Class Change Service

Ev1ldark

So, like the title says, I think I am one (of the , I guess, many) who would like to see a CLASS CHANGE SERVICE.

I know, before anyone rants about "start a new char from 0 if you wanna play a different class" etc. etc., I would like to say I am one of the players who started since OB.

But due to my daily real life activity (job, school, gf , normal life things etc) I have very little time to play (2-3h / weekdays  and 4-5h during Weekends) I got to grow old and tired of my main class.

I got really really tired of my main and it would be really time consuming and hard to start a new char from scratch. All the leveling / item upgrades / gold and other mats gathered.

I mean I got to hm 11 and 30% since March 2016 up to now, starting from 0 when you are a casual player means another year to get the new char to almost the same level as the old one, meaning losing time and content.

I do not ask for a "change your class anytime service", but for a service that could be used 1 - 2 times MAX per character or even account.

I would gladly pay anywhere near 50 USD for such a service and I think I wouldn't be the only one.

Or at least a Service you can use to say change ur class and start from HM 1 but have all ur wep / acc / mats / gold etc. Or a service where you can move all your items to another char in your account, getting the equivalent weap and soul shields. The leveling can be say handled, but the time and gold and grinding to get your wep / acc / soul shields is horiffic.

Anyone else on board with this?

well honestly I don't see me going for the long run if they don't add a similar service... and it's a shame cuz I waited 3+ years for the game to launch and now after 1 year I got so badly bored with my main... It's not that I would want to quit, just the boredom pushes me towards qutting eventually.

2 hours ago, Ev1ldark said:

So, like the title says, I think I am one (of the , I guess, many) who would like to see a CLASS CHANGE SERVICE.

I know, before anyone rants about "start a new char from 0 if you wanna play a different class" etc. etc., I would like to say I am one of the players who started since OB.

But due to my daily real life activity (job, school, gf , normal life things etc) I have very little time to play (2-3h / weekdays  and 4-5h during Weekends) I got to grow old and tired of my main class.

I got really really tired of my main and it would be really time consuming and hard to start a new char from scratch. All the leveling / item upgrades / gold and other mats gathered.

I mean I got to hm 11 and 30% since March 2016 up to now, starting from 0 when you are a casual player means another year to get the new char to almost the same level as the old one, meaning losing time and content.

I do not ask for a "change your class anytime service", but for a service that could be used 1 - 2 times MAX per character or even account.

I would gladly pay anywhere near 50 USD for such a service and I think I wouldn't be the only one.

Or at least a Service you can use to say change ur class and start from HM 1 but have all ur wep / acc / mats / gold etc. Or a service where you can move all your items to another char in your account, getting the equivalent weap and soul shields. The leveling can be say handled, but the time and gold and grinding to get your wep / acc / soul shields is horiffic.

So you got bored of playing class and you lazy, but it's none of my business. Personally I'll be happy with ticket to lvl 50 (with condition that there is one lvl 50 on account, just to make sure you saw story).

Regarding acc, you can farm lege necklace/belt/ring on your main, upgrading weapons to true scorpio will be a joke after next patch.

I'm against your idea. 

No to a class change. I to have limited play time due to work and my kids. But I managed to level a Summoner to HM5 and a WL to HM6 then I felt like my clan that I ran needed someone as a grabber so I leveled a Desto to HM9 but it wasn't for me after a bit and we needed a tank to I level a BM to HM8 again melee has never been my thing so after a bit playing it got tedious. I had deleted my HM5 Summoner so I started a brand new one about 3 weeks ago and she is already HM7. Leveling isn't tough in this game. and with the new changes you'll hit 50 now with more gold because you won't upgrading weapons and accessories right away.

Just because you have an HM13 Sin doesn't mean you'll be able to instantly jump into an HM13 Warlock (just an example)

• 2 weeks later...

i would remake my weapon from scratch if it meant i could change my class! i have 3 useless classes i do not want anymore because i dont enjoy them, but it feels like a waste to delete them now.. since they're so high leveled already.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎06 at 6:12 AM, Ev1ldark said:

No game in the history of games has ever allowed a player to change their class legitimately. I can't even imagine the programming hell it would be to pull off.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎06 at 6:57 AM, ZodiacLock said:

well if they are able to transfer your char to a different server they should be able to atlease transfer your accessoryes to a different charecter on the same account. but they dont do it..no idea why.

That's moving the whole package from point A to point B. There are class specific achievements that unlock skills, so all your achievements have to be wiped out - nobody is going to create a command to sift through achievements. Weapons are completely incompatible with other classes, so you're starting from scratch.

Instead of asking for a class change, ask for a new character boost like WoW has.

1 hour ago, dashrem said:

No game in the history of games has ever allowed a player to change their class legitimately. I can't even imagine the programming hell it would be to pull off.

That's moving the whole package from point A to point B. There are class specific achievements that unlock skills, so all your achievements have to be wiped out - nobody is going to create a command to sift through achievements. Weapons are completely incompatible with other classes, so you're starting from scratch.

Instead of asking for a class change, ask for a new character boost like WoW has.

Skyforge, PSO2, and more recently Revelation Online are some games that comes to mind that has a class change as an in-game thing (skyforge/PSO2) or item from cash shop (Revelation online).

In all three cases though, you had to start your gear/stats from scratch unless your class you switch to uses the same type of gear/stats.  

2 hours ago, Syung Soon said:

if they ever do this i wanna try BM

but for now

KFM IS LOVE KFM IS LIFE

Edit: why not rally enought people on suggestion with this idea so it can actually have a chance to happen?

i hit that hammer like 3 and 6 months ago..nothing changed...

57 minutes ago, Lazy Bum said:

Skyforge, PSO2, and more recently Revelation Online are some games that comes to mind that has a class change as an in-game thing (skyforge/PSO2) or item from cash shop (Revelation online).

In all three cases though, you had to start your gear/stats from scratch unless your class you switch to uses the same type of gear/stats.  

Skyforge and PSO2 you can only create one character. And they make you pay out your ass for everything regarding that 1 character. I don't know about Revelation.

U have to pay more, i heard about ppl with prem lv 10 who had their accessiors and everything transfered to different characters (classes)
A friend even got told that his prem rank is to low for that to happen (he was like prem lv 5)

so i guess u have better chances if u have a high premium rank and then write a ticket.

1 hour ago, Bladesoyun said:

It would be great to have at least accessories bound to account. And mabe weapon as well using some sort of twisted mirror to mutate it or something. That could be big buks for the company as well. Just my 2 cents

It is only good if you play your alt the same class as your main. Or else, you wouldn't be able to use your weapon. Also, it is easy to upgrade the hm accessories now and they can't make legend accessories account bound or else it defeats the purpose of farming them in dungeons. Everyone will just get 1 of each legendary accessories and never have to run the dungeons again.

3 hours ago, dashrem said:

Elsword, albeit a really shitty game with really shitty lua programming, has class change tickets that work fairly simple.

If the incompetence of KoG can manage that, Im pretty sure ncsoft can too.

I know its been stated on some twitter feed that class changes will never happen, but yknow what, policies change. If it did happen, a week to a month cooldown before you can change again is probably best to prevent abuse.

12 minutes ago, Karurosuda said:

Elsword, albeit a really shitty game with really shitty lua programming, has class change tickets that work fairly simple.

If the incompetence of KoG can manage that, Im pretty sure ncsoft can too.

I know its been stated on some twitter feed that class changes will never happen, but yknow what, policies change. If it did happen, a week to a month cooldown before you can change again is probably best to prevent abuse.

Like I said, it would be simpler to just create a character boost. There isn't a huge team to work on a massive project like class changing.

8 minutes ago, dashrem said:

Like I said, it would be simpler to just create a character boost. There isn't a huge team to work on a massive project like class changing.

I know it probably isn't easy to program class changing, but I think youre largely overestimating the workload.

1 hour ago, dashrem said:

Skyforge and PSO2 you can only create one character. And they make you pay out your ass for everything regarding that 1 character. I don't know about Revelation.

On revelation online, the class change is usable if you are at least lvl 69. It allows you to change your class to any of the other classes. The issue is classes uses different armors / weapons / accessories so at the minimum you will have to re-craft your equipment... which sets you behind really badly especially since most of the content(dailies) in that game is scaled based off your level making you need to be carried for a long time. It's probably easier and faster to just make a new character unless you have a group carrying you. 

I  want a ticket that gives me a level 50 character but then I would have to worry about achievements/ story line / quests/ etc. There's a "jump" option (correct me if I am wrong) in the other versions of BnS where you start at level 45 with X gears/soul shield (with quests up to a certain point finished). 

6 hours ago, Lazy Bum said:

On revelation online, the class change is usable if you are at least lvl 69. It allows you to change your class to any of the other classes. The issue is classes uses different armors / weapons / accessories so at the minimum you will have to re-craft your equipment... which sets you behind really badly especially since most of the content(dailies) in that game is scaled based off your level making you need to be carried for a long time. It's probably easier and faster to just make a new character unless you have a group carrying you. 

I  want a ticket that gives me a level 50 character but then I would have to worry about achievements/ story line / quests/ etc. There's a "jump" option (correct me if I am wrong) in the other versions of BnS where you start at level 45 with X gears/soul shield (with quests up to a certain point finished). 

As you stated, the other versions have those benefits now because they have been opened for few years now. This NA/US version is much newer when compared to them. I believe in the next year or so, this version will do the same thing just to keep the population. 

Archived