Where are customization files saved?

Yamyatos

I left the game like 9 months ago and intend to start playing again. So i downloaded the game and.. realized that all the customizations were saved locally - which is great. Sarcasm off ;)

Since i might have accidentally saved the files before formatting my PC, where would i have to look for them? In which files does BnS save the chat and ui customizations? 

When i googled it said that these changes are saved in the ClientConfigurations.xml one can find located in C/User/Name/Documents/BnS/NCWest, however that's now the correct file (since replacing it did nothing, and changing my UI and then deleting it, and thus auto-generating a new one, results in no reset for my ui).

TL;DR: Where are the chat and ui customizations saved locally? Or did they change something in the last 3/4 year and i have to redo my changes anyways?

7 hours ago, ander01se said:

C:\Users\<windows account name>\Documents\BnS\NCWest\

I appreciate the attempt to help me, and i really dont want to be that guy, but you didnt read what i wrote, did you?

As i already mentioned in my opening post, the ClientConfiguration.xml found at the location you just mentioned, does NOT contain the informations i need. I have my old file backed up. When i exchange the files, basically nothing changes. 

Just an example as for why the file cant be the right one:

1. I just installed a fresh copy of the game after formatting my computer, which means everything is set to default values.

2. Now i change something at my ui.

3. Now i delete the ClientConfigurations.xml so that a new one will be generated

4. The changes i made to the ui (in point 2) are still in game. If they were saved in that file, they would have disappeared.

Edit: I just checked again, and no, the chat customizations are also not saved there. Unless they changed something with the file format and you cant use your old file (april 2016) anymore anyways. Was there a customization wipe sometime in the last 9 months?

On 2.2.2017 at 6:24 PM, DeadlyCode said:

Why not just redo the customization to your preference, if your pc was wiped then probably most of your settings got lost bns doesnt store many of your customization online.

As i said, i might find it in my backup. I will have to redo it if it's not in there.. but i'd like to use my old file if possible. 

It cant be that nobody knows where this game stores its ui and/or chat customization settings lol. 

Edit: If anybody is interrested in the future:

I wrote a ticket to the support. The information is indeed saved in the ClientConfiguration.xml, however ingame you need to click the round button at the bottom left in the character selection screen. The default setting is to load your configuration from the cloud. You need to select that it should use the local configurations, then replace the ClientConfiguration.xml with your old file and you will have your old settings enabled. Not sure if you can upload your local settings tho. Will edit this post if i have an answer.

Edit2: If you have never used the cloud option then the first time you use it, it will use your local settings. From there on, it is not currently possible to automatically upload your local settings. You can either manually save them locally and always replace them.. or you manually configure everything the way you want in the cloud option again.

Archived