Forums

RAM Configuration

Shingen Sanada

Hi everybody, 

So, i've this PC (THIS ONE sorry it's in french), it's not a gamer PC of course, but i use this graphic card actually (THIS ONE sorry in french again).

But, when i play i have enormous freezes and i think it's because i have not enough RAM. So i wanted to buy memory for my computer and i wanted to know if some of you can help me. I don't know too much about computers and i don't want to buy something i can't use. 

Thanks a lot for your answers,

SS

If you don't know much about computers. The best tip I can offer is go on the crucial.com website and use the "Crucial System Scanner". Just download the scanner and run it. It will analyze your system's hardware and provide a list of compatible RAM for your computer.

Then you could use that INFO and buy the memory online that will ship to where you live.

7 hours ago, Shingen Sanada said:

Hi everybody, 

So, i've this PC (THIS ONE sorry it's in french), it's not a gamer PC of course, but i use this graphic card actually (THIS ONE sorry in french again).

But, when i play i have enormous freezes and i think it's because i have not enough RAM. So i wanted to buy memory for my computer and i wanted to know if some of you can help me. I don't know too much about computers and i don't want to buy something i can't use. 

SS

nice name! :D i hope you get better results when the 64bit client launches.

9 hours ago, Shingen Sanada said:

Hi everybody, 

SS

Don't follow any of the previous advice, since knowing what type of ram you have is not the only thing you need to be aware of. Let me explain:

There are multiple types of ram memory, DIM, DDR, DDR1, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 Based on the link you have  4 GB of DDR3L SDRAM non ECC memory at 1600 MHz . It does mention that you have a 1x4 configuration meaning that you have 1gb module x 4. MOtherboards only have 4 memory slot so you already max out. You might want to open you computer and double check. That been said you will have to get rid of the ram you currently have in order to upgrade and buy a 8 gb set or 16 gb set, a 2gb x4 or 4gb x2 configuration etc, etc.

Just to make sure go to your task manager (ctr+alt+del/task manager) on the performance tab click on memory and on the top will see how much ram you have and what type of ram it is. Just make sure to buy the same type. For installation well don't be lazy, youtube that shit xD

3 hours ago, ZackGTie said:

Don't follow any of the previous advice, since knowing what type of ram you have is not the only thing you need to be aware of. Let me explain:

There are multiple types of ram memory, DIM, DDR, DDR1, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 Based on the link you have  4 GB of DDR3L SDRAM non ECC memory at 1600 MHz . It does mention that you have a 1x4 configuration meaning that you have 1gb module x 4. MOtherboards only have 4 memory slot so you already max out. You might want to open you computer and double check. That been said you will have to get rid of the ram you currently have in order to upgrade and buy a 8 gb set or 16 gb set, a 2gb x4 or 4gb x2 configuration etc, etc.

Just to make sure go to your task manager (ctr+alt+del/task manager) on the performance tab click on memory and on the top will see how much ram you have and what type of ram it is. Just make sure to buy the same type. For installation well don't be lazy, youtube that shit xD

If the person would just do what I said and use the scanner on the website I last posted. It would scan his system and only show the memory that will work in his/her computer and nothing more. The scanner will even show the total amount of RAM the computer can take. It will show the info of the current memory sticks in there computer. It will even show which ram slots are used or not used.

If he uses the scanner it's not going to show something there computer can't use. It was made so people without computer Knowledge can get more memory for there computers. 

Archived