Evolution streamlining ( weapon path ) official update

FlameWizard

BnS posted and official update on weapon path update: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/evolution-streamlining/

Weapons

Here’s a look at the new pre-Silverfrost Mountains weapons that will be rewarded directly after the update.

Act

Quest/Location

Weapon Name

Chapter 5. Disciple of the Hongmoon School

Training Weapon

Chapter 7: Endless Dusk

Stalker Weapon

Chapter 11: Gone Fishing

Bamboo Guard Weapon

Chapter 21: Child's Slay

Sablesteel Weapon

*Blackram Narrows

Blight Weapon

Chapter 7: The Dark Glimpse

Corrupted Weapon

Chapter 18: The Book Thieves

Frostbite Weapon

Chapter 34: The Enemy of My Enemy

Valiant Weapon

*Tomb of the Exiles

Infernal Weapon

Chapter 7: Bark At The Moon

Lycan Weapon

Chapter 17: Strange Aeons

Skyhaven Weapon

Chapter 23: The Sky's Burden

Dokumo Weapon

*Blackram Supply Chain

Siren Weapon

*Bloodshade Harbor

Pirate Weapon

*Optional, more powerful weapons available as rare drops from Heroic Dungeons.

Once you reach Silverfrost weapon progression—where you will begin upgrading your weapon—you’ll benefit from a reduced upgrade cost and a simplified upgrade path. After completing Act 4, Chapter 1: The Road to Darkness, you will receive your Ivorymoon weapon. Ivorymoon is comparative to True Profane, and True Ivorymoon is comparative to True Scorpio. The intermediary upgrades have also been simplified, and overall costs have been greatly reduced.

Here is the cost breakdown for the new Ivorymoon weapon Evolution:

Equipped Weapon

After Evolution

Evolved AP

Cost Path 1

Cost Path 2

Ivorymoon - Stage 5

Ivorymoon - Stage 6

Soulstone x30

N/A

Silverfrost Mountain Dew x30

Frosty Weapon (Shrieking Caverns)

Ivorymoon - Stage 10

Awakened Ivorymoon - Stage 1

Soulstone x140

Soulstone x70

Moonstone x30

Moonstone x15

Frozen Stinger x100

Frozen Stinger x50

Silverfrost Transformation Stone x2

Silverfrost Transformation Stone x1

Naryu Tablet x1

Naryu Tablet x5

Yeti Weapon (Avalanche Den)

Silverfrost Refining Stone x75

Tormented Weapon (Avalanche Den; Lair of the Frozen Fang; Awakened Necropolis)

Awakened Ivorymoon - Stage 5

Awakened Ivorymoon - Stage 6

Soulstone x40

N/A

Moonstone x10

Frozen Stinger x30

King Weapon (Chuanka Frost Cavern)

Awakened Ivorymoon - Stage 10

True Ivorymoon - Stage 1

Soulstone x240

Soulstone x120

Moonstone x60

Moonstone x30

Frozen Stinger x200

Frozen Stinger x100

Silverfrost Transformation Stone x5

Silverfrost Transformation Stone x3

Naryu Tablet x3

Naryu Tablet x25

Scorpio Weapon (Awakened Necropolis)

Silverfrost Refining Stone x105

Tormented Weapon (Avalanche Den; Lair of the Frozen Fang; Awakened Necropolis)

True Ivorymoon - Stage 5

True Ivorymoon - Stage 6

Soulstone x60

N/A

Moonstone x15

Frozen Stinger x50

Alpine Weapon (Sogun’s Lament, Lair of the Frozen Fang, Sundered Nexus, Avalanche Den, Awakened Necropolis, Gloomdross Incursion, The Shattered Masts)

If you have any weapon up to and including True Scorpio, upon logging in after the update you’ll be prompted to Salvage your weapon. Salvaging the weapon will provide you with the new equivalent weapon, and in some cases will also return some of the upgrade materials and gold you spent. In the table below you can see what your weapon will turn into when Salvaged, its new Attack Power (AP) rating, and any returned materials.

Previous Weapon

AP

New Weapon

AP

Returned Materials

Hongmoon Weapon - Stages 1-10

Golden Deva Weapon

Awakened Blight Weapon - Stages 1-10

Infernal Weapon

True Blight Weapon - Stages 1-10

Profane Sword

Awakened Infernal Weapon - Stages 1-10

Forgotten Brightstone Weapon

True Infernal Weapon - Stages 1-10

Siren Weapon

Awakened Profane Weapon - Stages 1-10

Pirate Weapon

True Profane Weapon - Stages 1-10

Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 10

5 Gem Hammers

Oathbreaker Weapon - Stages 1-10

18 Gem Hammers, 3 Gold

True Siren Weapon - Stages 1-10

5 Gem Hammers, 3 Gold

Awakened Oathbreaker Weapon - Stages 1-10

Awakened Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 1

18 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

True Oathbreaker Weapon - Stages 1-10

Awakened Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 6

18 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

True Pirate Weapon - Stages 1-10

5 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

Awakened Breeze Weapon - Stages 1-10

Awakened Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 10

18 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

True Breeze Weapon - Stages 1-10

True Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 1

18 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

Awakened Scorpio Weapon - Stages 1-10

True Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 6

18 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

True Scorpio Weapon - Stages 1-10

True Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 10

18 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold, Hongmoon Legacy Chest

The Hongmoon Legacy Chest contains the following items:

• Soulstone (x250)
  • Moonstone (x70)
  • Frozen Stinger (x200)
  • Naryu Tablet (x15)
  • Silverfrost Refining Stone (x150)

Accessories

The accessory path changes only impact new characters, who will see a change in the items they receive. New users will obtain the new Sterling/Ivorymoon accessories through epic quests, while existing characters will keep their current accessories. Existing characters can also acquire the new Ivorymoon accessories from the Silverfrost Valor Stone Trader NPC in Grand Harvest Square for 10 Silverfrost Valor Stones each.

Here’s a look at the new accessories that will be rewarded directly after the update.

Before Silverfrost Mountains:

Act

Quest/Location

Necklace

Earring

Ring

Bracelet

Belt

Chapter 13: A Bridge Too Far Gone

Plague Necklace

Chapter 16: The Eight Masters

Wu Fu Earring

Chapter 18: Shroom to Grow

Dura's Ring

*Blackram Narrows

Blight Necklace

Blight Earring

Blight Ring

Chapter 2: You and What Army?

Hakan Necklace

Samja's Earring

Ukaha's Ring

*Tomb of the Exiles

Infernal Necklace

Infernal Earring

Infernal Ring

Chapter 2: A Link to the Past and Present

Abomination Necklace

Augerite Earring

Huren Ring

*Blackram Supply Chain

Siren Necklace

Siren Earring

Siren Ring

Siren Bracelet

*Bloodshare Harbor

Pirate Necklace

Pirate Earring

Pirate Ring

Pirate Belt

*Optional, more powerful accessories available as rare drops from Heroic Dungeons.

In addition, two new sets of accessories are being added to the game: Lucent and Pinnacle. These are slightly better than Ivorymoon accessories, but are obtained as rare drops from Heroic Dungeons.

Silverfrost Mountains:

Act

Quest/Location

Necklace

Earring

Ring

Bracelet

Belt

Chapter 4: Forcing the Enforcer

Sterling Ring

Chapter 7: Legitimate Business Practices

Sterling Necklace

Chapter 13: The Royal Martial Arts Championship

Sterling Earring

Chapter 16: Business Unusual

Ivorymoon Ring

Chapter 19: Damning Evidence

Ivorymoon Necklace

Chapter 22: The Eight Masters' Sacrifice

Ivorymoon Earring

Chapter 25: Mother's Garden

Ivorymoon Bracelet

Chapter 28: Her Brother's Keeper

Ivorymoon Belt

*Avalanche Den

Lucent Ring

*Lair of the Frozen Fang

Lucent Necklace

Lucent Bracelet

*Awakened Necropolis

Lucent Earring

Lucent Belt

*Gloomdross Incursion

Pinnacle Ring

*Shattered Masts

Pinnacle Necklace

Pinnacle Bracelet

*Sogun's Lament

Pinnacle Earring

Pinnacle Belt

*Optional, more powerful accessories are available as rare drops from Heroic Dungeons.

Finally, some of the existing accessories are going to have their stats and drop locations updated. If you currently own some of these accessories, you may want to hold onto them as they are going to receive a significant power buff:

Old Name

New Name

Asura

Pinnacle

Python/Yeti/Scorpio

Lucent

Oathbreaker

Ivorymoon

So I have try scorpion that means I will be getting the new weapon +some stuff

I like it so far, but I am still way behind some players hoping they make things a little bit easier to catch up to them.

Lastly they don't talk about cost reduction from true scorpion/new weapon to legendary and jewellery, that means there isn'the one?

Personally, this change for me almost kills the game. It's a great change for 99% of the players, but for me personally, about 1/2 of my fun in this game was in crafting and making profits off of moonwater transformation stones. You can't do it with silverfrost transformation stones since moonstones tend to make the craft more expensive than just buying it off the marketplace - last I checked crafting a batch of silverfrost stones was a -4 gold profit which moonwaters are +6g.

I do enjoy the dungeons and the graphics of the game, but I'm also expecting a bit of an AP creep. Right now for dungeons like GI, SL, and SM I can find groups asking for 550+, but after this update I'm expecting that to become 650+, locking me out of those dungeons.

39 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Personally, this change for me almost kills the game. It's a great change for 99% of the players, but for me personally, about 1/2 of my fun in this game was in crafting and making profits off of moonwater transformation stones. You can't do it with silverfrost transformation stones since moonstones tend to make the craft more expensive than just buying it off the marketplace - last I checked crafting a batch of silverfrost stones was a -4 gold profit which moonwaters are +6g.

I do enjoy the dungeons and the graphics of the game, but I'm also expecting a bit of an AP creep. Right now for dungeons like GI, SL, and SM I can find groups asking for 550+, but after this update I'm expecting that to become 650+, locking me out of those dungeons.

I wouldn't lock you out. And if you can't join a room make one and recruit yourself with fair requirements. 

This was kind of expected to happen sooner or later (as it happens with many mmo's over time), there is no point to keep players stuck in (old) moonwater content when bunch of new content being added at a fairly fast pase. Also you should have realised that MTS will become more doomed from the moment the farmable items for them became more abundant.

15 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

If I have an alt that's at Awakened Pirate does anyone know for certain what it should convert to? I'm guessing it will be treated as True Oathbreaker, but just wondering.

First:

(310AP

)    ----------->    Awakened Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 6

(317

AP)   +       5 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

Hmmm

9 hours ago, Raizou said:

First:

(310AP

)    ----------->    Awakened Ivorymoon Weapon - Stage 6

(317

AP)   +       5 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

Hmmm, so I guess that means items at in-between stages still require a little tedium to take care of. Ah well.

I was thinking that my best bet was to wait, but looking at the cost to go from Awakened Ivorymoon Stage 5 to Stage 6 I guess I'm better off biting the bullet now.

I'm a little conflicted by this change, I upgraded to true scorpio like, an hour before the announcement? Maybe even at the same time, I wasn't watching the stream... That is all fine I guess, pretty much get back what it costed me to upgrade... but what irritates me is that I just spent a lot of time and money to upgrade to pre-legendary on my de facto main, just to have my two main wannabes suddenly catch up to my main with less than one fourth of the cost and they already have the materials for that... and I was really disappointed to see that everyone from oathbreaker forward get the same thing, 5 gold and 18 gem hammers, the only exception being true scorpio that also get a very modest reimbursement.

But one thing about that post confuses me, and they never adressed that in the stream either; What happens to accessories? Can we still upgrade them? I mean, 30 Legendary gems is quite a lot, if we are one stage away from true python, scorpio or yeti, will we be lucked out and won't be able to upgrade it? Or can we salvage them and get some legendary jewels? Way too lacking in information regarding the accessories!

24 minutes ago, Yndril said:

But one thing about that post confuses me, and they never adressed that in the stream either; What happens to accessories? Can we still upgrade them? I mean, 30 Legendary gems is quite a lot, if we are one stage away from true python, scorpio or yeti, will we be lucked out and won't be able to upgrade it? Or can we salvage them and get some legendary jewels? Way too lacking in information regarding the accessories!

"

Accessories

The accessory path changes only impact new characters, who will see a change in the items they receive. New users will obtain the new Sterling/Ivorymoon accessories through epic quests, while existing characters will keep their current accessories. Existing characters can also acquire the new Ivorymoon accessories from the Silverfrost Valor Stone Trader NPC in Grand Harvest Square for 10 Silverfrost Valor Stones each."

I think you can upgrade your accessoires, because:

36 minutes ago, Raizou said:

"

Accessories

The accessory path changes only impact new characters, who will see a change in the items they receive. New users will obtain the new Sterling/Ivorymoon accessories through epic quests, while existing characters will keep their current accessories. Existing characters can also acquire the new Ivorymoon accessories from the Silverfrost Valor Stone Trader NPC in Grand Harvest Square for 10 Silverfrost Valor Stones each."

I think you can upgrade your accessoires, because:

Can't remember that part of the post from yesterday, was definitely no words about it being buyable with valor stones I'm sure. That answers some of my questions. The current path most likely will still exist then, but then rise the problem about Asura accessories, it sounded like they would be replaced with the new ones, does the path for the Oathbreaker change to reflect that? Or are you screwed if you didn't farm Asura before it got replaced? Or do they mean replace literally so that Asura will pretty much just change name?

9 minutes ago, Rochelle2016 said:

Any new upgrade paths for Galaxy weapons?

Galaxy weapon is legendary, and I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't change any costs or paths for legendary (just add the one succeeding Baleful/serpah's).

From what it sound like the accessories are just there as substitutes, so you can use them in the meantime until you can fully max out your hongmoon accessories, if you want to that is for the legendary jewels or could jump right to legendary accessories 'if you can get them that is'. 

Can someone explain to me please how this is going to work? is it just going to ask you to salvage your equipped weapons or ALL of them?

I have a True Pirate 10 that i worked my butt off for! I am no where near able to upgrade it, nor after all the trouble do i want to get rid of it. Will i be able to keep it somehow and salvage other weapons and work on upgrading them instead?

I also have True Infernal 10 weapon i keep on me for when i am with lower level players and as a spare weapon where i put my lower quality AP gems on since the sockets in 1 weapon take less space that each gem in a slot in the vault, 4 gems fit in 1 slot being PART of the weapon.

Also for gem reasons I have a spare Hongmoon 10.. because i would just let them break and throw them away early game so i had 10 and broke 7 cause the Hongmoon weapon was cheaper than buying repair hammers :P

So do I need to just put my True Infernal into my equip slot and it will be the only one it tries to salvage, or will it try to salvage ALL of my weapons at once, or all of them one at a time?

what do?

Also this mentions NOTHING about gem sockets for these new weapons. I predict another Gem Hammer fiasco like before where things are lost, and no information is given. Obviously i NEVER got my gem hammers from before because they expected you to get from Pirate Weapon to the SilverFrost line in like 1 week to qualify. But who cares.. I just don't want to lose my Pirate weapon i worked my butt off for all those warrior tokens, and i like the look of it also!

1 hour ago, Shadzar said:

I have a True Pirate 10 that i worked my butt off for! I am no where near able to upgrade it, nor after all the trouble do i want to get rid of it. Will i be able to keep it somehow and salvage other weapons and work on upgrading them instead?

Why not salvage it? You will get this after salvaging:

(310 AP)   ------------>         

(317

AP)         +        5 Gem Hammers, 5 Gold

1 hour ago, Shadzar said:

Can someone explain to me please how this is going to work? is it just going to ask you to salvage your equipped weapons or ALL of them?

I think, that the system wont salvage your weapons directly, you have to salvage them by yourself. If you say, that you want to keep them, farm the new ones and upgrade them instead of your old weapon, then its doable. I think, there will everytime a pop up message, which informs you to salvage the weapon.

Anyone else think that the amount of gold they're giving us back is a joke?

It should at least be ten to twenty times the gold they're offering, especially for those of us that spent that amount just a day or two before the announcement came out.

As a precaution I would remove the skins and all gems from weapons before salvaging seeing as how we are also getting free gem hammers....that would suck terribly if you had alot of hongmoon gems on them than they vanished

3 hours ago, Vezperz said:

Anyone else think that the amount of gold they're giving us back is a joke?

It should at least be ten to twenty times the gold they're offering, especially for those of us that spent that amount just a day or two before the announcement came out.

Shouldnt you say, what about those that payed the full price and the first to get the gear! No matter what the management does no one is happy. 

The managment may refund some players if they send a ticket, but then again its up to them to do it.

This update mainly to bring everyone to higher AP tier so that everyone can enjoy higher level contect instead of being stuck in 300~400 AP range.

2 minutes ago, Yndril said:

That is what it's supposed to do in theory, but in practice, what it'll do is increase the AP requirements for all dungeons. Most people aren't asking for AP because they want more overall damage, most people are asking for experience. If it's easier to get more AP, the new 500+ will be 600+, the new 650+ will be 750+. I generally like the change, especially for my many alts, but its definitely a "nerf" for my main.

intentions and results may differ, but its better to do something than not.

16 minutes ago, FlameWizard said:

This update mainly to bring everyone to higher AP tier so that everyone can enjoy higher level contect instead of being stuck in 300~400 AP range.

That is what it's supposed to do in theory, but in practice, what it'll do is increase the AP requirements for all dungeons. Most people aren't asking for AP because they want more overall damage, most people are asking for experience. If it's easier to get more AP, the new 500+ will be 600+, the new 650+ will be 750+. I generally like the change, especially for my many alts, but its definitely a "nerf" for my main.

1 hour ago, FlameWizard said:

intentions and results may differ, but its better to do something than not.

I don't disagree with you there, any attempts are welcome in my eyes. Their intentions is good at least, whatever result might come of it.

Archived