PVP issues, is it me, the game, latency?

Posted this in another gaming forum.  An update, Blade Dancers are immune to everything.  Why?  I seem to be the only player having these issues, too.  Is it latency? I'm a level 47 assassin, all my items except my dagger are maxed out right now for what is available and the dagger is almost maxed.  I'm having a string of issues with Kung Fu Masters, Summoners, Assassins, and another class that I can't think of, but they are melee, and they go around rotating themselves in all directions all the time.  

First, Kung Fu Masters.   I can't seem to stun them.  They break or escape stuns instantly.  Like, there isn't even time for them to hit "tab" to jump back or something.  But they do it one after another after another.  I burn through all my stuns and I have nothing left and they just attack me right away.   The second issue I have with them is that they seem to stun me for a full 8 - 10 seconds.  How are they doing this?  How can I avoid this?  My counters don't seem to work on them either.  If I counter an attack, I will maybe 20% of the time actually be successful at it, BUT they somehow either turn instantly, or do some kind of move that breaks my stealth and knocks me down right away before I even have time to react to it.  

For Summoners They are bs.  I'm not going to hide my hatred.  They heal, they escape all stuns, my counters don't work, their pet does a 10 second knock down while their poison field thing does 50% damage in just 5 seconds.  I have no idea how to kill these things.  These are by far the most OP class out of the game in my experience.  Even if I get one down to 50% health, they just heal right up in seconds.

Assassins I'm not sure if this can be contributed to lag or I'm experiencing a glitch or what but Assassins are impossible for me to attack.  I can't hit them with any specific attack accept the mouse buttons.  My poisons miss them, my bombs miss them, if I stealth it is almost immediately broken even if the player is across the field.  Specifically, I've stealthed at the very beginning using my 15 second stealth, and that is the only time it works, but if they get close, even if they are stealthed themselves, I'm unstealthed.  I would assume they are hitting me, but my combat log shows no damage taken.  I have yet to use Counter and it be successful, but they counter me ALL THE TIME.  Knock downs never work, stuns never work, and teleporting them doesn't work.  Nothing works against Assassins, but I know it has to because they do all my same moves against me and it works for them just fine.  Can someone explain what's going on?  I literally have no functionality around another assassin and I don't know why.  I've even sparred people with almost the same talent builds and the same situation occurs no matter what.   For the last class I'm not aware of, It stuns me and avoids all damage similar to the Assassin.  They escape all my stuns, break out of my mid-air juggles, and somehow break me out of stealth within 1 second of me going into it, again, even if the player is across the arena.  I know you don't have much to go on since I'm not sure what that class is called, but they seem to stand similar to the Kung Fu Class.  

Lastly, I'm experiencing an issue with all classes that seem to be able to break out of my stuns and such INSTANTLY.  Which leads me to believe there are mods to help with PVP.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  The only mods I can google seem to be character costume related.   What is going on?  Am I experiencing a major latency problem?  Are these classes just THAT MUCH unballanced?  Are there mods for this game that I'm not aware of?  How do I counter all these issues? 

Also adding one more detail.  Whenever I get hit in combat, in about 80% of the cases, I lose all my buttons.  They gray out even if I'm not stunned.  So I'm left there just running around.  I have watched other players on youtube and this never happens.  Is this a hacking situation?  Are there just that many people cheating on b&s?

Well, post a vid and someone might be able to help you. Otherwise i don´t think anyone will even try to help you, because half of the things are completely not imaginable for anyone who plays the game 'normally'.

I can pretty much assure you, there are not a lot of people in blade and soul who are straight up hacking anymore. And as someone who can´t play the game very well you won´t be spotting those who are, other than the complete obvious once (witch i did not meet a single one in ages). So meaning most of the time new players spot hackers in silver/gold they are actually accusing legit players of hacking.

I'll see about posting vids.  I don't have any screen capture software.  I'll google that.  

I've actually come across a significant amount of bots and what I would call hackers.  Players who seem to have auto counters and things.  Even with lag, it is impossible to react the way they do to my attacks.  Especially when I'm stealthed because latency alone would demand at least 120+ ms of reaction time and these things are done instantaneously.   I do a lot of PVP in many games and this is the only game I have these issues.  

I'm not saying I'm a pro gamer by any stretch, but I could argue better than average.  I suspect it is the game to some degree.  I'm just trying to figure out is if it is just latency, or if I'm experiencing bugs, or if it is indeed hackers.  I'm a big PVP buff and I think this game has a great system...  When it works.  Would rather not stop playing due to hacking and lag problems.  Left 4 Dead was one of the greatest team built player vs player and that game got ruined as a result of the same issues.  

Just browsing through your post:

1. Your gear is irrelevant in arena.  So your dagger being up to level etc doesn't matter.

2.  Almost every class can 100-0 you if you waste your escape skills and they have their cc off cooldown.

3.  This game's pvp has a large burden of knowledge.  There are a lot of things you must understand in order to successfully climb the arena ladder.  If you don't understand what the other classes need to do on their end, you will struggle mightily to deal with their actions in many cases.

4.  Arena runs like shit.   I don;t know if it is like this for everyone, but I have input delay issues in arena that don't appear anywhere else in the game, and my ping itself is pretty solid (~75-80 typically).

5.A LOT of your issues sound like they are latency related.  Simply put, they are things that simply aren't possible, and someone hacking in that manner would be so stupidly obvious they would get banned in minutes.  

6.  Ping can be a huge advantage.  If you have terrible latency and the other person has amazing latency they will have a significant advantage in their ability to react to what you do and simply perform their actions faster than you can.

7.  Summoners are not fun to fight.   I have 7 different classes and fighting summoner is annoying on all of them.  Fighting summoners at your level, without HM skills, as an assassin is probably a good way to give yourself a rage induced heart attack.  It's not unwinnable, but it is seriously annoying.

8.  Escaping an aerial juggle without help, or the person performing the aerial screwing up isn't possible.

9.  You probably have a combination of insufficient knowledge of your opponents and spotty latency.  

I would suggest they likely aren't reacting to you, but rather reading you.

Most classes have a limited number of realistic openers - if you know your opponent and what they've used so far, you can often predict their (only realistic) next move well in advance of it being executed - this in turn is countered by waiting out someone's attempt to read you and punishing them for it, or countering their read attempt to produce a new opening.

I won't pretend that I spend much time in arena - but a few examples:

- If a whole variety of skills are locked out, you may have been hit by an offense-defense lockout skill - most do not last very long and are not particularly spammable

- If just your defensive skills are locked out, your counter probably got broken.

The PvP in this game plays much more like a fighting game than you might expect - ie a good portion of it is like a chess match between opponents.

11 hours ago, PleaseW84myRX8 said:

I'll see about posting vids.  I don't have any screen capture software.  I'll google that.

Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) works perfectly fine for recording, without needing a lot of performance. Its ment for streaming, but it 'streams' to local files just fine.

Alternatively you can use nvidia shadowplay, but it only works on nvidia cards.

Those are the two i can recommend you.

Well I don't have any problems playing summoners in arena. If I do lose that just means I made a huge mistake i shouldn't have. If you want to climb in arena you must know the other classes skills and not be too quick to blow your escapes. Once you blow your escapes you're just as good as dead. 

Fighting a KFM just don't attack them mindlessly. You are a sin and they are pretty OP in arena atm. Just learn how to deal with the other classes and you'll do good. If you really can't do anything against a KFM and summoner then make an alt that's one of those two classes and learn their skills and cd for learning purposes and learn how they work.

So, just an update to my issue, looks like I'm experiencing a combination of lag problems and weird bugs brought on by lag.  Been talking to B&S tech support after an increase in my issues (loss of control of character/buttons when not being attacked, attacks not landing, etc.).  Trying to work it out right now.

Archived