Forums

Why add Black Tower with laggy Servers?

Hydralisk

Just as the title states, why add it now, especially when the servers are still trash? Apparently the needed DPS for Black Tower is between 25k-30k. Yes, some players can do this..but probably 70%-85% of the player-base can't.. even if these players are geared, simply because the connection needed to do this amount of DPS needs to be insanely good, like 50 to 150ms MAX. I do 4man for every dungeon except foundry, and i'll join a party with everyone 700AP- 750AP+, other than me, and maybe one guy, MAYBE, will be doing 20k-25k DPS, while the other 2 are doing 13k-20k, WITH SB/Blue Buff/Restraint, and EVEN with boss buff's from like ken and gen or the lightning charges from Last boss in Tomb. This happens in about 90% of my parties. I ask these guys their ms, and the one guy doing the amount of DPS their class is supposed to do with this gear, has about 50-100ms, while the other 2 have 150-300ms.

I am Soul Fighter sitting at 706AP, have 60% crit and soul stage 6, and i can hold about 13k-16k without SB/Blue Buff, and about 15k-18k with them, mainly because i get around 150-220ms due to the laggy servers. I've been in parties and get out DPS'ed by someone with 630AP... I ask them their ms, they tell me 60-100ms... My connection is NOT trash. I play other games and get about 60-90ms. So this means, that if i actually had 50-150ms, my connection in these other games would be 20-50ms...

So Why are they adding something the MAJORITY of the players can't do, because the servers are trash. Right now it looks like i'll have to "farm" another 100-150AP to do Black Tower... 

Another thing...in KR BnS, they have this system, where depending on your Hm level, you get to choose a stat to upgrade (Attack Power is one, i dont rememer the other...), and at hm10, you get about 200AP....why are they not adding something like this with the feb 8th update...

25 minutes ago, Hydralisk said:

Another thing...in KR BnS, they have this system, where depending on your Hm level, you get to choose a stat to upgrade (Attack Power is one, i dont rememer the other...), and at hm10, you get about 200AP....why are they not adding something like this with the feb 8th update...

This particular feature was added with the latest patch lvl55 HM25 so we will get this in a few years, and no, this wount help you at all because RAW STATS cant bring your dps to the needed level.

The current stats for black skyscraper in KR are 900ap and a minimum 50k dps and in this 900ap is NOT included the HM level bonuses. And where did you get that statistic that 70% of the server population is lagging? Do you really think those guys here who complain like you know why they are lagging? Cmon man, I live over 3000km away from the server and I have 40-50 ping with a little under 25k dps at 686ap. Your class is one of the worst dps classes currently ingame. Thats a bad thing :D

1 hour ago, NightFer said:

This particular feature was added with the latest patch lvl55 HM25 so we will get this in a few years

A few years? Tbh we will probably get that feature by the end of this year.

But also, I THINK the new client will help make it less laggy? We'll have tosee

2 hours ago, Hydralisk said:

I am Soul Fighter sitting at 706AP, have 60% crit and soul stage 6, and i can hold about 13k-16k without SB/Blue Buff, and about 15k-18k with them, mainly because i get around 150-220ms due to the laggy servers. I've been in parties and get out DPS'ed by someone with 630AP... I ask them their ms, they tell me 60-100ms... My connection is NOT trash. I play other games and get about 60-90ms. So this means, that if i actually had 50-150ms, my connection in these other games would be 20-50ms...

Though NCwest servers may be bad, can also be your ISP's fault since they could take a different routing path that can cause your lag.

Have you ever tried using WTFast and changing the routing to see if that improves your connection?

This particular feature was added with the latest patch lvl55 HM25 so we will get this in a few years, and no, this wount help you at all because RAW STATS cant bring your dps to the needed level.

Few years? No. Near the end of the year we'll probably get this change.

Your class is one of the worst dps classes currently ingame.

Also, SF is far from being one of the "worst" DPS classes. But doubt you ever ran into any good ones so can't blame you there.

I have 40-50 ping with a little under 25k dps at 686ap

Yeah...i just said that you're gonna be doing that much DPS with Insanely fast connection speeds... And SF is not one of the Worst DPS classes...It's one of the worst to use with a connection speed of 150ms+

And this Stat of where 70% of people on server is laggy, ik its not factual probably to everyone in-game, but about 70% of my runs, the people doing low dps with High stats were laggy...and a lot of people complain about lag, so :L

15 minutes ago, Hydralisk said:

i tried long ago, there was a small to medium increase in connection speed.. 

What version did you try?

If you tried only the Basic then that will be minimal configuration and doesn't allow you to change the routing so much change may not happen.

Using the Advanced version allows you to connect to two servers instead of one and allows you to change the routing so you can see if it'll have any big changes. I know when I used Advanced(still using it actually) I've seen a big difference in my ping being lower and more stable than on my own internet.

5 hours ago, NightFer said:

Already been confirmed this feature is indeed coming this year, despite KR getting it just a month ago. Huraaay !

I'm a force master with 630 AP, 1-3 MSP ss 4-5 asura/be ido and 6-8 desolate tomb SS mix (which is not good, i need the rest of the msp SS already) still at true outhbreaker accessories and 200+ latency and i do 15-20k dps with no problem. The people with 700+ ap you just described probably just don't know how to play their class Dx. I wish i had 50-150 ms :/ i'd do insane dps with dragon char then and i already do 50k/s with it 

But yeah it's either they don"t know how to play their class or FMs are just that good. I do outdps most people with 100 ap more than me in my parties though

Like honestly, one time we had a FM with 750ap at gloom, he had auto detonate on so a bit of my damage was gone, and i was the marker and we still had the same dps. It was sad to watch that

4 hours ago, slowcow said:

Already been confirmed this feature is indeed coming this year, despite KR getting it just a month ago. Huraaay !

so we will have 55/25 by the end of the year? Also have in mind there extra stats does NOT show in the profile page, so whatever you do, you will still be the same ap as before, and this is not a bug.

2 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

People can hardly do MSP because of the server lag, the two new 24 mans are going to be horrific.. lag + elite a holes..fun. 

if its realy server sided, why did i have a ingame delay between 90 and 150 ms? shoulndt it be much higher when you call it a server sided lag?

Blade and Soul servers aren't best ones, but not worst at all, it may be caused by our ISP aswell.

An example is me and my guild members, we're from Brazil, the average MS of the guild members are around 220-280ms and it's like 85% of it.

10% has around 180-210ms, and 5%(which includes me and others 5 guys) are playing with 90-150ms.

Ofcourse i could get a little less MS if BnS server were better, i've played others games that i had 80-90ms constantly like TERA/Archeage.

I, like the others 5 guys in my guild, are paying for Dedicated Connection(which is very expensive, but still), others use normal ISP that usually uses cheap routing services, that's why they're playing over 220ms.

So don't blame NCSOFT for your high latency, blame your ISP aswell, look for another one with better services that fits you.

p.s: I like so much online games, that's why i pay a good amount for a good connection.

4 hours ago, NightFer said:

so we will have 55/25 by the end of the year? Also have in mind there extra stats does NOT show in the profile page, so whatever you do, you will still be the same ap as before, and this is not a bug.

I can't tell you any more than that. I took my information from the 1yr anniversary stream where at around 4h36min they talked about upcoming stuff this year. Revamped skill tree/system was one of them.

47 minutes ago, slowcow said:

I can't tell you any more than that. I took my information from the 1yr anniversary stream where at around 4h36min they talked about upcoming stuff this year. Revamped skill tree/system was one of them.

Revamped skill system have nothing to do with the 55/25 patch and the new HM level stats. If they decide to do that, it needs to come with at least HM20 patch, we currently have HM15. Those boosts wount get you any advantage since you get AP from the current HM levels aswell. If you do 15k dps, you will do 18k which is not that much honestly.

5 minutes ago, slowcow said:

So what is this revamped skill tree with offensive/defensive thingies they mentioned in stream? Just a new skill tree UI?

I think its this one:

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-destroyer-new-skill-tree/

There are also some videos in youtube, which shows the revamped skill tree for the other classes, like for SF:

Oh my bad then, I thought revamped skill tree came with HM level stats and the whole offensive/defensive jada-jada. Because in stream they mentioned the whole defensive/offensive thingie.

So what is this revamped skill tree with offensive/defensive thingies they mentioned in stream? Just a new skill tree UI?

18 hours ago, Hydralisk said:

Apparently the needed DPS for Black Tower is between 25k-30k. Yes, some players can do this..but probably 70%-85% of the player-base can't..

Then they can nerf the boss HP.

8 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

point for you. 
But what chance this costume by your stats, or gameplay? 

It's just cosmetic item that is not necessary in any way for the game progress or upgrades whatsoever. Sorry for the "smartassness" but all in all no item can be obtained only by real money that have actual impact on the stats. Even the gems when they are maxed out to Sparkling Heptagonals they give so minimal boost to the stats that it's as if nothing even happened.

Archived