Sign in to follow this  
Dexyn

Thinking about coming back, if things changed for the better....

Dexyn   

Been months since I even logged in the game, last time I played was about 2 weeks after the first pay-to-win event where you buy keys and open chests to get stockpiles of all these rare expensive and TRADABLE crafting items. That day I felt like they split the BNS community in two and half the ones who didn't p2w just quit.

But now I may think about coming back because life is going smoothly and I can spend some free time doing something other than play Hearthstone all the time but I need to know a few things first.

First off I roll Force Master all the way, even tho I have all chars except KFM and 2 others maxed level they aren't properly geared. I play on Mushin server and I need to know how is Force Masters doing lately in both pve and pvp? Has any "daily" things changed since back then like same world bosses and same faction pvp and stuff? What about new hongmoon skills? Like have they released Chi Bomb for Force Master yet? I'm guessing I'm heavily undergeared for current dungeon runs, what's the best way to get geared assuming I'm not that rich in gold?

Any long time player still playing please enlighten me, convince me things are doing alright to come back and play again. Thanks!

NightFer   

Chi bomb was released like 6 months ago.

FM is 2nd highest dps class ingame (in NA/EU region ofc) in pve.

PVP wise they are descent if you know how to play them.

Best way to gear up is to play the game :D

Trove is still around but its not p2w event, theres nothing p2w in this game, stop saying bs.

Thats all.

Dexyn   
36 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Chi bomb was released like 6 months ago.

FM is 2nd highest dps class ingame (in NA/EU region ofc) in pve.

PVP wise they are descent if you know how to play them.

Best way to gear up is to play the game :D

Trove is still around but its not p2w event, theres nothing p2w in this game, stop saying bs.

Thats all.

Is it still running dungeons all day everyday and praying to RNG and bidding on your gear and mats?

How tedious is it currently to breakthrough gear?

raiklock   

The grind to 600AP will be reduced A LOT in the next patch.

The p2w events still happens, where whales go ahead by minimum of 6 months of grind. 

It's the called "pay to progress"... When you reach the whales stats, they gonna be a year ahead of you again.

NightFer   

Bidding on mats will always be there, bidding on gear also. Running dungeons to get mats and things is the core thing in the game, what do you expect? NC to give you free items for upgrades? :D Upgrading is cake nowardays.

Dexyn   

I thoroughly enjoyed faction pvp, that's why I left because everyone who swiped their credit card suddenly got way stronger and destroyed the only little balance there was.

Is faction pvp still a thing?

Cesura   
33 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I'mma stop you right there. 

A lot of people define "p2w" as "Money is a requirement for advancement" which yes, is not the case for this game at all. Everything worth having can be earned through the game. 

But for someone who was disgusted by the mere existence of the trove, the working definition of p2w is more like "Does a paying user have a significant advantage over a non-paying user" and that answer is undoubtedly YES, thanks in part to a few pieces of gear introduced not too long ago: The top tier unleashed pet, and critical awakened hongmoon energy.

Those two items are basically pure gold to level/upgrade, literally thousands of gold, (Like, somewhere in the ballpark of 10k-20k between the two?) so while it's all technically farmable in the long term, it's only the whales who can drop hundreds of dollars on in-game purchases who can obtain these items on day 1. (Or the lucky few players who are in-game rich thanks to playing the market very well. Like anyone who had the foresight to stockpile evolved stones before they exponentially increased in price) This honestly only makes a "p2w" level advantage difference in 6v6 mode because a player with both of those items will essentially one-shot other players who don't have them while also being incredibly hard to kill. Luckily, it's not a full deathmatch mode, so even though such a player can otherwise carry a team fight, they can still be outplayed by avoiding them in favor of objectives.

Those advantages still make little difference in PvE though. The newest dungeons are pretty mechanics heavy and I'd rather have a 600ap player that knows how to play than a 900ap swiper who thinks he can brute force everything with pure gear for most of them. (Put those whales in my MSP parties though, please) 

Oh, just saw your last post. 

Frankly, if open world faction PvP is your main draw, you probably want to play a different game to be honest. Whale gear aside, (And your exact complaint is still an issue, swipers are gods on the battlefield) most servers still have such hillariously imbalanced factions you're either on the majority faction, in which case SSP is a braindead easy farm, or you're on the loosing faction, in which SSP is a total waste of time 90% of the time. 

The new battlegrounds should smooth things out in the future. (I hear there's an instanced one that forces more even teams) But if specifically open world PvP is your thing, BnS is probably not the game for you, honestly. 

raiklock   
8 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

I thoroughly enjoyed faction pvp, that's why I left because everyone who swiped their credit card suddenly got way stronger and destroyed the only little balance there was.

No, completely dead. There's no world pvp.

Don't even think about playing 6v6 battleground, there's an item on the game called True Soul Stage 10, around 20k gold to get it. Who has this item just ONE-shot all the enemy team on 6v6.

Good luck as a f2p to get that item in order to be competitive. Good luck farming 50-70g/day to upgrade the Soul.

Oh and the Ultimate pets that costs a MINIMUM of 4k gold to get and gives TONS of advantage.

Dexyn   
7 minutes ago, raiklock said:

Don't even think about playing 6v6 battleground, there's an item on the game called True Soul Stage 10, around 20k gold to get it. Who has this item just ONE-shot all the enemy team on 6v6.

Good luck as a f2p to get that item in order to be competitive. Good luck farming 50-70g/day to upgrade the Soul.

Oh and the Ultimate pets that costs a MINIMUM of 4k gold to get and gives TONS of advantage.

There's pets now? Is True Soul Stage the most expensive item on the market? What does it do actually?

Dexyn   

This all sounds pretty scary, don't think I'll be back to this game then. All I really wanted was to get that sensation of trapping people and Chi Bomb them in open world pvp. But by the looks of it that dream is long dead.

22 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

If you left because of this, then you'll most likely leave again.  Other than new skills, minor skill patches, and new content, the core of BnS model has never changed.  There will always be RNG, P2W elements, and immense grinding.  If you want to give this game another chance, then you'll have to change your mindset or find out another reason to like the game.  Maybe you can find a nice guild to relax and chill with so you don't have to feel stressed in catching up.

raiklock   
2 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

There's pets now? Is True Soul Stage the most expensive item on the market? What does it do actually?

It's the most expensive yes, it gives you SO MUCH offensive stats that some classes are hitting for 300k single hit, completely destroying the enemy team that has 60-70k HP.

If you use the Ultimate pet you are immortal, it gives you 20k+ HP and tons of defense.

The only "competitive" is arenas, which I think it's not balanced because a HM10 with full HM skills will completely destroy a HM2 players.

Cesura   
17 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

Pets are like little floating minis over your shoulder. Gear wise they mainly provide defensive buffs. Around 30k more max HP and 1000 def when maxed out. (Around 3-5k health on the lowest base pet)

The Stage 10 true soul gives about 40 AP, which ain't that much honestly (Level 1 soul is 15ap) 
But it has a 6 second buff that gives about 300 bonus AP, and similar bonuses to every other offensive stat, Crit, crit damage, etc. The buff has a 1 minute cooldown. It's short, but can easily one-shot players with that stat boost unless you manage to get some clutch CCs, iframes or frost armor type defenses in. For Pve, that one buff damn near doubles a player's overall DPS. It's crazy. 

I think the OP-ness of that soul will actually be lessened as the new weapons and legendary accessories catch up (ie: when the average AP is 900, a 300ap buff will have less of an impact than when players are in the 600 range) and NC is giving us a tiny trickle of free/cheap upgrade oils such that the average free player might have a stage 3 or 4 soul now, so at this rate the average player might have a decent enough soul for say a 100ap buff instead of the 300ap buff in 5 more months or so, but giving high-paying users strong early access to advantages is clearly BnS's M.O. at this point.  

Edited by Cesura

Dexyn   

Thanks to everyone who replied!

I think I'll find a more recent MMO to start playing if they're worthwhile.

So until then, cheers!

3 hours ago, raiklock said:

200g a day and you will get this item in around 2 month, and now dont tell me that 200g / day is hard to get.

Kisagii   

If you have pvp soul shields and a decent pet at around stage 6 then you won't run into the problem of being killed in 1 hit. I never have hat problem and I use 3 sparring and 5 challenger set for pvp.

4 hours ago, Dexyn said:

Doesn't really exist that much tbh. Since the server merge now the faction areas are more pve content. You will need to be a whale if you want to kill people in ssp since you will be either 1vs10+ or in that 10 being killed by the whale.

okitaluc   

The game still favors by a large margin who spend money (or better saying heavy money) on it, people here will try to defend it is not p2w (probably to feel better with themselves), but yeah , trove is around , rng boxes too. Don't expect anything different.

Feb 8 patch will have a new weapon path, before doing anything check it out, will be easier to get  geared up to a certain point (before legendaries). Yeah It still is run dungeons all day everyday, with the daily challenge to help

Edited by okitaluc

Gratus   
17 hours ago, Dexyn said:

Faction PvP never was a thing. If that's what you're after, I suggest another game.