[Suggestion] Name swap between character we own

ShiroX1

Anyone also feel it would be nice to have a name swap feature between character we own on the website?

Similar to how they implemented the reason server change feature.

I know that currently we can pretty much do the same thing using name change vouchers. But there is also the 24 hour name lockout being very risky or just very time consuming with many random things that can go wrong in between. Leading to this suggestion to just swap the names on the site which will essentially remove this 24 hour wait and any random stuff that may happen in between.

3 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

There already is a name exchange service.

Change the name on Character A

Change the name on Character B to Character A's name

Change the name on Character A to Chracter B's name 

The real problem there is the crazy high cost of those tickets, thats is something like 1000 coins each, u need 3...thats 3000. On my server the trade between coins and gold (ctrl+c) is around 5/1....thats 600 gold without the fees...maybe whales and super high levels (ap...as usual...level is shit without the cash) can do it for a whim, but the rest of us got gear to buy...being this a game that is TOTALLY AP realated, and wasting that lot of money on name will let u behind in the rush for AP, thats like i said seems the only important thing here.

Yeah but they do offer name changing services...now if you want to change names between of your own chars that's on you and your cost.

I wish I had invested on getting HM12 and 820 AP on another better char for pvp than FM but I am stuck there and cant do it unless I start on the other class from scratch.

I for one agree with your suggestion. Changing a name and swapping two names are different things, and should be reflected as such, without needing to pay 3 times the cost. What I find "ridiculously dumb" is how this community slams someone who has an idea that isn't their own. Exactly how would this feature affect you negatively were it implemented?

10 hours ago, Illurian said:

I for one agree with your suggestion. Changing a name and swapping two names are different things, and should be reflected as such, without needing to pay 3 times the cost. What I find "ridiculously dumb" is how this community slams someone who has an idea that isn't their own. Exactly how would this feature affect you negatively were it implemented?

Doesn't sound like 2 diff things to me. If you want to change your name you simply buy a name changer, now if the name you want to change to is already on one of your other characters thats on you, so explain to me WHY you feel YOU shouldn't pay for a 2nd name change if you want that name so badly? What makes you think that if they actually did add anything like that they wouldn't just charge the same it would cost you to buy the name changers to rename both of your characters? Let me guess, you would want it to be cheaper too? 

Yes, we should all give them constructive suggestions to better the game not to make them waste their time just to "scratch your back" for you.

58 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Doesn't sound like 2 diff things to me. If you want to change your name you simply buy a name changer, now if the name you want to change to is already on one of your other characters thats on you, so explain to me WHY you feel YOU shouldn't pay for a 2nd name change if you want that name so badly? What makes you think that if they actually did add anything like that they wouldn't just charge the same it would cost you to buy the name changers to rename both of your characters? Let me guess, you would want it to be cheaper too? 

Yes, we should all give them constructive suggestions to better the game not to make them waste their time just to "scratch your back" for you.

Exactly because you already "own" the name, you shouldn't have to buy 3 name change scrolls to reclaim what you already have. Obviously you would want it cheaper. You already own the name. It doesn't make sense to have to pay 3 times the price to change your name to something you already own than to something you don't.

Let's put this into a situation of profit; having it as an option vs not: as it stands, I'm in a position where I would like to swap the names of 2 of my characters. I won't be, mind you, due to the cost, but I would have if there were a cheaper alternative. Thus, NCsoft loses a potential profit in that aspect. I'm sure there are others in this same situation, hence the thread.

Player customization and customer satisfaction is bettering the game, is it not? More options have only ever been positive. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't constructive. What isn't constructive is your asinine attitude that feels the need to shoot down any idea that god forbid asks for more player customization, with baseless claims to boot.

You still haven't answered how this being made an option would affect you in anyway whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Illurian said:

Exactly because you already "own" the name, you shouldn't have to buy 3 name change scrolls to reclaim what you already have. Obviously you would want it cheaper. You already own the name. It doesn't make sense to have to pay 3 times the price to change your name to something you already own than to something you don't.

Let's put this into a situation of profit; having it as an option vs not: as it stands, I'm in a position where I would like to swap the names of 2 of my characters. I won't be, mind you, due to the cost, but I would have if there were a cheaper alternative. Thus, NCsoft loses a potential profit in that aspect. I'm sure there are others in this same situation, hence the thread.

Player customization and customer satisfaction is bettering the game, is it not? More options have only ever been positive. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't constructive. What isn't constructive is your asinine attitude that feels the need to shoot down any idea that god forbid asks for more player customization, with baseless claims to boot.

You still haven't answered how this being made an option would affect you in anyway whatsoever.

Exactly, they are YOUR characters and YOU chose where to put each name wherever so why should they bail you out? 
That's like taking out a 1,000,000 loan from a bank when you only needed 500,000 but you go back to the bank wanting to pay them 500,000 only because you spent the 500,000 elsewhere...the bank doesn't care nor is their problem...you still owe the 1,000,000.

I have transferred names within my chars before but I didn't ask nor expect NCSoft to facilitate it for me. It was my doing, I chose to name the characters so I was responsible for it. 

56 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Exactly, they are YOUR characters and YOU chose where to put each name wherever so why should they bail you out? 
That's like taking out a 1,000,000 loan from a bank when you only needed 500,000 but you go back to the bank wanting to pay them 500,000 only because you spent the 500,000 elsewhere...the bank doesn't care nor is their problem...you still owe the 1,000,000.

I have transferred names within my chars before but I didn't ask nor expect NCSoft to facilitate it for me. It was my doing, I chose to name the characters so I was responsible for it. 

I don't get it. Why is it that whenever someone makes a simple SUGGESTION, no matter how decent it may actually be, it gets dismissed as dumb or the person being "lazy" and wanting everything "handed to them" or the person not being "responsible" for whatever? You may not agree with the suggestion, and that's fine,  but there's no reason to be aggressive towards people who DO agree with it. (This isn't aimed much at you as it is at another poster.)

I, for one, think this is a decent idea for anyone who happens to be in this situation. It's ridiculous to have to pay for 3 name change vouchers just to switch names between characters. However, I can also accept the fact that this will probably never be a service that's offered, as I can't really see NCSoft ever implementing it, and I don't think there are enough people in this situation to justify NC adding it.

9 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

And there it is, folks. The reason for this response: "I've already done it, so if they implement it now I would have wasted all the money for nothing!"
That, right there, is called a conflict of interest due to a personal agenda. You are not debating this for the "bettering of the game" as you stated. You are against this simply because you don't want to feel like you lost out by already having done the name change at 3 times the cost. 

Also, your analogy is hilariously inaccurate. Choosing a character name does not equate to taking up a loan. It equates to creating a bank account. Wanting to swap names between characters does not equate to paying them back half of your loan, it equates to setting your gyro from sending all of your earnings to your spending account, to your savings account instead. Do you not see how baseless your claims are?

You have, once again, yet to provide a substantial argument on how this would impact the community negatively, were it implemented.

5 hours ago, Illurian said:

And there it is, folks. The reason for this response: "I've already done it, so if they implement it now I would have wasted all the money for nothing!"
That, right there, is called a conflict of interest due to a personal agenda. You are not debating this for the "bettering of the game" as you stated. You are against this simply because you don't want to feel like you lost out by already having done the name change at 3 times the cost. That is asinine at best, and painfully bigoted at worst.

Also, your analogy is hilariously inaccurate. Choosing a character name does not equate to taking up a loan. It equates to creating a bank account. Wanting to swap names between characters does not equate to paying them back half of your loan, it equates to setting your gyro from sending all of your earnings to your spending account, to your savings account instead. Do you not see how baseless your claims are?

You have, once again, yet to provide a substantial argument on how this would impact the community negatively, were it implemented.

I could careless that I spent the money to change the names between 2 of my chars lol. I made the mistake of putting the names where i later on didnt want them so it was my responsibility and i took care of it. I never said anything about "wasting" money on that lol. But if YOU put the names on the wrong char or on the char you dont wanna play anymore its your problem so YOU fix it. Has NCSoft given you a way to fix it? Yes they have, name change. Stop moaning and bitching and own up to it. Simple as that. 

57 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

I could careless that I spent the money to change the names between 2 of my chars lol. I made the mistake of putting the names where i later on didnt want them so it was my responsibility and i took care of it. I never said anything about "wasting" money on that lol. But if YOU put the names on the wrong char or on the char you dont wanna play anymore its your problem so YOU fix it. Has NCSoft given you a way to fix it? Yes they have, name change. Stop moaning and bitching and own up to it. Simple as that. 

I don't understand why you're getting so aggressive lol. If someone wants to make a suggestion, they're allowed to. No need to get upset over someone making a suggestion, ESPECIALLY since it's something that doesn't even affect you one way or another.

Gotta love this community. Someone makes a simple suggestion and it's considered "bitching and moaning". No wonder there are barely any new players playing this game.

21 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

I don't understand why you're getting so aggressive lol. If someone wants to make a suggestion, they're allowed to. No need to get upset over someone making a suggestion, ESPECIALLY since it's something that doesn't even affect you one way or another.

Gotta love this community. Someone makes a simple suggestion and it's considered "bitching and moaning". No wonder there are barely any new players playing this game.

Yes we are toxic! 

Good luck getting ncsoft to spoil you with a name swap :)

13 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Yes we are toxic! 

Good luck getting ncsoft to spoil you with a name swap :)

Now you're being aggressive for the sake of it. Please quote me; where did I say I wanted the name swap? You're arguing just to argue now.

And yes, you are currently being toxic. Arguing with people and being aggressive just because you don't agree with them is exactly that. Maybe grow up and stop flaming people for making suggestions that, again, DON'T AFFECT YOU EVEN IF THEY WERE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE GAME.

Edit: Wow, you even called it being "spoiled". I can see the kind of person you are. There's no way a decent conversation can come out of this with your mindset.

6 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Now you're being aggressive for the sake of it. Please quote me; where did I say I wanted the name swap? You're arguing just to argue now.

And yes, you are currently being toxic. Arguing with people and being aggressive just because you don't agree with them is exactly that. Maybe grow up and stop flaming people for making suggestions that, again, DON'T AFFECT YOU EVEN IF THEY WERE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE GAME.

That was directed at anyone in support of that suggestion not just you lol. Im 29 but thanks, anyways like i said, good luck gettingn ncsoft to fix your mistakes lol

holy hell but its kinda too specific situation, swap names, also it should be (if you find it so worth! ) one time thing, so paying 3 tickets instead of 2, its not such biggie

i could also swap names by the way, was thinking of it, but i would just wait till i can salvage my alts weapon, then i delete her, and use one ticket!

never thought about making thread xD

11 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

Couldn't it be said same about name changing in general. Your character and YOU chose the name for it to start it with. Why should you be allowed to change the names at all? 

In my opinion name swap is great idea because that way you can painlessly change the names without risking that someone steals your char name in the process especially if it were something more popular. Yes that kind of luck can happen and what then? Someone took the name you had for the whole time you were playing and just because you have to do it the long hard expensive way you might in the end lose your precious names. It's a small thing that could be done that makes things a bit better for the community without affecting any harm to any player.

Archived