Zero reasons to have destroyers in raid

Said

5 hours ago, Valiant said:

Anyway Destroyer isn't God in any pvp really, Look at tournament and just see any noticeable Destroyer been on top 3 last 3 years, you would find none.
Last tourment the first 3 ranking is SF, BM. FM.

Actually destroyer was the world champion in tag matches. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, stop compare classes only for the time of soulburn. Most fights are not over after 15s. Destro is not the best dps class but destro is pretty good if you know what to do and with good ping. Saying it's useless is bullshit and only means that you (the destro player) can't do the dps the class can do.

7 hours ago, NightFer said:

dragonchar with SB and bb hits over 50k, and you do 3 dragonchars per second which is 150k/sec with around 690ap

If you have a godlike ping, maybe, but in general, you won't do 3 dragonchars/sec.

8 hours ago, FrozenB said:

As I said, I haven't seen a BD dps for 100k/sec. It is just my assumption. Probably whale BD can do it when the awakened soul buff procced at the right time.

Yes, they can. Top BD who know what to do and with good ping do similar dps as a FM (as long as they dont have to chase the boss and at least if none of them got the soul higher than 10).

1 hour ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

so @Valiant with your logic kfm is shit too in pvp? i mean.. past 2 tournaments not  even 1 kfm , kappa

Sir, KFM did win some tournament back then from 2 year or such but Destroyer in the last 3 years didn't win nothing.

And I didn't mean Destroyer is that weak, But I mean isn't that "OP" beside classes like BM, Warlock and SF right now 

Why destro suck?

- stationary anicancel

- judgement(LMB) slow animation esp 2nd and 3rd hit. (pure retard animation)

- slowest LMB spam chi regen of all classes (when you're out of chi or anic loop you're donezo)

- lack of double cc skill (can't open many bosses with grab like BD)

- can't dps while grab, 8s grab is shat with 6s restrain

Fix?

- movement during cleave reduced by 50%

- remove 3rd wave of LMB, boost speed of 1st and 2nd

- 2xstun on ram[2] tree

- persistence[F] gives buff that increase your threat dmg by 100% for 20s

- combo shield[V] into Blitz [1] should do extra dmg or cc instead of only fancy animation.

- 8s restrain

- emberstomp[3] gives effects to pt members

38 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

If they nerf destroyer pvp skills, then I don't mind boosting destroyer pve skills for a trade-off. 

You're acting like destoryers are ultimate pvp gods winning tournaments left and right and dominating ladders with 50%+ presence in top 100. Why would they need to sacrifice pvp viability for pve viability otherwise ?

21 minutes ago, Wataru said:

Another destroyer thread...

Must be nice having the better grab and a badge that is better than the BD's grab badge in certain situations.

And for you I don't have a legitimate answer, you're either clueless, ignorant or a troll. There is no 4th option here.

What good is being able to grab again something if the CC bar doesn't open frequently enough?

Destroyer offers better damage for the party despite the descriptions.

Sounds like everyone here really wants the class to be bad.

6 minutes ago, Wataru said:

What good is being able to grab again something if the CC bar doesn't open frequently enough?

Destroyer offers better damage for the party despite the descriptions.

Sounds like everyone here really wants the class to be bad.

Class is bad and even the GM did admit it on twitter :)

13 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

You're acting like destoryers are ultimate pvp gods winning tournaments left and right and dominating ladders with 50%+ presence in top 100. Why would they need to sacrifice pvp viability for pve viability otherwise ?

And for you I don't have a legitimate answer, you're either clueless, ignorant or a troll. There is no 4th option here.

I told someone that destroyer didn't win or be on top 3 at least in the last 3 years in 1v1  tournament, they did answer me with a respond saying that there was destroyer on tag match torment I was like really xD

6 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

It is because for good destroyers, they can wipe the whole party (6v6) by themselves. I have seen one yesterday in Beluga. The other party is not bad at all (at least with cdef and stuff). In the end, that destroyer has over 17 skills with only around 5-6 minutes of game.

I didn't mean they are pvp gods, but they are one of the best pvp classes is in game. There is no doubt about it. Also, it really depends on the users if they are good or not. Destroyer can be a god or s.h.it., it really depends on the player.

6 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It is because for good destroyers, they can wipe the whole party (6v6) by themselves. I have seen one yesterday in Beluga. The other party is not bad at all (at least with cdef and stuff). In the end, that destroyer has over 17 skills with only around 5-6 minutes of game.

I didn't mean they are pvp gods, but they are one of the best pvp classes is in game. There is no doubt about it. Also, it really depends on the users if they are good or not. Destroyer can be a god or s.h.it., it really depends on the player.

Destroyer wipe a whole party by themself because they got a decent aoe skill that everyone tend to keep attacking them during that spin or try to stand in their aoe range, Beside sure that destroyer was a whale.
And Just watch a whale warlock or summone or SF or FM any class with ranged aoe what they can do, They can kill the whole party in seconds or even watch the melee op BM they can just rush into 3 people with their immortal block and shield then spam some dragontongues.

Beside you saying Destroyer is op because of that, Then KFM is the mast of not dying in 6v6 because people keep spamming them during Iframe it just same logic really.

And for 1v1 I think last 3 years tournament did prove that neither BD neither Destroyer neither Summoner is the top classes of pvp, Infact it did prove warlock, SF, BM, FM and Assassin is the top pvp classes.

Enough say last tournament SF, BM and FM was the first 3 ranking of pvp

Ok, as a long time Des player and non-pvp'r i can honestly say the reason why most people hate Des in arena is due to the fact that we can punish you when you blow your escape. And that punishment is harsh. BUT majority of people who pay attention to arena will tell you that Des is no where near the top. There was a time when we were, but that time has long passed.

Also, im pretty sure this post is about PVE and not PVP. There are ways to fix Des in pve that does not mess with PVP. But those kinds of fixes are not comming, and never will. Currently on KR from what i am reading Des is currently sitting in the top 3 for PVE damage. Reason for that is how gear effects our primary damage abilites...cleave, wrath, mighty cleave and smash. Nearly everything were are going to be seeing buff one or more of those abilities. While other classes get gear with buffs to stuff that is situational. I will not say that we are currently fine, but i will say that we are a sleeper that will come into its own eventually. And as much as i hate saying that, its the truth. Personally im not a fan of gating by gear but that is the choice they made. And thats the choice we have to live with. So go ahead and not take Des to your raids, When later content comes and we are pushing 100k dps while you arent, ill sit back and laugh.

12 hours ago, GenericNick said:

http://imgur.com/a/nuYaY

So i tryed destro to see if its really that strong in pvp as people say thats my 32 lvl destro after my first arena hour

27 minutes ago, nakama said:

http://imgur.com/a/nuYaY

So i tryed destro to see if its really that strong in pvp as people say thats my 32 lvl destro after my first arena hour

Sure I can make a warlock or SF or BM and can go higher, It just a ladder I talk about true facts like tournament not something where you can play against noobs in time while play against pros in other times.

1 hour ago, Duriensbane said:

Ok, as a long time Des player and non-pvp'r i can honestly say the reason why most people hate Des in arena is due to the fact that we can punish you when you blow your escape. And that punishment is harsh. BUT majority of people who pay attention to arena will tell you that Des is no where near the top. There was a time when we were, but that time has long passed.

Also, im pretty sure this post is about PVE and not PVP. There are ways to fix Des in pve that does not mess with PVP. But those kinds of fixes are not comming, and never will. Currently on KR from what i am reading Des is currently sitting in the top 3 for PVE damage. Reason for that is how gear effects our primary damage abilites...cleave, wrath, mighty cleave and smash. Nearly everything were are going to be seeing buff one or more of those abilities. While other classes get gear with buffs to stuff that is situational. I will not say that we are currently fine, but i will say that we are a sleeper that will come into its own eventually. And as much as i hate saying that, its the truth. Personally im not a fan of gating by gear but that is the choice they made. And thats the choice we have to live with. So go ahead and not take Des to your raids, When later content comes and we are pushing 100k dps while you arent, ill sit back and laugh.

Yes we punish them but sadly every class now even Assassin can punish other classes as well for using their escape.

And we shall wait and see on that if we going to be on top 3 of damage or not, Though as you said I don't agree on getting our power from gear 

6 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Sure I can make a warlock or SF or BM and can go higher, It just a ladder I talk about true facts like tournament not something where you can play against noobs in time while play against pros in other times.

last season there was  4 destro in top 10 on eu hello? and saying i can do that on a forum without proof is just talking i can win tournament as a first time destro izi

3 hours ago, nakama said:

last season there was  4 destro in top 10 on eu hello? and saying i can do that on a forum without proof is just talking i can win tournament as a first time destro izi

Last season ladder -.-

Ladder doesn't matter, God

2 hours ago, Duriensbane said:

Well if we wanna go by ladder logic, Summoners are the best in 3v3 cuz you know wintrading counts towards skil.

Or go for tower of infinity ladder which say FM is bad at pve and destroyer is decent while BM, Warlock, KFM, BD and assassin is the top of pvp; LOL

16 hours ago, Valiant said:

Last season ladder -.-

Ladder doesn't matter, God

Dudes like u sitting on forums and answering everything just uhhhh. 1st my screenshot and answer wasn't for you second do u even know why i answered with this screenshot?Dudes was talking that if destro get a pve buff he needs a pvp nerf then cuz the buff gonna effect him in pvp aswell.Stop trying to be the smart guy looking at tournaments and shit cuz u are not even close of those guys lvl and if 1 guy learns a class and plays very well with it and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s ppl in tournaments or if other players make mistakes first against him that doesn't make the class he is playing OP aka nerf it rito this shit logic is all over the place on this forums u act like u are on same lvl and the changes gonna effect you.I talk about what i see on my server and on streams EU/NA ONLY! (and yes i know my english suck)

I dont see why anyone in here has to bring up PvP at all, period. The main discussion is the class design and what it brings to raids like the OP is concerned about. And there is indeed the clear fact with the current design that destroyer players are gonna be considered as filler dps, specially on lower pop realms if a raid is gonna be forming. I play and only play destroyer since beta, still love it due to the weapon appearances and combat functionality and for sure in fact know that the class is lacking in raid supportiveness, but I still got dibs to be a filler in raids with clan makes and clan mate connections outside clan :^)

@Laoshottie Every single time des pve situation is being mentioned there are people coming in claiming des can't possibly be buffed because of pvp. Whether they are babbletron white knights or issued individuals threatened that someone else might get better than them - I honestly don't know. What I know is every time they can't form a single coherent argument for their case (examples below). Not a single experienced player of any other class opposes destro pve buffs right now.

@nakama It's not your english that sucks, but your logic. You bring up multiple destros in top 10 eu played by the same person then say:

6 hours ago, nakama said:

DuStop trying to be the smart guy looking at tournaments and shit cuz u are not even close of those guys lvl and if 1 guy learns a class and plays very well with it and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤s ppl in tournaments or if other players make mistakes first against him that doesn't make the class he is playing OP 

@FrozenB Honestly, if your argument for destro being OP in pvp is one of them redspinning down your whole group in 6v6 I can say nothing more than... You know what ? Nevermind, you wouldn't be able to comprehend it anyway.

Archived