changes affect you.

Wings of the Raven Instances
WingsoftheRaven_PN_3.jpg

Only the most coordinated and well-prepared players will be able to attempt Skybreak Spire, an elite new tier of true raiding being introduced to Blade & Soul. For everyone else you’ll be able to tackle an alternate dark realm of the great Naryu Empire in Dawn of Khanda Vihar, and attempt to defeat increasingly difficult enemies in this new 24-member instance.

Get a quick overview of both of these instances in our recent article.

Wings of the Raven 2.11 Patch Notes

General

  • Weapon and Accessory progression has been overhauled.
  • The Blade & Soulmate event is now live and will run from February 8 through March 22.
    • Complete the daily quest "Blade & Soulmate" at Jadestone Village to receive Love Potion and Heart's Desire Boxes, which contain the Chocolate Heart event currency.
    • Exchange Chocolate Hearts through the Event Items tab in Dragon Express to receive the following rewards:
      • Flawless Sparkling Hongmoon Hexagonal Amethyst
      • Daywatch Outfit
      • Excellent Experience Charm
      • Heart Fireworks
      • Fortune Potion
    • Additional Chocolate Hearts can be earned through the Daily Dash as well as certain bundles of items on the Hongmoon Store.
  • The 64-bit client is now available.
    • If you would like to run the 32-bit client, please select the option from the Blade & Soul Launcher.
  • Daily Challenge quests have been updated for Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Raids

  • Dawn of Khanda Vihar, a weekly 24-member raid instance, is now available and can be accessed from southern Khanda Vihar.
    • Warning: Entering Dawn of Khanda Vihar while part of an Alliance that has defeated Meganura will cause you to be saved to that instance ID.
  • Skybreak Spire, a weekly 24-member raid dungeon, is now available and can be accessed from northern Khanda Vihar.
    • Warning: Entering Skybreak Spire while part of an Alliance that has defeated the first boss Venomsky Drake will cause you to be saved to that instance ID.
  • Weekly raid lockouts expire at 6 AM server time every Wednesday.

Tower of Infinity

  • The Tower of Infinity - Season of Triumph Season 1/3 has begun and will run from February 8 until March 22.
  • Tower of Infinity - Season of Triumph tickets are now required to enter the Tower of Infinity.
  • New Soul Badges are now available from the Tower Trader NPC Gang Chiwon as well as the second Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express.
  • Weekly and Seasonal rewards have been updated.
  • Fury Tokens can now be traded and sold on the Marketplace.

Items

  • Galaxy Weapons can now be upgraded to Stage 9.
  • Baleful and Seraph Weapons can now be upgraded to Stage 10.
  • Legendary Raven Weapons are now available and can be upgraded from Baleful or Seraph Stage 10 to a maximum of Stage 6.
  • Octagonal and Flawless Brilliant Hongmoon Octagonal gems are now available via the Transmutation menu.

PvP

  • 6v6 Clan Battlegrounds are now available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 8 PM - 10 PM server time.
  • 6v6 Clan Battleground Season 1 has begun and will run from February 8 through March 22.
    • 6v6 Clan Battleground rankings can be viewed in the F11 menu.  Weekly and Seasonal rewards have been added.
  • 3v3 Tag Match Season 5 has begun and will run from February 8 through March 22.
  • Whirlwind Valley Season 5 has begun and will run from February 8 through March 22.

Localization

  • Fixed and updated localization in English, German, and French."

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/wings-of-the-raven-patch-notes/

Edited by MonkeyDRuffy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of how little Chocolate Hearts are available, especially needing 50 for the gem.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im wondering too cus if the bundles r one time buy... they probably will be buy as many as you want. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

Im wondering too cus if the bundles r one time buy... they probably will be buy as many as you want. 

unless they put some "chocolates only" for sale (at a not friendly price) i don't believe you will be able to buy as many as you want

how was it with the coralites (cant remember)?

Edited by Dotimus
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be a slightly stupid question, but, if the idea of no longer needing to "upgrade" your weapon at lower levels, what will this do to new or lower level toons (characters) and the weapons drops that are normally sold in the market ?  If you are not going to need those items now, the ability to get extra "gold" is also being taken away.  So, if I make another toon (character) and get a few weapon drops early on, I will get a whopping 1 copper each for them from what I am seeing.  While they might be making certain things simpler, they are also hurting the games economy in doing so.  Copper/silver/gold  is hard enough to come by in the game already.  I see the idea of the weapon changes being rather good, I see the way it's going to effect the other aspects of the game not going so well.   Professions take way to long and the Market is fickle where they are concerned.  Gold is already all but impossible to come by at lower levels...and even higher levels...so this is just going to make coming by it even more difficult in my opinion.  I am just saying that overall, I see this being something that will push more people away than being helpful to them.  I love the game, but the gold grind has already gotten quite old and that is where my complaints have been for the most part all along.

Edited by Criston
added new content to post.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mainly a NEW 50 player might have had the need for gold exactly because he would need to get some rng weapon from ... tainted lab before he could properly run hc dungeons.

in the future he just goes to the easy hc... lair,cs,... to get some gold

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottDaniels said:

Not a fan of how little Chocolate Hearts are available, especially needing 50 for the gem.  

where does it say 50= gem? im just curious... wondering if i missed something 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

where does it say 50= gem? im just curious... wondering if i missed something 

stream, but thought it was 60.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LilithWalker said:

 

stream, but thought it was 60.

ahh okay thanks! guess we'll find out tomorrow 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Criston said:

This might be a slightly stupid question, but, if the idea of no longer needing to "upgrade" your weapon at lower levels, what will this do to new or lower level toons (characters) and the weapons drops that are normally sold in the market ?  If you are not going to need those items now, the ability to get extra "gold" is also being taken away.  So, if I make another toon (character) and get a few weapon drops early on, I will get a whopping 1 copper each for them from what I am seeing.  While they might be making certain things simpler, they are also hurting the games economy in doing so.  Copper/silver/gold  is hard enough to come by in the game already.  I see the idea of the weapon changes being rather good, I see the way it's going to effect the other aspects of the game not going so well.   Professions take way to long and the Market is fickle where they are concerned.  Gold is already all but impossible to come by at lower levels...and even higher levels...so this is just going to make coming by it even more difficult in my opinion.  I am just saying that overall, I see this being something that will push more people away than being helpful to them.  I love the game, but the gold grind has already gotten quite old and that is where my complaints have been for the most part all along.

And for what exactly do you need gold for on low lvls? Upgrading gear. Now that you don't need to upgrade anymore, you can enjoy leveling until silverfrost for free. You WILL accumulate gold from your quests on your way, in fact it's going to be  easier than before. By the time you finish silverfrost you will have more than 70g in your bank. If you play smart, this 70g is enough for starter bidding and slowly upgrading while you accumulate more gold. Gold is easy to earn, just hop in cross-server  - especially now that upgrading costs have been greatly reduced. Honestly, I fail to see the problem you're stating. Instead of random weapon drops, you have improved random ornament drops. Way better.

Edited by Nekonata
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eh maybe the temporary new daily challenges give out chocolate hearts? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ScottDaniels said:

Not a fan of how little Chocolate Hearts are available, especially needing 50 for the gem.  

Maybe the chest for them procs?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about the hongmoon legacy chest..

The Hongmoon Legacy Chest contains the following items:

  • Soulstone (x250)
  • Moonstone (x70)
  • Frozen Stinger (x200)
  • Naryu Tablet (x15)
  • Silverfrost Refining Stone (x150)

did they miss something on the list? *silverfrost transformation stone*

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, newbiez said:

about the hongmoon legacy chest..

The Hongmoon Legacy Chest contains the following items:

  • Soulstone (x250)
  • Moonstone (x70)
  • Frozen Stinger (x200)
  • Naryu Tablet (x15)
  • Silverfrost Refining Stone (x150)

did they miss something on the list? *silverfrost transformation stone*

Maybe cus its a craft item T___T rather than a straight farmed drop

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, Nekonata said:

And for what exactly do you need gold for on low lvls? Upgrading gear. Now that you don't need to upgrade anymore, you can enjoy leveling until silverfrost for free. You WILL accumulate gold from your quests on your way, in fact it's going to be  easier than before. By the time you finish silverfrost you will have more than 70g in your bank. If you play smart, this 70g is enough for starter bidding and slowly upgrading while you accumulate more gold. Gold is easy to earn, just hop in cross-server  - especially now that upgrading costs have been greatly reduced. Honestly, I fail to see the problem you're stating. Instead of random weapon drops, you have improved random ornament drops. Way better.

OK, seeing as the cost of upgrades might have been reduced, lets be honest, I have a Level 48 BD that is lacking the gold to get her upgrades finished.  Second, if we are being honest, Only the weapons have been changed, you still have three trinkets in need of upgrading. Now, I follow your logic, though I see it as flawed.  There are several things that will require gold in the game.  First, let us assume that you are going to only use two Characters, there is no way you can even hope to support two full crafting Professions let alone four without heading to the Market.  Even if you have four characters, you will still likely need to visit the market to keep leveling your Professions.  Next, we have the little items that make the game more fun overall, like Gems, you can get a weapon with three slots open yet you only have One free gem at the levels we are talking about.  Now, lets talk about Old Man Cho, ever look at the cost of a Purification Jar, you know as well as I that whatever gold you mentions will be cut in half as soon as you head to the market and buy one.  Don't feel like buying one, cool, kiss at least One Dungeon goodbye and several other places that will require you have the ability to run up a wall.  Now, again, you are right where your weapon is concerned, but sadly, you speak from the side of one that has already leveled up and now just grinds out whatever they want that day.  I figure you have all the Professions covered and likely maxed  (either yourself or through a clan).  So, this leaves someone new to face a grind that you have long passed.  Try it out for yourself, I did, I made a new Character and went without any support, that lasted up to level 21, at which time I discovered I was no longer having fun.  Now, if people are not having fun, do you really think they are going to keep playing the game, much less dropping real money into it ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Criston said:

 Now, lets talk about Old Man Cho, ever look at the cost of a Purification Jar, you know as well as I that whatever gold you mentions will be cut in half as soon as you head to the market and buy one.  Don't feel like buying one, cool, kiss at least One Dungeon goodbye and several other places that will require you have the ability to run up a wall. 

Maybe you should read the quest text again and more carefully. the purification jar is used for Windwalk 3 (aka 20k spring) nor for wall run. 

http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Purification_Jar

 

for Wall run you need an item from faction npc in misty woods.

Edited by RainbowDashie
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys  , first post post in this topic says -  The Blade & Soulmate event is now live and will run from February 8 through March 22.  , but on the News and Announcements topic  Blade&Soulmate event is till march 1 . Which one is true ??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FurryBob said:

hey guys  , first post post in this topic says -  The Blade & Soulmate event is now live and will run from February 8 through March 22.  , but on the News and Announcements topic  Blade&Soulmate event is till march 1 . Which one is true ??

The event is till March the 1st.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Criston said:

OK, seeing as the cost of upgrades might have been reduced, lets be honest, I have a Level 48 BD that is lacking the gold to get her upgrades finished.  Second, if we are being honest, Only the weapons have been changed, you still have three trinkets in need of upgrading. Now, I follow your logic, though I see it as flawed.  There are several things that will require gold in the game.  First, let us assume that you are going to only use two Characters, there is no way you can even hope to support two full crafting Professions let alone four without heading to the Market.  Even if you have four characters, you will still likely need to visit the market to keep leveling your Professions.  Next, we have the little items that make the game more fun overall, like Gems, you can get a weapon with three slots open yet you only have One free gem at the levels we are talking about.  Now, lets talk about Old Man Cho, ever look at the cost of a Purification Jar, you know as well as I that whatever gold you mentions will be cut in half as soon as you head to the market and buy one.  Don't feel like buying one, cool, kiss at least One Dungeon goodbye and several other places that will require you have the ability to run up a wall.  Now, again, you are right where your weapon is concerned, but sadly, you speak from the side of one that has already leveled up and now just grinds out whatever they want that day.  I figure you have all the Professions covered and likely maxed  (either yourself or through a clan).  So, this leaves someone new to face a grind that you have long passed.  Try it out for yourself, I did, I made a new Character and went without any support, that lasted up to level 21, at which time I discovered I was no longer having fun.  Now, if people are not having fun, do you really think they are going to keep playing the game, much less dropping real money into it ?

I'm a bit late but - The accs can be bought from npcs and are all pretty good for their respective level. Once you get to silverfrost, the buyable acc are very good and can last until you get your evolvable accs past them. There's also 4 (ring, earing, bracelet, belt) not counting the soul. If you don't have a character that can generate enough money, I don't suggest making another character that needs a lot of money (in crafting). I also don't see many people supporting characters fully on selling low level weapons, I surely didn't. You don't really have a need for gems before silverfrost but you can craft them yourself for a rather cheap price and mats that are easy to come by (Plus a bit of blessing from rng god). They don't really need to be good at that level range. People who already have characters leveled past this point are generally the ones who know how many things in the market work, so they're generally more knowledgeable than newer people in how to handle things when changes like this go down even though it doesn't affect them as much. If they're dropping money into it, the beginner bundle is a very good deal for starting out and pretty much by passes all of your concerns for less than 5$. You can always find higher level friends who are willing to help. I've found some very nice people along they way who've helped me a ton and I'm almost always willing to run stuff with people until they get what they need (Need those achievement points anyway). Need to run tomb of exiles but you're damage is a bit low? We can duo it and all the drops are yours, there's a 100 or 1k run achievement XD.

 

On another note - I'm even having a hard time switching out my Ivory Moon Neckless since i'd feel bad for losing 585 crit that the evolvable neckless doesn't really get back until Oath Neckless. These are lv45 acc.

Edited by Biyori
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Criston said:

OK, seeing as the cost of upgrades might have been reduced, lets be honest, I have a Level 48 BD that is lacking the gold to get her upgrades finished.  Second, if we are being honest, Only the weapons have been changed, you still have three trinkets in need of upgrading. Now, I follow your logic, though I see it as flawed.  There are several things that will require gold in the game.  First, let us assume that you are going to only use two Characters, there is no way you can even hope to support two full crafting Professions let alone four without heading to the Market.  Even if you have four characters, you will still likely need to visit the market to keep leveling your Professions.  Next, we have the little items that make the game more fun overall, like Gems, you can get a weapon with three slots open yet you only have One free gem at the levels we are talking about.  Now, lets talk about Old Man Cho, ever look at the cost of a Purification Jar, you know as well as I that whatever gold you mentions will be cut in half as soon as you head to the market and buy one.  Don't feel like buying one, cool, kiss at least One Dungeon goodbye and several other places that will require you have the ability to run up a wall.  Now, again, you are right where your weapon is concerned, but sadly, you speak from the side of one that has already leveled up and now just grinds out whatever they want that day.  I figure you have all the Professions covered and likely maxed  (either yourself or through a clan).  So, this leaves someone new to face a grind that you have long passed.  Try it out for yourself, I did, I made a new Character and went without any support, that lasted up to level 21, at which time I discovered I was no longer having fun.  Now, if people are not having fun, do you really think they are going to keep playing the game, much less dropping real money into it ?

Well you see, I have figured long ago buying materials from market to craft anything will waste you more gold than just buying a finished product, at least for the most items I needed. Nowadays I just craft unsealing charms and antidotes and keep them for myself. I'm sure I would make an extra few gold by selling some items, but the point is to not rely on crafting, as prices fluctuate by the minute.  Profitable items require you to buy expensive recipes and a lot of investment to actually start the crafting. Professions don't really net anything useful for early levels, therefore should not be your primary concern. In the old days I would use those 5 pickaxes you would get from quest and had enough money until moonwater. Gems are kind of luxury items for a new character...not that you will miss 'em. I myself don't know any dungeon that requires a purification jar (well I've been to sogun so far - and if you're fit to do sogun, you are probably making enough money to buy one). The only support I have provided for my new characters was - I can't remember really. Mail for F2P players was bugged back then - and purposely not fixed for months. I simply couldn't support my characters. Now you get everything you need for free;  refer to post above. I admit, gear is really crappy; refer to posts of people saying you will learn your class better. 

 

And for the fun leveling part...I have 9 characters. 7 of them are at 50. I'm currently focusing on leveling the remaining 2. I still don't support my low characters. I know how tedious leveling is. Especially since you're repeating the same thing you have done already 9 times. And that's what makes it boring for us. I don't level when I don't feel like it. When you're a new player starting out, everything is still new and interesting. Back then when BnS came out, I have had loads of fun leveling. Money and upgrades were never one of my concerns, I just wanted to see more cutscenes. I didn't really know what I was doing either, so I just enjoyed. When you already have a maxed character, you know what you need to do, nothing to discover. Alright, I know there are people who have the urge to constantly have the best gear available... but isn't that what you do once you level high enough in mmorpgs? When you actually have the means and need to  upgrade your gear?  During leveling you just use what you drop/get and go on? I believe BnS is a game which can keep your interest until you get to that. Leveling is fast enough. 

 

p.s. hongmoon accessories have been removed, doesn't that tell you something? I don't get what are you trying to upgrade on your character, except the weapon...which is fit for running the dungeons you need for materials...and the accessories which will save you hundreds of gold drop like candy in said dungeons...If you're a pretty new player which still needs to grasp the ropes, don't be shy, we will help out :)

Edited by Nekonata
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay i'm completely confused about the upgradable accessories.

 

The new chart seems to say that lucent and pinnacle are better. but in some fashions it seems my existing stuff is better.

 

i have the following.

 

True Siren ring

awaken siren earring

awakened siren necklace

awaked oathbreaker bracelet

awaken siren belt

 

all are at Stage 10

 

Should i try to upgrade them further (they seem to ask for ivorymoon stuff to upgrade them now), or should i just grab irorymoon/lucent/pinnacle? i already have some lucent, but the stats are different.

 

The lucent ring has less criti then my true siren, for example, but more crit damage.

 

what's the deal?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zapzap77 said:

Okay i'm completely confused about the upgradable accessories.

 

The new chart seems to say that lucent and pinnacle are better. but in some fashions it seems my existing stuff is better.

 

i have the following.

 

True Siren ring

awaken siren earring

awakened siren necklace

awaked oathbreaker bracelet

awaken siren belt

 

all are at Stage 10

 

Should i try to upgrade them further (they seem to ask for ivorymoon stuff to upgrade them now), or should i just grab irorymoon/lucent/pinnacle? i already have some lucent, but the stats are different.

 

The lucent ring has less criti then my true siren, for example, but more crit damage.

 

what's the deal?

 

 

Evolved (siren/oathbreaker) ring and earring are better than pinnacle, the rest you should just use pinnacle but don't throw the other things out. When you max them out you can salvage them for 30 legendary jewels to upgrade legendary accessories. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0