[Question] Character account change

Rashgarroth

Hello!

Since Character Server transfer is now available, i wanna ask if you, NC team, have in mind to do a Character Account Change Service or Event.

Is this on your schedule?

I have two accounts and my main Character is in one and my alt in the other. I would love to have both in same accounts.

Thank you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rashgarroth said:

Hello!

Since Character Server transfer is now available, i wanna ask if you, NC team, have in mind to do a Character Account Change Service or Event.

Is this on your schedule?

I have two accounts and my main Character is in one and my alt in the other. I would love to have both in same accounts.

Thank you.

I asked support about this too, they asked me to post here to see if more people are interested. I certainly am, I am exactly in your case, my main is on one account and the only alt I play in the other. So if other people are in our case, please post here, I would indeed pay for a Character Account Change Service immediately if it became avalaible. 

That's why i think they could at least make an event. Like the month of character account transfer.

They'll probably need to do some security steps for the transfer, like gathering some information from both accounts with the user.

An Account Hacker would probably not know the infos from both accounts. And we have IP to help this out too.

If both accounts are been acessed from the same IP, it means that its from the same house, so probably same person.

I know its not a simple tool to create. But at least as a temporary tool would be nice.

10 hours ago, iMonroe said:

I really don't think transferring a char from one account to another account will ever happen. Allowing it would cause too much of a risk if accounts gets hacked.

Security steps, ISP check and a time limit it's all that is needed, in my opinion. Also don't forget that this would not be a free of charge option, it would cost real money. 

13 hours ago, iMonroe said:

If a company did allow something like this I know it would cost real money. But I never heard of  company that ever allowed the transfer of a char from one account to another. 

I've seen it done 2 or 3 times by the western publishers of others Korean games, like Jongwoon. Time limit, security form to fill up, and it went all smooth. 

But I dont see much point in speculating among ourselves, NCsoft suggested a post in the forums to see if there would be people interested in this service, and that's what this thread is for... the rest is up to them and the developers, if they want to consider it ^_^

Edited by Rea Shinwa

Back when I played Everquest, they did this for me. Even on WoW, a long time ago, they used to do this sort of thing. It WAS something you had to talk with a game master and/or customer service rep for, though, and was only done in special cases. Oh, and FFXI Online did this too. A lot of Western mmorpgs allowed for character swaps between accounts, and in my case, also a Japanese mmorpg, but I don't often see this in Korean mmorpgs, and if it was to be done, they'd charge for it, for sure. I want to be able to do this just so I can have the Alice costume from my alternate account transferred to my alt character on my main account. I mainly want the hair item transferred, because my alt looks so great in it. lol

Edited by Shunaia
Edited because "GM" isn't allowed, along with certain other terms, as per TOU here. Don't wanna get BANNED again. -_-;

57 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

dont compare to wow... in there your account where already on the same email address....

here you have a email address per account..

Actually, I had more than one copy of WoW, ergo two different accounts. I can "compare" as much as a wish, any time I want, every time I want, and as much as I want. Don't presume to make baseless interjections.

Yes please, I made a side account for more character slots back when there was no currency exchange when the servers first opened.

But now that there is one I'd love to move them to the main account making it easier on me since a lot of things are account bound items.

14 hours ago, Hellacious said:

Yes please, I made a side account for more character slots back when there was no currency exchange when the servers first opened.

But now that there is one I'd love to move them to the main account making it easier on me since a lot of things are account bound items.

I am in your very same case. I've been playing since launch day, every day. Main account= my main, 3 mules and one free slot. Second account: the only alt I enjoy. My playing time is limited by my job, my family obligations and my own judgement/enjoyment. If I could transfer my alt to my main account's free slot, the game would take a new incentive for me. As it is, right now I am rather not caring much about one or the other. So yes, please, make this possible.

• 3 months later...

I don't think this is a good idea.

If you allow character transfer between accounts it will support trading with characters. And if hackers/scammers can sell stolen characters for money it will motivate them to try more.

I think if any character transfer is going to be allowed it should be only through support and only in special cases (e.g. there is same credit card/paypal account used for purchases in past on both accounts).

I hope they will implement this one day. I want my alt in my main account (as many others, I didnt have room enough to try characters at launch time, so I made two accounts). It would be easy for them to check everything necessary to transfer one character safely, and all of us posting here (and many others that don't read forums) would gladly pay for this service. 

I am curious, but wouldnt this be as simple as merging two accounts? I mean i know this is an mmo so my example will be an orange compared to an apple.  But one time i had two vudu accounts and talked to support about combining them for me and they literally merged both of my accounts together using the account i wanted as the one that is kept putting all movies on it from the other one. Okay so yeah again i get that im comparing apples and oranges here but its an example and im curious about this since i have two accounts as well. I also suppose the account we want the character or characters moved to will have to have a slot or slots available for each one.