Forums

Is very important for the future bns problem ( server)

hello plz i ask if u can guys make new or replaced the server from tixsas to eu or eroupe we want our real server we want play real ping plz when i play in another game in real eu got 104-106 ping or ms when here got 220-300 that not eu ping that usa ping comon guys do something just fix the problem all players in eu want to fix ths real big problem just replace in eu like every game do we need server on eu just make one plzz i just ask ths for eu get better gemeplay and real fun we will enjoy if ths will make just try fix ths problem we just waiting to u guys do something in ths problem thank u for support and i just for ask for the game get better and better

ITS RLY important FOR THE ( SERVER )   we ask u plz to contro  ths problem thx 

The EU Servers already placed in EU. Only the IP is goin to Texas cause NCSoft got a range of IP Adresses and they are located in Texas cause their HQ is in Texas.

BTW if that 200-300 ms is your ingame delay then its just a 100-150ms ping even less then that. Cause this delay is not only a ping, it also counts the server reaction time, the way back to you and the reaction time of your pc.

3 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

The EU Servers already placed in EU. Only the IP is goin to Texas cause NCSoft got a range of IP Adresses and they are located in Texas cause their HQ is in Texas.

BTW if that 200-300 ms is your ingame delay then its just a 100-150ms ping even less then that. Cause this delay is not only a ping, it also counts the server reaction time, the way back to you and the reaction time of your pc.

So you are saying if mine ms is 100 - 130 then real one is shorter? Confusing..

7 minutes ago, Dyeless said:

So you are saying if mine ms is 100 - 130 then real one is shorter? Confusing..

ingame its just a Delay. It self tell it to you in the options "show delay". And a dealy is not a real single ping.

as i said a single ping is just send a package from you to the server. Thats it thats a ping.
And this delay also count the server reaction time, the way back and the reaction time of your pc.

ie if you have a normal 40 ping and we dont count server and pc to it your delay is min 80ms. Now count around 15-20ms for server and pc reaction and et viola we have a 95-100ms delay.

33 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

ingame its just a Delay. It self tell it to you in the options "show delay". And a dealy is not a real single ping.

as i said a single ping is just send a package from you to the server. Thats it thats a ping.
And this delay also count the server reaction time, the way back and the reaction time of your pc.

ie if you have a normal 40 ping and we dont count server and pc to it your delay is min 80ms. Now count around 15-20ms for server and pc reaction and et viola we have a 95-100ms delay.

whatever u call it it is the same.

call it ping or delay, if the game register my input later than i do meanwhile your game register your input at a different timing, u have LAG, whichj is, in a reactive pvp game, a bad thing..to not add funny adjectives.

9 minutes ago, Shukran said:

whatever u call it it is the same.

call it ping or delay, if the game register my input later than i do meanwhile your game register your input at a different timing, u have LAG, whichj is, in a reactive pvp game, a bad thing..to not add funny adjectives.

That not, but peopla shall understand what is the difference between this. So maybe they will realise that their ts3/other game delay is nearly the same as here.

I dont know where you play from, but having 300 ping to the EU server and you live in EU is just plain stupid. Seriously tho, I play from Bulgaria with 45-55 ping. 90% of those high ping cases are the ISPs fault. Dont you think if it was the servers fault everyone would have the same ping? Distance to the server matters, routing matters. Routing is responsibility of the ISPs, not the servers.

23 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I dont know where you play from, but having 300 ping to the EU server and you live in EU is just plain stupid. Seriously tho, I play from Bulgaria with 45-55 ping. 90% of those high ping cases are the ISPs fault. Dont you think if it was the servers fault everyone would have the same ping? Distance to the server matters, routing matters. Routing is responsibility of the ISPs, not the servers.

im BAD  at examples but i try to explain my point of view.

aside from east europe having one of the best average speed connection in EU..w.e

let's say a multiplayer game needs "10 internet speed" to have low ping, BnS with that "10 internet speed" LAGS. u have to put into BnS about "50-100 internet speed" to go on pair with other games needs. 

basically, to have BnS going smooth, and being BnS a 2012 game, it needs modern pc and higher internet speed. which is silly.

5 minutes ago, Shukran said:

aside from east europe having one of the best average speed connection in EU..w.e

let's say a multiplayer game needs "10 internet speed" to have low ping, BnS with that "10 internet speed" LAGS. u have to put into BnS about "50-100 internet speed" to go on pair with other games needs. 

basically, to have BnS going smooth, and being BnS a 2012 game, it needs modern pc and higher internet speed. which is silly.

I had clanmates from Greece who had 200+ ping in the EU server.

You get LAG because your PC is not good enough, you get DELAY and HIGH PING when you are too far away from the server / your connection speed is trash / your ISP routing is trash.

Im running bns with 30fps on my 6yo PC (Intel Pentium Core2Duo 3 GHz, 8GB 1333MHz DDR3, GeForce GTX630) with custom modified windows 7. My connection is 40/40mbits/sec. Its just that my ISP is capable enough to get high speed routing not get the cheapest one and sell it for 20-30 euro and you get trash connection :D

16 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I had clanmates from Greece who had 200+ ping in the EU server.

You get LAG because your PC is not good enough, you get DELAY and HIGH PING when you are too far away from the server / your connection speed is trash / your ISP routing is trash.

Im running bns with 30fps on my 6yo PC (Intel Pentium Core2Duo 3 GHz, 8GB 1333MHz DDR3, GeForce GTX630) with custom modified windows 7. My connection is 40/40mbits/sec. Its just that my ISP is capable enough to get high speed routing not get the cheapest one and sell it for 20-30 euro and you get trash connection :D

40/40 connection means 40dl / 40ul?

your 20-30€ trash connection actually works smooth on every single multiplayer game of the last 15 years. and i reiterate, bns is not a 2016 game. it is a 2012 if u are lucky.

guild wars 2 is 2012 and works "very " fine. and i dare you to say that in wvwvw are less than the players we get in ssp.

planetside 2 is 2012 accordingly to google. never had an issue.

as i stated you play good because your connection is way over the required to play smooth .

I have a 60mb up 10mb down I get 150-200 in blade and soul yet I can play BLESS on the Tokyo server and have a 70-82 ms ping. Its really not about your computer the issues with the game is 1.) Gameguard utter garbage that does nothing. Sure as shit don't stop bots or hacks. 2.) American internet is garbage for the most part in most states the garbage internet is still on copper and not fiber. 3.) This game get serious video lag when you have sli 1090's which I have making you turn SLI off to play this game. I have a i7 36 GB's of fast memory dual 1090's video cards on M.2 hard drives, the issue is not my computer the issue is usually 99% of the time routeing to shitty ass texas.

Edited by NekoBetty
  • 10 months later...

The issue is the netcode in BNS is trash and always has been.  Added to the fact that the ping time you see in game DOES NOT account for movement.  That ping time is ONLY when you use skills.

So while I ping 40ms to Texas, My skill ping is 90-150 in BNS with occasional spikes to 250ms.    That has nothing to do with routing, or my ISP, or my PC.  That's NCSoft's shit servers and shit netcode that people have been complaining about for the last 5 years, and still NCSoft does nothing about it.

And if you think I have a poor connection, then tell that to my ISP who provides 500Mbs down and 40Mbs up. (That is I download large files at 60 Mega Bytes per second, and upload at 5 Mega Bytes per second.)  Not to be confused with "Bits" which is what your ISP measures your internet speed at.

And if you think I have a poor PC with high latency, I have 8ms latency on my PC at most.

i7-5930K OC'd 4.4ghz

32GB of DDR4

MSI 980Ti

Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe SSD.  (it's probably 3rd in line behind EVO 960 M.2's and the new Optane 900P in terms of performance.  Although 2 EVO 850's in Raid 0 will be about the same performance of that Mushkin Scorpion Drive)

I ping 40ms to virginia in Star Citizen and play Arena Commander at 60-110 FPS.

I ping 15-18ms in Overwatch at 120FPS constant.

I ping 50ms in Tera with the same FPS as BNS which ranges from 35-120 fps depending on zone population.

I ping about 60-80ms in Aion at the same FPS as Tera and BNS.

I ping 50-70ms in Black Desert Online at the same FPS as Tera, BNS, and Aion.

I ping 50ms in Archeage at the same FPS as Tera, BNS, Aion,  and BDO.

NCSoft has no excuse for the ping times being this bad in BNS at all.

Especially considering Ping times are better in other NCSoft Games.

Now let's consider server tick rate.   So NCSoft what is your server's Tick Rate?   15hz? or 30hz?  For those that don't know what server tick rate does.  It allows the client to send data to the server at faster rates, [This will lower your skill ping time in BNS] (Assuming of course NCSoft Devs are smart enough to increase the client send rate and server tick rate) and it also allows the server to send updates to the client at faster rates.   30hz is what they used on dedicated FPS servers 20 years ago.   60hz is what is used in overwatch, and 120hz is what's used in games like QuakeChampions, and Battlefield 4.

The issue in Star Citizen's Persistent Universe, is due to large population instancing.  The reason why they have to use 15-30hz  tick rate on the persistent servers is because the netcode can't handle large populated instances yet.   So when the server instance fills up to 30-50 people your FPS drops because the servers are updating ALL of the clients simultaneously, even when those people are no where near the player's location in game.  That's why CIG is doing a netcode revamp on the lumberyard engine aka cryengine 3.    

That's the issue BNS has right now, server tick rate, client send rate, and netcode.  The netcode collapses when several people get into the same area.  Poor server tick rate and client send rate is the result you see in FPS when everyone is spamming skills at a boss.  The netcode can't handle the throughput and the server tick rate isn't high enough even if that netcode was capable of handling that much area activity at the same time.

Edited by RageFrost

To give you an idea of netcode differences:   In Aion, during 300-600 man nexus raids, or Fortress Abyss PVP  Everyone's FPS was 15fps or less and it was a slide show of rubberbanding.   This game can't even get 6 man dungeons to be consistent let alone raids.

Edited by RageFrost
6 hours ago, RageFrost said:

The issue is the netcode in BNS is trash and always has been.  Added to the fact that the ping time you see in game DOES NOT account for movement.  That ping time is ONLY when you use skills.

So while I ping 40ms to Texas, My skill ping is 90-150 in BNS with occasional spikes to 250ms.    That has nothing to do with routing, or my ISP, or my PC.  That's NCSoft's shit servers and shit netcode that people have been complaining about for the last 5 years, and still NCSoft does nothing about it.

And if you think I have a poor connection, then tell that to my ISP who provides 500Mbs down and 40Mbs up. (That is I download large files at 60 Mega Bytes per second, and upload at 5 Mega Bytes per second.)  Not to be confused with "Bits" which is what your ISP measures your internet speed at.

And if you think I have a poor PC with high latency, I have 8ms latency on my PC at most.

i7-5930K OC'd 4.4ghz

32GB of DDR4

MSI 980Ti

Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe SSD.  (it's probably 3rd in line behind EVO 960 M.2's and the new Optane 900P in terms of performance.  Although 2 EVO 850's in Raid 0 will be about the same performance of that Mushkin Scorpion Drive)

I ping 40ms to virginia in Star Citizen and play Arena Commander at 60-110 FPS.

I ping 15-18ms in Overwatch at 120FPS constant.

I ping 50ms in Tera with the same FPS as BNS which ranges from 35-120 fps depending on zone population.

I ping about 60-80ms in Aion at the same FPS as Tera and BNS.

I ping 50-70ms in Black Desert Online at the same FPS as Tera, BNS, and Aion.

I ping 50ms in Archeage at the same FPS as Tera, BNS, Aion,  and BDO.

NCSoft has no excuse for the ping times being this bad in BNS at all.

Especially considering Ping times are better in other NCSoft Games.

Now let's consider server tick rate.   So NCSoft what is your server's Tick Rate?   15hz? or 30hz?  For those that don't know what server tick rate does.  It allows the client to send data to the server at faster rates, [This will lower your skill ping time in BNS] (Assuming of course NCSoft Devs are smart enough to increase the client send rate and server tick rate) and it also allows the server to send updates to the client at faster rates.   30hz is what they used on dedicated FPS servers 20 years ago.   60hz is what is used in overwatch, and 120hz is what's used in games like QuakeChampions, and Battlefield 4.

The issue in Star Citizen's Persistent Universe, is due to large population instancing.  The reason why they have to use 15-30hz  tick rate on the persistent servers is because the netcode can't handle large populated instances yet.   So when the server instance fills up to 30-50 people your FPS drops because the servers are updating ALL of the clients simultaneously, even when those people are no where near the player's location in game.  That's why CIG is doing a netcode revamp on the lumberyard engine aka cryengine 3.    

That's the issue BNS has right now, server tick rate, client send rate, and netcode.  The netcode collapses when several people get into the same area.  Poor server tick rate and client send rate is the result you see in FPS when everyone is spamming skills at a boss.  The netcode can't handle the throughput and the server tick rate isn't high enough even if that netcode was capable of handling that much area activity at the same time.

Thank You God Somebody Has Sense Here! There Is Alot Of People Defending Ncsoft On These Servers Maybe You Can Bring Light To The Servers 

• Liinxy locked and unlocked this topic