64 Bit client = 30Gb+?

Hydralisk

So 64-Bit client is confirmed for the February 8th patch 

This might be a stupid question, but however my question is...will it be like a "hot-fix" basically or will we have to re-download the entire game?

I've never played a game that has done something like this before, so i can't really guess what'll happen. 

The 64-bit client from Korea is about 200MB big, imagine ours will be a little bigger, maybe 220MB? So no, you won't have to download the whole game again. Think of the client like huge manual telling your computer how to read, use and store the data of the game.

7 hours ago, MorganClaus said:

no, its just around 700-800mb.  

it will be 2 clients in one.

(according to last week when they deployed bin64 to everyone)

The patch might be that size (they're adding two raids after all), but the client is not going to be that big.

What do you mean by 2 in 1? There are two separate clients, two separate executables? The launcher might give you the option to run either, but that doesn't make it 2 in 1.

By  "2-in-1" people are afraid that ALL the games files are built into the client itself and you'll need to redownload all 30-something gigs to use the new client and delete all the old game files. (Some games have this issue) 

But in this game, all the files the game needs to run (The assets and sounds and enviroments and such) are packed into separate archives from the EXE, so that is what makes it "2-in-1" Yes, that's not factually the case, but most people wouldn't know that if they don't go digging around their installation folders; to them, the client and files are just one giant 30 gig black box that is thought of as the "client" and having to redownload all of that would be a little scary. 

Archived