Viblo

Currency Exchange needs a Fix

Recommended Posts

Dad   

I was being ripped off before I left the game and coming back i'm being ripped off even worse and i'v told them, i'v told ALL OF THEM, this whole thing last year was a bad idea, leaving it up to the player base? A Base we all clearly see will abuse any and all things they can find I.E blue faction in SSP glitching out the npc at red base to make the fight easier for them. Yes very smart idea. Opening day points for 1 gold 1-75, summer 1-40, september till december 1-10 Jan 1-7 I can't even save up for a simple costume I wanted now because 100 gold is only 700 points. Crafting attack gems or selling soul stones are totally pointless, more so since the only thing I do here is pvp. Yeah I understand, for people who PVE, it's easy to make gold but that doesn't mean anything for people like me who only pvp.

 

Regardless of that I told them, bubble, and whoever else I can't remember working with him on DAY ONE this would go down like it is and looks what happened.

Stop leaving things up to the player base.

Client%202017-02-01%2013-05-33-156_zpskk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dad said:

I was being ripped off before I left the game and coming back i'm being ripped off even worse and i'v told them, i'v told ALL OF THEM, this whole thing last year was a bad idea, leaving it up to the player base? A Base we all clearly see will abuse any and all things they can find I.E blue faction in SSP glitching out the npc at red base to make the fight easier for them. Yes very smart idea. Opening day points for 1 gold 1-75, summer 1-40, september till december 1-10 Jan 1-7 I can't even save up for a simple costume I wanted now because 100 gold is only 700 points. Crafting attack gems or selling soul stones are totally pointless, more so since the only thing I do here is pvp. Yeah I understand, for people who PVE, it's easy to make gold but that doesn't mean anything for people like me who only pvp.

 

Regardless of that I told them, bubble, and whoever else I can't remember working with him on DAY ONE this would go down like it is and looks what happened.

Stop leaving things up to the player base.

 

if you just play pvp then you can get hm coin as season rewards now you know? so buy your costumes with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

The currency rate gold:HM coins is kept on dropping because there are more and more golds coming into the servers. The game doesn't have enough ways for gold sink. 

 

Also, there are bots or people who are abusing the currency exchange by setting 1:4.5 or 1:5 with only 10golds (45 hm coins or 50 hm coins) for like 1 or 2 pages. They are hoping the real spender will put in like few hundred golds at this rate so that they can gain max. profit out from their hm coins. Again, this currency exchange is free for all, in which players can do whatever they want, plus no one knows who is behind this abuse due to no character's name shown there.

 

It is just like the stock market in real world. Rich people control the market. Poor people have to follow rich people's tail.

 

My suggestion would be at least make the character's name visible in the currency exchange tab when they made any posts in there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dad   

Nvm this JJ aka Julianne explained to me whats sup so it doesn't matter now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NylahLi said:

When I first saw the livestream about currency exchange being added, I too knew this BS would happen. I go broke simply by buying one costume. Leaving the currency exchange up to the players just doomed everyone. When the first trove came around, what was 1:30 became 1:17, players wanted to sell their gold fast, and it just kept going steadily downward. In my server right now it's 1:5.7.

I cringe when I think how much more it could possibly drop on the next trove. 

back to 1:30 (1:60) there was nowhere near so much gold in players hand. back in that time it was hard to get 10g + out of daylies, now its easy to get 50g+ just from daylies. its just logical that this inflation would effect the exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NylahLi   

When I first saw the livestream about currency exchange being added, I too knew this BS would happen. I go broke simply by buying one costume. Leaving the currency exchange up to the players just doomed everyone. When the first trove came around, what was 1:30 became 1:17, players wanted to sell their gold fast, and it just kept going steadily downward. In my server right now it's 1:5.7.

I cringe when I think how much more it could possibly drop on the next trove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NylahLi said:

When I first saw the livestream about currency exchange being added, I too knew this BS would happen. I go broke simply by buying one costume. Leaving the currency exchange up to the players just doomed everyone. When the first trove came around, what was 1:30 became 1:17, players wanted to sell their gold fast, and it just kept going steadily downward. In my server right now it's 1:5.7.

I cringe when I think how much more it could possibly drop on the next trove. 

 1:5.7 is good. We had it at 1:4.9 or even 1:4.7 since the 1st anniversary patch due to so many good outfits being out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   

Why would the regulate the price of gold? I dont understand, please explain. If the players decide to lower the price why would NC artificially increase the price? Like seriously, its so easy to make gold nowardays its not even funny. Its like NC interfering with F5 prices that again players decide. Why would they? If you are a costume collector go pve and gather gold, sell it and buy the costume or swipe your credit card, its your choice. Pvp is not a reliable way to make gold anymore and it will never be again.

 

PS: Last time I bought hmc I bought at 1:9.3 just before the previous trove. If NC want the prices to go higher, all they need to do is limit the amount of events that require purchases, stop releasing costumes like every week or so and increase the price of those existing ones with at least 30%. Why? That will make people stop buying them, stop selling gold for hmc and the prices might go up. But you know better then me they wount do that because the community wants more costumes even tho I dont understand why and when do they wear them. Like seriously, are you changing your costumes every day like your rl clothes or just because they look "cute"? Enlighten me please :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is kinda sad to see gold keep getting devaluated toward the 1:1 ratio.

 

The reason of this steep rate falling is that NCWest releases too many things in a short time frame.

 

Normally, an outfit rotation takes two weeks, giving players have enough time to accumulate coins and a break on the exchange rate. However, when NCWest makes a rush with events, the rate takes hit very hard. Let see the most recent F10 release:

 

-New outfit rotation two weeks ago, along with New Year bundle.

 

-New outfits to celebrate Lunar New Year one week later.

 

-New outfit rotation this week.

 

-Valentine outfits next two week, along with a new outfit rotation, if they count these as separated things.

 

In short, NCWest does not give exchange rate any chance to recover. The rate keeps taking hit, which favors NCoin buyers who buy cheaper gold, which favors NCWest's income

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XO   

1:6 is a looong way from 1:1, even with these 4 outfits released it never dropped under 1:5.6? (thankfully).


Converting gold is like..filling your car up with gas. You have to know when you should gas up so you will get the better deal and when it's your fault you have to pay more for being so last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meginb   

I saw it drop to 1:4 in Taywong/Master Hong/Gunma... T_T. Thankfully it's finally started to go back up to 1:6...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as i stated above, we have now 5 times more gold, so a 1:6 ratio is completly ok. (if you calculated back in time to 1:30)

Why are you comlaning? you can get more gold in an nearly same timeframe then back in 45 patch. So whats the problem that its low?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May just be me, but seems your argument is backwards.

Real money has real value and limited supply (for most folks), gold has no real value and is unlimited in supply.

Also as said there's alot more Gold being generated in game then before, higher supply always equals lower value.

The 1:5-1:7 Ncoin/Gold ratio is very high when compared to similar systems in other games.

 

Rift for example, a REX = 1250 credits and is player tradeable, sales for 2500-3000 Plat (eu its gets upto 4k or more) so its 2:1 at minimum.

Of course in game money in Rift is alot easier to make and less useful then in BnS and REX are a fixed credit value so its not a direct comparison. I doubt BnS will ever reverse values like this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikkav   

I'm really surprised about this thread.

Imho, the currency exchange is so bad for who purchases ncoins, I'd never use it unless i'm really desperate for gold.

Ncoinc are real money, are you kidding me? rofl, for 5 euro I can't even get 100gold? No ty 

 

People need to start understanding that real money is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤in real money, no one is going to give it to you for free. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

 

If you really want that costume go and use your own money. Lulz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cor   
4 hours ago, Nikkav said:

I'm really surprised about this thread.

Imho, the currency exchange is so bad for who purchases ncoins, I'd never use it unless i'm really desperate for gold.

Ncoinc are real money, are you kidding me? rofl, for 5 euro I can't even get 100gold? No ty 

 

People need to start understanding that real money is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤in real money, no one is going to give it to you for free. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

 

If you really want that costume go and use your own money. Lulz

That's just a very dumb argument, whether it's rl money or ingame gold you need to work for both to get it. How long does it take your average player to get 100 gold and how long does it take an average worker to get 5 euro? Why the heck should you get tons of gold that need way more time to get than the money spend on it? Unless you live in a third world country where you only get 5 euro for a whole day or more of work i dunno how you can complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ooneka   

Greetings!

This is a message to remind you to keep this discussion civil.

Feel free to have a look at the Code of Conduct to make sure that your post comply with the forums rules.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shuchin   

To be honest I am amazed by and truely grateful to all the players out there who are willing to spend ~70 EUR for just 1000 gold, even if it might mean they can bid on this or that legendary accessory right when it becomes available.

 

Because they are willing to spend so much, my favourite game can continue on such a high level and with such a small player base.

 

Because they are willing to spend so much for so little gold, I can farm a costume every other week and still have gold and materials over for my item progression.

 

Thank you, whales. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arken   

Firstly, the idea of "players dicide the prices in the market" is total bullshit. I can't believe people still accept this statement.

 

The times where HM:gold dropped significantly were result of a direct action from NCsoft, from things like:

- Placing exclusive items in cash shop that are used in crafting;

- Placing items that were suppoused to drop in game, but were hardly ever seen;

- Items that were in high demand, but drop rate inside the game was low, placed in the cash shop;

- Items that in game cost more than their price in the cash shop, by exchanging gold to HM.

They MEANT to make the currency drop. If it's a good thing or not to have such low exchange rate, it's quite irrelevant, but pls stop saying it's players fault. Bots that make a bunch of accounts to farm gold and exchange for HMcoins and those 1 per account sales are not players. And even them can't be blamed for a bot friendly cash shop.

 

Secondly, how much money worth differs a lot around the world (ofc, it's NA server, but even inside it, there's a considerable diference).

There should be no reason to discuss this. Everyone wants to think their money worth more than someone else's effort.

 

I wouldn't trade my gold for 1:6, unless I'm desperate. I even refused to trade when it was 1:27. But no metter what, NCsoft will keep pushing "cheap limited offer" items into cash shop to keep their players in a constant despair.

Edited by lostforumaccount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khaen   
18 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Also, there are bots or people who are abusing the currency exchange by setting 1:4.5 or 1:5 with only 10golds (45 hm coins or 50 hm coins) for like 1 or 2 pages. They are hoping the real spender will put in like few hundred golds at this rate so that they can gain max. profit out from their hm coins.

It'd be nice if the opposite worked, aka if you can list a bunch of 1:20's to bump the max limit up. But sadly even trying to list items well under the current max limit results in a "beyond max limit" error notice for me yesterday.

13 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The reason of this steep rate falling is that NCWest releases too many things in a short time frame.

In short, NCWest does not give exchange rate any chance to recover. The rate keeps taking hit, which favors NCoin buyers who buy cheaper gold, which favors NCWest's income

Exactly this; saying that NC leaves the currency exchange entirely to the player-base is like sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich. Players are given free rein to influence the exchange rate, I don't refute that. However supply and demand is the bottom line here; and who has the power to govern supply rate here? NCsoft.

 

10 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

as i stated above, we have now 5 times more gold, so a 1:6 ratio is completly ok. (if you calculated back in time to 1:30)

Why are you comlaning? you can get more gold in an nearly same timeframe then back in 45 patch. So whats the problem that its low?

Really? I reckon I'm spending 2-3x more time in game to gather gold that'd exchange for the same amount of hmc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   

If you are that unhappy with the currency exchange, I demand NCWest to make the decision to remove the currency exchange and add the F9 shop like in Korea, no more HMcoins, no more free outfits for casuals and everyone will have gold for upgrading :D. Make F2 free for all and remove hmcoins from the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nekonata   
2 hours ago, NightFer said:

If you are that unhappy with the currency exchange, I demand NCWest to make the decision to remove the currency exchange and add the F9 shop like in Korea, no more HMcoins, no more free outfits for casuals and everyone will have gold for upgrading :D. Make F2 free for all and remove hmcoins from the game!

Right solution for the wrong problem :}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Khaen said:

Really? I reckon I'm spending 2-3x more time in game to gather gold that'd exchange for the same amount of hmc.

back at 45 content you needed around 2-3h to do the dailyes to get 10g, now you need around 2,5-3,5h to do the dailyes to get 50g.  I dont see a huge difference there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
38 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

back at 45 content you needed around 2-3h to do the dailyes to get 10g, now you need around 2,5-3,5h to do the dailyes to get 50g.  I dont see a huge difference there.

LOL...I guess you always fail in your math class.

10g and 50g is 5 times difference. If you apply it to golds:HM coins ratio with the same 5 times differences, then it makes sense.

 

1:37 before and now 1:6. It is about 5 times difference. Also, right now, it is still in the event. The rate is lower than usual. After event is over, the ratio will go back up to 1:7 or 1:8 for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

LOL...I guess you always fail in your math class.

10g and 50g is 5 times difference. If you apply it to golds:HM coins ratio with the same 5 times differences, then it makes sense.

 

1:37 before and now 1:6. It is about 5 times difference. Also, right now, it is still in the event. The rate is lower than usual. After event is over, the ratio will go back up to 1:7 or 1:8 for sure.

nope not realy, just some guys cried and wanted old 1:30 back, thats all i showed that its in a 1:6 ratio completly normal cause we get 5 times more gold in the same time right now. Maybe read all of my posts in this thread and not only 1 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now